• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official AC Villager Discussion Thread! He smiles as he smashes faces in! [Update: CONFIRMED!]

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Holy crap. You discovered something. Those are all "Mii game" references. Wii Sports: Box gloves, bowling ball NintendoLand: Balloon Recovery.

Maybe this doesn't deconfirm Balloon Fighter and Little Mac! Maybe it deconfirms Miis?

Oh heck, maybe Miis occupy the same slot? I'd be okay with that.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I hope that deconfirms miis. To me that deconfirms balloon fighter in my mind, and I think little mac still has a shot.

Yeah I just noticed there weren't any screenshots of him on the 3DS too. Wonder how long till that's cleared up.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This makes all those pointless arguments with Kuma about how Villager is obviously the only choice for Animal Crossing seem much more worthwhile. I even said the Villager could be trailer material, since he's popular, well-known, successful, topical thanks to New Leaf, and most importantly UNEXPECTED because of what Sakurai had said before. I'm very happy with how this turned out.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
Tom Nook confirmed for clone to be added a month before release.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Jesus Christ, that screenshot of Villager hitting Mario with the tree looks positively satanic. Hell Villager in general with his empty eyed grin as he slaughters his opponents is completely terrifying. And I love it. I see great screenshots in Villager's future.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Jesus Christ, that screenshot of Villager hitting Mario with the tree looks positively satanic. Hell Villager in general with his empty eyed grin as he slaughters his opponents is completely terrifying. And I love it. I see great screenshots in Villager's future.
And to quote title of thread: "They smile as they smash faces in!"

I'm very excited to play as Villager!

grizby2

Smash Lord
I AM MAD!
but when the blue bomber appeared all my mad went away~
well congrats to the believers, you got your wish!
at least they chose to go with the default villager, that's the only one id accept anyway.
now you just have to cross your fingers for top tier~:metaknight:

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I think this will make ridley fans a little more happy since they can tell people that sakurai changed his mind about animal crossing... and other characters I'm sure he deconfirmed for a reason.

But mostly just posted for this.

Link is loki, and the villager is obviously the hulk. He's ready to take a **** on your dreams and smash you.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I didn't see any pictures or anything in the video that had Tom Nook as a background character on smashville like he is in Brawl so I think the possibility is still there

D

Deleted member

Or it could have been that Mario had high damage when he was hit.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think his moveset is going to look something like this:

dsmash-shovel
dash attack-potted plant
up-b-balloons
down-b-pockets things
side-b-put up tree/chop down
neutral-b slingshot
ftilt-boxing glove
up smash?-fireworks?
bowling ball?

dsmash is the shovel move we I saw think, I don't think it's a tilt because it looks like he came out of a charging animation for the first one
dash attack is the potted plant, I think that might be safe to say
up-b I believe are the balloons, could be wrong though
the next things are kind of weird because I saw 5 things that look like special moves (bowling ball, slingshot, tree move, pocket, balloons), but we only have 4 special inputs (neutral, up, down, and side). It could be like a character specific thing where like one move does something different depending if the char is grounded or in the air.
I think ftilt is the boxing glove, but for all we know it could be his fsmash or jab or something
I think up-smash is a firework type move. There's a screenshot where there's something that hit the other characters with villager standing next to it, but it could be an item or a stage hazard. I'm not sure if the thing shooting is from AC or not, but I think it'd make sense that it could be fireworks
His net wasn't shown in game, but he caught mario with it so it could be a grab maybe

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
It'll be pretty interesting if his Down+B grabs a projectile and puts it in his pocket for use the next time he uses Down+B... I wonder if it'd work to pocket items he grabs as well?

It'd work out for some really interesting tactics... Grab a pokeball, pocket it, use it out of the blue suddenly.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This was one unexpected but really awesome! reveal. An AC rep was one of those things I've wanted for a LOOOOOOONG time. YES!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, this reveal actually caught me off guard. Not that's entirely bad, in fact I'm kind of glad this character was revealed. I did secretly want an Animal Crossing character for a long time.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Weird to see that Villager does not have a 3DS Pic at the Dojo site... While the new AC game is 3DS only...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Awesome. Again, not even close to my top choice of wanted characters, but I think the Down+B item stow/use sounds pretty fun. Overall, I'm sure I'll enjoy playing this character, even though I'm not an AC fan.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Villager looks broken lol. Dsmash to put em in the ground like DK cept it looks a lot faster. Then the bowling ball looks like its got hella knockback but we havent seen a lot yet so that may be flow of the game, with everything having a high knockback.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Holy crap. You discovered something. Those are all "Mii game" references. Wii Sports: Box gloves, bowling ball NintendoLand: Balloon Recovery.

Maybe this doesn't deconfirm Balloon Fighter and Little Mac! Maybe it deconfirms Miis?
I don't think it deconfirms little Mac, because boxing gloves are boxing gloves. But balloon fighters balloons a too iconic. He's toast. I also sure hope it deconfirms Miis...

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Well I can say I was strongly against the inclusion of an Animal Crossing character but seeing the new trailer I am quite glad we're getting one. I'm sure it's been discussed but it would be pretty cool to upload your character from New Leaf and play it on the Wii U. I guess the Wii U Villager will just be a default male (And possibly female) until you upload your character.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Singlshot looks like Back Air

When he plucks the grass I'm saying that's his down tilt. The Umbrella is probably his forward tilt. Dunno about his item grab move, that looks more like a forward B. The Planting the tree thing looks more like a neutral b to me.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Villager looks like he'll be an awesome character.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I squeed really loudly during lunch at school when I checked for Smash Brothers news and saw this guy. It's a shame people thought I was crazy for liking Villager, but I seem to be the only at my school with an IQ high enough to see how well he fits in the game. :'D

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, he fits in the game quite well... I always thought it was really weird that Sakurai would say that he can't imagine the Villager fighting. I mean... look at Game & Watch who dishes out wholesale slaughter on a bacon pan.

The only reason this thread was so short and the Villager was such a surprise is because Sakurai is a big dumb meanie liar.
(and by that, I mean he's only human and in no way should be held accountable for offhand comments that we insanely take as gospel)

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Huh, didn't like Villager before and still don't, but he looks way funner to play than I thought he would be. Congrats to supporters!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Villager did not really mesh up with the super detailed look of Brawl. But he fits in this brightly colored game (best art direction for a Smash game, I say).

His specials and attacks are very creative. I also like how he represents Balloon Fighter (and *ahem* possibly Mac) with his Up B.

I wonder if his character will also allow people to import their Mii face onto the Crosser's body. This would not effect attributes and just be a nice little touch.

Well done. Although a little suprising for a trailer reveal.

HostileKangaroo

Smash Rookie
I think aesthetically he fits very well with the likes of Ness and Lucas.

Speaking of the Villager's look - what do you all think of the decision to use the classic short villager as opposed to the taller and leaner New Leaf model while featuring them as if they come from New Leaf?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think aesthetically he fits very well with the likes of Ness and Lucas.

Speaking of the Villager's look - what do you all think of the decision to use the classic short villager as opposed to the taller and leaner New Leaf model while featuring them as if they come from New Leaf?
I noticed that while watching the trailer. I didn't think much of it.
Villager is villager is villager.
Would have been entertaining if they put in horned-hat Gamecube villager.

D

Deleted member

I was really shocked to see the Villager become playable, but honestly, Animal Crossing deserved a playable rep and more than earned its inclusion. Sakurai also managed to make him a very exciting character, so I look forward to seeing what happens here.

Top Bottom