• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official AC Villager Discussion Thread! He smiles as he smashes faces in! [Update: CONFIRMED!]

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Psycho villager pictures have catapulted me from being indifferent to Villager's inclusion to being squeal inductingly happy that he's in the game. And honestly his movelist seems really creative. Gonna have fun with this one.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
For anybody playing or buying New Leaf: if you want to play as Smash Bros. Villager, answer the "first answer" to every question asked after you confirm your gender to Rover :) Then find a "Number 1" shirt and blue shoes and you're set!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Anyway to actually discuss the character, I have to presume his palette swaps will involves different shirts form the Animal Crossing games. For reference, Villager is wearing a No. 1 Shirt. I want to say the others with be based on the other shirts from the number series. Maybe even give Villager different facial expressions based on the costume.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
For anybody playing or buying New Leaf: if you want to play as Smash Bros. Villager, answer the "first answer" to every question asked after you confirm your gender to Rover :) Then find a "Number 1" shirt and blue shoes and you're set!
LOL I actually did that today and by accident.

Villager in SSB4 actually made me go out to buy Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I was going to skip over this game just like how I skipped over Wild World and City Folk... but now for the first time since the GCN original game, I am back in the world of Animal Crossing.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I can definitely see the Flame Shirt being one of his alternate outfits, considering how it seems to be one of the more popular starting shirts.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey Onyx, I made some quick possible color swaps for the Villager.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think the flame shirt should be there.

Unless I'm the only one who thought that shirt was really common to see in AC.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, I thought about that one. But it was after I made the magic right ball swap. I'll work on another batch sometime down the road.

Vale

Smash Ace
My totally unrealistic hope is that you can design a piece of cloth like in the games and have that pattern be the shirt.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My totally unrealistic hope is that you can design a piece of cloth like in the games and have that pattern be the shirt.
It's not unrealistic. They could easily put something like that in the game if they wanted to.

Vale

Smash Ace
It's not unrealistic. They could easily put something like that in the game if they wanted to.
Where would you design it? And they probably wouldn't do something this specific for one character. Miis are different because they are designed outside of the game.
Maybe something else, like being able to import your character from New Leaf on the 3DS version would cool.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Where would you design it? And they probably wouldn't do something this specific for one character. Miis are different because they are designed outside of the game.
Maybe something else, like being able to import your character from New Leaf on the 3DS version would cool.
All I was saying was that it is very very possible, not that it would happen. It's realistic, just not probable.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
JW do you guys feel that Villager is going to be broken?

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Before E3 I was really hoping that Villager wouldn't be included in Smash 4, but after seeing some of his moves, I'm really excited to try him out! I think HAL did an excellent job adapting him to fit in with the smash gameplay.

Also, he looks like he'll be a unique character with that aerial projectile (slingshot), planting the tree to cut it down (if you do those separately, it would make for some neat stage control) and grabbing items/projectiles. I wonder how that bowling ball drop is going to work, though. If you can do it in the air, it might be way too good (Shovel > Bowling ball, for example)!

If Diddy Kong isn't returning, I may have found a new main already!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
HAL doesn't work on Smash Bros. anymore. Sakurai left years ago and started Sora, which was who worked on Brawl and is now working on SSB4.

And Diddy will probably return. I don't see why he'd be cut.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
HAL doesn't work on Smash Bros. anymore. Sakurai left years ago and started Sora, which was who worked on Brawl and is now working on SSB4.

And Diddy will probably return. I don't see why he'd be cut.

I had totally forgotten that he started Sora! Thanks for correcting me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Doesn't it seem awkward that ever since the Animal Crossing Villager got confirmed that a lot of people are depicting him as a psychopathic killer? I know that he wields an axe, but don't you ever stop to think that he's only a threat to trees?

Vale

Smash Ace
Doesn't it seem awkward that ever since the Animal Crossing Villager got confirmed that a lot of people are depicting him as a psychopathic killer? I know that he wields an axe, but don't you ever stop to think that he's only a threat to trees?

It's the eyes and smile. He stares into your soul. And then eats it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Well, I definitely don't think axes are only a threat to trees. However, I do think that his axe in Smash will be exclusively to target trees. I'm predicting that the axe swing itself won't even have a hitbox. It definitely seems like the kind of weapon that'd normally fall under "don't let the kids see us using knives and guns" just because hatchets are easily accessed in the average home.

That being said... I think the psychopath image is not because of the axe but because of the never-ending smile and the dead eyes that dream only of slaughter.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
ok, this character has grown on me a little. He's more hilarious now.

I just don't like how they left out his iconic devil horns hat. Looks even more generic without it. (gotta respect the original cube version too)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I remember an old story I read a long time ago, something of an Animal Crossing Creepy-pasta. I think it very well explains how the Villager got to be seen as such a psychotic killer, years before the idea of him being one ever arose. Maybe not the Villager in Smash Bros., but how a Villager could become so deranged. It's a good read. I'd recommend taking the time for it.

After a long time, I go back in the SSB4 forums and look at the character I look forward to the most, Villager. These pictures you guys post are quite welcoming.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
All of this Villager-related stuff has been making me laugh so hard, but after seeing all of it, and then seeing this...this had me laughing the most.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Here's one for all you Villager fans out there:

The fact is that Villager is the first Super Smash character EVER in Japan that has a full japanese name, むらびと (murabito, person who lives in a village). This means that his name is written in hiragana, instead of katakana, which almost all other Smash characters in history has had their names written in (except for Young Link, who is named こどもリンク, kodomo rinku, where "kodomo" is the japanese word for child).

So if any of you had checked out the japanese SSB4 site and noticed that Villagers name looked different from all the others, then you know why.

Villagers psycho appearance have made me a big fan as well! Really feels like he's been in Smash forever and nobody's even been able to use him yet.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's one for all you Villager fans out there:

The fact is that Villager is the first Super Smash character EVER in Japan that has a full japanese name, むらびと (murabito, person who lives in a village). This means that his name is written in hiragana, instead of katakana, which almost all other Smash characters in history has had their names written in (except for Young Link, who is named こどもリンク, kodomo rinku, where "kodomo" is the japanese word for child).

So if any of you had checked out the japanese SSB4 site and noticed that Villagers name looked different from all the others, then you know why.
I knew that already. :p

Top Bottom