• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

sidefx

Smash Champion
i dont see why youre mad. for me it is casual talk. let me defend myself:

youre probably thinking about posts from many years ago. i stopped doing that a long time ago cuz i realized how it makes ppl react. but when i bring up an opinion (which everyone does, such as "i like this ranking") it probably just reminds you of old times.

i comment on the rankings because they are interesting. i thought the comment about good people no longer being ranked was legit, but alan demonstrated why the rankings turn out the way they do, and i respect his opinion. the rankings are an empirical way to represent who gets the best tournament results in the region, especially the bay area region because the competition is strongest here.

all i'm saying is i know there's people like jeff or bob$ who are really good players and it's strange to see them off.

it is also fun for me to say that there really could be people from outside the bay who can break into the ranks, because they have before, like DP and Bizzarro Flame. is that so wrong? this has nothing to do with myself. i'm aware of my own skill level and i don't care whether i'm ranked or not

my personality has changed a lot and i'd appreciate if you stopped bringing up old stuff. let's be civil. sorry if you were offended by that jab i took at you with a trollface, it was meant to be a joke. i just thought it was funny to look at.

its obvious there are a bunch of people who are inactive in the bay area who would be on that list. but thats the thing, they dont show up.. so.. theres no reason to put them on there. so that top 10 reflects the current ACTIVE scene.

and you still sound the same to me.. i dont really see any change tbh, youve always had snide remarks when it comes to rankings, it just seems youre eternally bitter for some damn reason, and its ****ing annoying having to look at your dumb comments after everyone of these. and no theyre not from years ago.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah choknater, i bet if we polled people who followed this thread to see who cared about the rankings the most, you'd be #1 on most people's lists - whether that's the way it is or not, it's certainly the way you come across

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well, i'm sorry if that's how i come across. i just subscribe to a lot of threads and make posts whenever something happens.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I'd call into question your skill level and how you shouldnt be making that comment, but imma just be sardonic about it by saying the aforementioned things.

And then posting a gif if you attempt to respond to me.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
You can't have a stack with just one person.

I think most people understand at the point that the majority of Norcal is inactive. We've laid the framework in defining the definition of "inactive" in the OP and we're sticking with it.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
i love u too alan <3

u still owe me chinese food homie!

waiting for you guys to hold a nice tourny so i can carpool up thurr

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Anyone in 707 area code? More specifically, the Eureka area or near Humboldt? It seems to me that there is nobody up here that plays smash. Need someone to practice with!

:phone:

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
All I know is that there are 2-3 cars:

I know Boback is driving and Sheridan is driving

Sheridan's Car
- Sheridan, Nick (UCSC), Erick (UCSC), JoeReplicate

Boback's Car
- Boback, Alan, Dajuan, SFAT, Bob$

There might be 1 more car, not sure

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
add Trumezzy to Sheridans car and remove Zac from out car and you have it right.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
Anyone in 707 area code? More specifically, the Eureka area or near Humboldt? It seems to me that there is nobody up here that plays smash. Need someone to practice with!

:phone:

We have a smash group in Yuba City, but that is still a few hours away from you. :(

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Update!
Norcal is the best.
New feature: previous placing is in blue if the player returns to the rankings after a period of inactivity.

Top Bottom