• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official AC Villager Discussion Thread! He smiles as he smashes faces in! [Update: CONFIRMED!]

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
He seems extremely overpowered!! I am considering choosing him as my fist option. But I trust Sakurai. His balancing work in previous smash games talks by itself.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am exceedingly excited about the Villager. I wanted him ever since we got Smashville confirmed on the Brawl Dojo, but Sakurai's statements on the Animal Crossing characters being "too peaceful" to fight crushed my hopes. Seeing this happen in the trailer was a huge hype generator, and his moveset is just how I hoped it would look.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
My goodness. I already love Animal Crossing and hoping to get the special edition Animal Crossing 3DS. This just makes me want to get it that much faster. This makes me ecstatic and giddy inside.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I gotta admit, all this psycho villager fanart makes me even more excited to destroy people with him.

Irony considering I didn't want Pac-man in because of his perpetual smile.

I just like Animal Crossing a lot more I guess when it comes to psychopath main characters.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
The character looks amazing honestly, the only thing that I would see him having being OP is his bury attack, but that reminds me of ZSS stun thing, and it looks like it has massive lag if you miss. He looks like a setup type character, high knockback large hitbox moves with some range but risky to use or slow to start.

The one reason I will play him is because he will be one of the best charcaters in FFA due to his item snatch. I will hold a bomb/pokeball/Heart/Gun until I am last, then whip it out for a cheap ko. Also putting anything I can find in my pants makes the character seem lulzy already.

The fanart is another story...Looks like people are already pairing Villager and Wii Fit Lady together as mass murderer/psychopaths.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well I knew Wii Fit Trainer shipping would happen...

BUT WITH VILLAGER!?!?1111?!1?!

And I'm loving all these crazy psycho memes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To show my support for Villager in SSB4, I went out to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf this morning.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'll be downloading it for free once it launches in Europe thanks to that "So many games" promotion of Nintendo. It will also be my first Animal Crossing game. Can't wait. :grin:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
if ness doesnt make it back into this iteration this guy is probably gonna be all i play

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To show my support for Villager in SSB4, I went out to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf this morning.
Same here, I ordered it on Amazon last night. I just can't bring myself to buy digital either. The collector's value, man!

And these Psycho Villager memes are the best ever.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'll be downloading it for free once it launches in Europe thanks to that "So many games" promotion of Nintendo. It will also be my first Animal Crossing game. Can't wait. :grin:
It's my second Animal Crossing game since the original Gamecube game. I didn't bother with Wild World and City Folk. I was even going to skip on New Leaf too... But then Villager in SSB4 won me over and I'll be returning to the world of Animal Crossing.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
found this hilarious:

Can you enhance that?
Sorry! I couldn't resist:p
Thought, the fact he's almost totally like how how appeared in Brawl (eccept just the elvish hair) let think there are more clues in the previous game of how SSB4 will be.

Top Bottom