• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah man. phil surprised the crap out of me last tourny. adapted mid-set and pushed in my poop last game

that guy, too good at playing the game and commentating

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
If smashboards had a like button i would like bobby's and andre's comment
<3

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Update! Norcal sucks too much to rank 15.

This may or may not be a causative factor in my first time breaking 10 in the 5.5 year history of these rankings.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea lol

i think despite what the rankings say

there are still PLAYERS in norcal that could beat people in this ranking if they wanted to. these rankings reflect who is doing well in tournament, and i like that they do that now. but of course, it is not so easy for these people to beat silentspectre.

perhaps it is more fitting to his name that he is off the rankings now. LOL

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
yea lol

i think despite what the rankings say

there are still PLAYERS in norcal that could beat people in this ranking if they wanted to
. these rankings reflect who is doing well in tournament, and i like that they do that now. but of course, it is not so easy for these people to beat silentspectre.

perhaps it is more fitting to his name that he is off the rankings now. LOL

the rankings don't say otherwise (regarding the bolded). the rest is w/e. yeah, jeff could waltz in and be favored against most of this list, but the # of players who could do that is small.

edit: i'd also generally be wary of writing people off b/c others have gone "inactive." iirc that's what people were saying about dajuan in this very thread and that looks pretty silly now. good chunk of this list has made a lot of noise in tournaments recently. don't sleep

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I feel like the notion that any of the former number 1s (or top players in general) could come back and instantly do as well is just nostalgia or ignorance talking.

In some cases, this is a valid thought, but people seem to think that the remainder of the region just stayed stagnant, in the absence of the old players.

Of course the only way to actually determine if it could happen is if it did (or didnt) happen.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nobody is sleeping, tarheel. i'm only saying that the region is good! like this said, i like this ranking, save maybe boback at 10th :troll:

sidefx

Smash Champion
nobody is sleeping, tarheel. i'm only saying that the region is good! like this said, i like this ranking, save maybe boback at 10th :troll:
if you think you know another ACTIVE person who would represent the number 10 spot better than myself then be my guest.

i dont understand why after every ranking you decide to chime in on how bad the list is or how skewed it is, when you NEVER show up to tournaments.

just make your own list dude, youll be number one no doubt

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just went to a tournament yesterday lol, and going to 1 or 2 more this month.

too bad they are outside of "norcal"!

and i cant think of anyone else for 10

sidefx

Smash Champion
we'll start including sac when sac players come to the bay area consistently.

last time sac was included in the norcal power rankings (WHERE ALL THE BEST PLAYERS ARE) was back in 2005-6. but its ok dude, keep going to those tournaments and getting first so you think youre really ****ing good or some ****.

youre really good dude

edit: also im not sure exactly how you expect us to include you in the rankings when theres absolutely not objective way to compare your wins and losses to anyone on the list.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol boback

where did u get the idea that i wanted to be ranked

i just say my opinions just like everybody else does regarding whether they like it, don't like it, looks weird, looks accurate, etc

Shroomed

Smash Master
As long as I see Shroomed #1, I'm happy.

Too bad that I live here for that SFAT guy. If I wasn't here he could potentially be #1. He can only dream.

sidefx

Smash Champion
lol boback

where did u get the idea that i wanted to be ranked

i just say my opinions just like everybody else does regarding whether they like it, don't like it, looks weird, looks accurate, etc
you have a history of bringing up the fact that you always go to other tournaments or that you should be ranked or how the list is messed up, granted thats your opinion i dont care what you say about that but when you constantly ***** about not being ranked (and you have, im too lazy to search your ****ty posts on smashboards, and fb) its easy to assume that every time you comment on rankings that youre doing the same **** over and over and over again.

you do it ALLL the time. its getting really ****ing annoying.

imagine if sac came up with their own ranking, and i came on that thread and commented on how marthmater69 shouldnt be 8th cause hes not good enough. that sounds dumb as **** doesnt it?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Um, you guys REALLY need to lay off Marthmaster69.

That guy gets so much ****ing crap for no reason. You guys prolly dont even know him...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i dont see why youre mad. for me it is casual talk. let me defend myself:

youre probably thinking about posts from many years ago. i stopped doing that a long time ago cuz i realized how it makes ppl react. but when i bring up an opinion (which everyone does, such as "i like this ranking") it probably just reminds you of old times.

i comment on the rankings because they are interesting. i thought the comment about good people no longer being ranked was legit, but alan demonstrated why the rankings turn out the way they do, and i respect his opinion. the rankings are an empirical way to represent who gets the best tournament results in the region, especially the bay area region because the competition is strongest here.

all i'm saying is i know there's people like jeff or bob$ who are really good players and it's strange to see them off.

it is also fun for me to say that there really could be people from outside the bay who can break into the ranks, because they have before, like DP and Bizzarro Flame. is that so wrong? this has nothing to do with myself. i'm aware of my own skill level and i don't care whether i'm ranked or not

my personality has changed a lot and i'd appreciate if you stopped bringing up old stuff. let's be civil. sorry if you were offended by that jab i took at you with a trollface, it was meant to be a joke. i just thought it was funny to look at.

Top Bottom