• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well I pre ordered the Crash trilogy. Says I will get it on the 4th. I don't mind waiting a week so I can work on other games but then like a week and a half afterish Splatoon 2 is out.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Ooooh, now this is interesting.

In N. Sane Trilogy, if you highlight Crash 3 on the main menu and input the Spyro demo code from the original game, it makes the cursor disappear. This only happens when highlighting Crash 3 specifically.

If you try to finish the code with a press of the Square button, it just brings up the license display like normal. People are thinking that since starting the code makes the cursor disappear, it might have been modified so that you have to input more button combinations to finish it and it may do something from there.

We know that some of the cut levels from the original games will be coming up later as possible DLC.

Maybe a Spyro demo is included in that as well?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We know that some of the cut levels from the original games will be coming up later as possible DLC.

Maybe a Spyro demo is included in that as well?
I'm not gonna get my hopes up for an actual demo as cool as it would be.

But I think it will likely be a teaser for something.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Road to Nowhere and High Road where levels I loved to hate as a kid. They were fun but could also be a pain in the ass if you messed up positioning the turtles. Though you could always run along the rope.

Anyway, time for Slipper Climb.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Road to Nowhere and High Road where levels I loved to hate as a kid. They were fun but could also be a pain in the *** if you messed up positioning the turtles. Though you could always run along the rope.

How'd you get the game early?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Man, having to lead with a healer for bonus points in the Gauntlet is a real crapshoot. I got paired with a Linde and a Lucina against a Julia, Merric, and Azura.

Linde couldn't double the Azura and only did 15 damage...I had to surrender. >_>

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Of course Slipper Climb has a coloured gem :urg:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Road to Nowhere and High Road where levels I loved to hate as a kid. They were fun but could also be a pain in the *** if you messed up positioning the turtles. Though you could always run along the rope.

Road to Nowhere I used to hate as a kid, but I find it fun now. It's challenging but feels fair and I usually get by the tricky parts in one or two tries, and jumping across all of the thin platforms in succession is fun.

High Road is not fun though. I don't know if this was an issue in the original, but sometimes you straight up slip off the turtles even when you are clearly on top of them. Their hit box blatantly does not match their model. Plus the later sections expect you to move across the turtles with a running start, but you often don't have the space for it.

Another issue I ran into was actually exclusive to this remake - they added a "dynamic difficulty" system to the game that gives you free Aku Akus and Wumpa Fruit, as well as changes some standard boxes to better boxes if you're dying a lot.

I died enough in High Road for the game to start spawning me with two Aku Akus. I then go back to get the four boxes in the back path. I hit one of them that isn't visible by the camera and suddenly...I get Invincibility, even though there wasn't an Aku Aku box there before? And then the Invincibility screws with my speed and physics and that leads to more frustration.

Last edited:
they added a "dynamic difficulty" system to the game that gives you free Aku Akus
Was this part not in Crash 1? I now it's in some of the later crash games (cant remember which ones) but I could have sworn 1 had it for dying too much and getting free masks.

Ooooh, now this is interesting.

In N. Sane Trilogy, if you highlight Crash 3 on the main menu and input the Spyro demo code from the original game, it makes the cursor disappear. This only happens when highlighting Crash 3 specifically.

If you try to finish the code with a press of the Square button, it just brings up the license display like normal. People are thinking that since starting the code makes the cursor disappear, it might have been modified so that you have to input more button combinations to finish it and it may do something from there.

Dear Vicarious Visions.

Please do not make Spyro Charge'n Trilogy

My wallet cannot handle a switch and being contractually obligated* to get a PS4 to buy both trilogies.

*the contract in question involves a sold soul. Don't worry about it.

Chrono.

Was this part not in Crash 1? I now it's in some of the later crash games (cant remember which ones) but I could have sworn 1 had it for dying too much and getting free masks..
It's definitely a thing in OG Warped at least.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was this part not in Crash 1? I now it's in some of the later crash games (cant remember which ones) but I could have sworn 1 had it for dying too much and getting free masks.

Dear Vicarious Visions.

Please do not make Spyro Charge'n Trilogy

My wallet cannot handle a switch and being contractually obligated* to get a PS4 to buy both trilogies.

*the contract in question involves a sold soul. Don't worry about it.
I don't remember it and all of the reviews mention it as a new feature.

Crash 1 is the game I remember the least though so I could be mistaken. At the least, I'm pretty sure it didn't change boxes, which is my main issue.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Road to Nowhere I used to hate as a kid, but I find it fun now. It's challenging but feels fair and I usually get by the tricky parts in one or two tries, and jumping across all of the thin platforms in succession is fun.

High Road is not fun though. I don't know if this was an issue in the original, but sometimes you straight up slip off the turtles even when you are clearly on top of them. Their hit box blatantly does not match their model. Plus the later sections expect you to move across the turtles with a running start, but you often don't have the space for it.

Another issue I ran into was actually exclusive to this remake - they added a "dynamic difficulty" system to the game that gives you free Aku Akus and Wumpa Fruit, as well as changes some standard boxes to better boxes if you're dying a lot.

I died enough in High Road for the game to start spawning me with two Aku Akus. I then go back to get the four boxes in the back path. I hit one of them that isn't visible by the camera and suddenly...I get Invincibility, even though there wasn't an Aku Aku box there before? And then the Invincibility screws with my speed and physics and that leads to more frustration.
I never had the problem in the original but I'm experiencing lots of collision detetion problems in this game. I've slipped off the top of the turtles from the centre, died or gotten damaged from jumping on enemies that ordinarily would have killed them and left Crash unharmed. The tribespeople on native fortress wouldn't put their shields up after being jumped on and once I even fell underneath a turtle but somehow still bounced on it only for Crash to remain stuck underneath the turtle for a bit until he dropped down.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The anxiousness to be able to play BotW again and have something new to look forward to...

People are more hyped for Hard Mode but I'm waiting for that Trials of the Sword...Eventide Island was a fun sidequest and now we're getting that but as a Cave of Ordeals/Savage Labyrinth...Gold Enemies are one thing but this sounds like it'll be fun as hell...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It lasts for a whole month? Jeez. They better start up the free orbs again... 31 x 2 orbs per day = 62 + 10 for the gauntlet = 72 + 9 from the new story maps = 81 + probably 3 for quests = 84 + 5 Sundays = 89 orbs for me to spend on the Jugdral banner, whenever it shows up. It'll happen eventually, right?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also, news on what's coming in the 1.5.0 update: https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/topics/index.html?id=detail-20170630

Chain Challenge and Squad Assault will be added to Story Maps. Both modes challenge you to play a series of maps.

Clear Chain Challenge on Normal and Hard to earn Hero Feathers, and clear on Lunatic to earn Orbs.

Squad Assault is a very difficult mode where Heroes will be captured by the enemy after completing a map. Once captured, they cannot be deployed again until the challenge ends. Clear this mode to earn Sacred Seals and Orbs!
Yay, more ways to get feathers and orbs. Needed this badly.

Improvements to Tempest Trials
1. When retrying a stage, injured enemies' HP will not regenerate while defeated enemies will stay defeated.
If an enemy’s HP is high, just as in ver. 1.4.0, their HP will decrease for the next challenge. (When determining whether to retain a wounded enemy's HP value or decrease their HP, the game will use whichever value is lower.)

2. Scores for Normal and Hard have been adjusted.
The new base scores are shown below:
Lunatic 40 points (no change)
Hard 35 points
Normal 30 points
I'd have preferred if they did something about the ridiculous amount of points needed to earn the rewards, and make the whole thing less of a grind, but I guess these are steps in the right direction, at least.

In Settings, you can now set Show Danger Area to On if you would like it automatically activated at the beginning of a map.
10/10 best update yet.

It lasts for a whole month? Jeez. They better start up the free orbs again... 31 x 2 orbs per day = 62 + 10 for the gauntlet = 72 + 9 from the new story maps = 81 + probably 3 for quests = 84 + 5 Sundays = 89 orbs for me to spend on the Jugdral banner, whenever it shows up. It'll happen eventually, right?
"i've cleared the beach of trash, as well as driftwood and shells"
so Gaius is Frederick now?

Filing this under "things I didn't know I needed to see"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, news on what's coming in the 1.5.0 update: https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/topics/index.html?id=detail-20170630

Yay, more ways to get feathers and orbs. Needed this badly.

I'd have preferred if they did something about the ridiculous amount of points needed to earn the rewards, and make the whole thing less of a grind, but I guess these are steps in the right direction, at least.

10/10 best update yet.
The addition of enemies staying dead in TT is so good. I was annoyed by that. Really solid adjustment.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/549/1549092/

Some more details in here:

- Update goes live on 5th July (in Japan, they don't give an exact time so it could be the 4th for the rest of us).
- Login bonus orbs confirmed for the summer banner. I think it lasts the duration of the banner, but I'm not certain.
- For Chain Challenge, you can choose to play either one chapter, or two chapters, all in sequence. Like the Tempest Trials, defeated units stay dead until the end of a run, and you have a limited number of teams you can deploy.
- For Squad Assault, you play five maps in sequence, but you must deploy a new team for each map. So you'll need a total of 20 units to clear it. Probably going to be better suited to long-time players and whales.
- New Sacred Seals are confirmed, and can be earned via the new game modes; one screenshot shows one called "Chapter 1 Labyrinth Champion 1" (referring to the Squad Assault mode), but it doesn't say what it does. All 20 units must survive if you want to get the reward.
- Starting from tomorrow, on Fridays and Saturdays, SP gain is doubled. Not sure if this is a temporary or permanent thing.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In a good or bad way?

For me, anything from Crapcom is utter and horrible garbage. F*** you, Crapcom.
Yeah! Zero is terrible.

But for real though Resident Evil 7 was incredible. If Nintendo got some of that talent, good for Nintendo.

Stop your hate boner for just a second to think logically.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In less snarky news, I went paintballing with Spainish kids and fell down and hurt my leg bad. RIP my leg. It'll heal and all, but I hurts.

While paintballing though, one girl who fell down. Her friend ran over and put her gun up in the air, which is the sign not to shoot and that you surrender. Some Spanish guys continued to shoot. Now I have no idea if they realized she surrendered. I'll probably never know and that's not my main concern.

My main concern is that the chaperone defended the guys saying that's just how guys are. Uh no. If that was intentional, that's what bullies do. I told her that and I don't care if she was a bit taken aback by that. Men or women shouldn't act like that and literally shoot someone while they're down when it's just a game.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
In terms of Smash bros. character ideas, you would rarely see an idea of a playable support character, which is a shame too since a support type of character would be not only unique for smash but also great for team battles.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
A support character may be good for team battles, but they have to work for all sorts of situations outside of teams. If they're trash in everything else (remember that it's not just 1v1 or 2v2), then there's really not much value in them.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Completed crash 1, only missing 8 gems. Onto Crash 2 now.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As much as I want to take on the Master Trials now I'm gonna have to do this some other time since it's pretty late right now...probably won't be able to take them on until tomorrow night since I'm expecting a busy day at work tomorrow...

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Gamespot just put out 7 new minutes of the DBFZ. Nothing new in this video, but it's just a nice reminder how gorgeous this game is. It's a dream come true, really. I can't wait for all the footage reveals to come in the future. Here's hoping I get access to the beta.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Really liking those FEHeroes updates. Also those EXP changes. And I certainly hope those SP double weekends are permanent. I need moments for my characters to get SP and they could really use the 240-260 SP per run.

Also, did a couple more Friend Summons and one more Saint Quartz summon in F/GO. For my Saint Quartz summon, got Marie Antoinette. Heard that she isn't good at getting Crit Stars or NP Gain despite her having 2 Quick and Art cards each, but can be incredibly tanky later and is a cinnamon roll in personality. Also, got Julius Caesar and Ushiwakamaru(I swear, the frickin' outfits they chose for both her and Boudica for their first look :glare:) as well.
For my Friend Summons, got Blackbeard, Caligula and my childhood hero, Saint George. Heard many good things about George. I'm feeling he's going to be one of my main ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom