• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
wtf is this tournament supposed to be big or something?
Thats a whole lotta rules there.

How big we talkin'? 15 people?
I'm not even trolling. I have no idea whats going on here. Is this not a normal syphers?
If this isn't trolling... you're hopeless Clyde LOOOOL, Jesus.

Max, want me to bring my recording stuff? May as well since poor Roger is stuck. =(

hot$

Smash Ace
I'm bringing my recording setup as well Redd. You can still bring yours if you want. But if you don't care enough to lug it with you, then don't worry about it. i'll be there 200% :)

Laijin

Smash Hero
If this isn't trolling... you're hopeless Clyde LOOOOL, Jesus.

Max, want me to bring my recording stuff? May as well since poor Roger is stuck. =(
Aww come on. gimme a break.
I've been on SRK for the past couple of months and playing marvel. Just cause I play other games doesn't mean I have forgotten about melee :p

Seriously, is this tournament a regional or something? Whats the attendance looking like? Depending on your answer I may or may not make an effort to practice/come. Seriously, gas is expensive. Its destroying me lol.

Edit: At the very least my time wasn't wasted >__> I'm easily one of the better players in MD at Marvel

hot$

Smash Ace

Laijin, Read the thread title -_____-
and if you were to ask me, if there was just "one" sypher's to come to, it would be this one for sure.

pretty sure there's gonna be 30+ people, but maybe more? its gonna be mad crammed lol

Laijin

Smash Hero
I know. It says "Circuit".
But I have no idea what thats suppose to mean lol.
Come on guys. I'm outta the loop obviously. Just someone explain to me whats going on and why is everyone showing up to this syphers in particular.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'm bringing my recording setup as well Redd. You can still bring yours if you want. But if you don't care enough to lug it with you, then don't worry about it. i'll be there 200% :)
Yeah, we can record two TVs! I don't mind, looooool. I can't guarantee I'll be as speedy as Epsilon >_> maybe I can send them to him to upload.

Wow, Clyde. You are indeed a lost cause. I have somewhere else that I absolutely have to be at the same time, and even I'm going to this.

pretty sure there's gonna be 30+ people, but maybe more? its gonna be mad crammed lol
Sypher said:
I have a good sized basement, so unless I get like 30 people, there's not going to be a problem with space.
LOOOOOOOOL.

hot$

Smash Ace
Yeah, we can record two TVs! I don't mind, looooool. I can't guarantee I'll be as speedy as Epsilon >_> maybe I can send them to him to upload.

Fine by me. I'm not as speedy either but for this tourney I will make an exception and upload asap.

and lol redd, nice post find. interesting to say the least!

bout to come to this to get 9th place....get at me...
^ do it.

Fine by me. I'm not as speedy either but for this tourney I will make an exception and upload asap.
Do either of you 2 have the unlimited video length permission update?

Who's channel do you want the videos on? And what do you think about MeleeAtlNorth? Sending the files to me online would take forever, if that's what you're implying. I'll just let you borrow my account for a day

Mind if I make the video thread for this tournament? I'm a pretty good video threaditor

hot$

Smash Ace
I just got that perk the other day, I saw it and was like, sick!

But yeah, i guess it doesn't matter.. I was just gonna record and upload to my channel.. But if they were all in one place i guess that would be better/helpful?

and nah, you can if you want.. I think we should have a results thread as well though.. I mean bigger tourney, i think its tourney result worth (not just like top 5 posted in this thread) but a thread of its own :p

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
EVERYBODY!
IMPORTANT NOTES!
READ THIS!

DO NOT bring items such as GameCubes, TVs, and chairs into my house unless I ask you to! There is going to be way too much **** at this venue! Refrain from bringing excessive personal belongings inside! You should still bring setups if you can though, I just need to figure out how to position things before people haul them inside!

DO NOT park your car in residential spaces! You must find a spot in Cambridge Court that has no numbers on the curb (usually on the side opposite of houses) or park along Ranger Road!

DO NOT arrive late! Tournament registration will start at 1:00 PM sharp! If you are not there, you will not be given the opportunity to enter doubles!

DO NOT wait for a setup that is being recorded! If I see anybody waiting, I will harass you terribly! If you repeat the offense I will disqualify you! Only Grand Finals will be allowed to wait on the recorded TV!

DO NOT play MMs during the tournament! I will not hesitate to burn your face off and take your money!

DO NOT play matches in the bracket that you have not been called for! This can significantly delay the tournament!

DO be respectful of the fact that this is a residential establishment and that people live in adjacent houses! Excessive noisiness will not be tolerated and I WILL kick you out if you do not comply!

DO report set victors immediately! You can play friendlies later!

DO be aware that this is not a typical biweekly! I will not hesitate to strictly enforce rules! I am not going to be nice at this tournament!

---

Tournament schedule is looking like this:

Arrival time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Doubles registration: 1:00 PM

After doubles ends, there will be a 30 to 45 minute food break, and then singles registration will start.

Remember, doubles is $20 per team and singles is $10 per person!

---

I'm posting this like every ****ing time I go online because everybody needs to read this

You can, but be mindful of space limitations.

wtf is this tournament supposed to be big or something?
Thats a whole lotta rules there.

How big we talkin'? 15 people?
I'm not even trolling. I have no idea whats going on here. Is this not a normal syphers?
There are going to be at least enough people so that we need to use a 48 man bracket.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300912

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
What do you think of having friendlies TVs outside Sypher?
Winston and I can bring a full setup if you want us to.

Hot$ where is my set vs Thumbs from last tournament

hot$

Smash Ace
It's on my laptop, I was unaware that it was tourney. I'll upload it tomorrow. (going to bed zzz) It was best 2 out of 3 correct?

Mahone

Smash Champion
Sypher and Redd, would you mind if i play Redd first round, i understand that seeding is kinda bad, but i don't really care if i lose first round, otherwise, can you make it so we play second round?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's on my laptop, I was unaware that it was tourney. I'll upload it tomorrow. (going to bed zzz) It was best 2 out of 3 correct?
Yeah, I get 2-0'd and the rest are friendlies (although I wouldn't mind having those uploaded either haha)

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
If by some chance I can stop by Fairfax on my way home Saturday, I will stick around for the singles tourney :) I was JUST in Fairfax for a show I was playing >.<

Laijin

Smash Hero
Clyde stop being annoying, the trolling is getting old and you're doing it wrong. Take some notes from CK ROFL
Dude. Not trolling. >_____>
I'm outta the loop.

You guys DO realize, although i've mentioned it several times, that I've been giving basically all my attention to everything BUT melee(Marvel, AH3, MK9). So you can't honestly expect me to be up to date with every little thing over the past couple of months(SRK has been getting a lot more of my attention). I usually have been coming on the boards, post a couple of times to reply to stuff and then not post again for another week.

But now that I know this tournament is actually going to be big I might make more of an effort to come. Thanks everyone for being a ****(except Sypher. You're cool).

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Don't let the internet hurt your feelings too much. <3

You're always that guy who is like "link me plz", so don't act like taking a few minutes to browse around the boards woulda killed ya haha. This is gonna be hype! Don't miss out.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I was honestly taking a break from melee to play other games so I can be ready for CEO, so I didn't really care to look for upcoming tournaments or whatever. But if this tournament is gonna be big its worth my attention I suppose.

Hey Vist lets team.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hmm, so apparently MD/VA turnout can get pretty legit. Might have to come down for another one of these with 3-4 WV players in the future, especially if you guys manage 30+. Time to start some MD/VA regionals, imo!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Sypher and Redd, would you mind if i play Redd first round, i understand that seeding is kinda bad, but i don't really care if i lose first round, otherwise, can you make it so we play second round?
Salt is unhealthy in large quantities, you know.

Flexiblechair

Smash Rookie
Hey I just started a post, but i figured i'd hit up all of the areas. I just got on smashboards and I live in the Fairfax, VA area near Fair Oaks mall. Lookin for any1 that wants to play sumtime (not just tournies). Hit me up on aim sn: Fleixblechair or e-mail jcompito@vt.edu

Top Bottom