• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
there will be no LoL in this house
Post of the year. (technically its not a house)

shaya your arguments for RC legal are bad and you should feel bad, they make me want to post things that will get me banned.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Wouldn't double post except this sends out an alert and I'd prefer you guys see this over you not so you can plan ahead and blah blah you know what else. :)

Anyway, something came up. It's suddenly incredibly unlikely i'll be there tomorrow. I'll try my best but it's not looking good. I'm so sorry guys. X(

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Just letting people know I'll probably make an appearance at some point tonight after 9:30 and I'll be there for all of the melee and P:M tomorrow.

Does someone good want to team with me?

Also if this is going to be a regular thing then the front page probably needs a big update.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm coming along with Unreon at about midnight tonight. Accepting money matches for fun!

derpmeister

Smash Rookie
Thanks Gordan for organizing the whole thing and everyone else for supplying stuff like TVs and consoles. It's been great fun

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ah guys, looks like I can make Sunday. I know there won't be any more brawl events but if peeps are willing to do friendlies, i'll bring a setup and i'll be happy to play anyone if that's alright with you guys! :D

Looking forward to meeting peeps I haven't before. ^_^

Cya all tomorrow!! =D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm sure there'll still be brawl being played. A good half or more of the people staying there are leaning towards it.

Doubles tournament:
1. Tin + Shay (Olimar + Marth/Toon Link)
2. zxv + scoot (Marth + Falco)
3. Invisi + lux (Pit + Snake)

Singles:
1. tin (Oli)
2. shaya (marf)
3. scoot (falco)
4. zxv (marth)

shout outs to the best loser's semi final ever. The final match of the set was literally 11 minutes.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
MANGO AND ARMADA BOTH IN LOSERS

I THINK ONE OF THEM IS 7TH

I DON'T KNOW I'M TOO EXCITE FOR THOUGHT

caps

EDIT: wrong

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
shout outs to invisi for being best teammate ever

fun event!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks for the games, I got some decent game-time in. Luckily I could keep up with Tedxv despite not having played since Apex.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thanks guys for a super duper awesome meet thingy. Loved playing you all, i'm really excited that i'm getting better and i'll keep trying. In the meantime, do you guys think it would be productive to have a PR, if we could get the interest? I've been talking to peeps, asking around and garnering interest - if there was some way to pull this off i'd be eternally grateful (would be happy to help as well), I just reckon it gives peeps somewhere to go and challenge themselves.

Anyway, quick little things:

Archmage: In terms of skill, you are by far the person I have to give kudos to. For your first tournament, with only a few weeks of actual competitive knowledge up your sleeve, your play was far beyond expected IMO. Tbh I wasn't expecting to be beaten that first match, then when we actually started playing I realised you were something else. Keep going man, you have a real talent and you could really go far within the scene. You have a lot to improve on but you also have a lot of good stuff so give yourself a pat on the back! And you're also a really nice guy, to top it off! ^_^

Invisi: I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ACTUALLY SLIGHTLY BEATING YOU AGAIN. EVEN IF YOU SAY YOU'RE BAD. I'm so happy.... ;_;

Shaya & Tin Man: You guys didn't turn up on Sunday while I was there. I was so sad. I wanted to play Shaya.... and I wanted to meet Tin Man!!! My luck sucks right now. XD

ZXV: I know we've played a few matches in tournament before but we haven't talked much outside of it D= You're such a nice guy!! Sorry we didn't get to play Brawl, though I know melee is more your game. :p I'll see you at SS though if not before so we'll have to play then! =D

Ted: Beating me as usual! :p I'm really glad though, I don't feel like i'm entirely out of reach of winning anymore, I was punishing a few things (kinda) and my DI was better/slightly more consistent. I feel like I need to get better definitely but I think i'm beginning to kinda make my way there finally. I need more practice but literally my favourite comment today was from you: "Mm yea you're getting better." (That like made my day :D) So thanks so much for the games! I know you must have been super ultra tired though! :o :(

Scoot: Thanks for your tips today! I'm definitely gonna think it over and see what I can do to improve my game, though I think I may need some guidance on it tbh. You're a really cool guy, I can't see why anyone would hate you even for a misunderstanding lol! :D

Gords: Thanks for hosting the tournament, I know it was stressful at times with cramped space but i'm glad I got the opportunity to play people there. Our games were good, though not ledge snapping when you mean to sucks sometimes (*pssst* Trust me, I know! :p This is coming from a Lucas main who regularly bounces off the ledge for no apparent reason!). @.@

EA: I can't believe I actually managed a game with you where I didn't get grabbed *is so happy* Thanks for the games dude! Also your knowledge of Brawl is awesome to draw from! =D

Escro: Sorry about earlier today, I definitely didn't mean to tutor you, actually what happened there was i'd given arch some advice and I kinda felt bad about just giving advice to one party. I def. didn't mean to come across that I was trying to teach you stuff or being big-headed or anything. Anyway, good games! The more I see, the more i'm beginning to re-evaluate my position on the Wolf - Lucas MU... hmm...

Lux: Those games were so close in some instances. Definitely mixed, though i'll be honest: If we were to have a PR i'd want you ranked higher than me. Although I reckon I still have to sort out your play a bit more, for now I think you're just slightly the better player. Sometimes online translates well into offline play but this case was not one of them! :p Sorry ya had to leave early too - but I enjoyed what games we had. I can't wait to play you more!! ^_^

In all, it was pretty fantastic. Thanks guys!! Oh and I can't believe I forgot to give someone that 20% off discount voucher for Jb hi-fi that expires in like 10 days... ._.

Jarop

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1003-4030
Hi guys,
I've been a member of the Sydney / Australian FGC scene over at OzHadou for a couple of years and recently i've been getting into Melee with a few friends at uni (we're at the Sydney Conservatorium). I was just wondering if you guys would be interested in bringing the Smash scene to our monthly event York Street Battles. It's once a month event on a Saturday in the CBD for about 12 hours and has become pretty much the haven for the Sydney FGC as the arcade scene in Sydney begins to fade away. Various communities from the Capcom games to the KOF and Netherealms scenes have a great presence here and use the event as a good chance to host tournaments and network with players around Sydney

The big kicker is that for pretty much every game outside of AE and MvC, it's BYO gear. I don't know how practical that's going to be for you guys, but if you were after an opportunity to grow the scene / look for more players I can tell you this is probably a great chance. It would mean you guys would need to bring your own consoles and TVs, but there is $15 flat rate parking at the venue which makes the task a little easier.

If any of you would like to contact me for more details, PM me and we can sort something out. I'm a huge Smash fan (well, Melee fan :p) and I would love to see Sydney scene grow.

Also, if anybody does meets in the inner west area i am HUNGRY for some games

tedeth

Smash Master
Yes yes oh god yes!

Edit:

2 things:

1. Sent FGC guy a message. Roughly infinite amounts of hype.

2. Luco you need to calm the **** down. Please refrain from going full ******. The last thing I want is people not feeling comfortable in the scene, but if I have to make you feel less comfortable to increase the comfort levels of others, I will.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Gords thanks for the meet it was great and also thanks for your hospitality over the weekend. Additionally nice jacket.
Shaya thanks for the housing and all the help etc, it was good to get to know you and I hope you have a good trip to America.
Everyone else, good games as always, zxv it was good to get to play you in melee for once (I always get Ted in tournaments) because you would be the player that blew me up the most over the weekend imo.
EA GGGGG WHERE'S MY FOURTEEN DOLLARS??
Ted you're the ****ing king!
Matt you're the most technical new melee player I've seen and you're Fox has great potential. I hope to play you at the next tournament and hanging out was fun.
ACT da bess
Thanks everyone for making OH MY GORDS great this weekend! =]

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

My house: Thanks for being there for me house. You made the weekend a lot more comfortable than I expected. I like how you have my stuff with you as well. I hope you make it to more meets!

The food I ate over the weekend: Pity you got knocking into loser's by my teeth. Better luck next time! You had some really good things going for you so keep it up.

