• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 28, 2015] E2C 20 ft. ANTi & ZeRo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Smash 4)

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
Will your future tournaments all use the pre-registration page?

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
If I wanted to enter under a different tag this tournament should I also include my previous tag in the preregistration or does it not matter?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
If I wanted to enter under a different tag this tournament should I also include my previous tag in the preregistration or does it not matter?
Just include in the question that asks about previous tournaments what your original gametag is.

Also everyone make sure to pre-register by tomorrow to get the discount on the venue fee here http://www.events2compete.com/e2c_11/

_trix_

Smash Apprentice
My friend has a stream set up, I'll ask him if he can bring it and ill comment it he says yes.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
My friend has a stream set up, I'll ask him if he can bring it and ill comment it he says yes.
We will actually be streaming the event all day all day on twitch.tv/events2compete and on our sponsor's website http://rtgn.tv. I appreciate the offer but that won't be necessary. You guys can record matches on another setup if you want to.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm bringing a car of people from Ohio. We should be on time but please don't dq us from doubles if we run a little late.

I thought smash 4 was gonna be pools but i see a double elim bracket. What's that about? Also, can two players agree to play 3 stock our is 2 stock strictly enforced?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I'm bringing a car of people from Ohio. We should be on time but please don't dq us from doubles if we run a little late.

I thought smash 4 was gonna be pools but i see a double elim bracket. What's that about? Also, can two players agree to play 3 stock our is 2 stock strictly enforced?
We won't dq you. Has everyone in your car pre-registered? If you're going to be late, can you have them all pre-register so that we can include you?

Also, the brackets are just for seeding purposes. We're doing 8 bracket pools for Smash 4 where top 4 advance, and round robin pools for every other 1v1. All 2v2's are double elimination.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
We won't dq you. Has everyone in your car pre-registered? If you're going to be late, can you have them all pre-register so that we can include you?

Also, the brackets are just for seeding purposes. We're doing 8 bracket pools for Smash 4 where top 4 advance, and round robin pools for every other 1v1. All 2v2's are double elimination.
Awesome. I've never seen a bracket pool before but I understand the concept and I think it's pretty cool. I pre-regged and I'll make sure that everyone from my car does as well. We're leaving at 5 in the AM so we should get there on time but lake effect snow can be a huge pain sometimes.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. I've never seen a bracket pool before but I understand the concept and I think it's pretty cool. I pre-regged and I'll make sure that everyone from my car does as well. We're leaving at 5 in the AM so we should get there on time but lake effect snow can be a huge pain sometimes.
Thanks ya this is our first time doing bracket pools because of the expected turnout for Smash 4. Hopefully you guys make it on time. If you're going to be late, call the venue and let them know to tell me.

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
So even though I didn't play nearly up to my standard and got ousted in Smash 4 pools, I had a great time today playing Smash with everyone. Can't wait til I can go to another!

~EFB Lithium

Last edited:

chewchachoman

Smash Rookie
Hey i've been looking for more events around chicago. How often do you hold events and are there any others?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hmm...maybe.
What's the turnouts for these?

& does any1 have decent housing?

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Hey i've been looking for more events around chicago. How often do you hold events and are there any others?
Hey we have monthlies like this and weeklies on Wednesday nights in Chicago at Mad River and Sundays at Stadium in Rolling Meadows.

Hmm...maybe.
What's the turnouts for these?

& does any1 have decent housing?
Last tournament was 200 players or so with 138 for Smash 4. If you post early enough someone will offer you housing. I know a lot of Ohio players were interested in attending.

chewchachoman

Smash Rookie
Damn 200 people sounds interesting i moght come by to just check things out. Maybw tey to get some frienslies on my 3ds

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Do we know where in Chicago it will be held and at what time does Wii U start?

Peeko

Smash Cadet
Yes it will be streamed on twitch.tv/events2compete and there will probably be about 200-300 players there. We've had over 200 the past couple of tournaments. Last time we had 138 players register for Smash 4.
cool ill probably be there. And when will the event location be posted?
Cuz i saw its probs at notrhwestern.

Top Bottom