• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

NO!

BAD ALUCARD! BAD!

We do not tolerate this at the table.
...Ya know, I was going to make a joke about contacting the mod for violent abuse, but the more I see this gif, the more funny it is.
I think I am a little bit sadistic.:4villager:

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I actually like Never Gonna Give You Up, and not in a ironic sense. I find it very catchy and fun to listen.

This video however, it's indeed Zalgo fuel.
I wish they'd play that Crash Commercial on Adult Swim for the N. Sane Trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

NO!

BAD ALUCARD! BAD!

We do not tolerate this at the table.
Uncle Wario you're scaaaaring me Q.Q
We got the other five main characters for the New Warriors TV show announced.
In addition to Squirrel Girl we have:
- Mister Immortal
- Night Thrasher
- Speedball
- Microbe
- Debrii

And James Gunn's gonna be back Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.

I have no clue who anyone but Squirrel Girl is

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Paging Coricus Coricus .

Didn't know this was a thing, but will be developing my fast travel system with it in mind.

Granted, it'll cost twice as much as my usual aerial platform method, but for enabling the closest thing to actual warping prior to hardmode I think it's worth a shot.

Nah.

Wait there's a what now?

You had me at Squirrel Girl.

I'll clear my schedule.
That looks hilarious.

A bit too much wiring for my short term gratification tastes, but that just makes anyone that does rig it up more awesome.

Of course, I happen to be doing a little sequence breaking at the moment. . .going all the way across a Large world and fishing for multiple in-game days kind of hurt, but I nabbed myself a Reaver Shark. So far mostly just used it to obtain Fossil Armor that I wanted more for cosmetic purposes than anything (although the chest piece was an upgrade so I have that equipped), but if I do happen to dig myself down to Underworld level I will. . .almost definitely immediately die. But it's the idea that counts.

Oh, and I made tons of fish dinners as a side effect. Twice the time allotment of marshmallows and there's like a hundred of them.

I also managed to find Pinky at one point far earlier, thus continuing the trend of my getting oddly lucky this time around. I need to be willing to spare the platinum for it before I work on Peace Candles, though, and there's other things platinum could be used for.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's even right to say FE is being milked in the actual figurative meaning of the word
It still only has two spin-offs(one not even released yet) and 15 games in the span of more than 25 years, Nintendo is just making up for lost time now that they realised they can make money with it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We got the other five main characters for the New Warriors TV show announced.
In addition to Squirrel Girl we have:
- Mister Immortal
- Night Thrasher
- Speedball
- Microbe
- Debrii

And James Gunn's gonna be back Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3.

I have passing familiarity with most of these, but this is the first I've heard of Debrii.

Time to google.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mister Immortal is what it says on the tin.
Night Thrasher is pretty much discount Batman
Speedball can use kinetic force to make himself move quickly (he becomes Penance during Civil War)
Microbe can communicate with germs and other microscopic organisms.
Debrii has rather weak telekinesis.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But it's another when you keep bringing it up randomly out of context...It's like you're trying to remind everyone that you don't like it as opposed to just having the opinion...Of course I'm not saying you can't state your opinion...but if you keep bringing it up for seemingly no reason all the time, don't be surprised if people keep calling you out on it...
That's not exactly fair to single one person out for that when this is a social thread. The entire point is to bring things up randomly without context, because there's no set in stone topic for discussion. I agree with everything else, but I think it's unfair to single one person out for this just because you may not like what they have to say.

I mean what do you think most of my posts are? Just random non-sequiters (usually news reposts or memes). :V

Not to mention all the posts about people logging their progress in a random game they're playing.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Lengthy reply to Coricus Coricus , then a few quotes more.

That looks hilarious.

A bit too much wiring for my short term gratification tastes, but that just makes anyone that does rig it up more awesome.
Oh, it's no wiring. Just hammering.

I mean, yes, there's wiring in the videos, but the concept just needs a hammer and some blocks that can be hammered.

Of course, I happen to be doing a little sequence breaking at the moment. . .going all the way across a Large world and fishing for multiple in-game days kind of hurt, but I nabbed myself a Reaver Shark.
Dammit, I was hoping to beat you to that.

My world's Small, there's just no excuse for being this far behind anymore.

So far mostly just used it to obtain Fossil Armor that I wanted more for cosmetic purposes than anything (although the chest piece was an upgrade so I have that equipped), but if I do happen to dig myself down to Underworld level I will. . .almost definitely immediately die. But it's the idea that counts.
Hey, there's some good news. My hellevator is finally one hundred percent complete. Sadly my armor is not.

I've tried to stick it out down there a couple of times, and can fend off most of what I see if I stand my ground and abuse the Nope Rope. But any exploration leads to my death. There's a building literally on the same screen as the hellevator that I still haven't made it into.

Oh, and I made tons of fish dinners as a side effect. Twice the time allotment of marshmallows and there's like a hundred of them.
I really gotta work on my buff game. Barely got started on a potion garden, partly because the potted Moonglow just won't ****ing grow.

I guess I can try to learn a thing or two while I sort out my own Shark.

I also managed to find Pinky at one point far earlier, thus continuing the trend of my getting oddly lucky this time around. I need to be willing to spare the platinum for it before I work on Peace Candles, though, and there's other things platinum could be used for.
Like a Diamond Staff?

I might've been drooling over that some.

That's fine, you know all the important characters.

Full disclosure, Mr. Immortal's kind of cool himself, at least hypothetically. But we all know where it's at.

We don't talk about those
Much like how BS Zelda is talked about even less than the CD-i ones
BS Zelda wasn't bad, though. Cool concepts, decent execution.

Squeezing every inch out of LttP, sure, but not bad.

Not to mention all the posts about people logging their progress in a random game they're playing.
Guilty.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Will Smith might be the Genie in the live action Aladdin movie.

Give me a Will Smith rap with it or I riot

D

Deleted member

GUYS!!!
*ahem*
So, with Echoes released in Japan now, another datamine has been done, this time on the DLC. All it had was names and icons and the important part is the 10 "get your units stronger" maps
Big spoilers for the DLC
DLC icons

Important thing is the map sprites
Yup, we're getting 4th Tier Classes for Cavalier, Soldier, Mercenary and Archer, while the rest get their 3rd Tier Classes
Translations
Altar of the Lance Knight (Cavalier Over-Class)
Altar of the Shielded Giant (Baron Over-Class)
Altar of the Black Crane (Pegasus Over-Class)
Altar of the Shadowy Maiden (Female Mage Over-Class)
Altar of the Virtuous Enchantress (Cleric Over-Class)
Altar of the Fearsome Warlord (Mercenary Over-class)
Altar of the War Elephant (Archer Over-class)
Altar of the Scholarly Sage (Male Mage Over-Class)
Altar of the Noble Queen (Celica's Over-Class)
Altar of the Great Conqueror (Alm's Over-Class)
>War Elephant
I'm sold

Source and other DLC info
https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ture-dlc-names-and-icons-data-mined-spoilers/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reminder that the 30% off Fire Emblem sale ends tomorrow.

I just bought all of the Virtual Console Fire Emblem games.

I will get Awakening some other time, probably a physical copy. I don't think I'll be playing any of them any time soon though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like how they can poke fun at themselves for the Shadow game.
Peoples that are able to make fun of their own mistake are generally the best kind of peoples. Which is why Iove when company make reference of their biggest failure in a comedic way. (In Devil May Cry for exemple, there is a scene that is so narmy due to Dante voice actor cracking at the end, which, combined with the echo effect. Transform a sad scene into a pure comedy gold. Here the video if you haven't watch it. Years later, a achievement in the later game reference this infamous scene. Capcom too can make fun of themself from time to time and I love that)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

GUYS!!!
*ahem*
So, with Echoes released in Japan now, another datamine has been done, this time on the DLC. All it had was names and icons and the important part is the 10 "get your units stronger" maps
Big spoilers for the DLC
DLC icons

Important thing is the map sprites
Yup, we're getting 4th Tier Classes for Cavalier, Soldier, Mercenary and Archer, while the rest get their 3rd Tier Classes
Translations

>War Elephant
I'm sold

Source and other DLC info
https://serenesforest.net/forums/in...ture-dlc-names-and-icons-data-mined-spoilers/
War Elephant isn't nearly as Metal as Flesh-Eating Terror Elephant.

Which is what biologists thought Mastodons(Which the name Mastodon is pretty Metal itself, hence why there's a heavy metal band by that name) in the 1700s. Why? Well, Mastodon teeth were like jagged saw blades. While today's scientist know they were for grinding branches and vegetable matter, 1700s scientist made the assumption that Mastodons were carnivores.

This lead to other hyperbolic claims like Mostodons having claws and being agile as a tiger. THEY EVEN FLIPPED THE TUSKS TO MAKE IT LOOK MORE BAD ASS
IMG_3229.JPG

The reason why they attempted to make it seem so bad ass is because at the time, North America didn't have any animals such as Elephants and Lions like Africa did. So they said: "We've found an animal that can beat the **** out all of your animals!" As a result, this became a joke to the rest of the world.

Thomas Jefferson even sent Lois and Clark on a secondary objective to find living Mastodons pillaging Native American villages. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm back and I can safely apologize for my outburst this morning. That was plain immature of me to handle when I was blinded with disappointment and rage. From now on, I just won't have to set myself with too much hype again to avoid the same problem.

Anyways, the last Rhythm Heaven poll was tough. Other than the usual Twitter issues, everyone tied. In the end, I've picked the Wandering Samurai since he's at least a reoccurring character that fights and has a standout design. Sorry Rhythm Girl and Marshal fans.

Next up is back to the Game Boy Advance era for the smaller Nintendo series that are under the radar or mostly Japan-only. Your choices are Starfy from Densetsu no Starfy (@ZestyÑ), Barbara the Bat from Jam with the Band, Jill from Drill Dozer, and the Boy/Girl protagonists from Magical Vacation (and its DS sequel Magical Starsign).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I really hope some of you would forgive me for that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*heavy breathing*
I HATE HOW MY COUNTRY HATES CREDIT CARDS AND THEREFORE HATES THE IDEA OF ME GETTING THIS
Don't worry, we can scream together because there is no chance in hell I will ever get this figma.
uof2HB3.gif

Life is unfair.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm back and I can safely apologize for my outburst this morning. That was plain immature of me to handle when I was blinded with disappointment and rage. From now on, I just won't have to set myself with too much hype again to avoid the same problem.

Anyways, the last Rhythm Heaven poll was tough. Other than the usual Twitter issues, everyone tied. In the end, I've picked the Wandering Samurai since he's at least a reoccurring character that fights and has a standout design. Sorry Rhythm Girl and Marshal fans.

Next up is back to the Game Boy Advance era for the smaller Nintendo series that are under the radar or mostly Japan-only. Your choices are Starfy from Densetsu no Starfy (@ZestyÑ), Barbara the Bat from Jam with the Band, Jill from Drill Dozer, and the Boy/Girl protagonists from Magical Vacation (and its DS sequel Magical Starsign).

Eh, it's cool. I'm sure everyone can forgive you. It wasn't all too bad to be honest.

Also, glad that Starfy is doing decently. If only we can get a new game, which will probably never happen.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Don't worry, we can scream together because there is no chance in hell I will ever get this figma.
View attachment 128204
Life is unfair.
You're absolutely right. ****, I'd even pay someone back with eshop credit if they could score it for me as I can just pass the codes. Soooo glad I want this and didn't try getting the Zero Suit figure I saw at Comic Con. I noticed Adam's helmet as an accessory and therefore lost all interest

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Throw an additional vote on Starfy for me please. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom