• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Poker's too time consuming, as is LoL. I think I'm sticking to smash only if I show. Speaking of which, Max did you manage to fix my controller?
It's fixed. I cleaned it too.

And please no poker in my house until some people leave...space is gonna be a ***** this time around.

Max can i pay you 5 bucks to clean my controller? I keep lightshielding when i lcancel.
lol. I'll do it for free. Give it to me on Friday, though. I won't be hosting a fest this Friday so you might just want to give it to Minkyu.

Do you guys think bringing folding chairs would save more room than they would take up? I can stash a few in the car if everyone so desires.
Keep them stashed just in case.

CTL17

Smash Lord
winston probably wont be doing teams at this. so i may be teaming wiith wenbo
Whoaaaa the Wen team.

it usually isnt a problem but just to be sure everyone make sure u
****ING SHOWER and wear deodorant cause **** if u dont, max's house gonna be smelling like straight *** cheeks for days
At least we're not Brawl players. (Fun fact: Tant and I were talking during Pound 5 and he says how the Brawlers say our room smells bad.)

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Whoaaaa the Wen team.

At least we're not Brawl players. (Fun fact: Tant and I were talking during Pound 5 and he says how the Brawlers say our room smells bad.)

haha yea and we may do double falcon as well if we do team.

thats probably cause the brawlers had to walk thru the melee to get to brawl and as a result left some of their odor behind or better yet they got so used to the stank they dont know what freshness smells like haha. im leaning towards the latter lls

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Damn this looks hype can't wait! :D

Hope a lot of people play Sheik so I can see what to do.

Edit:

Also if you need setups/chairs I have like 4 folding chairs and 4 GC's if you need any let me know.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Whoaaaa the Wen team.

Gross. I play both games and I shower every day.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
My crew (Me, Thunderhorse, cmart, and might bring EE and Waffle) is interested in coming this weekend. I could bring 3 TVs, a Cube, a Wii, and maybe a few chairs if they are needed. I'd like to keep one of my setups on the side for Project M though. Is that cool with you Sypher? I think most if not all of us would enter Melee.

boss8

Smash Hero
My crew (Me, Thunderhorse, cmart, and might bring EE and Waffle) is interested in coming this weekend. I could bring 3 TVs, a Cube, a Wii, and maybe a few chairs if they are needed. I'd like to keep one of my setups on the side for Project M though. Is that cool with you Sypher? I think most if not all of us would enter Melee.
im pretty sure sypher doesnt give 2 ****s of a flyin ****....

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!

see u there -_^b

Bones0

Smash Legend
i need a teammate if teams are actually happening
If you don't find anyone better, I'd be down to be a backup teammate.
None of you *****es know about my Fox. It legit ***** now (I LEDGEDASH ALL THE TIME WENBO. YOU PROUD?).

Hope you didn't forget my Sonic challenge. It still stands! (although I realize I'm probably in over my head w/ absolutely no human practice, lulzzzz; I will just have to adapt mad quick :c)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ Yeah it should be pretty nice outside.

Hope you didn't forget my Sonic challenge. It still stands! (although I realize I'm probably in over my head w/ absolutely no human practice, lulzzzz; I will just have to adapt mad quick :c)
Ok here's a proposal for an interesting challenge: We do 10 matches in a row for a dollar each and I have to use a different character every time.

Actually I'd do this mm with pretty much anyone. Any takers?

In Project M obviously.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Using a different character each time almost sounds like an advantage
Maybe if you're forced to use someone bad haha
I might take you up on it if I get bored

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yeah, my only chance of winning will be to figure out how you play characters I've never seen played before. LOL I'll probably try to play some games to get my bearing before I do any MMs, but it's pretty safe to say I won't be wagering $10; most I would do is $1 for Sonic and Falco. I plan on MMing a lot of people so I can't be losing my ***. XD

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I really wish I could attend this upcoming tourney :( I will be in TN sadly though. If anyone is up for a smashfest next week, lemme know O_~b

Mahone

Smash Champion
thanks man, i appreciate it, sorry for advertising sypher, i just need 30 of these by tomorrow because i procrastinated so im sorta desperate.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Imma see what I can do to get the Charlottesville Krewe up in dis *****. I don't know what to do about housing though since my parents are in Istanbul that weekend (visiting my sister). Can I (and possibly one or two other smashers) crash at anyone's place? Preferably in VA so I don't have to drive up to MD. That'd be tight.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
EVERYBODY!
IMPORTANT NOTES!
READ THIS!

DO NOT bring items such as GameCubes, TVs, and chairs into my house unless I ask you to! There is going to be way too much **** at this venue! Refrain from bringing excessive personal belongings inside! You should still bring setups if you can though, I just need to figure out how to position things before people haul them inside!

DO NOT park your car in residential spaces! You must find a spot in Cambridge Court that has no numbers on the curb (usually on the side opposite of houses) or park along Ranger Road!

DO NOT arrive late! Tournament registration will start at 1:00 PM sharp! If you are not there, you will not be given the opportunity to enter doubles!

DO NOT wait for a setup that is being recorded! If I see anybody waiting, I will harass you terribly! If you repeat the offense I will disqualify you! Only Grand Finals will be allowed to wait on the recorded TV!

DO NOT play MMs during the tournament! I will not hesitate to burn your face off and take your money!

DO NOT play matches in the bracket that you have not been called for! This can significantly delay the tournament!

DO be respectful of the fact that this is a residential establishment and that people live in adjacent houses! Excessive noisiness will not be tolerated and I WILL kick you out if you do not comply!

DO report set victors immediately! You can play friendlies later!

DO be aware that this is not a typical biweekly! I will not hesitate to strictly enforce rules! I am not going to be nice at this tournament!

---

Tournament schedule is looking like this:

Arrival time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Doubles registration: 1:00 PM

After doubles ends, there will be a 30 to 45 minute food break, and then singles registration will start.

Remember, doubles is $20 per team and singles is $10 per person!

---

Normally I'd be fine with it but there is going to be a huge space issue this time around. I don't think we can afford to have a TV that doesn't have Melee on it. After the tournament is over you can go ahead and do whatever you want, though.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Haha I love how we were having all this talk about this region being dead and now we're all worried that there may be too many attendees. Too gud.

Me and at least 1 Charlottesville player (JUAN!) are coming for sure. Prepare for wreckage fellas.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Normally I'd be fine with it but there is going to be a huge space issue this time around. I don't think we can afford to have a TV that doesn't have Melee on it. After the tournament is over you can go ahead and do whatever you want, though.
Fair enough. I'll discuss it with my crew but we'll probably still come for Melee. Do you want me to bring my cube/Melee or any of my TVs?

Laijin

Smash Hero
wtf is this tournament supposed to be big or something?
Thats a whole lotta rules there.

How big we talkin'? 15 people?
I'm not even trolling. I have no idea whats going on here. Is this not a normal syphers?

Top Bottom