• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
We have an Arizona thread, broski.

Elvis: If we're able to get set up(s) with the PMBR edition of P:M up and running, would you consider allowing me/other people who are interested to step up and run it as a side-event?

also, Cheyne (Kosuke) asked me to ask you if you'd also be okay with the possibility of running a KoF side event. I'm sure he'd be okay with being the one running it. Being side events, I'd suggest having them be paid for at the event for an amount based on what the organizers deem fair. Is this cool?

Saffy

Smash Ace
~.~ I just realized you have pools and brackets each day. I think I can only go one day tbh because of living 2 hours away.

NickNyte , Is there ANYWAY I could do my doubles pools matches on the same day as the brackets? :C Or I guess I will go just Saturday and forfeit if I do make it into brackets ;=;. Hate to do that to my partner though. I'd prefer to just go on Sunday, especially if you are doing a low tier tournament.

Saffy

Smash Ace
I would like to go both days but I probably will end up having to choose one day. I guess I could just friendly :[. Will there be friendlies going on during bracket then?
My parents probably won't allow me to stay with a bunch of men lol (They are my ride to this). Plus I have some anxiety issues so I don't know how I would do overnight honestly.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i would very strongly recommend going on sunday

sunday is the day when ALL of the important matches (or 99% if theres some stupid pools) will be happening, and watching big matches is like, half the fun of going to big tournaments by itself.

im quite sure there will be friendlies on sunday. there just HAVE TO BE. that's just how smash tourneys generally go, and i don't think nicknyte's the type of guy who would short-change us in terms of friendlies unless he absolutely HAS TO in order for the tournament to finish before the deadline.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
NYTE is a part of the IMPULSE Circuit. This means that the 2 people from the Southwest (this includes Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas) that place the highest in Melee singles at this tournament will be awarded venue fee, singles, and doubles to help them show up to IMPULSE.

It says in melee singles. will this be for brawl singles as well?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
~.~ I just realized you have pools and brackets each day. I think I can only go one day tbh because of living 2 hours away.

NickNyte , Is there ANYWAY I could do my doubles pools matches on the same day as the brackets? :C Or I guess I will go just Saturday and forfeit if I do make it into brackets ;=;. Hate to do that to my partner though. I'd prefer to just go on Sunday, especially if you are doing a low tier tournament.
why would you not go on the hype day
i would very strongly recommend going on sunday

sunday is the day when ALL of the important matches (or 99% if theres some stupid pools) will be happening, and watching big matches is like, half the fun of going to big tournaments by itself.

im quite sure there will be friendlies on sunday. there just HAVE TO BE. that's just how smash tourneys generally go, and i don't think nicknyte's the type of guy who would short-change us in terms of friendlies unless he absolutely HAS TO in order for the tournament to finish before the deadline.
Basically what Tai said. If you cannot attend both days, then I suggest you come on Sunday, but the pools have to be taken care of on Saturday. There should be enough spare TVs come Sunday due to eliminations.

NYTE is a part of the IMPULSE Circuit. This means that the 2 people from the Southwest (this includes Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, and Texas) that place the highest in Melee singles at this tournament will be awarded venue fee, singles, and doubles to help them show up to IMPULSE.

It says in melee singles. will this be for brawl singles as well?
Not a typo. Because Impluse is MK banned, and this one is legal, this cause a confliction. Thus, not unless this tournament is going to ban MK (in which it will not), the Brawl portion cannot be IMPULSE'd.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Dr. PP is showing alot of interest for this, but money is very tight for him. Would anyone be willing to help donate to fly him out to this?

Saffy

Smash Ace
Alright then well I will know for sure 2nd-3rd week of March. If I can't go both days I will go Sunday only. Just to make sure there ARE friendlies, can I bring my OWN set up cause I would hate to get there and not be able to play at all. :[

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Alright then well I will know for sure 2nd-3rd week of March. If I can't go both days I will go Sunday only. Just to make sure there ARE friendlies, can I bring my OWN set up cause I would hate to get there and not be able to play at all. :[
Yes, there are friendlies.

ESPECIALLY on Sunday.

On Saturday, EVERYONE has pools matches to play, meaning there are more PEOPLE that need to use setups for tournament, and there's more matches that need to be played just because of how pools work. On Sunday, however, there's a lot less people playing tourney games (since a bunch will have been eliminated), meaning many more friendly TVs will be open.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yo Dr. PP is showing alot of interest for this, but money is very tight for him. Would anyone be willing to help donate to fly him out to this?
I WILL DONATE MONEY TO PP FOSHO! NAO!

Where?!?!?!

:phone:
If enough people would be willing then I will get something set up :D
You mean this link? https://www.wepay.com/xibb9m

Likewise, I can ask for info about his paypal account, but I don't know what his full name is :D Sorry Kevin. Haha.

There we go. I sent him the info. Waiting on a response.

$25 dollars has been donated so far.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
my ticket's done! 360 dollars.

guys, at Apex I was stupid and gave away my good brawl controller to nietono, and my best melee one got lost on day 2 at some point.

can I try all your guys' controllers? either to borrow or buy? i rly need something for the upcoming nationals (and this tourney), thanks! ;_; it'd mean a lot 2 me

it's RLY important to me

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i'd like to go to this for smash 64. it's 330 to fly there currently, but bing says fares will be dropping (hopefully).

quick qs:

anyone besides eikelmann going for 64? (thanks for advertising this tourney in 64 discussion eikel btw) is smash 64 likely to run that late? also will there be any 64 friendlies on sunday?

thanks

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Heyyyy

April 6 is my birthday and um I'm thinking of coming to this. Would anyone cool wanna team? >.> I play Fox and generally get 1st or 2nd in locals in teams. :D

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
my ticket's done! 360 dollars.

guys, at Apex I was stupid and gave away my good brawl controller to nietono, and my best melee one got lost on day 2 at some point.

can I try all your guys' controllers? either to borrow or buy? i rly need something for the upcoming nationals (and this tourney), thanks! ;_; it'd mean a lot 2 me

it's RLY important to me
i feel like a 10 year old girl around justin bieber right now

Top Bottom