My dog: Why did you keep licking me wtf that's gross

My laptop: You're the best laptop. I liked the part where you streamed evo for me.

Finally, to the people I missed: same

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just wanted to say that while the time was short it was nice meeting you all Gords, Ted, EA and Escro. Also good to see again Cal. Special thanks to Gords for being so hospitable on such short notice, I hope I can return the favour someday :)

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Jarop is a massive king.

Good meet was goods, thanks Gords (Y) It was great to see some familiar faces as well as a couple of new ones. The hype from EVO still hasn't worn off haha so I'm quite keen for more meets and tournies, especially Shadowloo Showdown. I'm looking into hosting a smash meet at my place next month if there's interest. Also I might create an FB page for Sydney/ACT smash at some point today.

Gords

Smash Champion
Cal, by your place you mean ZXVs place right.

Jarop, That's exactly what I am after, not sure what Ted has already said but yeah I would love to run tourneys there. It would be a lot better than my place,
I'll message you later today

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Cal, by your place you mean ZXVs place right.

Jarop, That's exactly what I am after, not sure what Ted has already said but yeah I would love to run tourneys there. It would be a lot better than my place,
I'll message you later today

Yea but ZXV will be in America on Saturday so it's my house now hue hue

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
2. Luco you need to calm the **** down. Please refrain from going full ******. The last thing I want is people not feeling comfortable in the scene, but if I have to make you feel less comfortable to increase the comfort levels of others, I will.
=(

#whatdidIdo?

@Jarop: Oh wow, this sounds like a fantastic opportunity for our community. I'm very much looking forward to this prospect - and thankyou!!

cheese619

Smash Ace
Highlights of the weekend include
- Gords powershielding every laser ever in a game against me.
- Playing and hanging with the melee guys (ted, bryte, cao, unny, matt etc)
- Not being let into the apartment ever because I never bought Gords food
- Dinner at that Thai place
- Escro
- Jon
- Dr Pepper

Anyway I'm working on getting my car problems sorted out, hopefully that won't take too long and ACT will be down for the next tournament (possible appearance by the man, the myth, the legend Scabe).

EDIT: Cal for PM

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hi guys,
I've been a member of the Sydney / Australian FGC scene over at OzHadou for a couple of years and recently i've been getting into Melee with a few friends at uni (we're at the Sydney Conservatorium). I was just wondering if you guys would be interested in bringing the Smash scene to our monthly event York Street Battles. It's once a month event on a Saturday in the CBD for about 12 hours and has become pretty much the haven for the Sydney FGC as the arcade scene in Sydney begins to fade away. Various communities from the Capcom games to the KOF and Netherealms scenes have a great presence here and use the event as a good chance to host tournaments and network with players around Sydney

The big kicker is that for pretty much every game outside of AE and MvC, it's BYO gear. I don't know how practical that's going to be for you guys, but if you were after an opportunity to grow the scene / look for more players I can tell you this is probably a great chance. It would mean you guys would need to bring your own consoles and TVs, but there is $15 flat rate parking at the venue which makes the task a little easier.

If any of you would like to contact me for more details, PM me and we can sort something out. I'm a huge Smash fan (well, Melee fan :p) and I would love to see Sydney scene grow.

Also, if anybody does meets in the inner west area i am HUNGRY for some games

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm keen for local matches -- centrally based. I'm in the process of reviving some more city/eastern suburbs Melee players... that post-EVO momentum.

Jarop

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1003-4030
Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm keen for local matches -- centrally based. I'm in the process of reviving some more city/eastern suburbs Melee players... that post-EVO momentum.

I'm out in the Inner West so that isn't too far for me, would be keen for that for sure

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok guys had heaps of fun at my meet last weekend, and it showed that i can support a lot of people fairly comfortably.
Highlights for me were:
- knowing exactly what Ted was doing in PM just by his self commentary while being in the other room
- the EVO hype and watching melee all weekend
lowlights
- joe having a car accident
- no tom, scabe and foxy

special shout outs to Jon, seb, Simon all for surprising me with your attendance.

My next big meet is currently scheduled for August 17-19th (sat-monday), details coming soon

Top Bottom