• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 28, 2015] E2C 20 ft. ANTi & ZeRo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Smash 4)

mouaad94

Smash Rookie
NNID
mouaad93
3DS FC
4468-1961-7948
So since I can't upgrade to 3.6, I can't use my Wii for the tournament? And one more thing, can you get double discounts for bringing a Melee setup and a PM setup for example or can you only get one $4 discount?

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
So since I can't upgrade to 3.6, I can't use my Wii for the tournament? And one more thing, can you get double discounts for bringing a Melee setup and a PM setup for example or can you only get one $4 discount?
Yes you can get double discounts if you get there in time and we need your setup. But, we won't be able to use it unless you upgrade. It's simple to upgrade if you just download the new version on your sd card.

mouaad94

Smash Rookie
NNID
mouaad93
3DS FC
4468-1961-7948
Yes you can get double discounts if you get there in time and we need your setup. But, we won't be able to use it unless you upgrade. It's simple to upgrade if you just download the new version on your sd card.
Alright then, thank you. If. I get there at about 10 AM, I would be will the stream be live or not yet? Would I be able to set up a system on stream?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Alright then, thank you. If. I get there at about 10 AM, I would be will the stream be live or not yet? Would I be able to set up a system on stream?
Doors open at 10:30 am tomorrow. We have our own stream setup so you don't need to worry about that.

king kam

Smash Rookie
uote="Events2Compete, post: 19634335, member: 231389"]Weekly or monthly?[/quote]
Im talking about monthly

pchsrb

Smash Rookie
So, i have a couple of questions. First, is it ok if i borrow a controller, i currently have to use a fightpad and i would prefer to not have the latency in a tournament, secondly, what is the cost of it. And are we allowed to bring friends even if they are not participating, and if so do you still have to pay for them?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
So, i have a couple of questions. First, is it ok if i borrow a controller, i currently have to use a fightpad and i would prefer to not have the latency in a tournament, secondly, what is the cost of it. And are we allowed to bring friends even if they are not participating, and if so do you still have to pay for them?
You would have to borrow a controller from another player. We don't have any to lend. Venue fee is usually between $10 and $15 depending on how early you register, and entry fee is $10 per event. Your friends can watch but there is a $5 visitor fee which allows them to free play for the whole day.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
Brawl - generated a lot of hype for us. Brawl is no longer popular in Chicago since almost all Brawl players converted to Smash 4.
"Brawl - generated a lot of hype for us. Brawl is no longer popular in Chicago since almost all Brawl players converted to Smash 4."

Well of course nobody will show up for a Brawl only tournament......

Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that some handful of the Brawl players that converted to Smash 4, still sign sign up for Brawl because they might as well and that was equal to the number of Smash 64 sign ups.... Is that right or wrong?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
"Brawl - generated a lot of hype for us. Brawl is no longer popular in Chicago since almost all Brawl players converted to Smash 4."

Well of course nobody will show up for a Brawl only tournament......

Correct me if I'm wrong, I was under the impression that some handful of the Brawl players that converted to Smash 4, still sign sign up for Brawl because they might as well and that was equal to the number of Smash 64 sign ups.... Is that right or wrong?
The last two tournaments we ran for Brawl each had under 20 entrants. Here is the issue with running Brawl at our monthlies. #1 it takes away PM setups. #2 it holds up other brackets with players entering both Brawl and Smash 4 or other games. #3 It takes up CRT's which can be used for Melee, PM or Smash 4. #4 it adds more pressure on TO's to get another bracket moving while taking our focus away from finishing Smash 4 which starts before and ends after all other events. It is stressful enough running 4 different games. #5 Running a 5th game when more than 90% of players for Brawl are playing Smash 4 is basically unnecessary. It does not increase the attendance overall and only prolongs the day.

If anything, we are looking to do the opposite and lower the number of games we are already running for Smash. Running Brawl is basically out of the question unless it's a 2 day event.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
The last two tournaments we ran for Brawl each had under 20 entrants. Here is the issue with running Brawl at our monthlies. #1 it takes away PM setups. #2 it holds up other brackets with players entering both Brawl and Smash 4 or other games. #3 It takes up CRT's which can be used for Melee, PM or Smash 4. #4 it adds more pressure on TO's to get another bracket moving while taking our focus away from finishing Smash 4 which starts before and ends after all other events. It is stressful enough running 4 different games. #5 Running a 5th game when more than 90% of players for Brawl are playing Smash 4 is basically unnecessary. It does not increase the attendance overall and only prolongs the day.

If anything, we are looking to do the opposite and lower the number of games we are already running for Smash. Running Brawl is basically out of the question unless it's a 2 day event.

Wow,,, i really didn't know it was running as a 1 day event.... that is 2 much to crammmmmm......

I would reccomend removing Smash 64 from the line up b/c the game entrants has a similar number of entrants as Brawl and it suffers the same overlap issues as Brawl......

Alsom I would reccomend not having PM and melee at the same day,,,,,,, b/c many people who sign up 4 Melee sign up for PM and thats another OVERLAP.......

otherwise u have 2 make this a 2-day event as far as I believe.....

correct me if im wrong...

ghostgat0r

Smash Rookie
I'm a smash 4 3ds player, but im hesitant to RSVP. is the 3ds a viable controller for this tournament? and as a heavy 3ds player will i have an opportunity to practice a bit with the wii u on a larger screen? but mostly i want to know if 3ds is an ok controller option

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Wow,,, i really didn't know it was running as a 1 day event.... that is 2 much to crammmmmm......

I would reccomend removing Smash 64 from the line up b/c the game entrants has a similar number of entrants as Brawl and it suffers the same overlap issues as Brawl......

Alsom I would reccomend not having PM and melee at the same day,,,,,,, b/c many people who sign up 4 Melee sign up for PM and thats another OVERLAP.......

otherwise u have 2 make this a 2-day event as far as I believe.....

correct me if im wrong...
Well this isn't our first time running a schedule like this. We have been doing this every month for the past year now. 64 doesn't have overlap because 64 players mainly play 64 only and it doesn't prevent setups for other games. Melee and PM also don't overlap and PM runs after Melee is done. Two day events are not possible to run every month and we save them for big regional events every now and then.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I'm a smash 4 3ds player, but im hesitant to RSVP. is the 3ds a viable controller for this tournament? and as a heavy 3ds player will i have an opportunity to practice a bit with the wii u on a larger screen? but mostly i want to know if 3ds is an ok controller option
Yes you can use a 3DS as a controller for the tournament. Several players do that.

Are amiibos allowed
No amiibos are not allowed in any form for any smash 4 events.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
Well this isn't our first time running a schedule like this. We have been doing this every month for the past year now. 64 doesn't have overlap because 64 players mainly play 64 only and it doesn't prevent setups for other games. Melee and PM also don't overlap and PM runs after Melee is done. Two day events are not possible to run every month and we save them for big regional events every now and then.
So I just want to clarify

64 players mostly play 64 only
Melee players play melee only
Project M players play Project M only
Smash Wii U players play Smash Wii U only
Brawl players also play Smash Wii U and other games?

Is that the case?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
So I just want to clarify

64 players mostly play 64 only
Melee players play melee only
Project M players play Project M only
Smash Wii U players play Smash Wii U only
Brawl players also play Smash Wii U and other games?

Is that the case?
No 64 players mainly play 64. Melee players play PM as well but that doesn't matter because Melee and PM don't overlap. Smash 4 players mostly came from Brawl. Most Melee players hate Smash 4 so there is little overlap between the two but some players play both.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
No 64 players mainly play 64. Melee players play PM as well but that doesn't matter because Melee and PM don't overlap. Smash 4 players mostly came from Brawl. Most Melee players hate Smash 4 so there is little overlap between the two but some players play both.
Actually, Smash 4 players are also alot of them are newcomers & former Brawl players........
and the people who DO sign up for both Smash 4 and Brawl are the TOP professional players, from my research..... the rest of the smash 4 players who don't are the newbies or not very known pros.....

Melee players play PM as well but that doesn't matter because Melee and PM don't overlap.
When u say that, ur talking about timing (schedule)-wise right?

so i think u should keep the roster just the way it is if thats the case,,,,,,,,,,

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Smash 4 players are also alot of them are newcomers & former Brawl players........
and the people who DO sign up for both Smash 4 and Brawl are the TOP professional players, from my research..... the rest of the smash 4 players who don't are the newbies or not very known pros.....

Melee players play PM as well but that doesn't matter because Melee and PM don't overlap.
When u say that, ur talking about timing (schedule)-wise right?

so i think u should keep the roster just the way it is if thats the case,,,,,,,,,,
Most competitive Smash 4 players came from another Smash game like Brawl. There are very few Brawl tournaments anywhere anymore because the scene has basically died since Smash 4 came out. And yes, we are talking about timing based on the schedule for that day's events.

shadee88

Smash Apprentice
Most competitive Smash 4 players came from another Smash game like Brawl. There are very few Brawl tournaments anywhere anymore because the scene has basically died since Smash 4 came out. And yes, we are talking about timing based on the schedule for that day's events.
Other than e2c, doesn't smash 64 fall under the similar obscurity bucket like brawl, bc I don't see too many ssb64 tournaments. Mostly melee and wii u...

Top Bottom