• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Nov 28, 2015] E2C 20 ft. ANTi & ZeRo in Hoffman Estates, IL (Smash 4)

IndieMadhatter

Smash Cadet
is this tournament still also going to be hosted on the 27th of December? I went to the one last month on the 29th and had a great time and was wondering if there is going to be another one any time soon?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
is this tournament still also going to be hosted on the 27th of December? I went to the one last month on the 29th and had a great time and was wondering if there is going to be another one any time soon?
Glad to hear that. The next tournament will likely be on Jan. 24th. Still need to confirm that. Though if you're interested in a smaller event in the meantime, check out my Wednesday night weekly events at Mad River https://www.facebook.com/events/594841533954687/

IndieMadhatter

Smash Cadet
aight, I may go to one during winter break, but I definitely will go to the 24th one, right after finals if i remember correctly thank god, will need the breather lmfao

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
aight, I may go to one during winter break, but I definitely will go to the 24th one, right after finals if i remember correctly thank god, will need the breather lmfao
That's good to hear but there's only two weeks left for the Wednesday league before the top 8 tournament. You can still come to the top 8 for friendlies or a small tournament. We'll see next year if we'll continue doing the league or not.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
May I ask why you have such a limited stagelist for Smash Wii U?

I see you have Delfino Legal, but not Skyloft or Wuhu Island? That's very strange. Also, where is Duck Hunt? The stage works perfectly good for tournament play (I know personally since we run it in all of our Hypest Tournaments).

Any explanation on this?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
May I ask why you have such a limited stagelist for Smash Wii U?

I see you have Delfino Legal, but not Skyloft or Wuhu Island? That's very strange. Also, where is Duck Hunt? The stage works perfectly good for tournament play (I know personally since we run it in all of our Hypest Tournaments).

Any explanation on this?
That's what the Chicago players voted on doing for the previous tournament we had last week. I may change it for the upcoming tournament. I'd like to see what stages other organizers use and consider other stages to include.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
That's what the Chicago players voted on doing for the previous tournament we had last week. I may change it for the upcoming tournament. I'd like to see what stages other organizers use and consider other stages to include.
I should totally link you to the results from the /r/smashbros stage legality poll. We had over 400 people respond with what stages they thought should be legal, and it's very close to the stagelist we run which made me excited. Plus the thread here on smashboards that link goes to is the stage discussion thread, you can learn all about all of the stages and teach folks in Chicago about them too so you can make an informed decision.

I'm seriously happy to hear you're open t suggestions, thanks a ton for not closing yourself off from suggestions like some TOs do :)

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I should totally link you to the results from the /r/smashbros stage legality poll. We had over 400 people respond with what stages they thought should be legal, and it's very close to the stagelist we run which made me excited. Plus the thread here on smashboards that link goes to is the stage discussion thread, you can learn all about all of the stages and teach folks in Chicago about them too so you can make an informed decision.

I'm seriously happy to hear you're open t suggestions, thanks a ton for not closing yourself off from suggestions like some TOs do :)
Thanks I just posted it on the Chicago Smash 4 page and everyone is discussing it there now. https://www.facebook.com/groups/717465861667368/758275784253042/?notif_t=group_comment

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Nice I might come to this. I live in the northern suburbs so I'm planning on using the train if I go. Where will it be held? Will it be somewhat close to Union Station?

Visadin

Smash Rookie
Hello, First time going to a tournament in the next event, i am wondering if the time is correct if it 11:00 PM i.e. at night or is that a typo.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Nice I might come to this. I live in the northern suburbs so I'm planning on using the train if I go. Where will it be held? Will it be somewhat close to Union Station?

Hello, First time going to a tournament in the next event, i am wondering if the time is correct if it 11:00 PM i.e. at night or is that a typo.
Good to hear guys. Thanks for pointing out the time issue. Only the date is set now, but still need to finalize everything else. Also, we'll probably be doing pre-registration for this event and the link for that will be posted here once that's ready.

m00n__kid

melee maniac
imma do my best to get off of work and attend on the 24th. also i was at the first few wednesday night weekly events at Mad River but missed the last few :( is the last one next week?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
imma do my best to get off of work and attend on the 24th. also i was at the first few wednesday night weekly events at Mad River but missed the last few :( is the last one next week?
Good to hear and yes last one is next Wednesday. Hope to see you there.

Lewdenburg

Smash Rookie
Do you think that it would be possible for SD Remix to be played at one of your tournaments?
I understand it might not be played so much, and it might be a bit troublesome to install, but could it be possible to be played?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Do you think that it would be possible for SD Remix to be played at one of your tournaments?
I understand it might not be played so much, and it might be a bit troublesome to install, but could it be possible to be played?
It wouldn't be allowed for tournament play. If someone brought it for free play that would be fine.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Why can't it be allowed for tournament play? It's a shame that it can't be played, but I'm curious as to why
Because it would be too difficult to get that on every setup and the easier solution is to keep everything vanilla. Also it would throw off players not used to SD remix and be a disadvantage to anyone that didn't prepare for it. It wouldn't work for a tournament of this size. If there was a small event or gathering that would be more acceptable.

YSSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToXiC_YSSilver
3DS FC
1263-8230-0369
will there be certain characters that you will not be able to use?, also this is my first tournament is there a listing for rules? and are there going to be customs or no?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that bit bugged out for me last night, not sure if it was an isolated incident or not.
What happened when you went to the site? It might have been when I was making a few modifications. Let me know if it's still not working.

will there be certain characters that you will not be able to use?, also this is my first tournament is there a listing for rules? and are there going to be customs or no?
Only Mii's are not allowed and no custom moves. I'll post the rules from the previous tournament and they most likely be the same, but we may add a few more counterpick stages. Also we most likely will change it to 3 stock and 8 minutes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1njD1gX3PgNI4UdZYmH3cqVqIwav7NXfkxPUl7cizEzI/pub

YSSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToXiC_YSSilver
3DS FC
1263-8230-0369
Do I register online or do I register when I get there do I need to bring like my gamecube controller or game or console?

YSSilver

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToXiC_YSSilver
3DS FC
1263-8230-0369
are there going to be gamecube controller adapters at each match?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I know there's still lots of time for sign ups, but curious as to his many have signed up for melee?
As of now just a few, but most people won't be signing up until the last few days or the day of. We estimate over 40 players for Melee based on the last 2 tournaments that had over 40.

Top Bottom