• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I was just joking around, lol. :p

In truth, I just kinda got less into the game in recent times so I stopped trying to go for efficiency and just went for putting stuff into characters I like. I have been getting a bit better lately but I still just don't like the grind for Hero Feathers.
Yeah, that's the rub. If you keep up with the game and build up a good base of resources to work with, it's not so bad even as an F2P. But it can be a real drag if you come in late or stop keeping up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG my mother signed me up to "find local jobs" and I just got a series of calls from people trying to get me into various colleges because of some option she clicked

I can't afford to go $10,000 in debt so I'm not interested in further college at this time!

Unless I somehow get rich, but then what use is the further college?

I wonder if she signed me up to something that was a scam because all these random people now have my information

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can't afford to go $10,000 in debt so I'm not interested in further college at this time!
That exactly how I am. my dad said " If it were me, Id brave the debt and go to another school"

I just stayed silent the whole car ride thinking "Are you gonna help me pay off the debt? You know I dont have the money for a full college"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That exactly how I am. my dad said " If it were me, Id brave the debt and go to another school"

I just stayed silent the whole car ride lol
My dad's the exact opposite. Mostly because he did go into debt and his degree ended up being useless. So he encourages not getting further education

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll be streaming my game play of N. Sane Trilogy at launch when it hits midnight, which is in about 1 hour and 30 minutes for me. I'll embed the YouTube link here about 15 minutes in advance.

No commentary or anything but hopefully it will tide those of you over who have to wait a little longer to play. I haven't played Crash in a while (unless you count Uncharted 4), but I'd like to think I'm pretty good at platformers so hopefully I can provide some decently paced gameplay, unlike a lot of the footage so far. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe I should get into Fire Emble--
It sounds worse than it actually was, honestly. Like, they just edited the bikini to be slightly less short.

Either way I wouldn't let one optional seasonal costume for one character in a mobile game spin off to deter you from the main series. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I found out people are unironically celebrating Heterosexual Pride Day. If you believe this is a genuine thing to celebrate, please rub 5 tubes worth of toothpaste in your eyes
Not that I feel a need to celebrate it but I don't see the issue with this since it's just people celebrating who they are (which is what all of these pride celebrations are supposed to be about anyway) and if you do see a problem with it, you have blatant double standards.

Sure, heterosexuals my not necessarily have had to deal with serious, widespread oppression, but that's not a requirement in validating pride and a desire to celebrate it.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Got my copy of the N. Sane Trilogy!

Recently played the originals while waiting for this. Can't wait to check out how everything looks now.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So there was a new interview regarding Fire Emblem Warriors.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...developers_on_characters_game_design_and_more

Basically, some noteworthy highlights:

-The twins were done to be more like characters who could learn from the protagonists, rather than one strong character leading them all.
-Local Co-op is confirmed.
-All existing Fire Emblem Amiibo are compatible, but they didn't say what they do yet.
-No online functionality at this moment.
-Koei Tecmo showed their list of who they wanted to IS first. Than when IS asked if they could add "this character or that character", Koei made a couple more suggestions.
-Initial work on Fire Emblem Warriors began around 2 years ago before being shown in January.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I like that I can have 3 digimon at a time so I can have Agumon, Gabumon and Biyomon all in my team.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Forgot that I can't stream the home menu, but here's my Crash stream since the game just went live.

D

Deleted member

So... uhm, how do I say this? Well... they released some screenshots of the Rohan OVA and....... I think it's best for you all to watch it for yourselves
Part 3 OVA is officially the best Jojo OVA

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Aww, Crash doesn't jump up and scream YEEEEEHAAAAAWWWW after beating a boss anymore.

D

Deleted member

Sure, heterosexuals my not necessarily have had to deal with serious, widespread oppression
Except that's exactly why it makes no sense for heterosexuals to have a pride day. The reason why LGBT pride is not strictly due to us existing.

It's a celebration of what we've achieved. And that's a big deal because of what we've had to face.

I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand.
So... uhm, how do I say this? Well... they released some screenshots of the Rohan OVA and....... I think it's best for you all to watch it for yourselves

Oh yeah, I saw that earlier.

I think Za Hando erased chromosomes from everyone, Okuyasu especially.... WHAT THE ****

Chrono.

Seems like David Pro wants to emulate Araki's newer style but the problem is even in the manga the faces look like ass.

Just stick to the Part 4-6 artstyle.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Not that I feel a need to celebrate it but I don't see the issue with this since it's just people celebrating who they are (which is what all of these pride celebrations are supposed to be about anyway) and if you do see a problem with it, you have blatant double standards.

Sure, heterosexuals my not necessarily have had to deal with serious, widespread oppression, but that's not a requirement in validating pride and a desire to celebrate it.
You're missing the point. It is because straight people don't have to deal with abuse and oppression, that the concept of a "heterosexual pride day" is so ludicrous. If a straight person wants an opportunity to be free and open about who they are, and to celebrate that fact without opening themselves up to abuse, they have literally every day of the year to do it. They don't need to pick a specific date to do it on.

If you're an LGBT person, you have no such luxuries - that's why LGBT pride events exist in the first place; to draw attention to the oppression they face, to give them an opportunity to feel safe and free to openly be themselves without having abuse thrown at them for it, and to celebrate the progress that has been made and highlight how much more progress must be made before they can truly be considered equal in society. Straight people have no such oppression to draw attention to, or equality to pursue - that's the problem with the idea of a "heterosexual pride day".

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hog Wild is a very easy Platinum Relic.

D

Deleted member

*goes to the LWA tag on tumblr*
Someone help me I'm dying
Except that's exactly why it makes no sense for heterosexuals to have a pride day. The reason why LGBT pride is not strictly due to us existing.

It's a celebration of what we've achieved. And that's a big deal because of what we've had to face.

I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand.

Oh yeah, I saw that earlier.

I think Za Hando erased chromosomes from everyone, Okuyasu especially.... WHAT THE ****
I'm more worried about Koichi, that face will haunt my dreams
Seems like David Pro wants to emulate Araki's newer style but the problem is even in the manga the faces look like ***.

Oh god, I hope this doesn't happen to Part 5
Like, if they gave Part 1-3 the Part 4 artstyle, it would be jarring too. Part 4 wasn't made with the part 8 artstyle

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I must be the only one that isntnin a tizzy about stright people doing stright people things.

And before you all ride on my nonexistent balls, I have a gf. i just dont get upset about what they do and I focus on what I do

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh god, I hope this doesn't happen to Part 5
Why would it happen to part 5? It's not like they're going to have part 5 in the part 8 artstyle, this was only the case because the Rohan manga had the part 8 artstyle.(It didn't look as unnatural though, especially Rohan who's jaw wasn't so damn big.)
Seems like David Pro wants to emulate Araki's newer style but the problem is even in the manga the faces look like ***.

Part 4, 5, and 6 all have pretty different art styles, all of the parts do. Same goes for part 7 and part 8. As a result it's very easy to tell which is which even just looking at one panel.

It just looks weird whenever a character is mismatched from a part they're not in.

That's also why you get things like Jotaro reverse aging if a character is in multiple parts.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not that I feel like there's a real issue with having pride in something...but I feel like a 'Heterosexual Pride day' is an attempt at mocking gay pride...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You're missing the point. It is because straight people don't have to deal with abuse and oppression, that the concept of a "heterosexual pride day" is so ludicrous. If a straight person wants an opportunity to be free and open about who they are, and to celebrate that fact without opening themselves up to abuse, they have literally every day of the year to do it. They don't need to pick a specific date to do it on.

If you're an LGBT person, you have no such luxuries - that's why LGBT pride events exist in the first place; to draw attention to the oppression they face, to give them an opportunity to feel safe and free to openly be themselves without having abuse thrown at them for it, and to celebrate the progress that has been made and highlight how much more progress must be made before they can truly be considered equal in society. Straight people have no such oppression to draw attention to, or equality to pursue - that's the problem with the idea of a "heterosexual pride day".
I still heavily disagree with this on a fundamental level, especially in today's society, but I'm not opening that can of worms today.

-------

I died to Papu Papu. I kicked his butt right after but I'll never live that down.

Also Native Fortress still gives me a lot of trouble, everything else was easy though.

Chrono.

That one's called MetalKoromon in the dubs, right? The one that looks kind of like a Bombchu, right? I don't remember the proper Japanese name.

View attachment 131128
I think he meant "Ya, Koromon can etc etc" since in CS regular Koromon evolves into ToyAgumon.

Speaking of him, I was always a bit annoyed at how ToyAgumon never got a full lego-Greymon evolution line.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nee this is a legit toyagumon.
I'm still confused. >.<

I think he meant "Ya, Koromon can etc etc" since in CS regular Koromon evolves into ToyAgumon.

Speaking of him, I was always a bit annoyed at how ToyAgumon never got a full lego-Greymon evolution line.
I'm less confused if this is what you meant, Praline.

I myself made only one Digimon akin to that, called CastleGreymon. It's basically just Greymon with a castle Lego piece(the ones used to create the top of towers) on it. This was before GeoGreymon(who admittedly is kind of that in a sense, albeit not the same kind of helmet) was revealed too. XD

That said, I think a line going into Puppetmon would be neat. It's just too bad there aren't enough Puppet types to go into officially(as in a possible line via the games/anime). Omekamon makes a good Champion, and for Ultimate, well, more than one Puppet choice. Either version of Monzaemon works well enough. Albeit, since we've seen quite a few Digimon with the only difference being their attribute(Vaccine, Virus, or Data), I could easily see a Vaccine version of Puppetmon working. We've seen a heroic one overall in Season 6(Xros Wars, Fusion), after all.

Some reviews for Crash Bandicoot have been pretty funny

"I died a lot so it's like Dark Souls"

****ing hell

Yes Crash 1 is hard.

It is absolutely nothign like Super Meat Boy, Dark Souls, or The Binding of Isaac.

The only way I can explain this is that adding "dark souls" means more clicks from google search.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh thank god you can reattempt bonus levels in Crash 1 now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm still confused. >.<

I'm less confused if this is what you meant, Praline.

I myself made only one Digimon akin to that, called CastleGreymon. It's basically just Greymon with a castle Lego piece(the ones used to create the top of towers) on it. This was before GeoGreymon(who admittedly is kind of that in a sense, albeit not the same kind of helmet) was revealed too. XD

That said, I think a line going into Puppetmon would be neat. It's just too bad there aren't enough Puppet types to go into officially(as in a possible line via the games/anime). Omekamon makes a good Champion, and for Ultimate, well, more than one Puppet choice. Either version of Monzaemon works well enough. Albeit, since we've seen quite a few Digimon with the only difference being their attribute(Vaccine, Virus, or Data), I could easily see a Vaccine version of Puppetmon working. We've seen a heroic one overall in Season 6(Xros Wars, Fusion), after all.
Ja ja that's what I meant.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So you don't have to complete a level in one go to get the gems now, except for the coloured ones.
And I died right at the end. With only 3 boxes to go. I thought I was free from this bs.

D

Deleted member

ITT: Santa Claus, Heterophobia and Chunky Kong Assist Trophy, three myths that were taken far too seriously.

Also
WHAT
Opossum Opossum Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen @Someone in this thread that I forgot about
Kinda spoilerish I guess but
Toffee killed Moon's mum
Eclipsa is alive
Moon made some sort of deal with her
WHAT IS GOING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom