• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Gords

Smash Champion
Luco, the tourney that jarop posted will be melee only. Maybe feature PM but still unlikely to be a fully flushed out tourney.
i posted this before smashboards went down and all info had not been circulated.

99% SURE THIS IS WRONG AND THAT BOTH MELEE AND BRAWL ARE PLANNED
THIS IS CORRECT BOTH MELEE AND BRAWL WILL BE AT THE TOURNEY

So stupid crashboards was down for ages...
I wouldnt really call it stupid crashboards, actually the incident has been coined the Great Smash DDOS of 2013.
if you dont know what im talking about go here
http://smashboards.com/threads/recent-downtime-ddos-attack.340339/ and
http://smashboards.com/threads/smashboards-is-back.340354/

Anyway holiday got changed. I'll be coming up to sydney on the 12th of october and staying for a week and a bit.

Possible to host anything at all? or even some hangouts? =)
i was planning to hold a big meet around then i will see if i can line it up for when your in Sydney leish.
wait what, isnt oct 12 right in the middle of shadowloo showdown?

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
But Luco, that's a few weeks away. How will you get a job in time to save money for it?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
But Luco, that's a few weeks away. How will you get a job in time to save money for it?
Asked for work over the holidays and truth be told, I only need a few hundred to get me there and back. As long as I work a few days in a row I should be able to do it, the worry is whether I get the job or not. :-/

JPW

Smash Ace
will the tv brand matter? I have a 22 inch Soniq TV. Also do you know if there will be enough room to set them up. I'll only bring if highly requested.

If i don't get an answer by 10:30pm i'll leave it here.

Jarop

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1003-4030
will the tv brand matter? I have a 22 inch Soniq TV. Also do you know if there will be enough room to set them up. I'll only bring if highly requested.

If i don't get an answer by 10:30pm i'll leave it here.
There will be a dedicated smash section at the venue. The more setups the better, we've held 200 person+ nationals in this room so I doubt we'll run out of space.

I'll be there from 11:30 onwards today. Looking forward to meeting and playing some games with you guys today!

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I look forward to the next event. I'll be sure to plan ahead so I can enter Melee. =)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Made a Sydney/ACT smash skype group today. If you want in, PM me your skype name. I'm going to try to keep it strictly Sydney/ACT

Gords

Smash Champion
I never gave up hope,
sorry olimar but toon link is here to stay

complete with forward tilt

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I'd like to see another preview of another new character.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Pretty happy that TL got revealed - he was one quite a few were worried about from Brawl so it's nice to see him revealed. ^_^

I guess it isn't as surprising due to Wind Waker HD that's out currently.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hello and welcome! The smash community here fluctuates a little but currently it's looking up with the FGC in the area having been really inclusive and all (it's so awesome :D), so smash tournaments should be happening every so often. ^^

They're often held in venues around Sydney, for instance the first tournament I ever went to was held in Mascot. I've also been down to Wollongong for tournaments though haha. :p

Finally, feel free to post here as you like and meet peeps. As it happens i'll be finishing my HSC next year so you'll be out quicker than I will! :p

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Welcome!

Any announcements of any tournaments/meets will be posted here for anyone to see, so please keep an eye out. Hope to play some games with you very soon.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyone from Sydney going to the Canberra tourney on Saturday that I can hitch a ride with?

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Welp, after like half an unexplained year, I've decided I wanna get back into smash for real! I took a massive break from the game for quite some time, and only recently got back into playing PM. So yeah I'm bad with re-intros haha but I'm really excited to stick around and have a lot of fun meeting/playing people this time round :)

Gords

Smash Champion
Problem is I'm working, I didn't even know there was a tourney this Saturday. It's unlikely I will be able to get Saturday off in time but if I get it off last minute would you still be interested in going lux.
Also where exactly is info on this event?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Yes I'm Canadian. I moved to Australia for 18 months.

Why you may ask?

http://www.impulse-2013.com/articles/2013-05-03

TL;DR? I came here for school.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info on this event is on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1374707129431475/?fref=ts

I asked ZXV if he'd be interested in carpooling however he said that due to the LoL Worlds livestream, he wouldn't be willing to since it's essentially the Evo for LoL and he wants to watch the stream. Invisi is also in the same boat.

I was slightly aware that Gords drives, however I remember talking to him during the Evo weekend about his work schedule. He told me something along the lines of: "My days off shift over every week, and the next time I will get a weekend off is in December".

Given that I had assumed that it would be unlikely to get Sydney players to come, hence why many of you probably haven't heard of the tournament lol.

Gords

Smash Champion
you should always post events on smashboards here anyway, if i i know of things and am interested i would attempt to find swaps

Gords

Smash Champion
ok i got the tonight tomoz off, let me know if anyone wants to hitch a ride to canberra tourney

Richard7

Smash Ace
Anyone in Sydney bored and wanna chill with 2 smashers? My brothers Corpsecreate and Pwnsweet are over there and have literally nothing to do. They have a car and can come to you. They don't care if they play smash or just chill.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind going over to their place for some smash if they're up for it. Where are they staying at the moment?

Top Bottom