• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Interesting.

Back then, I remember SmashBoards was not that addicting.

I now fell into a trap what is called "NintendoZone" and it is draining my life away. :cry:
Nintenzone.

Ah, it is "addicting" at times. Other, anything barely happens, but every smash reveal it is like:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
oh
ya
no i don't know how well i cook
i just burn everything, everything
I have a phobia of using the stove for some reason. Not a major one but still significant.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
@LoneKonWolf come say hi to your sister!
wish he could lol, can't though, he spends half of a day(12 hours) at work, and even then a 6 days ago he ended up in the hospital over an accident so hes kinda stuck in there....still doing work for his company in the hospital bed :V

Yeah you're my friend and all but I wouldnt let you near an oven either.
don't blame ya at all, konnie won't even let me boil water lol
though i am very handy with a knife :V
I have a phobia of using the stove for some reason. Not a major one but still significant.
pretty much already stated it on why >->

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

wish he could lol, can't though, he spends half of a day(12 hours) at work, and even then a 6 days ago he ended up in the hospital over an accident so hes kinda stuck in there....still doing work for his company :V
I remember my teacher once told me that it is good to work, but it is very important to have time away from work.
Like do not sell your soul to work.

Also he told us that we should not want to grow-up so badly and that we should want to be kids....

Hmm......

I hope your brother recovers from the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I remember my teacher once told me that it is good to work, but it is very important to have time away from work.

Also he told us that we should not want to grow-up so badly and that we should want to be kids....

Hmm......
a very wise teacher ya got, the kids though is honestly debatable :V
give yourself till ya hit the 30s or late 20s before ya start deciding whether a kids a good idea or not
pfft, easily, one thing to know about konnie the guys indestructible

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

Hmm......

Kon has a lot on his plate, let's leave it at that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the Shadows of Valentia art book actually goes more in depth on some of the characters' back stories. Some, like Python and Leon, reiterate some of what was in their supports, but some of this stuff is completely new. Here are some tidbits from what's been translated so far.

Marla and Hestia were sacrificed when Sonya was only NINE. She lost her sisters at an incredibly young age.

Jesse used to be Zofian nobility, and fairly high ranking at that. He was friends with the Clive, Fernand, and Mathilda's generation of knights and was a promising swordsman. However, because he was the son of one of his father's concubines, there was a succession issue between he and his brother, so to alleviate matters, he abandoned his claim to the family name. That's why he's so driven by being a free mercenary unbound by duty, and why he wishes to make a mercenary kingdom with the same philosophy: rigid social structure and things like order of succession were things he didn't want to get caught up in. Jesse was a great character so I'm glad he has a bit more context to him now.

And of all characters, Deen actually has a backstory now. Zofian nobleman who married a high ranking Zofian woman. Promising knight career...and then his manor was stormed one night and his wife was presumably turned into a witch (translation is ambiguous at the moment), forcing him to kill her. He lost his eye that night and left with only the family heirloom, the Brave Sword. Not the most original story but at least he has SOMETHING now, beyond being edgy Squidward.

Also Lord of a Dead Empire had its lyrics translated.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
a very wise teacher ya got, the kids though is honestly debatable :V
give yourself till ya hit the 30s or late 20s before ya start deciding whether a kids a good idea or not

pfft, easily, one thing to know about konnie the guys indestructible
He said want to BE kids not want to HAVE kids, Katt...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What was your early times in SmashBoards like?
Back then, I used to post in the Competitive Analysis thread.

Now I post here and in the Smash Speculation a whole lot.
Well I lurked in the Brawl speculation times and joined in the Smash 4 build-up. Back when there was only the two threads, one for the WiiU version and one for the 3DS.

On speculation, Versiliffy (or however you spell it) claims to have Pokemon Switch gameplay in a video title but that just screams "clickbait".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

how dare you disrespect Ninten!
I am sorry. :cry:
Forgive me, Ninten.
On sceculation, Versiliffy (of however you spell it) claims to have Pokemon Switch gameplay in a video title but that just screams "clickbait".
I hate how Verlisify acts. Clickbait, controversy, and just being annoying. He also screams "hacker" everytime there is a shiny Pokemon. Verlisify is one of my least favorite YouTubers of all time.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Whoo... back....
Why I went to a short hiatus today? Continue to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2, this time I am not just keep battling with that Kurdoil in Temperantia anymor and I got some good news.
I finally finish Praxis' quest and got Theory (Before that though I when on and complete most Blade's affinity chart... and finish Finch's quest)

So... with that out of the way, here are those who might care about my Blade quest review:
@Final Smash Gamer ,@Mythra , @Blue Hunter Z ,@Apollo Justice
LOL, just LOL when going through her quest. Now I understand why there are some fanarts of Finch with a Tirkin...
Especially the last part where Finch crap talks with a female Tirkin in the end... and the bubble thing I don't really get it too much...
- At the end, Finch calls Nia and Morag's name wrong....
- But she barely call Rex's name right, but got right with Zeke... *thinking emoji*

Now for the *finale* of my Xenoblade 2 playthrough today, I decided to end it today...
Do Praxis' quest and get Theory... and let me tell ya... @Blue Hunter Z I ask my question about Praxis' quest... but....
I was going to ask you "Do I need Pyra/Mythra for this quest?" well it seems that you don't need to and I'm not regret for that.
Hell I think it's better to get Theory when Pyra/Mythra isn't around in my opinion... for some "Rex has become stronger than ever" purposes
So did you get Theory before or after getting back Pyra?
I need Pyra back to do Kora's quest and complete Floren's quest.....
Remember how I said I was skeptical/ anxious about Praxis' quest because their first quest was not so good?
Here's my retrospective review:
  • Praxis and Theory's debut, pretty straightforward but also too cliche... Core Crystal Hunter Blades directly demanding other to give them their core crystals... I aware they are robbers but still when you see a group of crew like Rex... its isn't ideal to just go to get their core crystals with your driver...
  • So you have to do many merc missions... I am okay for doing those but also takes a lot of time... not to mention...
  • The last merc mssion you have to be careful not to send all of your good Blades...
  • So I might netion this before... Praxis NOT with her driver was also consider a flaw on the enemy's side... why is Praxis alone? And even though Core Crystal Hunters are technically thugs... we don't even know her driver's personality or look is a shame.
  • So, the way Praxis and most Blade's return to core crystal is slowly return to core crystal... ok, but was also ended pretty confusing and lost focus...
  • A personal complaint is why can't be just get Theory and Praxis all at once? I was expecting that at first so that's why I was initially disappointed on this quest... hell I was even concerning that we might not even get Theory anymore.
Well, Praxis' quest was indeed well designed, but blew me away? Barely, let me explain:

I will also quote some of mine and other's past quote for mentions...
And... yes, this will be like an essay,so...

• I actually think this quest is indeed well made, not perfect (Get to the cons later), but well made. This is probably the semi best quest.. .. I still consider Wulfric's a bit better, sure this quest maybe better on the plot side, but over Wulfric's is currently the best by far...
  • It was bizarre when it comes to the way how Theory tries to let Praxis remember her old memories. (Throwing spears... send her to certain locations etc...) which it seems that Praxis' and Theory's past times with their original driver wasn't that bad... or at least the times when they were resonated by those Core Crystal Hunters but I will still get to this later...
  • Praxis' .... the HERO in this quest... obviously, I mean her character overall is totally top noch! Just asa I would hope for and expected. She is confused to the situation, and actually kindly ask Rex and others whether she should continue or not. FINALLY we don't have a Blade that always just do or go what he/she wants lol.
  • Especially her reaction to her past, man it was also good and exact what I hope to be, sure there was a choice of you talk about it or not... but the results were the same.
  • The conflict conversation between Praxis, Rex and others VS Theory and the Core Crystal Driver thugs... OW the edge...
  • Theory was doing her best to make Praxis' remember, but even tually in vain... totally understand that feeling...
  • I understand Theory's old driver is a jacka** but it's unfortunate that we still can't understand why these core crystal hunters are collecting core crystals besides just making cash and tries to hurt other people...
  • So Core Crystal Hunter's objective were pretty dumb in the first place... but at least Theory's driver did said at least one line that makes sense a bit... but I digress...
  • when they start to fight.. my reaction was pretty much like my favorite sports team lost the championship game by a minor score...
  • I once again notice Theory didn't say anything much when fighting..huh...
  • I fight against Theory for last, for one purpose:
Let Praxis give the final blow on Theory and her driver!:

Now they way of ending....
@Mythra once reply to me this:
Tbh her quest is well made, but involves some constant skip traveling, but yeah the ending is predictable
Theory's Driver dies; but I'll leave the cause of death as a mystery for you.
  • As you all know my grudge with Blade Obtain quest is the ending is pretty predictable, and I still stand by to this unfortunately even though it was indeed I hoped it would have end!
  • I would have been totally surprised if it wasn't because of the quest "Insurgent Investigations" in Mor Ardain, where you have to track down an animal Blade which is the leader of a group that tries to over thrown the empire... at the end .... your crew found the Blade but after the battle the Blades kills its own driver by his drivers desire.... and this ending suddenly made me realized that perhaps Theory will end like this, I was right! I was going to share about this... but I didn't because I didn't like to talk about Praxis' and Theory's quest back then because you guys are keep spoiling stuff lol
  • And this also proves that Blades actually can kill their own driver... now ok, this might lead to many questions about some stuff in XC2...
  • The way Theory reacts after she killed her driver and later... fainted??? I though Blades just return to core crystals without any physical reaction... it's not like she's hurt of anything... sure you can say that she was proably almost out of energy when killing her driver (After that fight)... but still it was odd...
  • And that last cut scene was literally "Top 10 Saddest Anime Deaths".. even though it doesn't count because Theory wasn't dying she way just going to return to her core crystal form.
Now the cons...
  • Really not much honestly, yeah I know some of you might be surprised... one thing I can only complain besides this is a of having grudge the Blade obtain quest in general...... is why this quest has to take to chapter 7 in order to complete? Sure thanks to @Blue Hunter Z, I have to reach to Spirit of Crucible Eplys (I still can't remember this location name correctly lol). I just see this quest having no purpose of this having to reach to Spirit of Crucible Eplys...
  • Also in order to trigger this quest I have to raise Praxis' affinity chart to level 4... which isn't hard but still...
So for those who I once talked about Praxis' and Theory's quest, I had never said I don't like Praxis and Theory's quest #1 (Even though when you say it it isn't wrong...), I was just disappointed on how it end... but this one completely owns their first quest. If I remember correctly I think Xenoblade 2 Japanese website has an article about Praxis and Theory's creator/artist Chico and why they make them as this pretty unique Blades and quests...

And what now? Continuing to complete chapter 7 lol, actually no, I will wait a bit for Theory's core crystal to resonate and I am considering if giving her to Morag. .. What do you guys think? Morag is so awesome with Katana Blade to be honest.. .

Even I give props to this quest a lot, I still stand by say I prefer having no Blade quests at all... or...
It would be nice if we have a DLC Blade quests where we meet a rare Blade that has a Unique Monster as its driver... and because the Blade can't kill the monster by itself, it will tries to test Rex and others and eventually ask their to help it defeat that monster. I know, I know this idea from me sounds odd but I just think it will work.

And this may sound weird, I can't stop comparing this quest 's plotto Black Panther... there and some similarities when it comes to the plot...
Your Praxis is similar to T'Chalah... who didn't know about each of their past... and Core Crystal Hunter Praxis is a bit like T'Chaka... (T'Chalah's dad).... but of course not exactly.... just that when Praxis finds out her past is pretty similar to T'Chalah's reaction why his father did to his brother (Resulted his son become Killmonger)
T'Chalah devotes himself to lead his kingdom in a good way, and Praxis tries to help Theory to realize she's on the wrong side... even though it is understandable...
Aldo one last question.
it says talk to Praxis at Cornnie's house.. But how? Is this only availavle after reaching to a certain chapter? Or I need Theory for this?
I mean the reason why I took this long and why I was anxious and nervous about this quest because this quest can easily go crap.. .. I mean literally. ..
If this is just we need to hunt down Theory's driver since he starts to hunt core crystals again and then I will be straight up disappointed ( I won't be surprised if this is the case though). Or even just the fact that we need to kill Theory's driver in order to get Theory is pretty BS if you ask me story wise. But with the fact that this quest is probably a quest to raise her affinity, I think this pretty much foreshadows her as an important role... since technically Praxis and Theory's quest are actually labeled as #1 and #2 in the theater model
And thank for Monolithsoft for taking time to make the quests very indulging, sometimes aren't intriguing... but some profound and emotional are also good.

White Rose is the titanic.

It's big. It's grand. It's great

It's going to sink HARD
And people use to thought it was unsinkable lol.

You say that but for what you've been saying you have not played a Spyro game yourself... Don't you think you shouldn't be saying those things?
As for me I have played Spyro... only a little bit, and I was young at the time so I didn't know the game too much, nor like it...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well... going to play some For Glory.
Smash Bros. Wii U is fun. Really fun.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Anyone been watching Spring 2018 anime?
I plan on getting to Steins; Gate 0 once I renew my Funimation Premium. Other than that, there's not that much Spring 2018 anime that interests me at the moment.

Slowly but steadily finishing Fate/Apocryoha, on Ep23 right now
"Sisigou better not ****ing die"
"SISIGOU BETTER NOT ****ING DIE"
"SISIGOU BETTER NOT ****ING DIE"

Ah, damn it, why does this always happen to my favorite characters?
I really liked Mordred's development in here, it's what builds her up to how she is in the London Singularity in FGO.
Her relationship with Sisigou also reminded me of my other favorite duos like Waver and Rider or Souchirou and Caster. Sisigou didn't need to die though :(

I also like how they both work to reflect on one another, with both chasing after a wish thinking they want it for different reasons than their true motivations unknown even to them.
Reminds me a bit of Saber and Shirou, with the latter seeking to become his ideal of a "Hero of Justice" when the former failed to reach her own ideals.

Also holy **** Mordred finishing Semiramis off like that was so damn satisfying. ***** got pulverized into the ground.
Shishigou and Mordred were definitely the best duo in Apocrypha the same way Waver and Iskander were the best Fate/Zero duo.

Shishigou and Mordred developed a great dynamic with each other. By the time they died, they realized their wishes regarding family were finally fulfilled with each other. Mordred wanted a father-figure after the hardship she went through, and Shishigou ended up being that kind of person she longed for. Shishigou wanted a daughter-figure to bond with, and Mordred filled that role for him.

Honestly, I think Apocrypha would've been LEAGUES better if they were the main protagonists instead of Sieg and Jeanne.

Well, finished Apocrypha
So, Astolfo can just continue living? He didn't make a wish, right?

Wait, Waver has Iskander's cape? But... How? It shouldn't be possible for him to participate in the 4th Holy Grail War because there was none in this universe. Am I missing something here?

I really liked Shakespeare. He is "dying for your art" incarnated, his final moments with him frantically writing were amazing.
Yeah, we never learn what Astolfo's wish was with winning the Holy Grail war. That was one of my biggest problems with his character. For someone that made it to the end of the Holy Grail War (not to mention you could argue he became a main character as well by becoming Sieg's new servant)... we never learned why he wanted to win it. All we know is that Astolfo can keep on living.

Let's hope Astolfo won't be hunted down by authorities when they see his Hippo-Griffith.

As for Waver, he too participated in a previous Holy Grail War and summoned Iskander in the Apocrypha timeline just like in the normal Fate series timeline. I can't remember where it was stated, but i think it was detailed in the Lord el-Melloi files. Basically, in all the universes Waver is in, he summons Iskander in the Holy Grail War he participates in.

And yeah, Shakespeare was really entertaining. He definitely had some of the most comedic moments in the show. One of the few Apocrypha servants I liked as well.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So the Shadows of Valentia art book actually goes more in depth on some of the characters' back stories. Some, like Python and Leon, reiterate some of what was in their supports, but some of this stuff is completely new. Here are some tidbits from what's been translated so far.

Marla and Hestia were sacrificed when Sonya was only NINE. She lost her sisters at an incredibly young age.

Jesse used to be Zofian nobility, and fairly high ranking at that. He was friends with the Clive, Fernand, and Mathilda's generation of knights and was a promising swordsman. However, because he was the son of one of his father's concubines, there was a succession issue between he and his brother, so to alleviate matters, he abandoned his claim to the family name. That's why he's so driven by being a free mercenary unbound by duty, and why he wishes to make a mercenary kingdom with the same philosophy: rigid social structure and things like order of succession were things he didn't want to get caught up in. Jesse was a great character so I'm glad he has a bit more context to him now.

And of all characters, Deen actually has a backstory now. Zofian nobleman who married a high ranking Zofian woman. Promising knight career...and then his manor was stormed one night and his wife was presumably turned into a witch (translation is ambiguous at the moment), forcing him to kill her. He lost his eye that night and left with only the family heirloom, the Brave Sword. Not the most original story but at least he has SOMETHING now, beyond being edgy Squidward.

Also Lord of a Dead Empire had its lyrics translated.
Yikes, poor Sonya. What makes it worse is that the timeline states both sisters helped in her escape, which probably adds a level of guilt to the whole situation as well.

As for Deen, while I still think Sonya is the more interesting character (especially thanks to the above), it does add a level of depth to him that he desperately needed in the main game. It also makes the whole 'stealing his Brave Sword off his corpse' thing pretty dark in retrospect, since we're essentially taking the only thing he has to remind himself of his love and duty.

Honestly, reading some of these have been pretty interesting. A lot of NPC characters and underdeveloped playable ones really get to shine now that they have their backstories and histories delved into. Along with the ones you mentioned, another example that I found caught my attention would be Nuibaba's, who before was just a typical 'witch obsessed with eternal beauty':

Apparently when she started out, she was a pretty young girl happily married until bandits came around and heavily scarred her face. The scarring was bad enough that her husband started to ignore her for her younger sister, and eventually both plotted to kill her so that she could be out of they way. They nearly succeeded after pushing her off a cliff, but after meeting a ghostly apparition, she was revived and took revenge on the two. Afterward, she went into the woods and began obsessing over eternal beauty, leading into what we see of her now in the game.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am sorry. :cry:
Forgive me, Ninten.

I hate how Verlisify acts. Clickbait, controversy, and just being annoying. He also screams "hacker" everytime there is a shiny Pokemon. Verlisify is one of my least favorite YouTubers of all time.
I used to enjoy him and I still enjoy his content, for the most part, he is just far too hypocritical. You cannot call out people for click-bait and covering leaks if that is primarily what you do, fam. And yeah, his obsession with people playing legal Pokemon with different colors is annoying af. He actually believes competitive Pokemon is dying because people compete in a balanced environment, it has nothing to do with the stagnant meta and excessive barrier of entry? Lmfao... It is because dream balls!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Dragon Quest fans in general are usually pretty chill. More than the FF fanbase tends to be at least.

I may have to get builders. Never played a DQ game outside of one on the DS but my bud who's very picky about games really got into it despite never playing a single DQ game. He doesn't even like Minecraft that much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Minecraft's fan-base is what made the game considered "cringey" to play.
So many loud and annoying kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom