• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Gords

Smash Champion
reminder about my meet this weekend, arrive anytime sat.

escro what time do you think you will get here, are you still confused?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Took some time to get a few things sorted out but it seems like I'm slowly getting back on my feet and adjusting to life here :).

Does discussion mostly happen in this thread or is there a Facebook group that I'm not yet aware of?

Gords

Smash Champion
Never liked facebook, never will.

anything I organise will be posted here, (and maybe twitter if people start following me).
I also generally send out a text message out to people as well who I know dont usually check smashboards.

Jarop

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1003-4030
Hi all,
A short time ago I posted about the Sydney FGC's meet YSB and the next meet has been announced for the 21st of September. Here is a copy pasta of the details from previous months:

Details
- Date: Saturday 21st September, 2013
- Time: 12pm - 10pm
- Entry Fee: $15
(Full details here: http://forum.ozhadou.net/index.php?topic=8054)

Now obviously being the first event with Smash, no tournaments have been organised for the games yet. I will be in talks with Ted about what tournaments should be run for Smash games, so stay tuned for announcements on that i guess

I hope to see you all there and look forward to seeing you all there and getting some Melee games in!

(i can give this another thread if you like but all the Sydney guys seem most active in here)

edited with this month's info

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Hi all,
A short time ago I posted about the Sydney FGC's meet YSB and the next meet has been announced for the 21st of September. Here is a copy pasta of the details from previous months:

Details
Date: Saturday 29th June 2013
Time: 12pm - 10pm
Entry Fee: $15
(past month with parking / how to get there details here, i will edit when official thread for this month goes live: http://forum.ozhadou.net/index.php?topic=8009.0)

Now obviously being the first event with Smash, no tournaments have been organised for the games. I will be in talks with Ted about what he thinks is the best way, so if you have any suggestions I would probably nut it out with him or shoot me a PM.

I hope to see you all there and look forward to seeing you all there and getting some Melee games in!

(i can give this another thread if you like but all the Sydney guys seem most active in here)

What does YSB stand for?

And what games are you planning on hosting?

Also, there will be no tournaments this month? So there will only be casuals?

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok so since the borders have opened and to help escro out (since I think he is still a bit confused) can everyone have ready their Papers Please!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i've moved into a new place with kulla and pat just off south dowling st. we play melee all the time. hit us up!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh cool. Now if only I had good internet to watch it with XD. I'm certainly keener to give it a go though. When do you need to have me confirmed by? Because at this point it would be preferable for me to put off even trying it until the holidays. Also, stupid question, would it make any difference if I played the gameboy advance version, or would I have to get the same emulator and stuff that this guy has?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
gba actually has some rearranged crap and i think different mechanics, probably better to just play on an emulator. if you could confirm before like, november, then that'd be good; no real rush aside from needing that home stretch planning buffer.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'll be coming up to sydney Sep 13th and staying for a week.

Host a meet and such? =3

<3333333

Havent seen anyone in a while ;o

Also Tin Man is in australia. Kewl.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lots of working actually, I took quite a long break from smash. Been going to a few tournaments recently though =) (Mega rust fail though.. Lol)

You liking australia so far? Here for study or settling for good? ;o

Gords

Smash Champion
Leisha, i was thinking of hosting a meet on the 28/29th sept, when exactly do you leave, i might move it forward one weekned to the 20/21st sept if your still around.

either way you and ricky should drop by any day to play some bingo battle.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Leisha, you got Facebook? PM me :).

Gords. Your phone number is the best way to contact you yeah? Would you be able to send it to me somehow? I figure you wouldn't want it on the boards and you don't use Facebook, and I can't PM you via Smashboards :/

Gords

Smash Champion
@ Tin.
Really your not able to PM me? I'll try to PM you.

@ Leisha.
From the sounds of it you don't have Pikmin 3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well with any luck Leish you might be able to make it to this tournament Jarop posted - i'll see if I can go so I think it'd be great if you could make it *hasn't seen Leish in agesssss*!

=D

Gords

Smash Champion
Luco, the tourney that jarop posted will be melee only. Maybe feature PM but still unlikely to be a fully flushed out tourney.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Will this York Street Battles thing be a monthly type event?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
So stupid crashboards was down for ages... Anyway holiday got changed. I'll be coming up to sydney on the 12th of october and staying for a week and a bit.

Possible to host anything at all? or even some hangouts? =)

Jarop

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1003-4030
Just to answer a few questions regarding YSB:
- Ted is hosting / has the rules and times for this weekend. It will feature both melee and brawl. I don't know what the plan is entirely, but to my knowledge we're pushing for both singles + doubles in both games. This is subject to change given if things don't run to plan, but both games will be represented in some capacity
- YSB is generally monthly. There are other Sydney events that are hosted fairly regularly that we hope to incorporate Smash into (such as semi-regular casuals at GGs Town Hall) and this Saturday will act as the testing platform for that. Ultimately the goal is to have both scenes working together. More people hungry for events = more events and that's really the end goal here
- As far as set-ups for Saturday go, again you'll have to talk to Ted (hopefully he'll chime in here) as it's been pretty hard to communicate with you guys with the forum down. I know for Melee, some of the guys i play with are coming as well as (potentially) some smashers from Wollongong Uni. I can't speak for Brawl, but it would be great to see you guys out there too.

If you have any questions i'll do my best to answer. It's a bit rough given the circumstances on SmashBoards, but it would be great to see as many of you there Saturday as can make it out!

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I'll be coming in very late, so I won't enter anything. I'm more than happy to play friendlies.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Luco, the tourney that jarop posted will be melee only. Maybe feature PM but still unlikely to be a fully flushed out tourney.
99% SURE THIS IS WRONG AND THAT BOTH MELEE AND BRAWL ARE PLANNED

caps for attention

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
****ING GO TO THE TOURNEY ON SATURDAY JESUS ****

FROM FACEBOOK GROUP said:
For those that are unaware, there's a tournament planned for the 21st of September! It's going to be the first shared tournament with the Sydney fighting game community. Important details are as follows:

- Date: Saturday 21st September, 2013
- Time: 12pm - 10pm
- Entry Fee: $15

Further details can be found at http://forum.ozhadou.net/index.php?topic=8054.0
Direct further questions to Ted Elliott or myself.

Top Bottom