• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Revival of Sydney 4 (RoS4) 25/05/14! Tell your friends!

cheese619

Smash Ace
Really good turnout.

Also this tournament had more entrants than Miles' House. Melbourne where you at?

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Really? wow legit. The smash starved Sydney scene turns out in force for the banquet.

Wait, MH had 60+ total and 38-40 for Melee...

Anyhoo is there a bracket image? Want to see who Spup lost to/beat.

Last edited:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Smoking Puppy lost to RJ twice iirc.

According to the results I saw MH had the same amount for melee and one less person for P:M. Although I guess if you count Brawl.....

S.D

Smash Master
Good point. Overall attendance was slightly higher with dedicated Brawl and SSB64 tournaments.

****ing noob Gerard lose to every Peach, poor focks.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Good point. Overall attendance was slightly higher with dedicated Brawl and SSB64 tournaments.

He went Fox against me in Winner's Bracket, and then actually went Falcon in Loser's. Close, but no cigar! =P

cheese619

Smash Ace
Ted used Fox and Sheik (and Marth?) over the course of his Winner's and Grand Finals matches with Zxv. Zxv used Marth and Sheik mostly I think.

Also Ted's get up attack edgeguards are godlike.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Melee Singles

Bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/V5Yfhh3.png

1: Ted
2: Zxv
3: RJ
4: Smoking Puppy
5: Scabe + Bucket
5: JBirds
7: Unny
7: Joe
9: Gords
9: Ricky
9: Cal
9: Paulie
13: Gamra
13: Cunchy
13: iKill
13: Matt 2
17: Marty
17: Zorsy
17: KTMFinx
17: Aron
17: Invisi
17: Pi
17: Phrase
17: Matt 1
25: William
25: Doc
25: Rumple
25: Seb
25: Paul
25: Star
25: Jene
25: Redmund
33: JNuts
33: Phibzy
33: Dance
33: James
33: Tyrone

P:M Singles

Bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/6VpvE1Q.png

1st: SPLIT Ted and zxv
3: RJ
4: Seb
5: Paulie
5: Joe
7: iKill
7: Ricky
9: JBirds
9: Cal
9: Unny
9: Lux
13: Invisi
13: Gamra
13: Smoking Puppy
13: Scabe + Bucket
17: Scott
17: Zorsy
17: Aron
17: JNuts
17: Matt 2
17: Redmund
17: Cunchy
17: Gords
25: William
25: Brad
25: Noser
25: Rose
25: Phibzy
25: Dance
25: Escro
25: Matt 1
33: Paul
33: Tyrone
33: Star
33: ArchMage
33: Maggot

Melee Doubles

Bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/gn4NnTw.png

1: Zxv & Ted (Tedxv)
2: Unreon + Smoking Puppy (Smoking Punny)
3: JBirds + iKill
4: Sack + Seb (ACT)
5: Zorsy + Paulie
5: Cal & Ricky
7: Doc & Marty
7: Aron & Gords
9: Nick + Robbie (Lush Crew)
9: Rumple + James
9: Dance & Tyrone
9: KTMFinx + Scabe + Bucket (Team Bucket)
13: Phibzy + JNuts
13: Pi + Jene (Wombo Combo)
13: Matt & Matt

P:M Doubles

Bracket image: http://i.imgur.com/IyGL88W.png

1: Zxv + Gords
2: Ted + Seb
3: Cal + Rickyu
4: JBirds + iKill
5: Zorsy + Paulie
5: Aron + Joe
7: ArchMage + Jarop
7: Smoking Puppy + Unreon
9: Scott + Brad (Beards of Fury)
9: Star + Noser (Lolly Lolly Hunters)
9: Dance + Tyrone (Roj)
9: Rose + Bucket
13: Matt & Matt
13: JNuts + Phibzy
13: Redmund + William (Godfukk)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

I was in WA over the weekend which had a pm only tourny; some 30 ppl turned up. Revival of aus

cheese619

Smash Ace
After having experienced being on Zxv's side of the bracket for the first time ever, please never put me on that side ever again xD I got bodied.

Jarop

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-1003-4030
Awesome event, shout-outs to everybody I played and big ups to Cal, Bryte and everybody else who helped organise and run things on the day.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Turnout was pretty ****ing awesome for this one. Good job everyone. Special thanks to Zxv and Cal (and Gords?) for providing TO/venue/CRT services.

Shoutouts to Scabe for putting up with me in doubles, Smoking Puppy for destroying me in friendlies, Matt 1&2 for being cool guys, RJ for destroying me in friendlies, Paul for being a cool guy, Unny for destroying me in bracket, yeah I could just go on.

Lunch was amazing. Worth the whole tourney imo.

edit: Oh yeah, guy with the DT 990 Pro headphones, what was your name and what was your game?
That would be Phrase. He's from Brisbane. I don't remember his real name, though. One of the QLD guys/he would know.

Also thanks to everybody for rocking up. You guys are what made the tourney great! Huge inspiration to see so many people interested in Melee and Project M! Hopefully we can find room to fit a Brawl tournament in somewhere in the future for those of you who prefer that game.

Last edited:

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Gerard put your poo Falcon away, at least Marth surely? Who did Ted use to beat ZXV?
man Gerards Falcon was getting off though

I blame Ben for leaving QLD and leaving us with no peach
also Ben for not attending this :C

Last edited:

mattk210

Smash Cadet
fun tournament. was great to meet everyone, special thanks to joe and smoking puppy for tips on my game.

i was thinking i wouldnt have time for smash during the semester, but i may have to make time for the next tournament/meet! im coming for you paulie after consecutively eliminating both halves of team matt in melee singles :) Team matt also needs redemption in doubles after coming dead last in both events

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
One day I will get higher than 9th. Mark my words!

Dance

Smash Rookie
It was the first smash tournament I've been to, and it was so great! Didn't even mind being terrible, not really knowing anything about the game and losing to everyone, watching you guys play is super exciting.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It was the first smash tournament I've been to, and it was so great! Didn't even mind being terrible, not really knowing anything about the game and losing to everyone, watching you guys play is super exciting.
Thanks for coming out and welcome to the scene!

Splice

Smash Hero
wooooow I didn't realise Ted was up to taking sets off ZXV in tournament yet!
Top stuff! Everyone's getting good/better, scouters are breaking from these insane power levels

Were Melee games recorded?

Last edited:

Dance

Smash Rookie
Thanks for coming out and welcome to the scene!
No worries. I'm hoping to attend future events, uni allowing.
Btw guys, I'm looking for a smallish crt i can have/buy in western sydney so I can actually play some smash.

Last edited:

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
No worries. I'm hoping to attend future events, uni allowing.
Btw guys, I'm looking for a smallish crt i can have/buy in western sydney so I can actually play some smash.
Look for CRT's in op shops (Salvo's, Vinnies, etc). I went to one recently and saw one for $30 (small-medium size).

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney, I'm really glad I made the trip. Shoutouts to Gords for getting me addicted to Dr Pepper housing, Cal and ZXV for running the event, Unny for teaming, and the whole NSW scene for being filled with chill people.

Gerard put your poo Falcon away, at least Marth surely? Who did Ted use to beat ZXV?
Lol, I'd like to think my Falcon is a lot better these days, where as Marth is now my trash character. Plus, I've been practicing my off-stage Falcon Punches and I don't want that precious training to go to waste.

Last edited:

unreon

Smash Ace
Incredible tournament by Cal + ZXV. Hope you guys enjoyed your TVs :)

The turnout was incredible! It was so revitalising seeing the scene burning passionately again.

Shoutouts to Smoking Puppy for teaming with me. Team Smoking Punny still won GFs in best team name. TedXV is pretty meh and obvious :D
Shoutouts to Ted's Jigglypuff tech switch for winning Teams. Without that Puff I reckon we had a legit chance, as seen in WF :p
Shoutouts to new guys like Julian and Roberto (?) and the like for being new interested players who show real promise.
Shoutouts to meeting RJ for the first time. You're super nice and humble and it's great to have a good Peach for once (I kid I kid Cao <3). Would have loved to play you for hours.
Shoutouts to Scabe's bucket for giving him the patience to hand me a loss, you played real solid there. Next time we play I'm going to try and murder you :p
Shoutouts to Smoking Puppy once again for one of the closest Fox ditto's of all time. 5minutes on Battlefield whaaaaat that never happens!

I still want to play more now.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
I had such an amazing time. Ted and zxv, you guys are awesome and your sets were super fun to watch.
Thanks Gords for housing and giving me some nice practice games!

Thanks everyone I played friendlies with. Learned a lot over the weekend

10/10 would fly down again

EDIT: That zxv turnip recovery...

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I hope to perform better next time I go. I did make progress from last time where I came dead last in everything but I want to further myself as much as I can. I Iook forward to next time!

Zxv

Smash Lord
I hope to perform better next time I go. I did make progress from last time where I came dead last in everything but I want to further myself as much as I can. I Iook forward to next time!
I always tell new players that the absolute fastest way to improve is to go to tournaments. The raw experience you gain from playing a variety of new people is by far the best for getting better quickly.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I'm currently doing my HSC but when I finish in early November I plan to attend as many meets as I can to improve. Thanks for the support guys! :D

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
What can I say, but another great tournament at the least! Really enjoying the turnout for these, especially getting to meet all the different kinds of players through friendlies and tour matches alike!
I'm certainly going to have to step my game up to take on the Matt crew again :), both sets I had against you guys were really fun and intense, good stuff!
To Smoking Puppy, those few tips against spacies really go a long way in helping someone in a foreign match up, so thanks a lot to you and I certainly think I applied them well in my later games!
Let's not forget team dinosaurs either, Bowser and Yoshi putting in work for PM doubles! So cheers for teaming with me Julian, gotta be proud of them placings!
Of course, to everyone else I played against, gg's across the board and nice meeting you to! People are improving at these tournaments really quickly, it's most certainly bringing out the best in people, makes me wish the next monthly tour was next week D:

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
I had such an amazing time. Ted and zxv, you guys are awesome and your sets were super fun to watch.
Thanks Gords for housing and giving me some nice practice games!

Thanks everyone I played friendlies with. Learned a lot over the weekend

10/10 would fly down again

EDIT: That zxv turnip recovery...
Your Marth movement dude <3

Scabe

Successful Businessman
This is really bothering me but who is DeLux? Have I bump into you at some point?

Good attendance. Shoutouts to the hardworking staff at the bowling alley, the ACT car ride featuring McDonalds, and Bucket.

Thanks Kyle and Rose for teaming with me. Good games with Unny, Sleeping Dog, That Ganondorf player, Lux, Jbirds and many more.

The level of skill in Sydney is crazy.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I have to admit, my 3rd place finishes this time around was hard fought. I'll get 2nd or 1st again eventually, but for now no one is allowed to take 3rd place unless it's me. ;):grin:

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
@ FinXx FinXx Who were you? Falco player? We played project m at one point because there were no free melee setups?
Nono, we played friendlies (melee) on one of the tiny TV's. I played as Marth then Captain Falcon, and asked "How do you approach Marth as Falcon?" and you answered "You can't. I read something Dr PeePee wrote" etc etc. You then asked if I'd heard about a game you developed. What was that game?

edit: just to make sure, you were the guy with the DT 990 Pro headphones right?

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:
Top Bottom