• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

CTL17

Smash Lord
Regardless of who gets sent to losers, it will completely ruin the chances of getting points for some people who got sent to losers early. I theorize Mahone is angry at many people and want to try to prevent these people doing well in this tourney.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
LOOOOOL yeah Mahone is good, so I don't think us playing first round would be very good, even if it is appropriate.

Also Mahone I think I'm gonna stop letting you uthrow rest me, k?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
People in loser's should just suck it up and deal with it
Was Sypher sending Chu to loser's early bad
He rolled Wenzel me and other people going through losers but who cares ...

Bones0

Smash Legend
People in loser's should just suck it up and deal with it
Was Sypher sending Chu to loser's early bad
He rolled Wenzel me and other people going through losers but who cares ...
That was like a 12 man tourney, though. I don't want to get knocked out by Redd or Mahone when I could have beaten 2-3 more people who are closer to my skill level...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Whatever
My only gripe would be that it'd be a rather boring tournament with no friendlies to play ¬.¬
Let's set up some TVs outside and have those be friendlies TVs :D extension cords anyone?

Mahone

Smash Champion
No.

But I am curious as to why you want this done. (other than massive amounts of salt)

Doesn't seem too friendly imo.
I've been practicing the matchup and want to see if i got better.

Regardless of who gets sent to losers, it will completely ruin the chances of getting points for some people who got sent to losers early. I theorize Mahone is angry at many people and want to try to prevent these people doing well in this tourney.
I understand that, thats why mabye 2nd round would be better, i mean, that might happen anyway since the bracket will be stacked, i wouldn't be surprised if i get knocked out second round anyway, so i might as well get to lose to redd. Also im not angry at anyone lol, i want a lot of people to do well, i mean honestly there are like 5-7 people that i would probably just forfeit to, because i'd rather see them do well.

LOOOOOL yeah Mahone is good, so I don't think us playing first round would be very good, even if it is appropriate.

Also Mahone I think I'm gonna stop letting you uthrow rest me, k?
I could just stop getting upthrow upaired....

lol mahones ****in annoying
OMG how many mahones are there????

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah ****ing right. Play one of the other million foxes.

And no, you can't stop me from being near-perfect on my uthrow uairs. It's one of the few things I pride myself one. I only missed 1-2 in those sets. ^_^ gg.

What is your motivation dude? You're willing to forfeit to that many people at a circuit event? Sigh.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Yeah ****ing right. Play one of the other million foxes.

And no, you can't stop me from being near-perfect on my uthrow uairs. It's one of the few things I pride myself one. I only missed 1-2 in those sets. ^_^ gg.

What is your motivation dude? You're willing to forfeit to that many people at a circuit event? Sigh.
I could avoid the grabs....

My motivation is i just want to come up and play a bunch of my friends from nova, and i was hoping to play you to see if i got better.

Thumbs, pride match, if i win you have to take me to see Suckerpunch and pay for the tickets, if u win u can have like 20 bucks or whatever the tickets are worth.

Mahone

Smash Champion
your motivation is being a douchebag

if u really just wanted to see if u got better why dont u ask for a mm
how am i being a douchebag?

I choke against him more than anyone else in tournament so i want to get over it, why are u even talking, what does this have to do with you?

why so serious?

jus a lil competitive gameplay...i like the tension xD
lol, i don't know why everyone is getting so tense, i just asked to play him first round and everyone is like "you're a douchebag trying to ruin the tourney", i mean if its that big a deal to everyone we don't have to lol, i just watched the videos of me vs. him and saw a bunch of stuff i need to work on, so i want to play him again to see if i got better, and a lot of the mistakes are me choking, so I can't just like friendly cuz i need to practice resting when the tourney depends on it...

hot$

Smash Ace
Wenbo, your video's are going up.. Well one is up (your tourney set) and the friendly montage is uploading now.

Thought i'd update you. :bee:

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Clyde stop being annoying, the trolling is getting old and you're doing it wrong. Take some notes from CK ROFL
Dude, CK is a absolutely horrible troll. Basically everybody on smashboards is a terrible troll. What, trollface after every god damn post? Bad ideas, bad targets, no class. One of these days I'm just going to explode and tell this community off so bad. You are all terrible at "trolling."

Sypher and Redd, would you mind if i play Redd first round, i understand that seeding is kinda bad, but i don't really care if i lose first round, otherwise, can you make it so we play second round?
No, sorry, I just can't do either. I understand that you want to be put under pressure while playing against him but this has to be a professionally run tournament. Maybe at a regular biweekly when there aren't a ton of people.

Actually if both parties agree it wouldn't be bracket fixing at all
**** yes it would. Players don't get to play who they want in tournament just because they agree to it.

Whatever
My only gripe would be that it'd be a rather boring tournament with no friendlies to play ¬.¬
Let's set up some TVs outside and have those be friendlies TVs :D extension cords anyone?
Yeah, I think I might be able to get some stuff set up outside if people are cool with bringing their junk out back. It's supposed to be nice out this Saturday so that should work out. People need to bring some extension cords for all of that, though. I'll do some sweeping/cleaning out back on Friday.

That electrical bill is going to get Star KOed.
Yeah guys, I need you all to pool your money together so you can pay the additional charge on my electricity bill...

like...20¢?

your motivation is being a douchebag

if u really just wanted to see if u got better why dont u ask for a mm
Hey chillin, stop being an obnoxious ⅽunt. He shouldn't have to money match anybody to see whether he's gotten better or not. Mahone is motivated by the inherent need to always improve himself, not because he wants to prove that he's better than everyone else.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
EVERYBODY!
IMPORTANT NOTES!
READ THIS!

DO NOT bring items such as GameCubes, TVs, and chairs into my house unless I ask you to! There is going to be way too much **** at this venue! Refrain from bringing excessive personal belongings inside! You should still bring setups if you can though, I just need to figure out how to position things before people haul them inside!

DO NOT park your car in residential spaces! You must find a spot in Cambridge Court that has no numbers on the curb (usually on the side opposite of houses) or park along Ranger Road!

DO NOT arrive late! Tournament registration will start at 1:00 PM sharp! If you are not there, you will not be given the opportunity to enter doubles!

DO NOT wait for a setup that is being recorded! If I see anybody waiting, I will harass you terribly! If you repeat the offense I will disqualify you! Only Grand Finals will be allowed to wait on the recorded TV!

DO NOT play MMs during the tournament! I will not hesitate to burn your face off and take your money!

DO NOT play matches in the bracket that you have not been called for! This can significantly delay the tournament!

DO be respectful of the fact that this is a residential establishment and that people live in adjacent houses! Excessive noisiness will not be tolerated and I WILL kick you out if you do not comply!

DO report set victors immediately! You can play friendlies later!

DO be aware that this is not a typical biweekly! I will not hesitate to strictly enforce rules! I am not going to be nice at this tournament!

---

Tournament schedule is looking like this:

Arrival time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Doubles registration: 1:00 PM

After doubles ends, there will be a 30 to 45 minute food break, and then singles registration will start.

Remember, doubles is $20 per team and singles is $10 per person!

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Everyone, I'm sorry if there was some sort of misconception with the first "DO NOT" talking about not bringing stuff. I still ABSOLUTELY need people to bring TVs, GameCubes, and chairs. I just don't want to load them all into my house at once.

triple post because i can

Vist

Smash Champion
so I just realized that there is an Angelico's pizza somewhat nearby Sypher's place.

The one up here is pretty amazing so I may have to pass on dat chipotle / kfc

chillindude829

Smash Master
Hey chillin, stop being an obnoxious ⅽunt. He shouldn't have to money match anybody to see whether he's gotten better or not. Mahone is motivated by the inherent need to always improve himself, not because he wants to prove that he's better than everyone else.
lol

hes annoying as hell and i dont like him, i dont really see how expressing that makes me an "obnoxious ****"

id argue that hes the one being obnoxious by suggesting something so unfair

why shouldnt you have to money match someone to see if youve gotten better? if you dont get someone in your bracket by the luck of the draw then how else are you gonna do it? thats how its been for the 8 years ive been going to tourneys and i don't see why it should change now...

so yeah my point stands, mahone's being dumb, not sure why you supported him sypher other than you don't seem to be a huge fan of me. if he wants to guarantee himself a match w/ redd under pressure then ask for a MM, not a specific first round match which is stupid

Mahone

Smash Champion
Dude, CK is a absolutely horrible troll. Basically everybody on smashboards is a terrible troll. What, trollface after every god damn post? Bad ideas, bad targets, no class. One of these days I'm just going to explode and tell this community off so bad. You are all terrible at "trolling."

This is where the post starts getting ****.... since when has trolling become synonymous with being annoying or making a joke? There are already words for those things... use them instead.

No, sorry, I just can't do either. I understand that you want to be put under pressure while playing against him but this has to be a professionally run tournament. Maybe at a regular biweekly when there aren't a ton of people.

Thanks for being the only person to say no without calling me a douchebag, that sounds perfectly reasonable.

lol, there isn't any point in arguing, chillin only understands mms
**** post... i look forward to you fulfilling the prophecy and beating chillindude!

lol

hes annoying as hell and i dont like him, i dont really see how expressing that makes me an "obnoxious ****"

id argue that hes the one being obnoxious by suggesting something so unfair

why shouldnt you have to money match someone to see if youve gotten better? if you dont get someone in your bracket by the luck of the draw then how else are you gonna do it? thats how its been for the 8 years ive been going to tourneys and i don't see why it should change now...

so yeah my point stands, mahone's being dumb, not sure why you supported him sypher other than you don't seem to be a huge fan of me. if he wants to guarantee himself a match w/ redd under pressure then ask for a MM, not a specific first round match which is stupid
I don't understand... why do you find me annoying as hell? The only times i've ever interacted with you, i was either losing money to you or getting knocked out of a tournament by you. Honestly, i don't care either way what your opinion of me is, but i just don't remember doing anything that would make you hate me that much.

I was just suggesting it, i don't see how thats more obnoxious that the H2YL "Pay to Play" Challenge....

I don't really choke in mms, so that won't really help me.

Maybe he's supporting me because i go to tournaments on time, play my matches on time, don't take 6 hour food and "smoke" breaks, stay after singles end, don't ask people to pay to play with me.... i can keep going if you want...

chillindude829

Smash Master
I don't understand... why do you find me annoying as hell? The only times i've ever interacted with you, i was either losing money to you or getting knocked out of a tournament by you. Honestly, i don't care either way what your opinion of me is, but i just don't remember doing anything that would make you hate me that much.

I was just suggesting it, i don't see how thats more obnoxious that the H2YL "Pay to Play" Challenge....

I don't really choke in mms, so that won't really help me.

Maybe he's supporting me because i go to tournaments on time, play my matches on time, don't take 6 hour food and "smoke" breaks, stay after singles end, don't ask people to pay to play with me.... i can keep going if you want...
i was talking about your smashboards posts not us interacting at tourneys

funny that you continuously bring up the h2yl challenge as if its some ridiculous act of greed. ive said more than once that the only reason we're charging money at all is to offset the loss of venue fee if someone does beat us. its a dollar man lol. not to mention those who bring setups dont have to pay to do it

nice list of complaints about me, interestingly enough sypher has never once seemed to have a problem with any of those things, or if he did he didnt mention them to me which i figure a TO would do. and i play friendlies with plenty of people all the time, i even did with you at the first few tournies, but the way u have to play fox vs jiggs (esp vs ur kinda jiggs) doesnt make it very fun so why would i keep playing friendlies with u?

regarding the original argument, i dont see why u would choke in tournaments but not MMs, but either way its still stupid to request a specific matchup at a circuit event when you're both top 10 contenders

Mahone

Smash Champion
i was talking about your smashboards posts not us interacting at tourneys

Can you be more specific?

funny that you continuously bring up the h2yl challenge as if its some ridiculous act of greed. ive said more than once that the only reason we're charging money at all is to offset the loss of venue fee if someone does beat us. its a dollar man lol. not to mention those who bring setups dont have to pay to do it

Thats fair enough.

nice list of complaints about me, interestingly enough sypher has never once seemed to have a problem with any of those things, or if he did he didnt mention them to me which i figure a TO would do. and i play friendlies with plenty of people all the time, i even did with you at the first few tournies, but the way u have to play fox vs jiggs (esp vs ur kinda jiggs) doesnt make it very fun so why would i keep playing friendlies with u?

regarding the original argument, i dont see why u would choke in tournaments but not MMs, but either way its still stupid to request a specific matchup at a circuit event when you're both top 10 contenders
I guess sypher should have mentioned it, but does he really have to??

I mean do you honestly not think there is anything wrong with holding up tournaments by showing up late, and then on top of that disrespecting sypher and other players by holding up your matches? He's kind enough to not charge a venue fee, and if it wasn't for him you would have a lot less money, so don't you think the least you could do is be respectful?

Dude, enough with the jiggs bs, i've seen you waveshine people across the stage and then shine spike them... that might be fun for u, but some people might find that gay....

I actually almost never play jiggs in friendlies because i realize people don't like it, i mostly play falco.... back when you played me i was just learning jiggs so of course i played her, but if u ever stayed after tournaments or showed up early for a tournament, you would have seen that i rarely play jiggs in friendlies

It's probably because i don't care about money and i've played poker to the point where i just see money as an object to make more money :( its so sad...

I feel like you can't have it both ways... Redd made a PR and I'm not on the top 10 or even in the honorable mentions, but then all of sudden when i ask to play him, its stupid because i'm a "top ten contender"...

chillindude829

Smash Master
lol ur really exaggerating some of the things ur saying i do at tourneys. each and every time ive been late to a syphers ive called him in advance and asked him if i could be put in the bracket, often times he said it didnt matter because the tourney wasnt going to start on time anyway. and how often do i really hold up matches at tourneys? everyone takes breaks at syphers tournies to get food and stuff so why are u singling me out as if im a repeat offender? to be fair i normally only leave when i'm waiting on matches anyway so i have no idea where ur getting this from. if i was being "disrespectful" to sypher im sure he'd say something, the fact is his biweeklies are a relaxed environment and thus no one is too pressed about time issues; once again, im far from the only offender of "showing up late" or "holding up the bracket"

i also dont understand how or why not staying after the tourney is considered a bad thing. i play plenty of friendlies during the tourney, and after playing this game for 10 years i cant play it for as many hours in a row as i used to so why are u bringing that up like its a sin? if anyone wants to get matches with me they can ask during the tourney

and yea u dont have to be top 10 in PRs to be a top 10 contender at this specific tourney. not all of the regions best players will be there, its highly bracket dependent, and top 10 technically includes 12 people at a tourney. regardless if u think i was overestimating u thats cool, but since u and redd played each other in the finals of a (albeit small local) tourney last week i think its a little ridiculous to suggest playing first round

btw i dont really give that much of a **** about the u playing redd issue specifically, i just dont like ur attitude about the game really, or at least the way ur posts make it seem

Mahone

Smash Champion
lol ur really exaggerating some of the things ur saying i do at tourneys. each and every time ive been late to a syphers ive called him in advance and asked him if i could be put in the bracket, often times he said it didnt matter because the tourney wasnt going to start on time anyway. and how often do i really hold up matches at tourneys? everyone takes breaks at syphers tournies to get food and stuff so why are u singling me out as if im a repeat offender? to be fair i normally only leave when i'm waiting on matches anyway so i have no idea where ur getting this from. if i was being "disrespectful" to sypher im sure he'd say something, the fact is his biweeklies are a relaxed environment and thus no one is too pressed about time issues; once again, im far from the only offender of "showing up late" or "holding up the bracket"

i also dont understand how or why not staying after the tourney is considered a bad thing. i play plenty of friendlies during the tourney, and after playing this game for 10 years i cant play it for as many hours in a row as i used to so why are u bringing that up like its a sin? if anyone wants to get matches with me they can ask during the tourney

and yea u dont have to be top 10 in PRs to be a top 10 contender at this specific tourney. not all of the regions best players will be there, its highly bracket dependent, and top 10 technically includes 12 people at a tourney. regardless if u think i was overestimating u thats cool, but since u and redd played each other in the finals of a (albeit small local) tourney last week i think its a little ridiculous to suggest playing first round

btw i dont really give that much of a **** about the u playing redd issue specifically, i just dont like ur attitude about the game really, or at least the way ur posts make it seem
You might leave when you are waiting for a match, but everyone else that takes a break comes back in a reasonable amount of time. Just think about how it looks to other players when you come, win (usually splitting with chu) and then just head out. It makes it look like you are just coming for the money. If that is what you are doing that fine... it is a tournament after all, but at least own up to it, don't act surprised when the community says you don't help them.

Apparently i can't play friendlies with you during the tournament because i play jiggs.... Also, you are rarely at a tv when you are at syphers, you are usually smoking outside or something, so its not like you are trying to play with as many people as you can. If I were you, i would try to play with everyone that enters, because you make money off all of their entry fees.

I mean, most of the region's good players are coming, along with more people who I'm pretty sure sypher would seed higher than me, so I didn't think it was that ridiculous, well... first round was kind of ridiculous, but i don't think second round would be that out of the question. I mean you guys are always promoting trash talk and competition, why is it so out of line for me to ask for a rematch? And again i just asked, when sypher said no its not like i started *****ing or anything, u seem to just be making a big deal out of nothing.

What exactly do you not like about my attitude towards the game?

chillindude829

Smash Master
again i never leave for more than 15 minutes tops so i dont see where ur getting ur info from... and i JUST addressed the part about leaving right after the tourney. there are plenty of other people who regularly leave right when the tourney ends or when they're knocked out so why do u keep singling me out? people have things to do after tournies and i play friendlies with people frequently during the tourney itself

all the things u said about ur match with redd could be settled with a money match, which is the main reason i think its ridiculous to ask to specifically play him in tourney. do u know how many times ive lost to someone in tourney and hoped i got to fight them again asap? sometimes it never happens, so if i really want to prove something and i dont want to wait for the chance then ill MM them, thats how it works. to be honest it sounds like ur just having trouble accepting ur loss to redd at that tourney

u dont have the right attitude for a newer player trying to improve, u shouldnt be so focused on one player. try to beat anyone and eventually ull get ur chance to play redd

Top Bottom