• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not trash, I'm garbage!

The English OVA's voices didn't have the same feeling as the Jaoanese ones tbh
I literally didn't have time, we talked about it yesterday(or was it Wednesday, can't recall).
KissAnime is superslow on mobile so I'll watch it when I have my computer

Traaaaaaaash
I disagree
1: You did not mention this
2: I used a ****ing Wii U gamepad

D

Deleted member

Traaaaaaaash
I disagree
1: You did not mention this
2: I used a ****ing Wii U gamepad
My problem isn't the loading speeds but how tiring it is to do captchas and open new tabs in mobile, in desktop, it's much easier.
Like, I'll download an episode on my phone every week but if I have to binge watch it I'll do on my PC.

Speaking of downloading things on KissAnime, Fate/Apocrypha starts tomorrow so that's cool.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
sooo while your all spending your orbs on the money pit banner that is the summer banner lets all try and guess what the banner for the choose your legends heroes will be specifically the weapons

Ike: Axe
Lucina: Lance/flier
Roy: Dragon stone/Red
Lyn: Bow

if your wodnering why i gave roy a dragon stone....its because the manga for FE7 paired up eliwood and ninian and really it was either that or roy get hectors axe like that one image....actually that'd be pretty rad

lmao. 2 Ex-Aid actors played Tekken 7 against each other and the one who plays 'Genius Gamer M' wrecked the other one's **** with Eddy. Does Eddy have a reputation for being broken or something? cause the fandom's screeching that M is a cheat
yes....eddy gorodo is known as the button masher character

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
sooo while your all spending your orbs on the money pit banner that is the summer banner lets all try and guess what the banner for the choose your legends heroes will be specifically the weapons

if your wodnering why i gave roy a dragon stone....its because the manga for FE7 paired up eliwood and ninian and really it was either that or roy get hectors axe like that one image....actually that'd be pretty rad

As expected of the genius gamer, chooses the broken character

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure they'll go with their main weapons for it.
And EliwoodXNinian was always canon but considering he's only 1/4 Dragon, I doubt he can even use a Dragonstone, Kanna be damned

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I looked further into the mess of the LWA Netflix thing and found these major criticisms
No simulcast-This means audiences had to pirate or wait 6 months
A week late-Self explanatory
Only half the show available for an undisclosed amount of time-Odd as Netflix is known for binging
Subs are **** compared to fansubs-Official subbers did it for the paycheck, the fansubbers did it out of love, therefore less effort was put in
Errors in the English dub release for some regions-This had no right to happen, how come some people can only see 4 dubbed episodes and some people can't?
Apparently the reason the show updated weekly instead of everything going up at once was because they didn't want people to binge despite that being the appeal of Netflix. Netflix was always seen as an alternative for piracy, but this makes people want to pirate

D

Deleted member

I looked further into the mess of the LWA Netflix thing and found these major criticisms
No simulcast-This means audiences had to pirate or wait 6 months
A week late-Self explanatory
Only half the show available for an undisclosed amount of time-Odd as Netflix is known for binging
Subs are **** compared to fansubs-Official subbers did it for the paycheck, the fansubbers did it out of love, therefore less effort was put in
Errors in the English dub release for some regions-This had no right to happen, how come some people can only see 4 dubbed episodes and some people can't?
Apparently the reason the show updated weekly instead of everything going up at once was because they didn't want people to binge despite that being the appeal of Netflix. Netflix was always seen as an alternative for piracy, but this makes people want to pirate
Netflix is clearly targeting a more casual audience but even them will be hurt by the ****ty subs(seriously, the fansub was amazing and on the oevel of an official one. It's also thanks to them we have "Being young is suffering") and dub mess-up

I just don't see how they couldn't release the episodes as they aired, not everyone has time to bingewatch it and even if it was a week late, it would have been an improvement.

Still, I kinda have to thank them for doing this. Had they simulcasted, we wouldn't have gotten the fansub but would have gotten their ****ty sub regardless

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Netflix is clearly targeting a more casual audience but even them will be hurt by the ****ty subs(seriously, the fansub was amazing and on the oevel of an official one. It's also thanks to them we have "Being young is suffering") and dub mess-up

I just don't see how they couldn't release the episodes as they aired, not everyone has time to bingewatch it and even if it was a week late, it would have been an improvement.

Still, I kinda have to thank them for doing this. Had they simulcasted, we wouldn't have gotten the fansub but would have gotten their ****ty sub regardless

It's frustrating when **** like this happens. Look at Shout Factory's release of Super Sentai, people who checked it out all enjoyed it claiming to be on par the better sub groups or outright better, and Super Sentai is a niche as **** franchise outside Japan, how can a big budget anime done by a critically acclaimed animation studio with fans worldwide get outdone by a franchise known for having the budget of a ham sandwich?

D

Deleted member

It's frustrating when **** like this happens. Look at Shout Factory's release of Super Sentai, people who checked it out all enjoyed it claiming to be on par the better sub groups or outright better, and Super Sentai is a niche as **** franchise outside Japan, how can a big budget anime done by a critically acclaimed animation studio with fans worldwide get outdone by a franchise known for having the budget of a ham sandwich?
The worst part is that this is something NEW to them
Ajin and Seven Deadly Sins still had the issue of lack of simulcast but its dubs were greatly received and the subs were at least not ****(I can't tell as I watched Ajin dubbed and read the manga for Nanatsu) because no one ******* about it.
Now we have the shows's ****ing catchphrase being changed and it's simply not as easy to say it.
Sure, it still has the same meaning but it needs to be easy and simple to say outloud because it's a ****ing catchphrase
"It's your belief in yourself that makes up your magic"
X
"A believing heart is your magic"
One simply flows better than the other

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The worst part is that this is something NEW to them
Ajin and Seven Deadly Sins still had the issue of lack of simulcast but its dubs were greatly received and the subs were at least not ****(I can't tell as I watched Ajin dubbed and read the manga for Nanatsu) because no one ******* about it.
Now we have the shows's ****ing catchphrase being changed and it's simply not as easy to say it.
Sure, it still has the same meaning but it needs to be easy and simple to say outloud because it's a ****ing catchphrase
"It's your belief in yourself that makes up your magic"
X
"A believing heart is your magic"
One simply flows better than the other

I can't stress this enough. Shout Factory. Took Super Sentai, which the general public will ignore because "lol power rangers" and made a lot of money with it. Netflix did THIS. What the **** even happened? I NEED to know what happened behind the scenes

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I can't stress this enough. Shout Factory. Took Super Sentai, which the general public will ignore because "lol power rangers" and made a lot of money with it. Netflix did THIS. What the **** even happened? I NEED to know what happened behind the scenes
my guess is they had zero faith in an anime about magical girls

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
my guess is they had zero faith in an anime about magical girls
But WHY? LWA isn't even a new franchise, one of the OVA's was even funded on Kickstarter! Trigger's an animation company known for success and has a huge following, it doesn't make sense. I can buy Marvel not having faith in the new Inhumans considering they snuck the trailer when everyone only cared about Spidey reviews but this doesn't make any sense

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
But WHY? LWA isn't even a new franchise, one of the OVA's was even funded on Kickstarter! Trigger's an animation company known for success and has a huge following, it doesn't make sense. I can buy Marvel not having faith in the new Inhumans considering they snuck the trailer when everyone only cared about Spidey reviews but this doesn't make any sense
the curse of magical girl anime, name one time the genere didnt get ****ed when being brought over

D

Deleted member

the curse of magical girl anime, name one time the genere didnt get ****ed when being brought over
???
If you mean the censorship from the 90s, that doesn't really apply anymore as seen with Madoka Magicka
Also, LWA isn't even a magical girl anime.
They're witches and that's that, it shares nothing else with the Magical Girl genre, in which just having a girl with magical powers doesn't qualify it as such

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokemon Movie poll results came in. This would have been my second choice after Movie 8. I have no complaints.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Pokemon Movie poll results came in. This would have been my second choice after Movie 8. I have no complaints.

*Not the Darkrai movie*
It's okay to be wrong Japan

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Beat Crash 1 in N. Sane Trilogy. Not 100% but I'll do that some other time. Will move onto Crash 2 next.

It was fun, but there's a few levels that are kind of annoying and a few little niggles that need patching.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd also like to add on that what broke Cardcaptor Sakura's English release was Nirvana having absolutely no idea what they were doing. Taking a girly show for girls and removing the romance and trying to make the male side character who appears a bit later the protagonist
Screwing up the episode order didn't help. Although they didn't succeed well in making Li nearly as a main character eventually, as the focus was enough on Sakura overall. I do actually like that she had a rival, though. It kept it interesting.

Meiling was significantly more annoying, though. The lack of romance was a pointless censorship that was common among dubbed anime as is, so it's not entirely their fault. I think it might've been a standards that was required during that time, mainly to keep the TV rating low. Not saying I agree with it, though, as it was dumb.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The SNES Classic Edition controllers uses the Wii remote plugs just like the NES Classic Edition (except 2 feet longer).

PLEASE let me have one Nintendo.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Heroes was a good movie. I respect that it won.

I wonder if they will release the full results later. I'm curious to see where the Darkrai movie placed. Hopefully, it was around the top 5.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm gonna punch Netflix in the face so ****kng hard
View attachment 131135
Me, an intellectual: "A believing heart is your magic"
IT WASN'T THAT HARD FOR ****'S SAKE
>No English dub in the Brazilian Netflix
>Brazilian Portuguese dub sucks ***
>These ****ing subtitles
>Only the first cour
Someone kill me now
I swear, I'm expecting Croix's name to be romanized as anything but Croix

Maybe it's just because I haven't watched this series, but the translation they went with makes a lot more sense than "A believing heart is your magic."

The latter sounds like stereotypical Engrish.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Had my wisdom teeth pulled out.

I'm tired, hungry, and want to go to bed.

Which isn't too different than how I'm usually am.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

1st place is Mewtwo Strikes Back, good, good, that's expected. What got 2nd place?
*Not Giratina and the Sky Warrior*
somebody's about to be pulled into the Distortion World

Also....
RICK AND MORTY SEASON 3 TRAILER! YEEEESSSSSS!!!!! AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ONE MONTH UNTIL THE RETURN! WOO HOO!

D

Deleted member

Maybe it's just because I haven't watched this series, but the translation they went with makes a lot more sense than "A believing heart is your magic."

The latter sounds like stereotypical Engrish.
I don't see how it's engrish, sounds normal to me but maybe that's because I'm not a native speaker(?)
Still, the Netflix translation is way too long and complicated to be used as the show's catchphrase, those are the Arc Words of the whole show, it needs to be something simple and short, which the fansub got right(even then, I'm pretty sure "A believing heart is your magic" was the official translation in the OVAs).
It'd be like turning Xenoblade's "Create a world with no need for Gods" into "Create a world where the existence of Gods is not necessary", it's just unnecessariy longer and more complicated.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is an amazing feature already.

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE, LWA, IT WAS SAID YOU'D BRING BALANCE TO NETFLIX, NOT PLUNGE IT INTO DARKNESS!
YOU WERE MY SISTER, LWA, I LOVED YOU

I guess LWA just didn't have the High Ground

Chrono.

1st place is Mewtwo Strikes Back, good, good, that's expected. What got 2nd place?
*Not Giratina and the Sky Warrior*
somebody's about to be pulled into the Distortion World

Also....
RICK AND MORTY SEASON 3 TRAILER! YEEEESSSSSS!!!!! AHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! ONE MONTH UNTIL THE RETURN! WOO HOO!
Wait what?

It clearly says on that tweet that Pokemon Heroes got first place.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't see how it's engrish, sounds normal to me but maybe that's because I'm not a native speaker(?)
Still, the Netflix translation is way too long and complicated to be used as the show's catchphrase, those are the Arc Words of the whole show, it needs to be something simple and short, which the fansub got right(even then, I'm pretty sure "A believing heart is your magic" was the official translation in the OVAs).
It'd be like turning Xenoblade's "Create a world with no need for Gods" into "Create a world where the existence of Gods is not necessary", it's just unnecessariy longer and more complicated.

"A believing heart" just sounds incredibly awkward. The version they went with sounds a lot more natural.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The N. Sane Trilogy soundtrack is on Spotify, if any of you need some tunes to crash to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom