• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
yeah,but its only really a tournament if im attending :D

it would be a hollow victory! >.<

lilindian

Smash Rookie
ok well im back from vacation. RI was sweet. i got a lot of good practice in and i'm ready to play. Link... i may be heading to my aunt's next week. maybe we could do what we did last time?

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
montreal? f that

Vic! i will have to call you soon. hope the number you gave me last time is still yours

Hugh and others, i will try and plan something soon . its well overdue!

lilindian

Smash Rookie
the number i gave you still works. i get a week of starting the 27th. other than that im pretty much free every weekend after this one coming up. Always looking to play some smash

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Well once again thanks for the heads up Thatguy. I know some are interested in travelling when it can be done.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
ok, so lets try to get something going next weekend. this weekend is too soon to get everyone organized. it would be on a Saturday, realllly early. like, 12noon we should get together, that way we'l have a good chunk of time and i wont be going home too late. before i start planning i need to know if everyone is available...so make sure you check back here on a regular basis. when is march break for everyone(who is affected by march break:p) i dont know if i really want to go to halifax on march break...there'd be alot of traffic and i have a hard enough time navigating those **** streets as it is. so yeah, step 1, find out what time works for all. speak up!

Catdog

Smash Rookie
yeah im up for anything after 1pm guess i would be arriving later or something, forgot to tell you all there was a tourny at Dal. LOL in case ur wondering i won.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
yeah, we'l most likely be playing smash for a couple of hours so whenever you can show up is cool. i dont know where we would go, any volunteers? i dont imagine there would be more than 8 of us. 2 tv's and 2 systems would be great. i can actually bring a tv and my cube/ssbm, if i have to. not all 4player matchs tho...they'r fun and all, but 1v1 is more exciting. i'll be using alot of Samus and Fox, along with the usual Falco, Dr.Mario, and Link, incase anyone wants to come up with strategies to beat me ;) i'll be training really hard from here until we meet, so expect a tough match. lets get this up and running guys

oh, if you hear of any tourney's in the area let me know, id like to try and attend. was there any good compition at DAL?

Catdog

Smash Rookie
Umm not really sure about the compeition. I busted out marth and destroyed eveything. It was a timed 4 person free for all matches, with items. If there was any skill it was difficult to see witht he use of items. The final was a 4 person free for all 10 stock match on hyrule, with items on low. Players had 2 sheiks and a captain falcon and my marth. I was lucky people chose hyrule and that my friend has the best shiek iv ever seen. Came down the the wire but just like his sheik they all fall victum to useing thier running attack to much, all i had to do was wait. There was one good player who used DK so ill let him know. as for a place to hold it i see if my roomates mind it being here. THe set up has gotten better and its got the space for sure.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
that's sounds good. maybe we'l have enough to have a good sized tourney. and seeing as how last time it was a complete mess, i suggest letting me handle the tourney. i tried to that last time, but everyone else wanted to do it too and so i just didnt plan it. let me plan it this time and i can assure you it will run smoothly. i will start drawing up some things and post them tommorow maybe. but everyone has to just accept my rules! they will be fair, and you can post what you would like to see, but we cant suit everybodys wants. like really, whats the difference between having 3 or 4 stock? it doesnt alter the game's physics nor your playing ability. its such a petty thing to argue about, lets just focus on beating the other players. i will work on a way to display a tourney tree that will be easy to use, and not just scribbles on a piece of paper. but everyone has to tell me now if you are going to follow it. because i dont want to waste my time creating something then have everybody just ignore it in the end

Catdog

Smash Rookie
tear, tear, seems like no one likes hyrule :( one of my roomates said yes so just need to ask the other. Never mind my other roomate said no

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
welcome Jiko, tell us a little about yourself. what characters do you use?

i found Jiko's name in a list of Samus users and sent him a PM. he lives in Truro, which by the way I could pick you up on my 3 hour drive from Cape Breton into Halifax. unless you would want to take your own vehicle...how old are you? do you have any friends that would want to come along?

no worries catdog, some of us would be more than happy to defeat you on hyrule ;) heh sucks that your roommate said no, any other volunteers? Pey and Animus have still yet to post, maybe they can accomodate.

hell, if we have no other option i could always hook up a tv and gamecube to my car power supply and we could just go to some empty parking lot and play smash >.< hahah that'd be bad-***, but it would kill my battery :/

Catdog

Smash Rookie
wel there is always intercity, i got a one year membership there since i won the torny im sure we could play there

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Intencity

Hey catdog, did you win anything for winning at DAL?

1)where is it
2)when exactly
3)tourny or get together???

Is it a tourny or get together. If there's no prize then who cares about rules... if there is a prize, aka a toruny then it should be best of 4 3stock. 4 stock drags on too much. Or do 5 stocks. Then its nice and long to take your time. It's not petty to argue about stock, unimportant maybe, but not petty. Intencity would be an awesome hang out spot but they charge for entry.

If it was during middle-to late march we could do it here at my place. I would also set up other games/PC, and if people brought cubes you are looking at 5+ setups. If people agreed there could be a small entry fee to ensure a prize, only if people agreed they cared about a prize.

Catdog

Smash Rookie
yeah it was a halo 2 and smash toruny, so everyone had to play smash and halo 2. The winner of halo 2 tourny got a 360 game, and whoever one the smash got 2 game cube games. Aslo on top of that each winner gets 2 1 year free memebership and inercity, but im gonna trade my membership in again for a t-shirt

lilindian

Smash Rookie
so is there going to be anything going on this weekend in halifax? I dont get to make it down here that often and im free the entire weekend. I can try to meet someone anywhere really. I dont know the city that well but i think i could manage.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
its a tourney, but once that is over it wont be the end of playing smash. not for me anyways. i guess what i meant to say about stock, is that its petty to say your not going to play because its not the stock amount you want. best 2/3 with 3 stock is probably the best bet.

date and time are unknown - Pey has volunteered his place for a certain weekend, i have no problem making it that weekend. the date depends on the location. so how is the weekend of...the 17th or the 24th, Pey? can everybody make it these weekends. we all need to update as much info as possible on here so that we can actually do this. we gotta show the rest of the world we're not sloppy hicks! we will post our Tournament stats someplace on this forum and put our Province on the map. we will definatly have videos of all the matches, that myself and Animus would create. so if we can all agree to this post, we can have a formal tournament and find our place :D

Rules

Entry Fee - 10$ - 20$ (i wouldnt mind a high price/payout)
Format - Double Elimination
Rounds - best 2 out of 3
Stock - 3 (because of time reasons, we dont want the tourey to take 2 hours >.<)
*at any point during picking a stage/character, both players can just agree on whatever and start the match*
Stage - coin is flipped for first pick, then its loser picks
Character - flip coin for first, then loser picks
-that's it, no stupid things like blind picks and ..whatever else there is. loser picks, final answer-
Time Limit - 7 mins

10$ - entries=..6......7..... 8.... 9 ...10..11..12..13..14..15.......................
-1st...............30....35...40...40...45..50..55..60..65..70.............................
-2nd..............20....20...25...30...35..35..40..40..45..45.............................
-3rd..............10....15...15...20...20..25..25..30..30..35.............................

15$ - entries=..6....7..... 8..... 9 .....10.....
-1st............................................................
-2nd...........................................................ill finish this $hit later
-3rd............................................................

20$ - entries=..6....7..... 8..... 9 .....10.....
-1st............................................................
-2nd...........................................................
-3rd............................................................

i will look after the tournament format, you know..the charts and $hit. i have an idea on how to make it easy-to-use and efficient. i have lots of time to work on that. it would help a whole lot if i knew how many people to expect. so nows the time to start commiting, finding friends who will commit, and post it! make sure you post that, its important, so make sure you post it. i cant stress it enough..that you have to make sure you post numbers of players you can bring. numbers! post it! important!

we need one of these lists...

Player...................TAG.........Status......................
SSJ2Link..............2112.........GOING 100%........
SuperBuu.............SBUU........unknown................
Catdog..................____........GOING ??%...........
\Friend 1...............____........i'll be optimistic....
\Friend 2...............____........that you will bring
\Friend 3...............____........a few friends..........
Animus..................____........100%(hosting.......
\Mark....................____.........unknown................
Pey.........................____.........GOING 90+% right?
Rob.........................____........unknown................
Airball....................____........unknown................
lilindian..................____........50/50......................
Jiko.........................____.......90%.........................
Adam......................____.......90%........................
Max.........................____.......10%.......................
anybody else is more than welcome!

everybody should pick a Tag, now that we will have videos and offical results posted, you'l want a tag so that you will be known. you dont have to, but wouldnt you want to! also clarify some status guys. dont just post, "yeah a tournament would be cool". i have alot of questions here that everybody needs to answer for this to be successful

that's all the info we need. no talking about 'what if the other person stalls, or uses cheats'. we're all civilized players and we need to try and keep this as simple as possible. we should be able to just play some matches without having to define everything. lets just use these rules this time and see how it goes. and next time we'l have this experience to drawn on.

**EVERYONE WHO AGREES TO THESE TOURNAMENT RULES MAKE A POST OF ONLY "I AGREE"**

airball

Smash Apprentice
Trying to find out why kids love Cinnamon Toast Cr
It's hard to agree without a date set. Given that my parents let me go last time, I'll be optimistic that I can go this time, but the sooner I can tell them, the better a chance I'll have to come.

Naturally, I can't confirm anything until I know the date, but that aside, the rules look good. When we have some hard details I'll check it out.

Catdog

Smash Rookie
hey illidain i got some things i need to do but im sure i would be free around 4pm to play some smash, ill just need to get a hold of a friend to bring over his controllers and game, since mine died.

Animus45

Smash Rookie
I'm down to play smash anytime... My parents are going away to cancun this Friday, and they'll be gone till march 17th... so basically anytime between the 9th and 17th i can have people over. In fact if anyone wants to play smash anytime pleeeease call me: 877-4819, i'm going to be bored all that week and will be looking to anything. Kev if you want to organize a tourny for sometime in that week, i can host it here.. with mutli-tv's and whatnot.
p.s. beers & cheeba for anyone who wants to stop by ;) and a healthy *** kicking

Jiko

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the late replies, been busy with school

I'm 22, play Samus and Fox (but neither well enough to be confindent of wins heh)

I'll absolutely come. If you were able to pick me up in truro when you're coming through, that'd be great. I live in the residence of NSCC and I can give you directions. I've talked to a couple of my friends and they are looking to come too once they get a little more oriented and a bit more information about when/where/how much etc.

The weekend of the 9th would be fine for me. I'm still checking with my friends here as to when/if they can come this weeken or next weekend. Since next week is the March Break of the CC I'll be open all week and I'll actually be in halifax on friday anyway until undetermined

Pey

Smash Apprentice
I vote for thursday the 8th, but maybe that's too soon for people. And is it being done at Animus'?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Edit : Oh ****, I guess I meant Thursday March 15, ummm but I'm easy.

adamf1000

Smash Rookie
Falco Player

Im a Falco player, and im one of the friends Jiko speaks of. Im on residence at the NSCC also and in fact I could knock on the wall and Jiko could hear me. But anyway Im pretty interested in this tournament, but I have lack of transportation. I'm also working on a place to stay overnight if the tournament drags out for a little while, but also planning a way back to Residence at the same time. If I can come up with a solution I'd be in for sure. Oh and the 10th would be the best at the earliest for me (got classes until thursday at 3:30pm).

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
Hey! I'm super interested in this tournament. I'm another of Jiko's friends living in the same res as him in Truro... since our March break starts Friday, I'd say friday night would be the best for me as i need to get home to Liverpool (west coast), somehow. I should be able to find a place to stay if i call a few people, then I just need to figure out how to get home. The sooner the tournament date is confirmed... the better my chances are of this working out. A drive would be much appreciated if at all possible.

I know all the technical stuff... I can wavedash, but haven't really involved it in my playstyle too much. And all the otherstuff I'm pretty familiar with. My characers are Pikachu, Capt.Falcon, Dr.Mario, and Samus but I don't like using her much anymore, got boring. I think I'm pretty decent, and should stop rambling now.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
D A T E

It looks like it will be the weekend of Friday March 9 to 11 that the tourney will happen. Can everybody make it the weekend of Friday March 9th to the 11th at Animus' place? If so we should plan on that, it's the 5th now!

SSJ2Link:
date and time are unknown - Pey has volunteered his place for a certain weekend, i have no problem making it that weekend. the date depends on the location. so how is the weekend of...the 17th or the 24th, Pey?
Ummm yeah man, I can do a tourney between 24th and 31st of March. Would anybody be interested in 2 tournaments this month, one at Animus' which will probably happen during March break or the upcoming weekend (9th to 11th), and one at Pey's place between March 24th,31st (with undisclosed prize, rules, # of setups)? I mean Animus' place sounds like a go for sure, aside from the date it looks good. But another tourney in late March? Anybody down?

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
ahhhhh, this is what im talkin about!! lets do it, this weekend. to all you guys in truro, i got you covered with the transportation haha im right buzzed up and excited for this. we gotta make this happen, this weekend.

DATE - THIS SATURDAY, MARTH 10TH.
LOCATION - ANIMUS' DOMAIN,(um...oh yeah, in COAL HARBOUR)

Jiko, send me an email with your phone number, and i'll reply with my cell number. link_2112@hotmail.com. i'll be in New Glascow on friday night, then early saturday morning i'll make my way to Truro. i dotn know my way around that place, so we gotta get maps printed out and $hit. i need good directions, and some landmarks to go by. every time i go to Truro i get lost. but that's not a big deal. we'l make our way to Halifax and get started as early as possible. i seem to remember catdog sayin something only making it for 3pm. we can make the tournament for the time that the last person can make it there. so we'l cater to whos gonna be the latest. does anybody else have any time issues?

that list i made, needs to be updated by everyone. if your going to go, or thinking about going, post it. post the % of you making to the tourney. for example, im 100%.

is there anything else that needs to be ironed out. i still havnet seen anybody OFFICALLY aggreee to ***** rules... are u reading the whole post? we need to get organized. the first step would be to agree to tbhe rules and regulations people!

i havnet practised as much as i wanted to...dam you Phantasy Star Universe. but i think i'll still whoop any of you hahah maybe...we'll see

im goin for another beer! cheers

Pey

Smash Apprentice
I'm 90% certain I'll be going unless it's early (b4 1pm). I'm down for 3pm, does that sound good to people?>\

catdog, cb_marth(PEI players!?!), and lilindian try to make this too

Animus45

Smash Rookie
Hey, this Saturday, come to my place... I can only play till about 9pm.. but i'm down to game all day before then, I'll get multiple TVs set up and stuff. Show up whenever people! we'll start the tourny once everyone's here. Address is 46 elm st. in Cole Harbour. If you need directions talk to me, or look it up on google maps.

Hope to see you all

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
Uh oh...

Crap... I don't know if i can do it for Saturday... I have a friend who was going to let me stay at his place Friday and then take me back home to Liverpool Saturday, so since he'll be gone that puts me in a jam as i need to get home, plus he's having a big party on Saturday with a bunch of close friends I haven't seen in awhile. So as much as I'd like to go to the tourney... I'd need to find another drive back to Liverpool for around probably 8:00ish pm. So that puts my percentage to about 10 I'd say... but I'll definitely try to make it happen.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Well nothing is set in stone man, the date CAN be changed to try to accomodate all people. But that's why people NEED to start coming here and saying if the dates work for them or not so we can work it out.

Top Bottom