• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Can't wait to read your translation of Sakurai's thoughts.
Honestly, we might not translate it right away. This isn't directed at you Pazzo. Pazzo. , just saying it in general.

There's 497 Sakurai Columns. We are still going through Smash information / semi-Smash related information because that information should exist in the Smash fanbase.

If people want to support a certain translation, then please check out our Patreon page. The fact that I'm still losing money on SG means I can't pay anyone else to translate and completely rely on a combination of 1) what is needed for articles (we have a couple of big translations we are working on. In addition to the Melee Website, which has never been translated before). 2) What appeals to the people who can translate. 3) the most interesting stuff in general.

I created a spreadsheet of all the Sakurai columns I have (I'm missing 20 or so of them). I haven't translated all the titles, nor provided summaries for them. It took me and soma to a long time just to create this database so we can keep track of everything for ourselves.

The backlog for Smash is huge, there's literally thousands of pages (if you include all the ballot responses from 64/Melee and Famitsu Columns and Interivews...) of information which you guys should have available to you.

...It's a lot of work, and I'm losing money for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway....

Also, I got a huge project which should launch next week that you guys will (hopefully) love.

I've been too busy lately >.>;.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So...when does Pokemon Snap 2 and Pokemon Stadium 3 come?
Never :(

Gamefreak said that Snap won't get a sequel unless they can truly innovate it and make it feel different and unique.

And they said the Stadium series is on Hiatus for similar reasons.

And this is nice to read:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...thumous_lifetime_achievement_award_at_d_i_c_e

Iwata will receive a lifetime achievement ward at DICE in February. Several Nintendo games are also up for awards.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Honestly, we might not translate it right away. This isn't directed at you Pazzo. Pazzo. , just saying it in general.

There's 497 Sakurai Columns. We are still going through Smash information / semi-Smash related information because that information should exist in the Smash fanbase.

If people want to support a certain translation, then please check out our Patreon page. The fact that I'm still losing money on SG means I can't pay anyone else to translate and completely rely on a combination of 1) what is needed for articles (we have a couple of big translations we are working on. In addition to the Melee Website, which has never been translated before). 2) What appeals to the people who can translate. 3) the most interesting stuff in general.

I created a spreadsheet of all the Sakurai columns I have (I'm missing 20 or so of them). I haven't translated all the titles, nor provided summaries for them. It took me and soma to a long time just to create this database so we can keep track of everything for ourselves.

The backlog for Smash is huge, there's literally thousands of pages (if you include all the ballot responses from 64/Melee and Famitsu Columns and Interivews...) of information which you guys should have available to you.

...It's a lot of work, and I'm losing money for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway....

Also, I got a huge project which should launch next week that you guys will (hopefully) love.

I've been too busy lately >.>;.
While it may not be preferable, perhaps you should consider advertising on Source Gaming.

We love your work, but I'm sure everyone here would agree that we'd take an add over you spending valuable time and money with no gain.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think Pokemon's getting a bit too hyped for it's next movie.

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/01/1...-world/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"a major announcement that will affect the entire world"

Calm down a bit Pokemon Co. :laugh:
We laugh now but then once the movie airs:

Pokemon Co: " Using advanced technology we are proud to announce that we have brought pokemon to life! However only those who watch the volcanion movie will be able to see and capture them! Can you catch them all!?"

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
While it may not be preferable, perhaps you should consider advertising on Source Gaming.

We love your work, but I'm sure everyone here would agree that we'd take an add over you spending valuable time and money with no gain.
Can't. As far as I understand, fan translations are in the legal gray area. While technically translators own their translations, the original author/publisher maintains control over everything.

Therefore, unless we get written permission by Famitsu, we shouldn't be directly profiting from their articles.

Of course, Famitsu could tell us to stop at any time regardless if we are making money or not. However, making profit would probably make us a more enticing target.

Famitsu Weekly seems pretty hands off, but I'd rather play it safe.

This is why fan dubs/ subs usually say "not for sale/ profit" and why SG translations say for fan use only and they may not accurately reflect Sakurai.

We've talked about splitting up the site for articles and translations and only serve ads on the articles, but Idk. I might just branch off into more Youtube stuff (SG's channel is not monetized yet btw).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So, none of these are the "ra/la" Pokémon.....

As for the "ra/la" Pokémon, there's something to consider.

a. There was a survey about guessing the Pokémon.
Out of 50 people, only 1 person guessed right.
Out of the 49 that guessed wrong, 31 were salty over the result.

This doesn't sound like it's someone that people are really expecting like Swampert.

b. The image for Sceptile's hint had a green aura.

The image for this one has light-blue.

While Swampert would be a good guess here, refer to point a.
It has to be a different Pokémon associated with the color light-blue.

You know what type is associated with light-blue? Ice type.

So what Pokémon fits both a. and b.?
Jynx a.k.a. Rougela.

EDIT: And I suppose Vanilluxe too.

But it's hard to imagine Vanilluxe working as a fighter.....
Only thing that would make sense at this point would be a Water/Flying/Ice Pokemon

I swear, if Jynx makes it in, there's gonna be a lot of salt flowing around

One of those is already a thing.

I really do want a proper console stadium game though... Even if I'd get my butt handed to me online since I can't EV train worth a damn.
To be fair, I don't consider this one a proper Stadium game as it's completely different. Nice storyline and all, but it was missing something big time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still hoping for Ursaring. We still need a Normal type, after all.

Also Bug and Rock. Crustle would be amazing, plus it's a Gen V 'Mon. :p

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So many new things going on with Pokken Tournament. Nintendo is really hyping it up... it makes me wonder if this will be the "big game" of 2016.
Though, to be honest, I still hope we'll get a generation 7, or- at the very least; "Pokemon X2/Y2/Z"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
PushDustIn PushDustIn

Is SourceCast dead or is scheduling a major issue for what's holding it back?

Also is @TheAnvil still pissed about the Final Presentation? Haven't seen him here since then

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I found this.

Jynx is randomly in the background of the official TGC set that is rumored to tie in with Pokken.
Also Dragonite and Hawlucha, maybe they will promote Dragonite, or maybe Hawlucha is an Assist too... or maybe this means nothing.

Chrono.

I found this.

Jynx is randomly in the background of the official TGC set that is rumored to tie in with Pokken.
Also Dragonite and Hawlucha, maybe they will promote Dragonite, or maybe Hawlucha is an Assist too... or maybe this means nothing.
>Jynx

Lord give me strength.

D

Deleted member

Maybe there are two Dragonite.
The normal happy-go-luckly kind that's an Assist, and the super-pissed off Iris Dragonite as a playable fighter. :troll:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So, none of these are the "ra/la" Pokémon.....

As for the "ra/la" Pokémon, there's something to consider.

a. There was a survey about guessing the Pokémon.
Out of 50 people, only 1 person guessed right.
Out of the 49 that guessed wrong, 31 were salty over the result.

This doesn't sound like it's someone that people are really expecting like Swampert.

b. The image for Sceptile's hint had a green aura.

The image for this one has light-blue.

While Swampert would be a good guess here, refer to point a.
It has to be a different Pokémon associated with the color light-blue.

You know what type is associated with light-blue? Ice type.

So what Pokémon fits both a. and b.?
Jynx a.k.a. Rougela.

EDIT: And I suppose Vanilluxe too.

But it's hard to imagine Vanilluxe working as a fighter.....
Isnt Flying type also associated with the light blue color?

D

Deleted member

But seriously, the cards also featured a bunch of Pokémon that aren't in Pokken (yet) and didn't feature some that are (such as Suicune).

I think the cards are merely coincidence.

Isnt Flying type also associated with the light blue color?
It's more of a lavender, IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can someone repost the list of Pokemon with "ra"/"la" in their names?
Here you go:

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum

This list doesn't include pre-evolution and background Pokemon, as this list was compiled before Braixen's reveal.

Chrono.

Can someone repost the list of Pokemon with "ra"/"la" in their names?
Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kadabra
Tentacruel
Slowbro
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Chansey
Kangaskhan
Seadra
Scyther
Jynx
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Lanturn
Umbreon
Granbull
Heracross
Sneasel
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Sableye
Aggron
Manetric
Flygon
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Drifblim
Honchkrow
Drapion
Lumineon
Gliscor
Heatran
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Silglyph
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Chandelure
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Spewpa
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantium

EDIT: lol :4greninja:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Only thing that would make sense at this point would be a Water/Flying/Ice Pokemon

I swear, if Jynx makes it in, there's gonna be a lot of salt flowing around

To be fair, I don't consider this one a proper Stadium game as it's completely different. Nice storyline and all, but it was missing something big time.
So Gyrados for Pokken?

I actually think they could make a pretty cool fighter if done right.

I found this.

Interesting. It may mean nothing, but Dragonite, jynx and hawlucha would be good additions imo. I still hope they complete the remaining types though.
Here you go:

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum

This list doesn't include pre-evolution and background Pokemon, as this list was compiled before Braixen's reveal.
One pokemon not listed here that could happen is Scyther. If another middle or basic form is chosen, it could be him. Scyther is so awesome so I wouldn't mind.
It's also worth noting that Jynx is in the above picture and this list, and it's type fits the background color. So maybe Jynx is more likely...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The new Pokkén stuff is pretty kewl.

As for the new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game, when the hell are they going return the gameplay of the first game (and DK GB) rather than that very unsatisfying Lemmings style?

D

Deleted member

Here you go:

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Kangaskhan
Jynx
Gyarados
Umbreon
Granbull
Kingdra
Hitmontop
Raikou
Tyranitar
Swampert
Mightyena
Aggron
Manetric
Latios
Latias
Groudon
Luxray
Rampardos
Honchkrow
Drapion
Gliscor
Giratina
Darkrai
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Scolipede
Maractus
Carracosta
Cinccino
Reuniclus
Vanilliluxe
Galvantula
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Terrakion
Reshiram
Landorus
Florges
Malamar
Dragalge
Tyrantrum

Alright, thanks.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Listen.
OoT 3DS fixed my biggest problem when playing the original (the flibbin aiming) at the cost of ruining the muscle memory for song playing.
WW HD took care of the two biggest issues; sailing and Tingle by mitigating them pretty handily.
MM 3DS wasn't going to fix most of my problems with it as they were kinda too core to the game.
TP HD seems like a middle ground of WW and MM. Mitigating what issues they can but some of the more glaring things for me just kinda can't/won't be fixed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hm seems to be related to this:
This is a group reserved for various discussions between users who are frequent on the Smash Wii U/3DS forums. To be considered to join you have to have shown that you can discuss various topics with a level head and can add to discussion. Requesting to join will allow one's name to come up in discussion, however, it will not effect one's chances of joining.

Whoever runs it needs to be pmed it seems.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So apparently the pigeon that they use in Mario Maker has his own comic series:
http://supermariomaker.nintendo.com/comics/

I don' what's more surprising the fact that he has a comic series, or the fact that they acknowledged that they have made really bad levels for users to play...

After reading it, the pigeons a cool dude and knows how to make levels!
I approve!

Burruni

Smash Hero
I keep seeing these on my TL.

Using Sonic 06 to prove a point of quality is two steps backwards. Especially when around that same time, Galaxy came out. And the Cosmic Observatory did a HELL of a lot better world building than Soleana.

Edit: And the WONDERFUL hubs that came after Unleashed...
Like in Colors.
And Generations.
And Free Riders.
And Lost World.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I keep seeing these on my TL.

Ignoring that it's Josh Thomas, someone whom I can't agree with action wise, it's laughable that they use Sonic as an example.

At least the Recent Marios are good and playable...
And this is coming from a sonic fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom