• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
First off, your main character is literally Super Sayan Goku (For male at least)... and you have DQ II boss as a good guy? Now this gets interesting...
I may have to get builders. Never played a DQ game outside of one on the DS but my bud who's very picky about games really got into it.
I was never a fan of DQ either but after I tried DQ Builders, I like it and if I can buy at least on game for Switch this year, then it has to be DQ Builders...

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Minecraft on its own, like as a game, is pretty relaxing and fun. It helps that even without mods the game is SO OPEN AND FREE to modding and serverside plugins that minigames such as Hunger Games and Sky Wars keep my friends and I playing it even when we're not invested enough to play the normal game offline.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I beat star allies today. Pretty crazy final boss. I really liked it though. The final sequence was Insane I really liked it. Don’t know if I’d say it’s better than robobot but it’s a fun game overall. Is a bit short though

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I did my taxes and ended up owing $66

I actually DID get a return. But the fee to do my taxes was $66 more than the return

That's a lot better than I thought it would be

D

Deleted member

Minecraft on its own, like as a game, is pretty relaxing and fun. It helps that even without mods the game is SO OPEN AND FREE to modding and serverside plugins that minigames such as Hunger Games and Sky Wars keep my friends and I playing it even when we're not invested enough to play the normal game offline.
Minecraft is fun.
I am actually not going to blame the fan-base for it's demise, rather the internet.
Sure, there are jerks that exist in Minecraft, but the internet thinks every kid who plays Minecraft is cringey. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I beat star allies today. Pretty crazy final boss. I really liked it though. The final sequence was Insane I really liked it. Don’t know if I’d say it’s better than robobot but it’s a fun game overall. Is a bit short though
NOOOOO

Not even close to robobot

It has more replayability than Robobot, but the story in this game wasn't that good at all.

Guest Star mode is what makes the game for me.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the Shadows of Valentia art book includes a full Valentian timeline and it confirms one of my favorite fan theories as canon. :D

CONRAD GIVES HIS MASK TO ZEKE. THAT'S THE MASK HE WEARS AS SIRIUS.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Old FE Noob here, I know who Zeke is but whos Sirius?
Hum, I don't know if it's spoiler or not... I'll put it in spoiler since FE3 wasn't localized
Sirius is Zeke/Camus after the events of Gaiden, in New Mistery of the Emblem. He returns to Archanea and appears as a mysterious masked man. Apparently that mask is given by Conrad, which is really awesome.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Being a part of many large fanbases, I wouldn't say most fanbases are entirely or even mostly bad.

Just do your best to ignore the crappy parts of the fanbase, because if the fanbase in question is a sizeable one, there's gonna some toxicity of different flavors within it. When it comes to my interests and hobbies, I try to stick to a motto, that motto being "Never let someone else ruin something for you."

I see Minecraft get a lot of hate nowadays, and as a long time fan of it, I find that disheartening. If you don't like the game that's perfectly fine, but most of the hate seems to stem from overexposure and the many immature children who play it. Those aren't faults of the game itself.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Being a part of many large fanbases, I wouldn't say most fanbases are entirely or even mostly bad.

Just do your best to ignore the crappy parts of the fanbase, because if the fanbase in question is a sizeable one, there's gonna some toxicity of different flavors within it. When it comes to my interests and hobbies, I try to stick to a motto, that motto being "Never let someone else ruin something for you."

I see Minecraft get a lot of hate nowadays, and as a long time fan of it, I find that disheartening. If you don't like the game that's perfectly fine, but most of the hate seems to stem from overexposure and the many immature children who play it. Those aren't faults of the game itself.
Life is a lot happier when you are a fan of something but not part of the fanbase apparently

I still play Minecraft and am looking forward to all the things they add to the aquatic update. But I haven't heard any of this real negativity.

Other than the fans that actually complain that adding more things makes it less like Minecraft...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Life is a lot happier when you are a fan of something but not part of the fanbase apparently

I still play Minecraft and am looking forward to all the things they add to the aquatic update. But I haven't heard any of this real negativity.

Other than the fans that actually complain that adding more things makes it less like Minecraft...
People do seem to go a lot easier on you if you don't associate yourself with other fans or the source material itself very much, depending on what fanbase we're talking about.

I guess it just depends on what part of the web you're on. Steam forums and Youtube have a lot of negativity towards it. I rarely post in the former anymore mainly because of how toxic they've gotten. But I still love the game, too, even if I play it much less often than I used to it.

The last point brings up something in the fanbase that's pretty hard to miss. Whether the various changes Minecraft keeps getting over the years are "good" or "bad" is mostly subjective, imo. It all boils down to simply not being able to please everybody.

D

Deleted member

Holy **** the new MHA chapter
Love-Lover's Quirk is literally the power of love, like, it's called Love and literally gives the person she loves a power boost for a short while.
And she's one of the villains in this arc.
Look at the Members for likes and **** then
That just shows most of Smashboards has ****taste
Yeah but Stoopid still holds the record for highest post count.

Word has it that ones power level decreases the more one ****posts.
You say that because you can't ****post at all
And of all characters, Deen actually has a backstory now. Zofian nobleman who married a high ranking Zofian woman. Promising knight career...and then his manor was stormed one night and his wife was presumably turned into a witch (translation is ambiguous at the moment), forcing him to kill her. He lost his eye that night and left with only the family heirloom, the Brave Sword. Not the most original story but at least he has SOMETHING now, beyond being edgy Squidward.
*Looks at me stealing his Brave Sword from his corpse*
Ah **** now I feel bad!
I plan on getting to Steins; Gate 0 once I renew my Funimation Premium. Other than that, there's not that much Spring 2018 anime that interests me at the moment.

Shishigou and Mordred were definitely the best duo in Apocrypha the same way Waver and Iskander were the best Fate/Zero duo.

Shishigou and Mordred developed a great dynamic with each other. By the time they died, they realized their wishes regarding family were finally fulfilled with each other. Mordred wanted a father-figure after the hardship she went through, and Shishigou ended up being that kind of person she longed for. Shishigou wanted a daughter-figure to bond with, and Mordred filled that role for him.

Honestly, I think Apocrypha would've been LEAGUES better if they were the main protagonists instead of Sieg and Jeanne.

Yeah, we never learn what Astolfo's wish was with winning the Holy Grail war. That was one of my biggest problems with his character. For someone that made it to the end of the Holy Grail War (not to mention you could argue he became a main character as well by becoming Sieg's new servant)... we never learned why he wanted to win it. All we know is that Astolfo can keep on living.

Let's hope Astolfo won't be hunted down by authorities when they see his Hippo-Griffith.

As for Waver, he too participated in a previous Holy Grail War and summoned Iskander in the Apocrypha timeline just like in the normal Fate series timeline. I can't remember where it was stated, but i think it was detailed in the Lord el-Melloi files. Basically, in all the universes Waver is in, he summons Iskander in the Holy Grail War he participates in.

And yeah, Shakespeare was really entertaining. He definitely had some of the most comedic moments in the show. One of the few Apocrypha servants I liked as well.
It just doesn't make sense as to why they AREN'T the main characters. They're the first characters we meet and Mordred is a Saberface!
Hell, they actually start out as such but the focus completely changes when the first battle against the Yggdimillenia happens.

For real, Sieg was such an unnecessary character and I feel like he added nothing to the story. He feels more like a video game avatar put in the middle of a conflict so the player has someone to "relate" but since it's not a game it doesn't work out. Like, there's the whole thing with Jeanne's and Shirou's ideals clashing and him being there just messes everything up.
Even Jeanne by herself would have been fine as the main character. Sieg is just, ugh.
Him not existing would also probably help Siegfried's characterizatiin considering he's nothing but a meme in the Fate fandom nowadays. His only appearence and he dies on Ep4.

And yeah, I just now noticed Astolfo never says his wish. Not even something simple that would have fit his character.
Also, his romance with Sieg was much better developed than Jeanne's, I'm still trying to figure out how the **** Jeanne even started liking Sieg.

So Waver and Iskander are linked by fate basically. Heh, good to know no matter what happens they'll meet up. Now I need what Septem teased me with and have Lord El-Melloi II with young Alexander.

I actually really want to level Shakespeare in FGO but lol I still have Waver and Medea to level from my Casters.

Overall, the Apocrypha Servants I like or dislike ended up being.
Like:
-Mordred(I feel validated for levelling her so high in FGO)
-Jeanne(well, her FGO characterisation at least)
-Shirou
-Shakespeare
-Avicebron
-Astolfo
-Achilles(ACHILLES WHEN)
-Chiron(Chiron when too)
-Semiramis(more of a love to hate type tho)
-Vlad III(why does fgo hate u)
-Karna(the Hero of the United States)

Dislike:
-Jack
-Fran
-Spartacus

Don't really think much about:
-Atalante
-Siegfried

So yeah, I'd say it had some good characters. Just wish they focused more on them instead of generic anime protagonist #29490
Yikes, poor Sonya. What makes it worse is that the timeline states both sisters helped in her escape, which probably adds a level of guilt to the whole situation as well.

As for Deen, while I still think Sonya is the more interesting character (especially thanks to the above), it does add a level of depth to him that he desperately needed in the main game. It also makes the whole 'stealing his Brave Sword off his corpse' thing pretty dark in retrospect, since we're essentially taking the only thing he has to remind himself of his love and duty.

Honestly, reading some of these have been pretty interesting. A lot of NPC characters and underdeveloped playable ones really get to shine now that they have their backstories and histories delved into. Along with the ones you mentioned, another example that I found caught my attention would be Nuibaba's, who before was just a typical 'witch obsessed with eternal beauty':

Apparently when she started out, she was a pretty young girl happily married until bandits came around and heavily scarred her face. The scarring was bad enough that her husband started to ignore her for her younger sister, and eventually both plotted to kill her so that she could be out of they way. They nearly succeeded after pushing her off a cliff, but after meeting a ghostly apparition, she was revived and took revenge on the two. Afterward, she went into the woods and began obsessing over eternal beauty, leading into what we see of her now in the game.
Guess that also explains why Nuibaba ism't like the other witches.
But damn, that's a real sad Freudian Excuse
So the Shadows of Valentia art book includes a full Valentian timeline and it confirms one of my favorite fan theories as canon. :D

CONRAD GIVES HIS MASK TO ZEKE. THAT'S THE MASK HE WEARS AS SIRIUS.
Zeke: Hey, bro, mind lending me that mask
Conrad: What you gonna use it for?
Zeke: I don't know, being mysteriously vague and **** in another continent. What else am I gonna use a mask for?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I totally agree with this. In between all the turnmoil of the fanbases, there are some good things and even get to know nice people, but just like finding a rare gem, you have to pass in between all the BS before you can find it. The Rayman fandom in my case has been falling appart thanks to certain people, but thanks to the close friends I made, plus the games themselves, I don't stop enjoying Rayman for what he is, putting the fandom and drama aside.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People do seem to go a lot easier on you if you don't associate yourself with other fans or the source material itself very much, depending on what fanbase we're talking about.

I guess it just depends on what part of the web you're on. Steam forums and Youtube have a lot of negativity towards it. I rarely post in the former anymore mainly because of how toxic they've gotten. But I still love the game, too, even if I play it much less often than I used to it.

The last point brings up something in the fanbase that's pretty hard to miss. Whether the various changes Minecraft keeps getting over the years are "good" or "bad" is mostly subjective, imo. It all boils down to simply not being able to please everybody.
The way I see it, if it can be ignored there is no real reason to complain about it. You don't HAVE to use that new block or that new potion, etc. So those people don't have a point. They just don't like the fact other people will have the ability to use it.

But like the food mechanic was a major change that affected the way the game was played completely and could not be ignored. This new update has a swimming mechanic that can't really be ignored (And I think the swimming is wonky, but meh.). Changing the entire way the game plays can be difficult for the players.

But, it's the first one I see the most

D

Deleted member

>Wakes up
>Opens Smashboards
>9 mew pages since last night
>Looks at some of the pages
>I have to go now tho, I'll check it out later
>Returns at 10 pm and refreshes the page
>6 more pages without even counting the ones I still haven't read through
"****, ****, ****!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's actually a ton of neat tidbits in the full timeline, but most notably, these two:

1. Delthea and Luthier might have ancestral ties to Zofian royalty. Queen Zofia was gifted the Ragnarok spell by Mila in Valentia's founding years, making it the true Zofian equivalent to Rigel's Falchion. Celica gets it by lineage, but the fact that Delthea can use it raises multiple questions.

2. The Gradivus you find randomly in a chest IS the Archanean Gradivus, and surprisingly not a Rule of Fun non-canon thing. When Camus fell, he canonically took it with him and somehow it ended up in the temple. After the War of Deliverance it was given back to the Holy Empire of Archanea directly, explaining how Hardin got it. So yeah, Marth's troops actually DON'T canonically use the Gradivus in the War of Shadows.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Holy **** the new MHA chapter
Love-Lover's Quirk is literally the power of love, like, it's called Love and literally gives the person she loves a power boost for a short while.
And she's one of the villains in this arc.
Does this apply to only romantic love? Cause if so, its a **** power. Cause if it applies to platonic love as well, then it becomes a great support power.

Also, you guys should totally read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Twist:_Rekishi_no_Katasumi_de...

It has Jesus in it. And it is potentially one of the biggest WTF games Nintendo ever made.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I totally agree with this. In between all the turnmoil of the fanbases, there are some good things and even get to know nice people, but just like finding a rare gem, you have to pass in between all the BS before you can find it. The Rayman fandom in my case has been falling appart thanks to certain people, but thanks to the close friends I made, plus the games themselves, I don't stop enjoying Rayman for what he is, putting the fandom and drama aside.
Exactly. There's garbage in a lot of places, but if you really like something, you should do your best to avoid, ignore, or otherwise handle the bad parts of something however you can and continue to enjoy all the good things it has to offer.

There's some shows I like that have a lot of really awful fans and some really weird ones, too, but in the end they're just other people who like the show who happen to be unpleasant (putting it nicely). That's not a problem with the actual shows and it's more than possible to continue enjoying them while ignoring their more toxic fans..

The way I see it, if it can be ignored there is no real reason to complain about it. You don't HAVE to use that new block or that new potion, etc. So those people don't have a point. They just don't like the fact other people will have the ability to use it.

But like the food mechanic was a major change that affected the way the game was played completely and could not be ignored. This new update has a swimming mechanic that can't really be ignored (And I think the swimming is wonky, but meh.). Changing the entire way the game plays can be difficult for the players.

But, it's the first one I see the most
Fair enough on the first point.

Now in that case complaints or constructive criticism can be justified. Those are important features being changed and thus, as you said, can't be ignored. Not everyone has to like those more significant changes.

>Wakes up
>Opens Smashboards
>9 mew pages since last night
>Looks at some of the pages
>I have to go now tho, I'll check it out later
>Returns at 10 pm and refreshes the page
>6 more pages without even counting the ones I still haven't read through
****, ****, ****!
And this is why I tend not to read every single page of a given thread, even the ones I regularly visit. :V

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Re-read the Spider-Man Annual that had the first appearance of the Sinister Six, so still 60's Spider-Man. Still a really cool story. Though they should have listened to the Vulture, and had all six of them rush Spider-Man. Because trying to whittle him down one by one doesn't work when he doesn't give a ****.

Though Peter was feeling off at first because he had his first(or maybe second) Uncle Ben flashback, which ****ed with his powers. I think that only happens early on in the comics, because even in issue #33 he gets stronger thinking about Uncle Ben.

EDIT: Spider-Man's a better Shonen protagonist than actual Shonen characters. Like that time in Secret Wars when Titiania beat up She-Hulk, so Spider-Man got really pissed off someone hurt one of his friends, and beat her so bad she got PSTD. Or how he beat Juggernaut because he refused to give up.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In case you couldn't tell the difference between the OG and Skylanders. Someone bothered to make the comparison. Though Legends Spyro is close to the classic without the eyebrows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After Spyro is released I feel like a lot of us nostalgic mother****ers are gonna be all:

I mean there's MediEvil I suppose. But then what?
Ooh! I know! I know!

Kirby: The Dark Matter Trilogy.
Make it happen HAL

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man, Opossum Opossum , I think I've finally seen the light.

Celica SHOULD be in Smash. She's such a great character, her game is still recent enough to be relevant, and she could absolutely bring something to the table many other reps from her series could not. Even if her series isn't the most popular out there, it's absolutely grown large enough for her to be relevant.

I hereby pledge my support to Celica in my Avatar. Because I know we're both totally thinking of the same person and I am in NO WAY dragging out this joke way more than I should.

:happysheep:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom