• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Serious life advice time.

Don't be friends with SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft .

It will get you killed.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Death by snusnu!
Man all the Superman talk is reminding me of one of my old favorite sites (sadly the name of said sight includes banned words). But like mentioned before, Silver Age Superman is a pretty big jerkwad.

Including ignoring the needs of the elderly, defacing the moon, and child abuse.

Honestly, the stupidity is why I love the Silver Age so much. Sure, it's dated mostly, but the sheer insanity of what happened is pretty charming and enjoyable. Plus, my favorite DC villain (Gorilla Grodd, no joke.) made his debut there.
Superrichardery is such a great website

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm drawing a blank here.
You know who I'm talking about. The white haired Dragon Knight beauty that used to be your sig.

I appreciate being tagged, but I can't vote lol. No Twitter, and I'll be damned if I start today. Of course Starfy though.

I also have no idea why you're apologizing. What you said want even bad lol. You're dissapointed with a dissapointing game, what a terrible person apparently.
You do have a point, apologizing for disappointment is kind of dumb. Sometimes guilt can make you believe in a lot of things, even if thry are exaggerated.

And I'm not the only one, a lot of fans are just as disappointed in the the only SK Switch title being a tech demo with one character. Can't really feel shame in something that a lot of people have the same problem with.

On topic, Starfy is passing with flying colors. Good to see there is still interest in that little superstar.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looks like we're approaching the official end of the line for the Archie Sonic comics. R.I.P.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I found out that website that View was talking and it's really funny.

These are just some of my favourites that i found in that site.

Superman punching death-rays!
1780754_987224328013495_4360353875726159806_n.jpg

Meanwhile...
meanwhile.jpg

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You do have a point, apologizing for disappointment is kind of dumb. Sometimes guilt can make you believe in a lot of things, even if thry are exaggerated.

And I'm not the only one, a lot of fans are just as disappointed in the the only SK Switch title being a tech demo with one character. Can't really feel shame in something that a lot of people have the same problem with.

On topic, Starfy is passing with flying colors. Good to see there is still interest in that little superstar.
Then here's 4Chan.

Who is 50% as disappointed with the game and 50% praising it because there is no Yumi.

Oh and apparently Asuka is the "worst girl". Yeah, like Minori and Hibari are any better. :troll:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Looks like we're approaching the official end of the line for the Archie Sonic comics. R.I.P.

It's the end of an era.

For those who don't know, the Sonic Archie Comics was the longest running comic book based on a video game, as well as the longest running comic book based off a licensed property.

It's been a major part of Sonic's history (for better or for worse, though most would say the comics have improved quite a bit near the end of its run), and while I never got to into them myself, it's going to be strange for them to be gone.

Hopefully someone else will pick up the license, and keep some of the talent from the Archie comics.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was never the biggest fan of the Archie Sonic Comics but I feel bad for those who were invested in them, and of course it'll be weird for it to be gone. I wonder if any other video game/licensed comics might ever have as long a run as this years down the line?

I did buy the Humble Book Bundle for them though, so I do have digital copies of a bunch of issues sitting there. Just haven't had the time or motivation to read them yet.

I've always wanted the Sonic & Mega Man Worlds Collide comic though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's really good.

There's a weird art style change about halfway through, but overall it's a treat from beginning to end.
Then they've screwed it up with Worlds Unite.

It had potential to be good as Worlds Collide, but it was a complete mess. Even the Deadly Six being brainwashed as secondary antagonists felt forced.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Then they've screwed it up with Worlds Unite.

It had potential to be good as Worlds Collide, but it was a complete mess. Even the Deadly Six being brainwashed as secondary antagonists felt forced.
Seeing all those different SEGA and Capcom franchises in the comic gave me the impression Worlds Unite would be unfocused.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Man all the Superman talk is reminding me of one of my old favorite sites (sadly the name of said sight includes banned words). But like mentioned before, Silver Age Superman is a pretty big jerkwad.

Including ignoring the needs of the elderly, defacing the moon, and child abuse.

Number 2 doesn't seem THAT mean honestly.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Number 2 doesn't seem THAT mean honestly.
You know the funny thing about the moon picture is that by damaging the moon, Superman messed with the tides in some fashion. Talk about collateral damage. Surely such a thing won't happen again...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok...so I bought a $50 eshop card for the Switch, but I'm a little undecided what to buy with it...

Been going back and forth between Snipperclips, I Am Setsuna, Fast RMX or to just pick up the Zelda DLC and get it out of the way...I'm actually leaning towards I Am Setsuna, I'll have a peek at some reviews to see what some other people think, but a turn-based RPG reminiscent of old school Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger sounds rather enticing...

I feel like I'm not done with BotW by any means so I'm not really thirsting for another game at this moment...so there's really no rush at all for me to make a decision...

Last edited:
Me: "I have so much I need to do and I have plenty of time. I will get it all done tonight. I have no excuses not to"

Also Me, 5 hours later: "I have done 2 things all day"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Untitled-2.png

I'm getting so close to being done. It'd be weird, but it may be the first thing I completed in a while

Chrono.

You know who I'm talking about. The white haired Dragon Knight beauty that used to be your sig.
I figured you were talking about Aranea but I hadn't been on for a bit so I didn't know you already did the FFXV poll.

****. I read everything post reboot last summer and I was really into it.

A shame it ended like this. But at least Unleashed was finished.
Ok...so I bought a $50 eshop card for the Switch, but I'm a little undecided what to buy with it...

Been going back and forth between Snipperclips, I Am Setsuna, Fast RMX or to just pick up the Zelda DLC and get it out of the way...I'm actually leaning towards I Am Setsuna, I'll have a peek at some reviews to see what some other people think, but a turn-based RPG reminiscent of old school Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger sounds rather enticing...

I feel like I'm not done with BotW by any means so I'm not really thirsting for another game at this moment...so there's really no rush at all for me to make a decision...
I felt I Am Setsuna was really shallow, especially for it's price. It's a game that pulls a lot from SNES era RPGs but doesn't really offer anything new to the table that could make it better and you could even argue it's worse than the games it's pulling from. Not to mention it's rather short.

All in all, it's a decent game that I feel should be $20-$15 lower.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So apparently there's going to be a McDonalds promotion that's giving away 100 Switches.

. . .Aaaaaaand NeoGAF is freaking out over how "stingy" Nintendo is and something about Sony giving away way more PSVR units in some Taco Bell promotion.

Dang, as far as I knew most national giveaways from various places for anything worthwhile were 1-3 copies of an object for people to share. Are people really that obsessed with getting free stuff that they need to feel offended by this?

. . .

Well on second thought gamers are pretty pampered these days and Nintendo gamers in particular act like they're entitled to free stuff and get offended when they don't get it even compared to other gamers. Why am I even surprised?

Though. . .at least with the Mario Kart 8 thing I get why people are upset even if I'm of the opinion that Nintendo doesn't owe anyone anything for it and that even off of the precedent of other such endeavors having discounts Mario Kart 8 would be completely past it's expiration date for such and more complicated than worth the effort to issue them for aside from that. This I don't even know what's the point of getting upset, this is literally just 100 free Switches going out into the wild that could have just not happened. The only response to that being "it's not enough, we deserve more!" feels a bit awkward somehow.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We did it boys, Starfy blew the competition away. Barbara and Jill support was there, but still minimal compared to the little yellow star. At least most agree that his AT role is still pretty weak sauce.

Anyways, we are back to the good old Nintendo 64 with few original IPs at the time that get some Smash representation. Your choices are Akari Hayami (1080 Snowboarding), Ray from Custom Robo (any model can really work), Saki Amimiya from Sin & Punishment (R.I.P. Treasure), and Ryota Hayami (Wave Race). I might do Pilotwings and Punch Out soon (most likely tomorrow) before anyone asks what happened to them.

This one should be easy since it's all about that Saki vs Ray for now. @smashkirby

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So apparently there's going to be a McDonalds promotion that's giving away 100 Switches.

. . .Aaaaaaand NeoGAF is freaking out over how "stingy" Nintendo is and something about Sony giving away way more PSVR units in some Taco Bell promotion.

Dang, as far as I knew most national giveaways from various places for anything worthwhile were 1-3 copies of an object for people to share. Are people really that obsessed with getting free stuff that they need to feel offended by this?

. . .

Well on second thought gamers are pretty pampered these days and Nintendo gamers in particular act like they're entitled to free stuff and get offended when they don't get it even compared to other gamers. Why am I even surprised?

Though. . .at least with the Mario Kart 8 thing I get why people are upset even if I'm of the opinion that Nintendo doesn't owe anyone anything for it and that even off of the precedent of other such endeavors having discounts Mario Kart 8 would be completely past it's expiration date for such and more complicated than worth the effort to issue them for aside from that. This I don't even know what's the point of getting upset, this is literally just 100 free Switches going out into the wild that could have just not happened. The only response to that being "it's not enough, we deserve more!" feels a bit awkward somehow.
It's Neogaf. They'll ***** about anything. Unless Sony does it. Then they're deepthroating it to Hell and back

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We did it boys, Starfy blew the competition away. Barbara and Jill support was there, but still minimal compared to the little yellow star. At least most agree that his AT role is still pretty weak sauce.

Anyways, we are back to the good old Nintendo 64 with few original IPs at the time that get some Smash representation. Your choices are Akari Hayami (1080 Snowboarding), Ray from Custom Robo (any model can really work), Saki Amimiya from Sin & Punishment (R.I.P. Treasure), and Ryota Hayami (Wave Race). I might do Pilotwings and Punch Out soon (most likely tomorrow) before anyone asks what happened to them.

This one should be easy since it's all about that Saki vs Ray for now. @smashkirby
Yawn, call me when I can support Doc Louis for Smash.

But both Saki and Ray are excellent choices, though I'd prefer the former since he's far cooler.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll link it because some of the lyrics might offend the mods, but this is basically ****post Emblem: The Musical. :p

Basically every character there gets a theme song, and dammit all I lost it at Celica's, especially right after Alm's. Ike, Ryoma, Virion, Ephraim, and Lyn/Eliwood/Hector's were also notably great.

I'll link it because some of the lyrics might offend the mods, but this is basically ****post Emblem: The Musical. :p

Basically every character there gets a theme song, and dammit all I lost it at Celica's, especially right after Alm's. Ike, Ryoma, Virion, Ephraim, and Lyn/Eliwood/Hector's were also notably great.
Poor Chrom

Virion, Ninian, Arthur, and Kellam gave me a giggle

Ever have an idea you know is terrible but you still want to try anyway against all logic?

Like right now, I kind of want to try getting back into League of Legends or Smite.
Even though i was addicted to LoL for years and taht was really really bad, and I barely have tiem enugh as is, let alone without hour long games happening. and they probably still havent buffed Pantheon

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Poor Chrom

Virion, Ninian, Arthur, and Kellam gave me a giggle

Ever have an idea you know is terrible but you still want to try anyway against all logic?

Like right now, I kind of want to try getting back into League of Legends or Smite.
Even though i was addicted to LoL for years and taht was really really bad, and I barely have tiem enugh as is, let alone without hour long games happening. and they probably still havent buffed Pantheon
My reaction to Chrom's was pretty much just: :'^}

And as great as Sigurd's was it should have been Burn Baby Burn.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Clearly.

View attachment 128222

Negative, Nintendo-hating, Sony-obsessed ********.
The topic titles are usually innocent enough, although sometimes you get the odd guy acting cute.

It's when you go into them that things often turn sour. People have a tendency to derail into only marginally related topics that they want to rant about.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Also, I got IP banned for calling Bloodbourne and the Souls games utter garbage. It was at that moment I learned how Jesus felt when the people rejected His message

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I figured you were talking about Aranea but I hadn't been on for a bit so I didn't know you already did the FFXV poll.

****. I read everything post reboot last summer and I was really into it.

A shame it ended like this. But at least Unleashed was finished.

I felt I Am Setsuna was really shallow, especially for it's price. It's a game that pulls a lot from SNES era RPGs but doesn't really offer anything new to the table that could make it better and you could even argue it's worse than the games it's pulling from. Not to mention it's rather short.

All in all, it's a decent game that I feel should be $20-$15 lower.
Based on what I've heard so far it's about 20 hours long, which is pretty short by JRPG standards...this was rather concerning to hear though the length of a game shouldn't really dictate how good it is (I mean, most Metroid games barely last me 10 hours at most on a single playthrough and I can run through Super Metroid in under 4-5 hours, and it's no secret how much I like Metroid)...

The reviews are generally seen as either pretty good at best or somewhat mixed at worst...Not great but not bad either...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also, I got IP banned for calling Bloodbourne and the Souls games utter garbage. It was at that moment I learned how Jesus felt when the people rejected His message
Now see...

Jesus was preaching nice things.

You actually just said blasphemy.

D

Deleted member

Says the person that called Dark Souls and Bloodbourne utter garbage...

OH WAIT, I get what you're saying now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Battle!(Summoner) is P5s Last Surprise. Im pleased, Im happy, I can die now

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
From what I'm hearing I Am Setsuna may turn out to be a decent experience as a Switch title for on the go play, especially for those who enjoyed JRPGs from the 90's...Though my experiences with those games are quite limited I did enjoy the ones I did play...

Zelda DLC can wait since it's not even close to being out yet and we don't even know much information regarding it just yet, Snipperclips I'm still on the fence with as charming and fun as it looks, and Fast RMX while it looks fun, it's still just a racing game and racing games as is can only give me so much to begin with, which I might be better off with Mario Kart when it releases considering it's chock full of other content in addition to it's racing...

As of now though I'm not going to jump into a purchase, but I Am Setsuna despite rather average reviews and what seems to be somewhat shallow gameplay may be a decent title to pick up regardless...

---

In other news, I guess someone managed to complete a 100% speedrun of BotW...it only took about 49 hours...only

...and yes this supposedly included Korok seeds AND Compendium entries...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
From what I'm hearing I Am Setsuna may turn out to be a decent experience as a Switch title for on the go play, especially for those who enjoyed JRPGs from the 90's...Though my experiences with those games are quite limited I did enjoy the ones I did play...

Zelda DLC can wait since it's not even close to being out yet and we don't even know much information regarding it just yet, Snipperclips I'm still on the fence with as charming and fun as it looks, and Fast RMX while it looks fun, it's still just a racing game and racing games as is can only give me so much to begin with, which I might be better off with Mario Kart when it releases considering it's chock full of other content in addition to it's racing...

As of now though I'm not going to jump into a purchase, but I Am Setsuna despite rather average reviews and what seems to be somewhat shallow gameplay may be a decent title to pick up regardless...

---

In other news, I guess someone managed to complete a 100% speedrun of BotW...it only took about 49 hours...only

...and yes this supposedly included Korok seeds AND Compendium entries...
But did it include Boss Medals as well?

Just checking. :4megaman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom