• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I keep seeing these on my TL.

Is he joking or is he legit serious using 2 awful games? Sonic 06 graphically doesn't look special compared to the Hedgehog Engine games. (Unleashed and Generations)

Also Afto Samurai 2 looks like ****

Chrono.

Ok, does anyone know the origin of this?
This is the real one, apparently.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Some peeps were making fun of it last night by replacing the pics with pics of bad games (Sonic 06, Afro Samurai 2)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some peeps were making fun of it last night by replacing the pics with pics of bad games (Sonic 06, Afro Samurai 2)
Let's be honest, Mario sunshine is not the best example here... The level designs were alright... but nothin I truly thought was amazing. The overwolrd was nice though. If your looking for a good example of both then you need to use Mario Galaxy.

Burruni

Smash Hero
To this; I partially agree.
The last time we had sprawling levels, truly, was in Galaxy 1.
Which... came out in 2007. Nearly 10 years ago.

Galaxy 2 into the Super 3D games; we saw smaller more "Barebones" mission-structured level design. More like 2D Mario crafted into the 3D plane. Especially in 3D Land and 3D World.

Which isn't inherently wrong or anything; just a step back in some sense from the kind of exploration and "wow" factor we saw in Mario's earlier 3D years.

D

Deleted member

This looks like a meme I can milk
Brb

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Must... resist... urge... to utterly take a dump on FF13 again...

It's haaaaaaard.... :V

I'm sorry. I still just really hate that game, it's world, characters and everything around it.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"We will head back to NLA. . .we know the way"

*walks in exact opposite direction*

*sigh*

Now im off to search the entirety of Mira for water apparently :p
*answers without checking to see if someone else answered*

Go to where you first started the game, walk until you see some Millosaurs and a waterfall, go into the waterfall.

I still remember when I looked that up.

Go to where you first started the game, walk until you see some Millosaurs and a waterfall, go into the waterfall.

Already looked it up myself because I was too lazy :p

Thanks anyway though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
WHAT A COINCIDENCE THAT THIS SHOWS UP ON MY FACEBOOK AFTER WE MENTION FFXIII.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/...ter-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/

Lighting has transcended vidya and is now real.

Now Lightning is speaking out about crossing over worlds (stay with us here, there's a Q&A which follows below). Some die-hard Final Fantasy fans may be up in arms that video game publisher Square Enix has allowed its heroine to be modelling for a fashion house, but the character says she 'feels' nothing but pride.
And she's slaying vidya gaem nerds.

Chrono.

Speaking of Millesaurs.

Cutting their 'heads' off is still really satisfying after the first 100 times.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
WHAT A COINCIDENCE THAT THIS SHOWS UP ON MY FACEBOOK AFTER WE MENTION FFXIII.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/...ter-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/

Lighting has transcended vidya and is now real.

And she's slaying vidya gaem nerds.
I.........................
I seriously can't even, WHAT?

I mean I'm not UPSET about this at all, just... very, very confused. Extrodinarily confused. Especially considering they're keeping her in-character as Lightning herself.

...What?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That article is pure gold though and I picked up on every single reference.

I should go on /v/ or something to see the reaction there.

Also:

What are your upcoming projects?

I’m currently winding down after a long journey. My days are peaceful; it’s what I’ve always dreamed of. I hope these days last a long time.

But I’m always looking to push myself, to better myself. Sometimes I get the urge to put my life on the line again and test my limits.

One day, not so far in the future, I will be out there again, in a world of strife. But I won’t be the same person I was before. I will return to my origins, like a Mobius strip, but it’ll be a new me, one who has evolved.

I look forward to the day we meet again.
Lightning confirmed for Kingdom Hearts III. :p

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
C'mon dude, I know you complain about me disagreeing with everything you say but you're basically asking for it at thos point
Literally just an idea man. You gotta chill. Point is, a game thats a sequel to both XY and ORAS.

You have a bad habit of taking other people's ideas for series you enjoy very very seriously.

Chrono.

Princess Peach should be the next fashion model.

It'd even fit with Nintendo's recent deals (Mercedes-Benz, Southwest Airlines, Playboy)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It'd even fit with Nintendo's recent deals (Mercedes-Benz, Southwest Airlines, Playboy)
Rosalina would be way better for a more mature demographic.

I mean there would actually be a character to interview.

Because they ain't gonna use Paper Peach. :V

D

Deleted member

Literally just an idea man. You gotta chill. Point is, a game thats a sequel to both XY and ORAS.

You have a bad habit of taking other people's ideas for series you enjoy very very seriously.
This idea has been thrown around since Nintendo filled the Delta Emerald trademark
I'm just so tured of it at this point tbh
And I'm not sure what you mean with the second part

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
This idea has been thrown around since Nintendo filled the Delta Emerald trademark
I'm just so tured of it at this point tbh
And I'm not sure what you mean with the second part
What I mean is, you act like your opinions of the direction a series should take are definitely superior to someone else's. I would bet you dont meant to convey it that way, but you do. At least bring evidence to the table instead of saying just "No. I dont like that/that's dumb".

Trademark doesn't mean anything. But I find the idea of a Hoenn and Kalos game really intriguing and my idea of Z/Delta Emerald was just being thrown out as a way to execute that idea.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This depends, do we get Super Princess Peach 2 as part of this deal as well?

I actually want them to attempt it and see if they could make it it's own series. I liked the first one even if it isn't to liked or perfect.

D

Deleted member

What I mean is, you act like your opinions of the direction a series should take are definitely superior to someone else's. I would bet you dont meant to convey it that way, but you do. At least bring evidence to the table instead of saying just "No. I dont like that/that's dumb".

Trademark doesn't mean anything. But I find the idea of a Hoenn and Kalos game really intriguing and my idea of Z/Delta Emerald was just being thrown out as a way to execute that idea.
The problem with the so called Delta Emerald is that it makes no sense
Even ignoring the fact we didn't have remakes of the 3rd versions before but simply because the content that was added in Emerald is already in ORAS, there's not much it can do, unless it would be a "new" third version but that would be pointless at the end
Also, if you're talking about evidence, then I'd like to see you explain why Delta Emeral would be a good idea

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This depends, do we get Super Princess Peach 2 as part of this deal as well?

I actually want them to attempt it and see if they could make it it's own series. I liked the first one even if it isn't to liked or perfect.
I played it too and yeah it's pretty good. It's like a Yoshi game really, more laid back and about exploring.

I hated how it succumbed to "Rayman 1 Syndrome" though (as I like to call it).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what do you guys think of Dr. Mario? Is he good staying in Smash or should he be cut again and made into a costume?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Rosalina would be way better for a more mature demographic.

I mean there would actually be a character to interview.

Because they ain't gonna use Paper Peach. :V
Which would confirm that she is indeed hentai as mariotehplumber says
:troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So what do you guys think of Dr. Mario? Is he good staying in Smash or should he be cut again and made into a costume?
Assuming Mario stays mostly how he is in Smash 4, I would prefer Dr. Mario just be an alt for Mario.

I really like how Mario plays in this game, he's my third best character. But I would love to use the Dr. Mario outfit as I like how it looks.

But Dr. Mario doesn't feel nearly as good to me and he isn't as fun. He's built for people who like playing as characters like Ganondorf.

Though what they could also do is keep both, but still make one of Mario's alts Dr. Mario, and one of Dr. Mario's alts regular Mario. It would please people of every angle.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I played it too and yeah it's pretty good. It's like a Yoshi game really, more laid back and about exploring.

I hated how it succumbed to "Rayman 1 Syndrome" though (as I like to call it).
Yeah, I can agree there. It out of existence. It worked with the Yoshi like playstyle. A new one could be good.
Well I don't oppose him being a costume but the reason he wasn't one in this is because he has different stats then mario. So don't know how likely it is that he will be a costume.

I think he will either be in as a clone or not at all next game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So Gyrados for Pokken?

I actually think they could make a pretty cool fighter if done right.

Interesting. It may mean nothing, but Dragonite, jynx and hawlucha would be good additions imo. I still hope they complete the remaining types though.

One pokemon not listed here that could happen is Scyther. If another middle or basic form is chosen, it could be him. Scyther is so awesome so I wouldn't mind.
It's also worth noting that Jynx is in the above picture and this list, and it's type fits the background color. So maybe Jynx is more likely...
Idk if I can see Gyrados at the moment. Of course he got a wide array of moves to use, I'm just not feeling him being playable just yet.

Jynx would be an excellent wtf character while Hawlucha? YES PLEASE! I think Dragonite was confirmed to be an assist

Nidoking/queen, Arcanine, and Starmie would make some interesting 1st Gen Pokemon to add to the roster though. Just a little concern how many characters they will actually use for this game

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Which would confirm that she is indeed hentai as mariotehplumber says
:troll:
It's too late to try and convince people she isn't anyway when she's now showing off bare legs that look this good.

I will dive down this rabbit hole Nintendo digs, wherever it goes. :p

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Also, if you're talking about evidence, then I'd like to see you explain why Delta Emeral would be a good idea
Well if you read what I've been saying then you'd know.

I'd like to think of it as a sister game to Z. The same way Diamond is to Pearl. Same story but different region. I think it would be interesting. It's not a matter of what is happening. It's just an idea.

Name doesn't have to be Delta Emerald. It would just be two games (or one) tying the story of XY to ORAS

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I got an interesting challenge for you guys.

A new Mario game comes out... and it stars your favorite "Not Mario or Luigi" Mario character! However, it can't be a platforner, 3D 2D or otherwise.

What would the game be like?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

A new Mario game comes out... and it stars your favorite character! However, it can't be a platforner, 3D 2D or otherwise.

I actually have a pretty extensive, cross-platform idea of two games that could kick start a franchise for Rosalina (because if Yoshi and Wario got theirs after one appearance, Rosalina can have one now).

It's pretty long winded though and would be easier to convey with drawings or something.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

A new Mario game comes out... and it stars your favorite Mario character! However, it can't be a platforner, 3D 2D or otherwise.

Fawful...
A Mario & Luigi game where he somehow comes back and Teams up with the bros (like Bowser in BiS) for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom