• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

Bing

Smash Master
Nick its very kind of you to offer help but Now that I have to pay rent and all I dont think its in the cards.

I did the math, flights are 450$
Food costs would be around 150$ for the 4 days Im gone.
I could get to and from the airport for about 80$

So yeah...

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Bing I use $150 for SN entire months worth of food, amd only because I'm buying for four people. You're ****ing crazy. Hit me up on aim or something, and I'll help you out.

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I can only spend that much if grocery shopping, and spending extra on high quality ingredients at whole foods markets

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
You could eat higher-grade fast food (e.g. Chipotle, Subway, etc.) for four days and not spend close to $150 lol

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
idk i could use 150$ of food in 4 days but thats not the point also if anyone needs a place to stay i can probably house 2 people for the weekend.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
For brawl: Socal, new mexico, Oregon, M2K confirmed coming. $100 Arizona vs. Oregon crew battle 5v5 is happening at nyte. NYTE=HYPE

Bing

Smash Master
haha thanks guys.

And I said 150$ for food for a couple reasons, 1 airport food is expensive, plus I'd want to make sure I'd have enough.. though I"d probably need like 90$...

nick whats your aim?

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
idk im thinking about 80 is a good number to plan for gives you a bit extra in case you go out alot and who knows what our options are near the hotel that we are playing at.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Buy only $1 Beefy Crunch Burritos from Taco Bell and $1 (Double) Cheeseburgers from wherever. If you eat 3 for breakfast, 3 for lunch, and 3 for dinner, plus 1 during the middle of the night when you wake up to go to the bathroom, that's $10 a day plus like 90 cents in tax. So, 4 days later, you'll still have $9 leftover and a stomach ache since it's hard to eat 10 burritos a day.

(And mooch rides off of people to go to Taco Bell)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
^ Dangerous Eating.

I don't use AIM too much, but I'll turn it on for the remainder of the month....(left my phone at home today though). It's NicknyteH(SPAMBLOCKER)edgehog

Before you ask, there is a Nicknyte Hedgehog.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
you can also fast to save money. I can also likely treat you to some food as well.

Actually, people with food money issues should probably ask me or Elvis for help.

zimantha

Smash Rookie
OR! Bring 12 packs of Ramen to live off of. You can get a nice 12 pack at Fry's Food for about $3.00 or $4.00. I guess you could mooch off a ride to Fry's if need be. Just make sure to use the seasoning or you might pass out from lack of calories...

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
OR! Bring 12 packs of Ramen to live off of. You can get a nice 12 pack at Fry's Food for about $3.00 or $4.00. I guess you could mooch off a ride to Fry's if need be. Just make sure to use the seasoning sparingly or you might pass out from the sodium induced shock....

Actually, the calories are in the noodles (bread). Fixed your comment to reflect that. Trololol.

zimantha

Smash Rookie
Actually, the calories are in the noodles (bread). Fixed your comment to reflect that. Trololol.
There are still calories in the seasoning and there is the salt, which could help one from becoming dehydrated. So for nutritional sake, with a ramen only diet, I believe it is healthier to eat it with the seasoning or at least have some of it. Although a ramen only diet is not recommended.

Bing

Smash Master
haha thanks guys, the reason my food estimate is so high is because a) American food is A **** LOAD cheaper than Canadian food, aka we dont have Value menus and stuff.
b) I'd rather eat decently, poor nutrition can ruin gameplay... and I suck as is.

Also Nick, I NEVER use aim, maybe facebook is better?

Brad Bing Durish is the name, dont care who adds/messages XD

Im trying to do my taxes because thats a couple hundred dollars just waiting, but stupid companies I work for arent sending me what I need and I HAVE to wait for those papers.

tekkie

Smash Master
i dont wanna see tucson, i wanna play smash. in tucson. not phoenix. where i won't be.

edit: dead @ the nicknyte hedgehog original content do not steal

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Zim, most of the sodium is actually in the dehydrated noodles. Also a package is several servings, meaning a single package is actually like 500 calories.

Bing, go to a grocery store with someone and buy lots of nuts, cheese, vacuum sealed meats like salami, bacon, etc. If you spend the night at someone's house, buy eggs and hardboil them. That's several days of nutritional food for about $20-$30.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ideally you want to buy foods that are both high in nutrition, bit also nonperisbable, or made in such a way that of can survive a few days without refrigeration. Nuts are the king of this. Real cheeses don't perish, and the mold is edible. Meats that are salt cured, dehydrated, or vacuum sealed will last days without refrigeration. Hardboiled eggs will last about 3-4 days outside of a refrigerator assuming you're in a room temperature environment.

Save about $10-$20 specifically for one nice meal out with the smashers. Take that money you originally allocated to food and use it for sight seeing, etc. Or just don't spend of at all. I went to g2 and gsg2 with about $30, and only spent that much because I splurged on a nice dinner on the last day.

zimantha

Smash Rookie
I live off of ramen...all my monies goes to gas to go down to Phoenix to see Derek and Tucson for Tournaments. 2 or 3 packs of ramen a day seems to keep me alive! ^.^'

also this is the nutrition facts for one package w/ seasoning:
Calories: 380
Cal from fat: 140
Fat: 14g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 1660mg (<ok that might be a bit too much sodium a day 70% of daily value)
Carbs: 52g
Sugar: 2g
Protien 8g
Lots of iron though! 20%! >.<

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I am well aware that NYTE occurs on Easter, and I will encourage those of the Christian faith to go to church before the tournament starts up again at 12. A person's conviction to God should be greater than any tournament, and I will refuse myself to make another person feel guilt for something they think is just. If you cannot go on Sunday, I will understand. If it makes you feel any better I will hold a short prayer before the tournament begins on behalf of the day.

I would appreciate those who like to make fun or take away the importance of this day to withhold their comments. There is no room for such apathy and intolerance.

I would like to remind that Sundays in the Christian religion is a day of feast and celebration, especially on Easter (I was raised Catholic and not many people know that Sundays are not included in Lent). If anything, keep this in mind if you do decide to go or not. I wish you a happy Easter. ^_^
Posting for truth. This will be noted on the tournament front page.

Top Bottom