• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

lilindian

Smash Rookie
well this weekend works for me if i can get a ride to halifax/cole harbour. 60$ round trip on the bus isn't my kind of fun

adamf1000

Smash Rookie
Hammering out some details...

Thats great news if your covering the transport for us in Truro. Guess I just gotta work on where im staying. Any info on where this tournament will be held? I'm trying to Canada 411 for any hotels or anything nearby in Coles Harbour but it's not coming up with anything. Is Coles Harbour a part of Halifax? I wouldn't know for sure because im not from Nova Scotia, just here for college.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
well, i think this weekends date IS set in stone. Animus' parents are gone! haha we must take advantage of that. catdog...haha im not going back to guys place. lilindian, here's the situation. on friday im driving to new glascow after work(9pm). then on saturday morning i will be going to truro,picking up 2-3 ppl, then going to halifax. so, there are a couple of ways we can make this work. 1, i pick you up on friday night on my way through and you find a place to stay in NG, then on sat morning i can pick you up there. 2, on saturday morning i drive to antigonish to pick you up(i would rather not have to do that). 3, ...you find a drive to NG on saturday morning. now, getting you back to antigonish, on saturday night i would rather not have to drive to anti then to NG again. would you be able to either stay in NG saturday night or find a drive to anti from NG. if i absolutely have to, i can make the trips..but again i would rather not. so chew on that for a while and see what you can do

adamf1000, yup dropping into truro is no problem. especially now that i see your VERY close to the highway haha and i actually plan on coming home the same night, so i wont be staying over. Coal Harbour is like 10 minutes East of Halifax,is that right? its not far at all anyways

i guess that's it for this mornings post, ill be at work soon and i can check it anytime, but i have a feeling im gonna be hella busy again but i'll try and keep an eye on it

check out my smash vids on youtube, they're poor quality but its not that bad :/ search for 2112vsSBUU, im 2112

and STILL not everyone has accepted the rules!!

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone, I just stumbled across this Nova Scotia section and decided to sign up. I live in Halifax and am quite interested in getting in on this smash tournament, if you dont mind another person. Im 18 years old and moved to Halifax this year for University, I dont think im really that good at smash, but never having played anyone halfway decent I dont really have a good base to make these judgements, I certainly can do most advanced techniques, but maybe not so well when playing people who know what they are doing. Anyway, I just thought I'd make myself and my interest known. Thanks.

adamf1000

Smash Rookie
SSJ where do you live if your going back home the same night? and if your heading out to NG saturday night, is it ok to get dumped off in Truro if your passing through?

Catdog

Smash Rookie
hey space man spiff, welcome to the ns board. Dont worry about the advanced techniques i dont even know what they are called, or possibly how to do them. What uni u going to

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
welcome to Earth mr.Spaceman ^.^ what characters do you like to use? and hells yeah you can come, do you need a ride? everyone, i am very much willing to play taxi. i am not stingy when it comes to driving ppl where they need to go.

i live in Louisdale, which is in Cape Breton. i have a 3+ hour drive into Halifax. My gf lives in New Glascow, which is only like 45 minutes from Truro

lilindian

Smash Rookie
if you can pick me up on your way to Ng that would be good. i can probably find a place to stay for the night. i might even be able to meet you in NG saturday morning. My aunt lives 15mins outside NG and i have a friend who can probably drive me back and forth between her house and NG. also what time do you plan on leaving NG saturday morning?

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the welcome! As to the questions, I go to St. Mary's, first year commerce student, as for my main, its Link, and my secondary is umm...... Link, haha. I never got around to getting good with anyone else, so even if your a pro level shiek, Im picking Link, likely my biggest weakness. I could probably use a ride as I dont believe the buses go all the way to Cloe Harbour. Thanks again for the welcome.

Catdog

Smash Rookie
aww man saint maries, hoping u went to dal. np u staying in res or what, i live on quimpool so if thats close we should defintely get some games in

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
catdog! play against spaceman whenever possible to help him improve. we'l be doing ALOT of smashing before the tourney actually begins. so you'l have a chance to get used to playing against advanced players.
ANYBODY WANT TO HAVE SOME MONEY MATCHES???? 10$, 1 ROUND, 5 STOCK??!?!
nuthin wrong with Link, he was my first main character. i hope you use alot of projectiles. did you ever try Y.Link? he wavedashes really good.

for the Tourney my Main will probably be Peach, or Samus
normally it would be Link,Falco, and Dr.Mario, but i feel the need to change it up
i will be also be using Fox, Ganon, and G&W. i want to get better with these characters
and of course i'll occasionaly use everyone else ^.^

do i need to bring my gamecube? i dont want to. how many tvs will you have Animus? i will be bringing my copy of Smash tho

i sure hope i can find the Action Replay....its in my room somewhere, but im not exactly sure where. i hope that i will find it in one of my GC game cases. that reminds me, i have to look for a certain code!!

Animus45

Smash Rookie
Spaceman_Spiff, hey how's it going. If Kevin's (SSJ2Link) car is full i'll probably be able to come get you.

Adamf1000 greetings, you can probably stay at my place. The thing is i'm going to a movie with a bunch of friends from here around 9 or so.. then i was planning on having people back at my place for a party. So those who want to stay the night have to party with us too (OH NO!) and find somethign to do for a few hours. You could always tag along to the movie, but my car is full.

edit: i will have 3 tvs set up, so i need 2 more gamecubes

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Awesome, if I know I can get a drive then I can say for sure I will be there. Catdog, I do live in the res, so im not too far from Quinpool, at least not if I take a bus. unfortunatly, Im pretty busy with school this week so I dont think I would be able to get much practice in. By the way, I can bring a cube if need be, the only problem is that since the TV I have is ancient, Im using an RF switch, so unless someone has extra cables, it would have to do, I personally never noticed much of a difference, but I know some people are picky.

lilindian

Smash Rookie
i'll money match you kev. plus i was wondering if there would be any room for doubles in the tourney? im ok with all the rules but hate me if you want but i prefer 4stock. it gives you time to come back from a few mistakes.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
Favorite levels? I guess I like to play on most of the stages considered neutral, Final Destination, Dream Land, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dream etc. Speaking of stages, what ones will be legal at the tournament? I would vote MLG rules, but obviously its not up to me.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
well here's the thing, if you have 3stock then so does your opponent! also, its best 2 out of 3, that gives you a chance to come back if you make mistakes. and having 4 stock would probably add like 30-45 mins to the tourney. lets just do 3 stock this time, and maybe next time do 4 stock. you werent there last time vic, our last tourney sucked balls(because nobody would agree to let me handle it! haha) we were all sitting around forever waiting for the tourney to be over after losing. i just want a quick end and a winner. the final few matches will be 4 stock, hows that for a comprimise? the first few rounds are 3 stock to make it go by faster, then when it gets to semi-finals we'l make it 4 stock.

um, i get off work at 9pm on friday. but i might try and change shifts with someone so i can be done by 4:30. what's your schedule on friday?

my rules are pretty much MLG rules, without all that garbage about pausing and interference

airball

Smash Apprentice
Trying to find out why kids love Cinnamon Toast Cr
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but if the tournament is a Animus' that's great, but I have no idea where that is. That could be a bit of a problem. I don't know if I'd need a ride or not. The other details look ok.

Oh, and Spaceman: I love the Calvin and Hobbes reference.

Jiko

Smash Rookie
I'm definately not good enough for a money match, seeing as I'm only aiming for second last, but I'd be happy to watch and cheer on people, heh

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Is there a prize for top 3?

So it's Saturday right? I vote at 7pm since everybody should be able to make it by then (including catdog, r u goin)?

EVERYBODY BRING FRIENDS ::laugh::

Animus45

Smash Rookie
I can't do it at 7 pm... I can only play until 9.
Zach, if you want to tend the house when i go to the movie at 9, i'd let people stay and keep playing after I go.

So yeah.. everyone come as early as possible!

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
yes it was mentioned, elm street in coal harbour.

prize for top 3? you mean 1st 2nd and 3rd? and if yes, then i cant believe you just asked that question haha this is a tournament! bring your money ppl wanting to join! you have to pay to walk into Animus' place, NO JOKE. no fu.cking around like last time. you pay before you play

i vote for 6pm, its easy for you guys who live on location, but i dont want to get on the raod too too late. and we'l be showing up early, so by the time 7pm rolls around ill be ready to leave. but hey, im not leaving until we have this tourney!!

we need a name for this tourney. lets brainstorm that

airball

Smash Apprentice
Trying to find out why kids love Cinnamon Toast Cr
...wow.

Cole Harbour is quite a distance for me, I have no idea if I can get to that. I'll check on that, but today is my birthday, and we might be doing something for that on Saturday. If it were local, I'd do it for sure, but a day trip is less certain.

Kevin, if I can go, I would definitely need a ride. Would you be able to make a stop by my house if I actually can go?

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
HAHA ^.^

yeah andrew, just give me directions. like i said earlier, all transportation needs will be met

Smash by the Sea
Maritime Brawl
Nova Smash
Show me your other moves >.< haha

HAHA Show me your Moose!!

Holy Smokes

Japanese name?
Let's go -- Ikimasho
Lets dance -- Isshoni odorani
Good luck (for the future)! Genki de ne!

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
Awwww.... It looks like i can't find anyone to stay with on Saturday, or to take me home afterwards... so I guess I can't make this tournament, really bad timing for me i guess. So my next question is when do you guys plan on having another one? Because I'd definitely love to get in on the next one. Have fun guys:)

lilindian

Smash Rookie
well im done classes at 5 on friday. after that im totally free. if you were to give me a ride to my aunts friday night i could probably catch a ride to NG in the morning.

i like 4 stock in the semi's. that works for me. How much do you thikn entry fee will be? i liked smashnight on elm street. it was witty. ha. i'll check this again tomorrow

Jiko

Smash Rookie
I like smash night on elm street too, if you turn down Show me your Moose :p

adamf1000

Smash Rookie
For the tournament name, I second Jiko's "Show your moose" idea. Oh yeah, you can say im 99.9% in for this tournament ( the other part of the percent is if I get hit by lightning). So what time should us Truro-Folk be waiting outside our residence on saturday?

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Next tournament you say

Hey max_da_ling stay with Animus, I think I saw him offer housing somewhere on this thread. If there's interest in the community I want to hold a multi game tournament early April (before the 13th).

Animus45

Smash Rookie
Awwww.... It looks like i can't find anyone to stay with on Saturday, or to take me home afterwards... so I guess I can't make this tournament, really bad timing for me i guess. So my next question is when do you guys plan on having another one? Because I'd definitely love to get in on the next one. Have fun guys:)
Hey max_da_ling stay with Animus, I think I saw him offer housing somewhere on this thread. If there's interest in the community I want to hold a multi game tournament early April (before the 13th).
You can stay at my place. I'll be having locals over at around midnight to hang out/party though, so as long as you're down with that you can stay here

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the offer man, but I still wouldn't be able to get back to Liverpool that night... I'd need to be there for 10 or 11pm that Saturday... I just checked Acadian bus schedule and it doesn't seem to have Liverpool listed either, which was my last resort. So I guess i'm **** out of luck... hopefully I can keep myself open for the next tournament though.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
hey, it was a play on words right. so if you take Nightmare on Elm St. and fuse it with a tournament, you get Fightmare on Elm St. i dont remember saying Smash Night on Elm Street :p haha Smash Night on Elm St strays too far from the original title and denotes the wittyness. but not all tourneys will be held on Elm st. Show me your Moose....its good. but it just doesnt feel right. lets try to think of something more origianl(in terms of a tourney name)

truro folks, im not sure exactly what time im leaving. it'd say...sometime after 10am, and no later than 1pm. i have a number Jiko gave me so ill just call that when i leave. also he has mine so u can call anytime.

vic, ill be driving past antigonish around 10:00-10:30 on friday night, so ill call you around then and i'll pick you up and drive you to ur aunts place.

max, that sux

Pey, Animus....your goin down b!tches :D

lilindian

Smash Rookie
my phone doesnt get service in my house so i'll try calling you around 9:30ish if that ok. i wont be doing anything so anytime around 10-10:30 is good. oops i mea i like fightmare on elm street but ok if that doesnt work. cant really think of anything else. well im gonna go practice i might check this again before i go to bed.

Spaceman_Spiff

Smash Cadet
SSJ2Link, if your still cool with driving me, you should add me to MSN, or if you dont use that, maybe e-mail me at thompson.johnAThotmailDOTcom (sorry about the cryptic e-mail, I have a phobia of spambots....) to work out times/locations etc. thanks a lot.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
yeah, im off work at 9 vic. its rare that i would get stuck on a an issue later, but it can always happen. if i dont answer try me every 10 mins after that

ill add you when i get home Spaceman!

i need to get my stuff organized, i couldnt find the ACTION REPLAY dammit! must search....ill get a bit of practise in tool. (i didnt get as much as i wanted to in the last few weeks)

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Yo link have you been talkin to Airball, is he comin with you? What about Rob?? Also bout the stock I say keep it at 3 stock the whole way through, but make semis best of 5, then if you want finals best of 7.

Also what about a low tier tournament? I spose it depends on how many show.

Oh yeah, don't worry about bringing a cube I've got you covered.

Top Bottom