• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
Welcome to the Nova Scotia thread. If your new just say hi, we're all friendly people ^.^ Always looking for more entries in our tournaments.

The Brawl side of things is pretty strong. There's regular tournaments and even bi-weekly's at some dude house in Halifax. Everything takes place in Halifax. This thread has become more of a discussion board for a handful of us. The majority of tournament talk takes place on the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2544130341 "Super Smash Bros. Halifax"

Melee isn't so strong. However we will have a tournament this time around. Seems like a lot of people still want to play.

So make yourself known the NS community and good luck!

S

superduperhappyfuntimego

I'm from Nova Scotia!

Dartmouth. Well....Halifax, technically....**** amagillimation(sp?)

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
cool :) how good are you? can you wave dash? l-cancel? tech? everything

who do you use?

do you have friends that play? are they any good?

S

superduperhappyfuntimego

I can't do any of that stuff yet...I'm going to learn now that I have some time off from work for Christmas.

I'm the only one of my friends that play. I think I'm good, but I have never played anyone that can be considered good. The only people I play is the computer a Level 9.

I really like Jigglypuff now. She is pretty cool. I also like Sheik, Luigi and Dr. Mario.

What about you? Who do you like to use?

airball

Smash Apprentice
Trying to find out why kids love Cinnamon Toast Cr
Well, I'm from N.S, and ca do the advanced maneovres, but... It's kinda hard to get anyone to play against as I'm only 13 and my parents mightn't be especially thrilled with me playing other smashers... Meh, you wanted NS smashers, so here I am.

I use Fox, Kirby, and sometimes Samus.

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
prince edward island pro here...member of a clan that people know as the shadow knights...if you want to play real talent ssj2link, make your way down here to charlottetown for the march tournament...20 $ entrance fee...but the winner takes home a nintendo revolution;)

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
the tournament will be during march break. we wanted to have it earlier, but i guess it makes sense to have a tournament more closer to the release of the prize. i myself, took the notion to make this tournament, doing so, it was only a few weeks later that i got together with a group of good melee players. i don't know the exact date as of now, because there's been a lot of delaying. i mean...the tournament at onep point was suppose to be january 1st. but i'll make sure i give you a heads up when i get more information. apparently it's a 20 dollar entrance fee, like i said above...that's not going to change. we're aiming for a lot of people to be in it, but incase the list gets filled up before you get a chance to register, give me your name, and i'll add you in. if you don't show...they can always just scratch your name out. it's a one kill elimination....so, yeah, there will be a lot of disapointed people, paying 20 bucks just to get eliminated at the start, but that's what makes it challenging i guess. there will be a 10 minute time limit, with about five to six stock. if you win, you relax until round 2... and work your way up. there will be two tv's going on once, so the final winner from that tv, will fight the winner from the other. i guess we could make the last match more thrilling by adding more stock. ummm...

as far as stage selection, people voted between final destination, and hyrule temple... i'm going to look farther into that however, i wouldn't mind betweening it between some of the known tournament stages, as following...

-final destination
-yoshi story
-fountain of dreams
-battle field

as far as changing characters between matches...i'll have to look into this, one of the workers will be hosting my tournament, i would,but doing so, i wouldn't be able to compeat for the prize. well anyway, this host is a cheap-skate if there ever was one, and he's been making it very difficult for me to lay down rules, because he has it stuck in his head that i'm trying to favour the tournament on myself....but i will ask him if we can change characters in between matches. i mean...everyone mains with one pacific character, but in different stages, it's nice to use characters that do well in that area...

so i guess i don't have all the information for ya, but i will get back to ya with more, it's still early in the year.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
that's plenty of info man. i have no problems with changing characters either. falco all the way baby! haha that one kill elimation is discouraging,but...could a few guys get together before or after the tourney and play for a while. that'd be killer. i know you said march break,but will it be on a weekend? that'd be perfect. i work mon - fri,but i work for my uncle so i'd be easy to get some time off. i just gotta work out getting a car, do some research on how much it'l cost to drive out there. is it just a one day thing? ill let you know soon if im gonna go for sure. i've been looking for a tournament close to NS for a while now.
im pumped!!! im playing smash as i type!!

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
yeah it'll probably be a one day thing. but if you want, you can hang out with me, and my crew before the tournament, plant ourselves infront of a tv and practice up before we enter the tournament. as far as playing after the tournament for a bit, the biggest problem with that might be the time, as far as i know, the tournaments going to be in the evening sometime, 6-7pm until midnight, or even 1am. i doubt it would cost much driving out here, but you're smart to workout pricing for gas. when i see you, i'll write down your mailing info, so that way if you take first, and become (the best in eastren canada) i'll be able to mail the revolution to you. the 1 elimination is discouraging i know. i didn't make that rule, i wanted to make it...if you lose once, you get a second chance. but again i have "cheap-skate" making the tournament rules...

i'm hardly on msn messenger, but i'll add you, so that way i can keep you up-dated daily.

as for knowing whether this is for sure or not. it looks promising. but you'll get daily updates from me none-the-less. i'm egar to enter a tournament just as much as you are, dude. so i'll do my upmost best to make this happen! (oh and i'll arrange it to be on a weekend. whether it be saturday or sunday)

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
right........you'll probably need a place to crash. my house isn't the greatest...because i'm just boarding, and sleep in a livingroom XD ..hmm...i'll check with a member of my crew, see if we can bunk there for the night after the tournament...play some smash in the morning, then call it a day.

well...scrolling up where i said i'd update you daily, let me change that a bit...i'm hardly on msn so i doubt i'll be able to update you that much, but whenever i get the chance to log onto a computer, i'll give you info. well i hope you can make it...train hard

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
right on. everything sounds good. im on msn from 5pm,after work,until 8am,before work. so yeah,ill be easy to reach there. and i get emails when you make a post here,so either way i'll get your messages. im gonna check out my exspenses now and get some details worked out and play smash of course. my name's Kevin btw. i have video's up on a website,ill try and find the address, i kinda forget now. but they'r old videos. i have new ones too. against the only guy that i know that is half decent at the game. i usually destroy him when im really trying. anyways,im out

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Hey guys whats going on..im one of the Shadow Knights haha the names Kode, and I use Black Marth. It would be cool to see some new faces at this tournament haha. Hope ya's can make it. Train Hard.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
ok,so i'll be there. 100%. is there a definate place where its going to be held. id like to get a map and mark down percise routes beforehand. i guess directions to your place, Shoun Aiako, would be best. ill go there,then we'll be all set. i cant wait,i hope nothing goes wrong. i'm a heavy Falco user. my main used to be Link,but i switched to falco recently. about how many people do you think will show up? put my name down FOR SURE. my friend might want to come,if that's not a big deal. he's not the greatest,yet. he said he might train and want to go with me,but that's just a hypothetical scenario. im just wondering if thats ok. is this tourney just a 1 on 1 thing? is there gonna be crew battles? not that i have a crew...anyways,i'll be waiting for your reply

D

DrRoboto

Alright, any other Nova Scotians, HRMers in partciular out there?
I'm going to school at the nscc in dartmouth, and have no one to practice against.....

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
my location is 153 beach grove RD apartment 5, in charlottetown...i'll give you my phone number on messenger...you can call me whenever you make it to charlottetown. once you find me i'll show you where the tournaments being held. we really want to have this tournament, the only way i could see it going bad is if we don't get the amount of people required, if we're even three people off...that takes off 60$ dollers...and it won't meet the price of the prize, but you'll get updates from me SSJ2Link. I added you to my messenger list. Now i'm still working on a place for you to stay for the night. i'm hoping we can all stay at Maaku's, he's got the biggest house lol...So i'm not trying to discourage your friend, but let me talk with Maaku first before inviting everyone to his house. I'm sure he won't mind, but i have to check first. Yes the matches will be 1 VS 1's with a 10 minute limit...'still not 100 % sure on how many stock. i still have to check with the guy who's hosting the tournament if he'll let us switch characters in between matches...I main with Link, but i like to switch between, Link, Marth, Shiek, Fox, and Ness. I'm guessing the only real crew that'll be there is Us...but because training with us before the tournament, that offically makes you a member. We need a Falco...

here's a list

Shoun (Shou/Shaw)
Main: Blue Link
Secondary: White Shiek
Third: Red Marth
Forth: Green Fox
Fifth: Yellow Ness

Kode
Main: Black Marth
Secondary: Brown Mario
Third: Red Link
Forth: Orange Fox

Seth
Main: Yellow Yoshi
Secondary: White Marth
Third: White Dr. Mario

Maaku
Main: Jiggilypuff (Crown) AKA (The Queen)
Secondary: Blue Marth
Third: Pikachu (Green hat)
Forth: Pink Peach

Kidd
Main: Red Shiek
Secondary: Yellow Peach

Mayu
Main: Purple/White Peach (Randomly changes)

Joel
Main: White Fox

We'll keep in touch...SSJ2Link.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
ok,first of all,my friend isn't going to enter. me and DrRoboto are talking about carpooling there to enter. i dunno about other people,but id be willing to chip in a little extra to make up for lost players. not too much,but i mean if im paying so much to go up there,i expect to play :p anyways, i dont need much for a place to stay. as long as i got blankets,ill sleep on the floor. and its just one night, no big deal. just so you know,i dont care what the rules are. this will be my first tourny,and my first time even playing against fellow wavedashers :D wow,you'l let me in your crew? sweet! here's my characters...

Main - Silver Falco
2nd - Black Link / Blue Y.Link
3rd - Black Dr. Mario

oh,check out this webpage i made last night , 2-1-1-2.tripod.com , its some of my stats. what's your email address Shoun? how come i didnt get a notice that you added me to your msn?

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
bring a little extra $$ to be safe...but there's a high % we'll get enough people at the tournament.

i'll readd you to messenger... i forgot to add the underscore ( _ ) in your SN...

we all welcome you as newest member of our crew. (the name Shadow Knights, was suppose to be changed months ago.) lol

if it's Wavedashing you want to see. i'm the person you'll want to take on. It's safe to say that i'm the best wave dasher on PEI. lol Kode's pretty good too...Maaku, Seth, Kidd, Joel, and Mayu don't apply it to their styles much at all. They can wave dash, they just don't use it...which is ok...Ken is rated best Smasher in the world...and he hardly Wave dashes.

We'll see about having a few tournament matches on the capture card, before or after the actually tournament. Against us ofcourse. My crew has interesting ways of making cool elimination tournaments. Well anyway...watch for me on MSN...i'll update you more then.

'till then...keep training, we have a bunch of nOOBs to take out at the tournament in march.

Shoun Aiako

Smash Apprentice
I don't know Telpeion. SSJ2Link is the one from Nova Scotia...

and Fyre...It'll be on a saturday or sunday, that i know...i don't know an exact date, but i'm always posting here, so i'll keep updating.

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
yup,i'm the nova scotian. but halifax? i'd need a good enuf reason to drive 3 hours away. go ahead...give me 1

Shoun,what's up buddy? i have a vid of me playing against my friend,Bojack. you can see my skill against a human player,regardless of his skill he can still get away. i just always cut him off ;)

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
SSJ2Link said:
yup,i'm the nova scotian. but halifax? i'd need a good enuf reason to drive 3 hours away. go ahead...give me 1
Heh, thing is my mother is going to Halifax like... next week? And I was wondering if there's anything cool in Halifax. Meeting some local smasher would almost make going worth it. I'm not sure though, it's a very short trip so I may not even be able to go (such a way to travel).

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
Shoun - hmm,i just mean...the vid i sent u was me against a Level 9 CPU. i have vids of a match with my friend. he cant wavedash or l-canel,but he can still escape from my attacks. but even when he does,im there to cut him off again. id like to send you it, how big is your email account?

and to the other guy,all i'm saying is,you'd have to be pretty **** good,and have proof of that, or im not goin to halifax :p talk to Dr. Roboto,he's right next to halifax

aw what?! i cant's say d a m n??? bull****!

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
that's applying to the whole situation of no tournament interest. i had my hopes up pretty high for this one...why me?

cb_marth

Smash Ace
lmao calm..who cares if the tournament got cancelled..its just a game. Plus theres lots of other places that will have tournaments lol. Theres better things to do all day then sit on a coach and play games all day!

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
whoa,i dont even know you and u certainly dont know me and already im the stereotypical loser that plays video games on the coach. first of all,i dont sit on a couch when i play video games,and i do a hell of alot more than that. PEI is close enough to drive to without spending alot of cash, i can go to ottawa or toronto but it'd be a waste since i wouldnt be able to stay long. im just mad that i cant go kick all ur ***** for a fair price. peace out,your gayness ^_^

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
haha i know its just a game man. a really good game. i hear lots of talk about how good you guys are,so naturally i wanted to fight you. i need a good challenge. anyways,enough about PEI. Nova Scotia people start posting
cb_marth:just post any further replys on the shadow knights thread

Catdog

Smash Rookie
sorry it took me so long to find this thread still new to this. But yeah im a NS smasher. Actually in halifax and im good.

Catdog

Smash Rookie
SSJ2Link said:
haha i know its just a game man. a really good game. i hear lots of talk about how good you guys are,so naturally i wanted to fight you. i need a good challenge. anyways,enough about PEI. Nova Scotia people start posting
cb_marth:just post any further replys on the shadow knights thread
If ur up for a challenge u should give me a shout

Rush 2112

NNID
KevinOfNine
Catdog,what's your email address? Im from cape breton,but I was planning on going up to Halifax to play against another guy,from Dartmouth. Now your another reason to go. If u got MSN add me, link_2112@hotmail.com

Top Bottom