• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I watched Baby driver earlier... Around 7:40 Central and it's 1 a.m. right now... I'm still sitting here trying to process the emotions this movie made me feel. I'm in awe. It's actually one of the best movies I've seen. Period. Just wow. I'm not even a huge Edgar Wright fan, Hot Fuzz is the only one of his movies I've seen, but holy... this movie has almost no flaws and the ones that are there are so miniscule they don't even make an impact on the film.

I'm still gonna need some time to process my feelings on this movie so I can't really get into the details of why it's so good but believe me, if you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor. Watch it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Maybe I'll hop on the new DLC, but I most likely won't. Outside of the Eventide Island on steroids dungeon, there doesn't seem to be much substantial. A new tier of enemies isn't all that exciting when, outside of possibly Lynels, there's no need to play around them differently. They do more and take more damage, real interesting game design.

Unless there's something else major I'm missing, I'll prob just wait till DLC #2 to hop back in.

edit: I just remembered Hard Mode was a thing. Anyone know how much that changes things?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe I'll hop on the new DLC, but I most likely won't. Outside of the Eventide Island on steroids dungeon, there doesn't seem to be much substantial. A new tier of enemies isn't all that exciting when, outside of possibly Lynels, there's no need to play around them differently. They do more and take more damage, real interesting game design.

Unless there's something else major I'm missing, I'll prob just wait till DLC #2 to hop back in.

edit: I just remembered Hard Mode was a thing. Anyone know how much that changes things?
Changes enemy difficulty and placement entirely.

Also adds air fleets of enemies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Changes enemy difficulty and placement entirely.

Also adds air fleets of enemies.
Hmm... Guess I'll have to check it out. One of my biggest issues with BotW is how everything, excluding the Lynel didn't really require much out of the player. If Hard Mode fixes that, it'll be a huge boon

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Replying with just an image is against site rules. Add text.

Plus you are taking that joke too seriously.

Plus the image is broken. :p
The irony is the text they edited in is the only thing preventing it from being spam. XD Kind of glad the image is broken, though. Triggered Memes aren't all that funny at this point, imo.

Chrono.

Gamespot just put out 7 new minutes of the DBFZ. Nothing new in this video, but it's just a nice reminder how gorgeous this game is. It's a dream come true, really. I can't wait for all the footage reveals to come in the future. Here's hoping I get access to the beta.
Yo this is the first time I've gotten a good listen at the music, and it sounds amazing.

My one worry with the game is that it'll lack substantial content. But Arc are very good about this, so I think and hope it'll be fine.

D

Deleted member

Gamespot just put out 7 new minutes of the DBFZ. Nothing new in this video, but it's just a nice reminder how gorgeous this game is. It's a dream come true, really. I can't wait for all the footage reveals to come in the future. Here's hoping I get access to the beta.
I just have one important question.

Wen Broly?

Chrono.

Yeah from what I'm hearing Master Mode in BOTW doesn't just make the enemies beefier with health, they're smarter too.

Guardians won't fire lasers if you put your shield up, for example.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Geez, that was close. I need to watch myself more often.

oh noes dont ban plz
If it makes you feel any better, I only ban spambots on the spot, and I've never had to give enough points for an actual temp ban. Thankfully. I'd prefer not to, and that's a good thing, as I deal with users who aren't severely breaking the rules. I like seeing that, since it makes me proud to see users becoming better in the section I moderate. Think of it similar to how a Teacher feels when their student accomplishes stuff.

And yeah, it was more luck on your part. You understand what to do to avoid spam, though, right? That's the most important part.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah from what I'm hearing Master Mode in BOTW doesn't just make the enemies beefier with health, they're smarter too.

And it adds enemies in places that didn't have them before, as well! I've heard through the grapevine that they use it to great effect early on...

...by having a Lynel patrolling part of the Great Plateau! Nothing says "Hard Mode" like turning some of your early game scavenging into a stealth mission, huh?

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Okay, I'm getting a lot more interested in this. Is it possible to just swap to hard mode with a current save, or do we need to start again? Definitely want to try this, but I dunno if I want to go through everything again.

Chrono.

Okay, I'm getting a lot more interested in this. Is it possible to just swap to hard mode with a current save, or do we need to start again? Definitely want to try this, but I dunno if I want to go through everything again.
You have to start over, yeah.

Master and Normal mode are two separate files.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So now that it has been about one month since Fire Emblem Echoes has been released outside of Japan, I think our opinions on the game that have taken a solid shape. The cast is likely among those opinions.

That said, I want to start a discussion topic for all those that have played/finishes Echoes.

Who are your top 10 favorite characters in Fire Emblem Echoes?

Here's mine:

OK, I'll admit this one is a bit cheating because of the tie, but I really do enjoy both characters equally. Mae is that one friend who always lightens the setting with a bright, cheery, and confident personality while acting very casual. She is so optimistic, one of her quotes when she is low on health is, "Sure, I'm still hyper. Let's go!" She also seems to have a keen sense of the situation, whether it'd be calling out the cliche of people dying right when they are about to say something important, or just highlighting another's personality traits.

Meanwhile, Boey is nowhere as cheery and bright as Mae is. He suffers from insecurities of his own, and that is related to his backstory where he grew up in an impoverished setting with his dad as a fisherman. Because of his insecurity, he tries to put up a good impression of calm and refined confidence, yet he has moments where he freaks out whether it'd be fighting terrors or Mae playfully teases him. Even when others mess with Boey, he still acts well. I also liked his development throughout the story: he overcomes his fear of terrors (well, except for that one scene with the Necrodragons), and he puts up a more earnest act.

I also love the dynamic between Mae and Boey. Mae likes to tease and mess with Boey, and Boey sometimes does so back to her as well, but you can tell they are still close friends regardless. More than that, you can tell they have some romance going on between each other, especially Mae to Boey. I also enjoy how they both treat Celica like a close friend while still respecting her and vowing to make sure she is safe just like usual retainers. Come to think of it, I'd say Mae and Boey are the Hinata and Oboro of Echoes. In Fire Emblem Fates, one of the main reasons why Team Takumi was my favorite royal/retainer group in Fates was because they all treated like close friends while still valuing each other as a respective royal/retainer would. Hinata x Oboro also turned out to be a pretty cute shipping, just like Mae x Boey.

In terms of their performance as a unit, both were pretty good. Mae was the glass cannon mage while Boey was the tanky one. Surprisingly, my Boey had a pretty good Speed stat in my playthrough. His initial investment in Speed stats at an early stat spring followed with lucky levels made his speed stat close to Mae's. When it came down to the differences, my Mae had higher Resistance but lower Defense, while my Boey had higher Defense but lower Resistance.

Now, if I was forced to pick between Mae and Boey in terms of who I look more, I would go with Boey. I'm more drawn to the insecure characters since it's a trait I can relate to, hence why I'd pick him. Also, I love it when he says, "Evading attacks is easy when you can see what's coming." That quote matches perfectly with that smirk of his!

Make way for the Queen of High Society, because boy did she sure leave a good impression on me. She acts like your average high-class teenage girl with an overbearing personality, but beyond it, we also see a woman who is willing to learn about the world around her. It's nice how she wants to learn more about the common folk and the world around her. That shows she has a high curiosity to her surroundings, and it makes her quite endearing to me. She isn't afraid to speak her mind, but she also values the impression she gives onto others and thus does her best to act well. If she feels her manner didn't carry out as well as she intended, she feels guilt and apologizes.

Gameplay-wise, Clair started out lackluster at first, but as the game proceeded, she became a better unit with each passing level up, to the point she became a really good unit. She took on terrors like a boss, and she could even hold her own against some mages as well.

The homosexual character of this game was quite the likable character. Leon has a sharp tongue but is also very honest. He's also a sympathetic character in regards to his first love and how the death of which devastated him, but then Valbar intervened and consoled him during those times. It was from that moment Leon fell in love with Valbar and vowed to fight along his side. For a romance-type of character, I think Valbar is well-written. His feelings for Valbar never reach creepy, obsessive levels to the point it solely defines his character in a negative-way. It's the genuine type of love that you can't help but appreciate.

Leon was a pretty good unit too. While he wasn't as good as Tobin and Python in the later chapters while being a Bow Knight, he still got the job done when he needed to. He scored criticals rather often, and his battle quotes are really enjoyable too.

Mathilda certainly lives up to title as "War Goddess" really well. This woman was my best unit on Alm's army, and not counting the Alm and Celica, I'd go as far as say she was my best unit in the game alongside the #6 individual. Mathilda had some great stats all around, and while her Defense-stat was lackluster at first, promoting into a Gold Knight definitely fixed that issue. She could hit reliably while doubling, and she could handle most attacks really well. I still remember how Mathilda tore apart Jedah during the endgame map, capable of surviving Jedah's death spell while dishing out major damage to him.

She was a really likable character too. Her interactions with Clive were memorable, and so was her dialogue with the other Deliverance members in the Rise of the Deliverance DLC. I especially liked her supports with Clair. There, we saw her act like an older sister figure, and you can tell they would get along well as sisters-in-law. Speaking of sisters, I was surprised to learn she had four younger sisters of her own. Judging by what she says about them, they seem to be a fun and playful bunch, and Mathilda can't help but say, "Ah well, they're my younger sisters all right. They look up to me, and that's what they do."

Mathilda also has moments of doubt. Growing up, she trained under her father, a distinguished warrior. There were times when Mathilda wondered if she should be more like the other maidens who weren't so focused on war, but she pressed on in her training after hearing their opinion. She also admits she can be a clumsy dancer, at least if her Memory Prism with Clive is anything to go by.

When I first saw this man in the Fire Emblem Echoes reveal trailer followed by his official art, I had a feeling Saber would be a badass I was going to like, and my prediction turned out true. This guy IS badass. Saber is very blunt and honest with his speech. As an average mercenary, he initially decides to tag along with Celica for the money, but as the game progresses, he becomes a father-figure for her and acts as a voice of reason when the situation calls for it. He had plenty of story moments that I really enjoyed.

He also proved to be my best unit on Celica's army, and he was tied with Mathilda for my best unit in the game. This guy turned into a tanky and speedy Dread Fighter in the later chapters who could handle the majority of enemies in his path. He was able to hold his own against Grieth, and he was also pretty good at taking down all those boss Cantors during Act 4.

Out of all the villagers on Alm's route, Tobin ended up being my favorite of the bunch. He's a pretty honest guy. Tobin joins the army in the hopes of gaining more income to help provide his family. He's also pretty funny. His conversations with Gray are hilarious, and you can tell the two click very well as friends. His level-up quote where he clears his throat in an annoyed fashion was pretty funny too, especially since it fits the situation when he gets an unlucky level-up.

We also learn he has an inferiority complex going on with Alm. We learn how he always wanted to surpass Alm, he hated how his friend/leader was generally better than him at everything. I like the way how he accepts it and moves on. Tobin realizes that Alm is meant to be a leader and that he should become a part of Alm's strength. It was pretty good development in my eyes.

Come to think of it, Tobin reminds me of Takumi in several ways. Aside from both being archers (if Tobin's canon class is anything to go by), they both have an inferiority complex going on with the main character; such a drive is the kind where they feel the need to surpass the other person in question. They are also not afraid to speak their mind on certain situations. Considering the Takumi comparison, I would consider Tobin to be a relatable character, and to me, he's the most relatable of the four Alm villagers.

(Man, I sure do have a tendency to pinpoint character similarities with Takumi these days. I've noticed similarities between Takumi and Tobin in the weeks following Echoes' release, and just recently, I identified the similarities between Takumi and Rem from Re:Zero)

I turned my Tobin into an Archer in my playthrough, and he sure did a really good job at it. He scored plenty of critical hits and hit quite reliably most of the time. Some of his battle quotes were fun to listen to as well, from the one critical quote where he says, "you and me" to his one victory quote where he says, "Never count Tobin out." The latter definitely fits his personality on how he doesn't want to be left behind and forgotten.

Python likes to call Lukas the "ginger stud," and indeed he is. This guy is capable of staying calm, collected, and polite even when times get tough, whether it'd be a difficult battle or Fernand bullying him following Clair's rescue. In the way, he reminds me of Professor Layton, another video game character who is capable of remaining calm even in the most tense moments. Lukas can also reprimand his fellow soldiers when necessary.

This guy is quite an ideal soldier, but we also see human moments come out of him. In his supports with Clive, he ponders whether he should still remain calm and emotionless during war, but Clive assures him that those traits are what makes him unique in the army. As such, Lukas should value them. We also learn his backstory in his base conversations, his supports with Python, and his supports with Forsyth. Lukas's older half-brother forced him to enlist in the Deliverance just for his (the half brother's) personal gain. His father also wanted him to focus more on training and becoming a soldier then reading books and becoming a scholar. Because of his forced upbringings, Lukas yearns for books and is willing to read one when he gets the chance. We also learn that he had a woman that he courted in the past, but when he reflects on that, he wonders if he really had feelings for her since he notices he doesn't miss her whatsoever. He ultimately concludes he never loved her.

Lukas proved to be quite a cool dude with an interesting backstory, but what really solidified Lukas into the number 4 position was his spotlight in the Rise of the Deliverance DLC. He proves to arguably be the most badass character in the game during the 4th Deliverance DLC map. There, he manages to score a safe passage out of the Zofia Castle for the Deliverance by threatening to behead all the Rigelians that were trying to escape the country. He delivered this threat in front of a really cocky Slayde, and boy did that give Slayde a shock! I also love how Lukas smack talks Fernand following the escape while remaining calm and strict. Seriously, Lukas deserves an award after such an incredible display of war negotiations.

As a unit, Lukas proved to hold very well on his as a Baron. He could tank plenty of hits and deal some pretty good damage back onto his foes. Admittedly, he wasn't my best Baron though. That title goes to my number 2 spot for reasons that will be explained once I get there. Still, Lukas was a pretty solid unit.

Conrad was a character I really grew to like after reading his supports and base conversations. This man has two different personas that depend on whether or not he wears his mask. If he wears the mask, he's your average calm and collected badass. When the mask is off, Conrad becomes a dorky individual. This makes him unique compared to other masked individuals in video games, where such characters usually retain their personality even when their identity is exposed. Conrad stands out he's a masked character who is secretly dorky yet kind deep-down. His supports also reveal he is a very sensitive, as shown by what makes him wear and remove his mask in his supports with Celica. Sensitive characters are those that I tend to like because I'm a sensitive guy myself, and that makes me relate to them.

Conrad also has a great backstory. We learn that he was bullied by the other royal Zofian children growing up because of how he was the illegitimate child of King Lima IV and a Rigelian woman, but Celica and Liprica were the only two people to treat him with kindness. Due to this, he developed a close attachment to Celica. What I like about his relationship with her is that it is the genuine kind of sibling affection. It never reaches disturbing levels, unlike Camilla to Corrin.

I admit that Conrad could've done better in the story though. He was a walking deux-ex-machina for a good chunk of the story until he revealed his identity. I did enjoy his big moment in Act 4 though, especially when he smacked Celica in the face after she said no one cared about her. I also liked how he calls her out at the top of Duma Tower when he tells her, "You promised you wouldn't give your life away, remember?" He also had a really badass moment when he smack-talked Saber and Boey as they had to fight the Mogalls.

Although Conrad's support with Celica was great, I wish he had more supports. He definitely could've had some support convos with Boey considering that Celica tells Boey that he reminds her of Conrad at the beginning of Act 2, so him and Conrad could've talked about their similarities, as well as more about their upbringings. Maybe Conrad will get his own DLC map in the future so that they flesh him out more and unlock more Conrad supports for beating the same way the Deliverance DLC maps did for those Deliverance members? That would be pretty cool.

Conrad was also one of my best units in the game. After grinding him up and promoting him in the Treescape dungeon, he was very capable of handling the majority of enemies of his own. He could dish out major damage thanks to his high Strength and forged Silver Lance, double most enemies, and tank most enemies (mages included; he has the highest Resistance growth in the game!). He was my MVP in the Duma Tower dungeon, and he also did really well in the postgame pirate maps and the first half of the Thabes Labyrinth before I had to retreat. The only cavalier that outclassed him in my playthrough was Mathilda.

Ah Forsyth, you are truly a joy to Alm's army, you know that?

Forsyth is a very passionate man who takes his job seriously. He is both very passionate in executing his duties as a soldier and lieutenant of the Deliverance and very passionate in boosting war morale amongst the other soldiers. This guy is very much like what I was back in high school: an energetic go-getter in certain settings that wanted to motivate others to do something (i.e. leading a school cheer for everyone in my high school that was watching a major sports match). To this day, there are times where I still act like that, so seeing a character who acts a lot like I do is one that I can't help but smile for.

Story dialogue in the second Rise of the Deliverance DLC map and Lukas and Clive's supports also reveal that Forsyth is a very sensitive individual. He takes every word, suggestion, and comment quite literally. In fact, one criticism directed against him would affect quite enough to the point he will contemplate and wonder what he can do to leave a better impression. I'm a pretty sensitive guy myself. Like Forsyth, I take every suggestion, comment, criticism directed at me to heart, and my reactions to them are much like Forsyth's reactions.

We also learn that he enjoys reading a good book in the midst of battle. That reminds me of how I might check my phone every now and then in the middle of something important.

So all of this considered, you can see why Forsyth is very relatable to me.

He also has a pretty good backstory. We learn that his father was a scholar, and he wanted his son to become a scholar too despite the latter desiring to become a knight. He was also childhood friends with Python, and Forsyth eventually convinced him to join the Deliverance. Both were just ordinary common folk in an army of nobles, so they had a tough time getting used to the others except for one: Clive. It was Clive that treated Forsyth and Python as equals and made sure they were well taken care of. Clive even made Forsyth a lieutenant despite most other Deliverance members protesting the opposite, and because of that, Forsyth grew to admire and respect Clive.

Gameplay-wise, Forsyth ultimately became my best Baron in the game. He had the highest Defense in my army, and his Strength was high enough to deal some pretty good damage. He also had some decent speed to boot, which gave him a number of opportunities to double. Compared to Lukas, his Resistance was also good enough that Witches were no trouble for him. In fact, he even slaughtered them when they arrived! I'd say Forsyth was the Oboro of my Echoes playthrough: a tank that could handle both physical and magical damage while dealing large amounts of damage back. Of course, Oboro did a much better job due to her much higher Resistance and Speed stats.

The man. The myth. The legend. It's the one and only Python, and my favorite character in Fire Emblem Echoes.

Python is an individual who I grew to like the deeper I explored the game. When we first meet him, he tells Alm about the Deliverance hideout and how it is teeming with Terrors. He jests with Alm about them, and he also delivers his famous "Lukas you ginger stud" quote to his fellow soldier. When Alm is about to head out, Python puts a fun twist for his recruitment dialogue and asks him, "Rather than me deciding, how about YOU decide if I should come along." I knew from that line that this man would be a humorous individual, and indeed he was. I remember getting some good chuckles in his supports with Lukas. There, we see Python talking to Lukas about love life in a comedic setting: (paraphrased) "Ooooohhhh, Lukas had a crush. Tell us who it was Lukas. We're listeniiiiiiiiiiiing!"

Also, try to feed him some food sometime whenever you're exploring a dungeon with him. Go for something that he doesn't like. Watch him react to it in the most hilarious way possible. He states, "Wow... this is really terrible." When I first heard this quote, I was laughing like a hyena for a good 30 seconds! That line is really funny because the way how he says "wow" makes it sound like he actually enjoyed eating it, but then there's the pause and the second part kicks in and it turns out to be the opposite.

We also learn Python is a really laid-back guy. In fact, one of his quotes to Forsyth sums up this aspect to him perfectly:
Python said:
“Look, I'm not like other folks. I don't like chasing wildly after some dream. Dream's don't fill the belly, and they sure don't pay for life's other comforts. So you know what? I'm happier without 'em.”
His base conversations expand on this laid-back side to him. We learn that he came from a carpenter father and only fought in the Deliverance because of Forsyth's suggestion and the promise of money. Later into the game, Python also states that he doesn't want to rule a country unless he is forced to. Yep, this is the kind of guy that just wants to live each day like it's the present. That way, he can be as carefree as possibly by not worrying about the future.

This whole laid-back side to him is something I can relate to. I mean, I am a hardworker myself, but there are times when I can laid back to the point that I choose put aside dreams and grand wonderings of the future just so I can live in the present and be as carefree as I possibly can. Much like Python's recruitment conversation with Alm, there are also times when someone puts me in a choice of some sort and I tell them, "Well, t's your decision, not mine."

Another topic worth mentioning about Python's personality is that it is a contrast to Forsyth's energetic go-getter attitude. In fact, it's because of their opposing personalities that the two forge a very strong bond (it's like the saying goes: "Opposites attract"!). Both their supports and the memory prism bring out the best in them. In fact, it was that memory prism when Forsyth and Python solidified themselves as my top 2 favorite characters in the game.

Even though he can have cynical worldview, he is also a pretty honest guy who gives sound advice. I really liked how he talks about his views on nobility and common folk in his supports with Clive, and he advises Lukas to move through any sort of love life at his own pace.

Unit-wise, Python was definitely the most frail out of all my Bow Knights, but contrary to what most people say about him, mine turned out to be one of my best units in the game. He hit reliably pretty often and even scored a decent number of criticals. He was using an Iron Bow for most of the game, so that might explain how he didn't miss as much as I thought he would. When he promoted into Bow Knight, he continued to hit reliably with different bows. In fact, he proved to be a very clutch unit in the later battles. Some of the highlights include scoring a critical on the Bow Knight boss in the second-to-last map before the Rudolph map, and he used his Silver Bow to stop the Medusa mage in the final map from attacking so that my other Bow Knight could take care of it from there.

In all, Python is a sarcastic and laid-back individual, but he can be serious when the situation calls for it and is even capable of delivering some good input. His relaxed disposition is something I can relate to. That trait combined with his sarcasm also paves way for some hilarious quotes. Python really has the funniest and best dialogue in the game! He was a valuable unit on my team. This blue-haired man has solidified himself as my favorite character in the game.

Honorable Mentions:

My second favorite of the Alm villagers. Much like Tobin, Gray is very honest and isn't afraid to speak his mind. He also has some really humorous dialogue during the story and even in his supports (remember when he woo'd Clair by saying her eyes look like whirlpools?).

I made my Gray into a Dread Fighter, and he did a pretty good job at it. He slayed most enemies like it was nothing.

I didn't think I'd be attached to Atlas in the pre-release days, but I was in for an unexpected treat. Atlas turned out to be a really enjoyable character. As someone who comes from a rural village, he brings an interesting worldview to the army, which shows in his second base conversation when he talks about mountains. I also had a really good laugh in his first base conversation when he talks about bugs coming out of a rock he was playing with, and it freaked out Celica despite her asking for him to talk about anything. Atlas is an honest who cares about his family and his village, and we do signs of homesickness coming from him.

I turned my Atlas into a Mercenary, and boy was I shocked to see what wonders he would do. The dude turned out to be one of my best Dread Fighters in the game. His Strength stat was so high that he didn't need another sword equipped: a simple shield was enough to fix the Defense issue. Combine all of that with some decent speed, and Atlas proved to an extremely valuable unit.

Now if only he had more support convos, that would be great. I want to learn more about this wonderful man!

Sonya is quite an intriguing character with a great backstory that ties into the game's plot. She has every right to be mad at Jedah for what he did, and I really liked that boss conversation she has with him where we really see her vengeful goal come to life. Like Leon, Sonya can also have a sharp yet honest tongue, which allows for some great dialogue from her.

She also made a pretty good mage in my playthrough. It took some grinding to give her those needed spells, but once she got what she needed, she could take on many foes quite well.

People call Clive a "Gary Stu deconstruction," and honestly, I think that title fits him really well. In-game characters mention how talented of a soldier Clive is. Yet, as his in-game stats show, that's not really the case. Moreover, Clive admits he is far from a perfect soldier at various points in the game, and seeing him admit his weaknesses like that really made him feel human. He knows he still has a lot to learn about the outside world, and it was interesting to see him talk with Alm about certain philosophies (like the initial goal of saving Delthea) or talking with Python for advice on how to approach common folk.

Clive was definitely lackluster as a unit during his time as a Paladin. When he became a Gold Knight, he surprisingly did much better. Admittedly, part of the reason for this is because I gave him all the speed boosts at one stat spring in a later dungeon, and combined with some REALLY lucky level ups, Clive ultimately had a higher Speed stat than Mathilda. His Strength stat was also almost the same as hers. Yet, Mathilda was still the better unit because she had higher Defense and Resistance, and when comparing Clive to Conrad and Zeke, both definitely outclassed him. Despite this, Clive still managed to hold well on his own in the later maps.

Also, bonus points for his Japanese VA being Levi from Attack on Titan. That Hiroshi Kamiya voice is gold!

Echoes is the first time I really learned more about the Pegasus Sisters aside from Heroes, and from reading their dialogue and base conversations, Catria stood out to me the most. As the middle sister, Catria suffers from having her older and younger sisters beat her to the punch in every dialogue, making her seem more quiet. Catria clearly wants to have a say in things, but circumstances hold her back. That is something I can relate to in some conversations I have with my friends, where my friends might beat me to the punch on certain talks and I'm just like, "Well then..."

She was a pretty good unit too. She had some good offensive stats combined with some nice defensive stats to make her a valuable addition to the team.

This knight is quite an admirable fellow. Even though Valbar lost his entire family to pirates and wants to avenge them, he still moves on with his life without dwelling too much about it. He lives his life with no regrets. Valbar even values repaying debts to others, which reminds me of Kaden from Fire Emblem Fates, another favorite of mine who does something similar.

Compared to the other Barons, Valbar was the weakest of the three. He was useful in the early game thanks to his monstrously high Defense stat, but when Act 4 arrived, Valbar had a harder time due to the large numbers of Arcanists and Witches that started kicking in combined with his really low Resistance. Even then, Valbar still proved to be a memorable unit in my experience using him.

I like most of the characters in Fire Emblem Echoes, but these are the ones that I enjoyed the most.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I just finished the Trial of the Sword in my regular save file.
It was disappointingly easy. I died once cumulatively among all three parts. The way the rooms are designed to reward creativity and exploration is a nice touch, but the Final Trials were just standard immobile Guardians, then a mobile Guardian, then a flying Guardian, then one of each kind, then...a Silver Lynel and a bunch of horseback Bokoblin. There was another immobile Guardian too, I guess, but really? That's it?, that's the finale? I still had plenty of fairies, food and Ancient Arrows left, where's my gauntlet of 3 Lynels at once? Where's my Guardian superboss? I got my hopes up way too high to expect something new I guess, like at least a Golden Lynel being thrown in despite being regular mode... It's a little hesitant to throw anything at you that you haven't already been able to handle harder of before, so expect the dungeon to be a review. A fun review, but not a true grit-tester after all.

Here's hoping Master Mode will make me tear my hair out when I someday try this again.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Turns out that a lot of people are having issues with the jump in N. Sane Trilogy, specifically in Crash 1. It appears to not reach as far, which makes some jumps that were fine in the original a lot more tight. Also I'm not the only one with the Turtle issue on High Road.

There was also a weird bug I experienced that a lot of other people did too. Some enemies seem to have been incorrectly programmed to have shield properties when they shouldn't, meaning you get bounced back when you try to spin them. Some of these enemies happen to be right after a pit, so you'll spin attack them after landing, only to get bounced back into the pit you just crossed.

I hope they patch these issues because otherwise it's a really excellent remake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Only 1500 copies of the Samus Returns legacy edition will be available in France...

It's gonna be tough.

D

Deleted member

Daily reminder that Little Witch Academia is finally out on Netflix... the first cour, that is
Well, the last episode did air only a week ago to be fair, I just hope it doesn't take until the end of the hear for them to add the second cour

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just figured out what "smh" means. I've seen people talking about stuff using that for years and I always just made something up depending on how it looked depending on the sentence.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna punch Netflix in the face so ****kng hard
378cf96c-7502-4566-aef9-d71e228871bd.jpg

Me, an intellectual: "A believing heart is your magic"
IT WASN'T THAT HARD FOR ****'S SAKE
>No English dub in the Brazilian Netflix
>Brazilian Portuguese dub sucks ass
>These ****ing subtitles
>Only the first cour
Someone kill me now
I swear, I'm expecting Croix's name to be romanized as anything but Croix

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm gonna punch Netflix in the face so ****kng hard
View attachment 131135
Me, an intellectual: "A believing heart is your magic"
IT WASN'T THAT HARD FOR ****'S SAKE
>No English dub in the Brazilian Netflix
>Brazilian Portuguese dub sucks ***
>These ****ing subtitles
>Only the first cour
Someone kill me now
I swear, I'm expecting Croix's name to be romanized as anything but Croix

We don't even have anything of it in the Netherlandss. Netflix hates everyone outside the US and we hate Netflix back for a reason

D

Deleted member

We don't even have anything of it in the Netherlandss. Netflix hates everyone outside the US and we hate Netflix back for a reason
That's why you should have watched it non-legally vack when it was airing.
Like, everyone who was banking on Netflix to watch it got a kick in the groin: between the disappointing subs and ****ty dub to how Netflix handles its regional exclusivity.
I can't even watch it in ENGLISH, why would I watch an Italian or French dub if I'm in Brazil???

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's why you should have watched it non-legally vack when it was airing.
Like, everyone who was banking on Netflix to watch it got a kick in the groin: between the disappointing subs and ****ty dub to how Netflix handles its regional exclusivity.
I can't even watch it in ENGLISH, why would I watch an Italian or French dub if I'm in Brazil???

Except **** you, the dub of the OVAs were great

D

Deleted member

I would say you're garbage but you're more trash.
And the dubbed OVAs were good you fool. You still haven't watched Luluco have you?
I'm not trash, I'm garbage!

The English OVA's voices didn't have the same feeling as the Jaoanese ones tbh
I literally didn't have time, we talked about it yesterday(or was it Wednesday, can't recall).
KissAnime is superslow on mobile so I'll watch it when I have my computer

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom