• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Revival of Sydney 4 (RoS4) 25/05/14! Tell your friends!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
This is really bothering me but who is DeLux? Have I bump into you at some point?

Good attendance. Shoutouts to the hardworking staff at the bowling alley, the ACT car ride featuring McDonalds, and Bucket.

Thanks Kyle and Rose for teaming with me. Good games with Unny, Sleeping Dog, That Ganondorf player, Lux, Jbirds and many more.

The level of skill in Sydney is crazy.
I'm Lux, pleased to meet you.

Yea! I waved at you and everything but you kind of just looked at me and kept on going. It was very unsettling.

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand the question. Can marth dashdance to dtilt? Is that what you're asking?
I mean like, in neutral vs. falcon can't marth safely dtilt pressure a dd camping falcon? Sorry, wasn't clear...

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I'm Lux, pleased to meet you.

Yea! I waved at you and everything but you kind of just looked at me and kept on going. It was very unsettling.
You're so mean, DeLux. How long are you going to keep up this ruse?

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
That turnout was so hefty I almost suffocated from its collective B.O
good job Sydney

Shoutouts to songs that sound like mosquitoes, Icevysaur, Play Rough rage quits, double DK f-airs, secret technique pea pod, staying at the tournament long enough to StreetPass Gords twice, and that ****ing stupid bucket.

Those who talked me into entering PM singles: you're the worst.

Team ACT!

#RIPbucket

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
SD, how do I beat Marth with Falco I can never do it.
same as c.falcon, space hard and also push him with lasers to shut down his approach. dont be sloppy with approaches aka jump forward laser - jump forward d-air cause that never works. pretty much wait for an ariel or tilt cause falco can just jump in and punish them quite easily or even get priority over most of marths move set. you just have to push for tiny openings and eventually u can punish things like a f-air/d-tilt

S.D

Smash Master
Zac's advice is really important. 90% of Falco's just go for their bread and butter laser in then aerial stuff with no other approach mixups, which is actually not an optimal strategy, unless your playing someone who gets stuck in shield. You need to be more selective about your openings and make every one count for 50% or more every time. Spacing yourself outside Marth's range with lasers and baiting reactions can pay huge dividends. Do you have any vids of you vs Marth recent?

unreon

Smash Ace
No videos at the moment.

All of the above is stuff I'm very conscious of, but getting 50% combos just don't equal the gimps they get on me, hah. For sure, I'm starting to think about every single laser I throw out. Some people like ZXV can powersheild on command, which is absolutely terrifying. Oh, and lasering at 1.5x shorthop range away will still get me dash-attacked. And even grabbing them won't often yield strong punishes either, as Falco's grab game is pretty miserable when compared to Fox.

Whole matchup makes me nervous, heh.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Empty short hop on the spot, bait a dash attack, d-air it.

Power shield the laser back or just hold sheild and when ther close enough shine out of shield.

The only reason u should be near the edge is when edge guarding.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
dat attendance
i'd love for sydney to show up in big numbers to shadowloo showdown, imagine crews: melbourne b vs sydney b
just 5v5 of complete new blood, so hype

unny: throw that **** in the air, sure you might not get percent but the pressure is still on marth
nice spacing/lasers and all the pressure is on marth, as you string together short combos while he has to find a huge gimp/combo just to keep the match even
when falco is 0-15% i reckon that's hugely important btw, marth shouldn't touch you without getting kicked in the head
alt strat: run away and do sexy movement, marth stops and watches, after 7 minutes shoot lasers and run

Last edited:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Yeah actually Sydney vs Melb melee crews would actually work 5v5 (for the first time in like 3 or 4 years) or we could run Melb vs Rest of Australia or something.
Also P:M crews pls, Sydney has P:M free.

EDIT: Dekar when's Shadowloo Showdown? Or were you talking about BAM?

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
While it's date isn't confirmed, I'm fairly certain there will be another Shadowloo Showdown in the last quarter of the year, featuring Smash.
P:M would be interesting, probably Sydney's favour.

Also I just realised cheese/Seb's been around for as long as I have. I thought you were new-ish.

cheese619

Smash Ace
I've been around a while but I didn't start leaving Canberra until like 2011, around about the same time I switched from brawl to Melee.

S.D

Smash Master
Don't try too much near the edges, just control the middle ground and platforms. Grabs are actually pretty useful, uthrow to fair can yield a lot of damage and follow ups if they fail to di correctly, also u throw to full hop uair dj down air works well too. Getting to like two characters lengths then baiting movement with place wavedash can give you a good idea of what they want to do oos.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Shoutouts to songs that sound like mosquitoes,
Haha, I remember that Ted yanked up the volume on the TV that my Wii was on and when they went FD and this song played:

You could hear the opera vocals from throughout the room and everyone was looking around to see where it was coming from.

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
yeah flights atm are like $130 ish return
remember the trick is to fly jetstar but use their price beat guarantee to fly at tiger prices.

havent sorted housing yet, kinda why i was interested in seeing who else is going
i also thought of maybe road tripping it up if i got a full car including another driver, then realized no one else drives manual

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Okay that sounds reasonable, yeah cheat the system!
Yeah I mean, I'd put myself down as maybe, see what happens with it, if a few more get interested it'd be worth the trip. Oh and if you somehow manage to get the carpool happening, that would be an awesome drive lol.

Gords

Smash Champion
problem is i dont feel like driving the whole 12hrs, so i will need another manual driver if it is my car.
paulie aernt you on your Ls, ar eyou learning manual?

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
That's fair enough, a 12 hour drive is hell, I could only imagine. Yeah I'm still on my L's, it could of worked out pretty well if I was learning manual, but I'm just another mindless auto driver lol. However if someone who does drive manual becomes interested, I'd make the trip up with yahs.

Gords

Smash Champion
paulie, have you decided if your going yet, fligyhts are getting more expensive now since tiger have no more flights to match with.
your looking at 150 ish now

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I think in the end I'll probably just go to YSB this weekend if work permits, I just gotta be a lot more sparing with my money atm.
So yeah I wont go this weekend, but if something similar to this comes up later on when I can afford it I'd be keen to for sure.

Edit: Also, when's the next RoS going to happen?

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
It would be nice if RoS III could be around the 29th or the 30th of March. I'll be able to make that but I won't be able to make the 22nd or the 23rd. :/

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
UWS man, we got the break across the Easter weekend, so from 12th to 23rd roughly, it's about a week long break so I was guessing the next RoS might be between then, since it may suit a lot of people's schedules.

Gords

Smash Champion
the weekend of the 12th would seem more reasonable since the following weekend is Easter.
ill have to talk with cal more about it

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've unstuck this.

There's way too many stickies on this board. I think it needs to be cleaned up.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
so wait, you unstuck sydney's only stickied discussion/tourney series thread while leaving every other state's discussion/tourney series thread stickied?

cool

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
yeah i was thinking

i've restuck it for now
and it's best to leave it that way. To add what Tom mentioned, it's also our largest tournament series that's been revived recently and I believe it will remain active for a while.

Speaking of which I'm planning to organise the next tournament by the 12th of April. Stay tuned.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was thinking of moving all tournaments to the tournament section actually, @ CaLibUr_1337 CaLibUr_1337

edit

actually never mind, I think I'll leave it in a state of disarray, seems like you'd prefer that

Last edited:
Top Bottom