• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here's a graph that shows the Crude Birth Rates (I added Japan, US, UK, and China). This takes the live births minus the deaths per year to show much the population increases per 1,000 people.

Japan is in lot worse shape (The current US/UK/China numbers are comparable to the 1984 numbers), especially when considering Japan's total population size.

The US is on a decline, but it's kind of hard to fully tell if it'll even out or not.
Wow, I checked that site and I'm impressed that my country's birthrate is just as low and as much in decline as Japan...

On the other hand, it's a smaller country, so the same statistic may have different meaning. Regardless, it is a global tendency, judging by the data on several countries.

Then again, there have been economical issues and a rise in emigration here. People either don't have desire or financial conditions to have kids or emigrate and have kids outside of the country and not considered as having Portuguese nationality.

Honestly, there's a positive side to this question as it alleviates the problem of overpopulation, but it goes without saying that it does cause other problems such as a higher percentage of elderly people, which is certainly a problem where I am.

Project X Zone 2 getting a demo on the 21st.
The demo looks to be the same as the Japanese version so:

Pair units:
Reiji & Xiaomu
Chris Redfield & Jill Valentine
Kiryu & Majima
Jin & Kazuya
Dimitri & Morrigan

Support units:
Phoenix Wright & Maya Fey
Heihachi
Ooh, looks like I'll have something to look forward to.

Burruni

Smash Hero

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
D

Deleted member

I just thought of something else the movie news could mean. What if the theories are true and Z expands the kalos dex? As in the past the movie could showcase new mons.

Since this would be the first time a 3rd game added new mons it could be considered world shattering and shock the whole world?
I doubt it but I would love to see them do it tbh
I mean, ORAS already has exclusive Megas so it's not that :083:
#FE is the perfect example for how "only the gameplay needs to be good for a game to be good" is a false statement.

Your gameplay can be fine but if the context and setting for your gameplay isn't appropriate then people won't like it.

The main issue is the fact that Smash isn't just a game Nintendo fans play anymore. It has it's own fan base that exists in it's own little bubble.

As a result, there is a difference between Smash fans and Nintendo fans now. Smash fans who speculate on characters only base it on what they see within the Smash fan base most of the time. That's why your K.Rools and Ridleys are perceived as the most popular choices within the Smash fan base, but ultimately aren't that popular on a global level among anyone who likes Nintendo games and plays Smash for that. Then when a character who is genuinely popular on a global level among Nintendo fans gets in, the Smash fan base throws a tantrum about how Sakurai never listens. Rosalina remains the best example of this. She was moderately requested within the Smash fan base but didn't really make waves. But she's one of Nintendo's most popular characters, if not the most popular Nintendo character, that doesn't come from the classic Nintendo era (the only characters that are comparable are Inklings and even they will need a few more years to catch up especially since they debuted on the Wii U. Oh and maybe Lucario and Isabelle, they are similar to Rosalina in this aspect, actually). So her inclusion is in actuality, a no-brainer.

But because the Smash fan base was stuck in their bubble, they threw a tantrum about it and then the "Nintendo's Lightning" meme was literally born the day Rosalina was announced for Smash.

I could mention a bunch more issues with the Smash fan base. But they may be a bit more subjective and may even offend some people. But this is the one thing I think we can all agree on. Smash fans and Nintendo fans are no longer the same thing.
I cannot express how much I love you for this post

Character swapping is now possible, so excited for this!
I can't wait to give Lucario Mewtwo's moveset :troll:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm gonna buy Fates.

Probably the special version.

It'd take a lot to steer me away from the game.

Actually, yeah you do to be an otaku.

Otaku isn't liking certain things.

It's liking things to the point of obsession. To where it detracts from other areas of your life.
Tell me if you manage to even FIND the special version anywhere. I've been trying to find it since the direct. ;-;

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
something something ride a human something something

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

They aren't for me. They're a Christmas present for my friend.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/yacht-...a-3d-shovel-knight-game-that-recaptures-the-m

It was probably already talked about, but along with a second Shovel Knight game, they specifically would like to make it 3D and make it play like Super Mario 64.

---------

Also regarding Smash 4 model swaps I think would be funny:

-If Luma is model swappable, swap Rosalina for Sonic and Luma for a Chao.
-Rosalina and Ganondorf swapped. It might actually look semi-presentable due to the similar sizes and would still be really funny.
-Ike and Cloud swapped.
-Marth and Lucina swapped. :V
-Pit and Dark Pit swapped. :V
-Mario and Dr. Mario swapped. :V

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now I want everyone in the game to this:

Somehow I got to this from that video
This is why you don't let Ganondorf enter the Olympics :ganondorfmelee:
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/yacht-...a-3d-shovel-knight-game-that-recaptures-the-m

It was probably already talked about, but along with a second Shovel Knight game, they specifically would like to make it 3D and make it play like Super Mario 64.

---------

-Rosalina and Ganondorf swapped. It might actually look semi-presentable due to the similar sizes and would still be really funny.
-Ike and Cloud swapped.
Butt Butt 64?
I'd back it if I had money
- - -
Better yet
Mario with Wario
Because that'd be funny as hell seeing :mariomelee: taunting on a bike and eating people

Chrono.

---------

-Ike and Cloud swapped.
SK2 being 3D would probably be amazing.

Shovel Knight has a real interesting setting and it'd be nice to see it in 3D.

I'm guessing it'd be something like Mario 64 + Megaman Legends.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Shovel Knight 64...

No, I don't see Mario 64.

I see it being "English" Goemon.

Edit: Imagine an actual Chain Shovel.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I found this interesting Pokemon interview here:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/

Our interview also touched on the upcoming Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes for 3DS. Asked why Game Freak went down that route instead of creating, say, a "Pokemon Z" to follow 2013's X/Y, Masuda said the developer is always looking to surprise players.

"For example, if after Black and White we came out with a grey, people would have been expecting that," he said. "Same thing with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So we're always just trying to surprise people."
"There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example," he said. "Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."
He seems to be wanting surprise people this time, and if surprises indicate games like Pokken Tournament and Pokemon Go, I think there's less of a chance of Z happening this year due to how obvious the game is.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/

He seems to be wanting surprise people this time, and if surprises indicate games like Pokken Tournament and Pokemon Go, I think there's less of a chance of Z happening this year due to how obvious the game is.
Trying to surprise people =/= they wont make it happen.

They can surprise the fans by making other kinds of games. Pokemon Z would probably release whether its a surprise or not. Too many new legendaries coming out to not make a sequel, and its the 20th anniversary.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Trying to surprise people =/= they wont make it happen.

They can surprise the fans by making other kinds of games. Pokemon Z would probably release whether its a surprise or not. Too many new legendaries coming out to not make a sequel, and its the 20th anniversary.
Not saying its 100% not going to happen. Just less of a chance of happening after reading the interview.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

They've said this before and I'm glad to see they're sticking to it.
I want to see a true, Nintendo 64-styled game, graphics and all, and I would love if that game was Shovel Knight.

I imagine it being a combination of Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Mega Man Legends.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Not saying its 100% not going to happen. Just less of a chance of happening after reading the interview.
Im not really seeing how. Its not like because it becomes predictable and suddenly they say "We want to surprise the fans" that the chances of Pokemon Z happening would lower. Of course, if thats what you think, then Im ok with that. I cant really argue over a game that doesnt really exist yet XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it means more that it won't be Pokemon Z but somethink like B2W2
I mean, it's not like I expect Z 100% but it's just that it's easier to call the new unnanounced game that instead of "the next main Pokemon game"

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If you don't want Scrafty in Pokken, you need to get your head examined. :smash:

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I thought maybe they'd do something similar to B2W2, but with a twist.

Pokemon Z, and Pokemon Delta Emerald. Sister games, but in different regions. Same/similar story between the two. Something about Zygarde and Rayquaza being connected, etc. Beat the main game to unlock the other game's region. Hell, maybe bring back Pokemon following you to appeal to the fans.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Famitsu Stuff:
Hyrule Warriors: Legends
Streetpass will be used in Adventure Mode (I think known before).
WindWaker story starts after the main story.
Control the camera using the C-stick.
No concrete DLC plans right now.

Sakurai wrote about Fallout 4, and how it added meaning behind the thousands of useless items in the world.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Pokemon Z, and Pokemon Delta Emerald. Sister games, but in different regions. Same/similar story between the two. Something about Zygarde and Rayquaza being connected, etc. Beat the main game to unlock the other game's region. Hell, maybe bring back Pokemon following you to appeal to the fans.
One matter.
We have basically no reason to expect Delta Emerald.

We didn't get Thunder Yellow.
We didn't get Mind Crystal.
And Emerald kinda already got an expansion of the story of Rayquaza in the Delta Episode itself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I doubt it but I would love to see them do it tbh
I mean, ORAS already has exclusive Megas so it's not that :083:

I cannot express how much I love you for this post

I can't wait to give Lucario Mewtwo's moveset :troll:
True but could happen. I really don't get why they wouldn't patch the megas in. My hope is that in the 3rd XY game they make all gen 6 games fully compatible.

Honestly I don't think this means much other then it not being called just Z. They will have a twist to it, which is where:

This comes in, to a degree.

Again I've said this before, but I could see it being called Delta Z.

ORAS and XY both have mysterious unsolved post games, and they both are shown to be connected. Such as AZ visting Hoenn and giving them the tree that is now a lanndmark in Sootoplis and contains the flower that his Floette is based on, looker being important to both post games( although ORAS doesn't involve him much, him washing up in Hoenn with Amnesia is probably important), and so on.

Why the names probably won't be right. i think the 3rd Game will be a sequel to XY and ORAS, with new stuff that truly surprises fans.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I rather meant which Link you saw, since there are plenty of Links out there, but no matter. ^^ Thanks for answering.
I saw First 4 Figures Link and Ganondorf as I said.
I also saw the Skyward Sword Link and Scervo (why him?) statues.

I also saw the giant World of Nintendo Link figure.

Oh, and the Skyward Sword Link figma.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I can't wait for the one true Pokemon anniversary title to finally come. XYZ, X2 Y2... Childs Play!

Pokémon Channel 2 hype.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Famitsu Stuff:
Hyrule Warriors: Legends
Streetpass will be used in Adventure Mode (I think known before).
WindWaker story starts after the main story.
Control the camera using the C-stick.
No concrete DLC plans right now.

Sakurai wrote about Fallout 4, and how it added meaning behind the thousands of useless items in the world.
Can't wait to read your translation of Sakurai's thoughts.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But the real question here is if he preferred Atom Bomb Baby or Uranium Fever (Atom Bomb Baby should be everyone's favorite though).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If that February 15th reveal won't be for Pokemon Z, Delta Z, X2/Y2, or some other main series game (although I personally think it is the more likely reveal), I have a feeling that the other likely candidate for the reveal that day will be the first generation 7 Pokemon that might co-star with Volcanion in the new movie. While Hoopa was the main star of its movie last year and was officially revealed in January, most of the "star Pokemon" for that year's movie has usually been revealed in the February issue in the past, including new Pokemon for the next generation (Zoroark and Zorua comes to mind). While it may be a too early to reveal a generation 7 Pokemon, keep in mind we also had generation 4 being revealed all the way back with Munchlax in the Deoxys movie, as well as the following movie where Lucario was the main star... and we didn't get Diamond/Pearl immediately after the Lucario movie's release.

Going back to the next main series game, while X2/Y2 would likely be the sequel route, I also think Pokemon Z as a standalone could also take the sequel route as well; if the developers decide to do so, I'm sure in game characters will refer to Xerneas/Yveltal as "the legendary Pokemon that Team Flare tried to take its power from", a title that doesnt explicitly state the legendaries' name, to make Z a sequel to both X and Y.

Last edited:
"We will head back to NLA. . .we know the way"

*walks in exact opposite direction*

*sigh*

Now im off to search the entirety of Mira for water apparently :p

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So...when does Pokemon Snap 2 and Pokemon Stadium 3 come?
One of those is already a thing.

I really do want a proper console stadium game though... Even if I'd get my butt handed to me online since I can't EV train worth a damn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess this hasn't spread yet.
So, none of these are the "ra/la" Pokémon.....

As for the "ra/la" Pokémon, there's something to consider.

a. There was a survey about guessing the Pokémon.
Out of 50 people, only 1 person guessed right.
Out of the 49 that guessed wrong, 31 were salty over the result.

This doesn't sound like it's someone that people are really expecting like Swampert.

b. The image for Sceptile's hint had a green aura.

The image for this one has light-blue.

While Swampert would be a good guess here, refer to point a.
It has to be a different Pokémon associated with the color light-blue.

You know what type is associated with light-blue? Ice type.

So what Pokémon fits both a. and b.?
Jynx a.k.a. Rougela.

EDIT: And I suppose Vanilluxe too.

But it's hard to imagine Vanilluxe working as a fighter.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom