• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

WarranThad

Smash Ace
What can I do against Ganondorf besides turnip camping and getting in between badly spaced moves? The only openings i get to attack is when they **** up, otherwise i'm just getting my shield ***** or running away.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most important thing, don't do half the stuff I do. It's experiment and gets me killed a lot for various reasons.

Also, know how to FC perfectly, because grabs from Ganon are killer.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I just watched some magus vs ryoko matches, pretty much the same stuff as what happens in my matches except the ganon i play DI's much better than magus and does more wizard kicks (dont ask...)

blah =/

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Double post due to edit being broke

edit: grabs from ganon are indeed mean. 0% throws end up doing ~30ish damage to me usually as I get naired. Otherwise it's a uair that hurts pretty hard too.

and yeah, i should improve my FCing.

also lol @ your random toad in the last match of the 5 game set.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
If he really does Wizard Kick that much, here's what you do.

Recognize when it's coming out. Run away and roll in that direction into his stopping point. Usmash for a shoulderpad.

This danger shouldn't faze him at percents where the shoulderpad won't kill, but it will condition him to stop using it once he hits 90 and up. If not, then it's death.

Samochan

Smash Master
I've been able to nair out of ganon's dthrow at lower%. It just might be cause peki mistimed his attacks for couple of frames, but jamming the a button might save you from getting hit in some cases. Also nair is good against ganondorf cause it's so quick it cuts through his slower aerials before he can even do them. Spaced Fair against his shield to dtilt should be fun and open combo possibilities, he's so prone to any kinds of combo from peach, be it ftilt or dtilt or uairs and dash attacks and practically everything comboes him lol. If the ganon goes a bit high on his up b than usual sweetspot attempts, you can actually grab him for fthrow.

JTHMbyJV

Smash Cadet
I love in the last vid of that four game set when you taunted and then got smoked by a fair.

Pritch

Smash Lord
If he really does Wizard Kick that much, here's what you do.

Recognize when it's coming out. Run away and roll in that direction into his stopping point. Usmash for a shoulderpad.

This danger shouldn't faze him at percents where the shoulderpad won't kill, but it will condition him to stop using it once he hits 90 and up. If not, then it's death.
That sounds really cool.

And for the record, I'd seen xif doing the turnip drop thing 2 summers ago when I first started getting into tournaments. I'm willing to bet you both came up with it independently.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what shoulderpad refers to. But then again i don't read much, if any peach forum/smashboards/smashwiki.

either way the wizard kicks aren't exactly problematic, just kind of funny and have caught me (and many, amny others) off guard. He recently won a tournament in Calgary that had best of west coast canada, he's currently 5th on ECC pr right behind chester01, pkm vwins and bam. Really it's his spacing/consistent l-canceling (no room to get in) and great di that wreck me in the end.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Jason Sheldon Zimmerman
mindgames :(
I'm not sure what shoulderpad refers to. But then again i don't read much, if any peach forum/smashboards/smashwiki.

either way the wizard kicks aren't exactly problematic, just kind of funny and have caught me (and many, amny others) off guard. He recently won a tournament in Calgary that had best of west coast canada, he's currently 5th on ECC pr right behind chester01, pkm vwins and bam. Really it's his spacing/consistent l-canceling (no room to get in) and great di that wreck me in the end.
if thats whats wrong then learn to FC and turnips > his spacing

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I like to share my Brains on this matchup since I play Ganon at times and I beat the best Ganon in N.Y in a tournament match.

I dont really think there is any other way To beat Ganon. With him its best not to try and be fancy I always keep my eye on Ganon. Cause if you make a mistake, Ganon can Punish you pretty bad for it.

Watch out for close doube jump Fairs and stomps. Its best to have a Good grab game on Ganon. it throws him off. And of course an good turnip game. I usually go to Ganon with turnips. Space my Fairs to grabs. I dont Dsmash him unless his sheild is small. Cause I noticed so many Peach players do that and Ganon Jumps and Dairs them to a Combo or Death.

I'm Very Patient with Ganon For my Style of Mike G and my lil Randomness I added to it. I dash dance alot. even when in thier face I Dash away so they can strike and them punish them for thier mistakes. pissing off ganon is a good way to have the upper hand. Ganons who rush at you are setting themselves up for ownage.

Watch out for the Common Fair then Jab follow up. Dont roll or abuse the Dsmash here. I tend to use the Dsmash alot less here. I use Dairs to Nairs or Grabs if the shield. Wave Dash out of the Shield alot for that big hit box he has to abuse his mistakes. cause he will L-canel to a Jab.

Cort

Apple Head
I wish I had every open-reopen parasol combo I've completed recorded. I've never seen you do those.

They're pretty great. Especially leading into grabs or dtilts, or killing a Fox from the top right corner of dreamland and dragging him to the bottom.

Uhh.. yeah. You're not good with up b, sorry. I'm the MASTER.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wish I had every open-reopen parasol combo I've completed recorded. I've never seen you do those.

They're pretty great. Especially leading into grabs or dtilts, or killing a Fox from the top right corner of dreamland and dragging him to the bottom.

Uhh.. yeah. You're not good with up b, sorry. I'm the MASTER.

Heh heh. You should see me off camera, just like I should see you off camera with it right?;)

Have you ever linked 2 up-B's in a row instantly?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well I can prove it both on and off camera. I'm just that good. You may have had your fame back then. But its over. I am here.

Now if you wanna prove me wrong show me what you got on the 29th. I'll be more than happy to show you the Real master.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There is only one way to settle this........Up-B contest!!! Now is the time to show your moves. This wont be hard for me to win.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You can try.......But you wont get very far;)

Not only am I gonna beat your azz in a Peach ditto, I'm also gonna show you How to really use the Up-B so you can know your place!

I'll see you...........in CT!!

Cort

Apple Head
So, do you want to money match or something? Or do you want me to rig the brackets so we play in tournament?

And then go from there?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So, do you want to money match or something? Or do you want me to rig the brackets so we play in tournament?

And then go from there?
Oh Pleace Rig the brackets. Cause I wanna send your azz to losers, or if some how we are both in it, I wanna kick you out of the tournament.

After watching a few of Cort Peach vs PC, I have to say cort gets the up-b master award, sorry Dark peach
This is Peachy. I get to show my stuff and Prove people wrong. I am so gonna love this.;)

Cort

Apple Head
All right, I'll be sure to put you in my bracket then. Just don't lose to the random scrubs you'll fight the first couple of rounds. ;)

Also Daz, I don't care for Duke Nukem. Besides his BALLS OF STEEL ofcourse.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Hay Cort

I just started playing peach just because

Ive decided to use blue ^_^

What kind of stuff should i do

lol

Gimpy told me

Dsmash
Turnip
Nair
Bair