• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Got something from that 4chan thread
>Scalebound cancelled
>Fable Legends cancelled
>Project Spark released then discontinued in like a year
>Phantom Dust in development hell
>Quantum Break bombed
>Recore was mediocre
>Sunset Overdrive while good didn't sell well and they don't even own the IP
>That D4 game sent out to die
>Crackdown 3 is probably in trouble too
>People are sick of Halo
>All the money they invested in Kinect flushed down the toilet
>Wasting money on timed exclusives like Tomb Raider and Dead Rising
Damn. Also, if I remember correctly, the only other game from E3 2014 MS has left is Crackdown 3

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This really sucks.

I know people were down on the game, but I was really looking forward to it.
Yh it does. It always looked interesting and cool. I think this is Platinums first cancelled game tho not sure.

Should have went with that Jeanne Bayonetta spinoff huh. :p

Chrono.

...Context and/or source please? I wouldn't be able to handle it if my OTP was canon.
https://pvplive.net/c/overwatch-ptr...OF&utm_medium=POST&utm_term=IP&utm_content=OW

Here you go.

Got something from that 4chan thread
>Scalebound cancelled
>Fable Legends cancelled
>Project Spark released then discontinued in like a year
>Phantom Dust in development hell
>Quantum Break bombed
>Recore was mediocre
>Sunset Overdrive while good didn't sell well and they don't even own the IP
>That D4 game sent out to die
>Crackdown 3 is probably in trouble too
>People are sick of Halo
>All the money they invested in Kinect flushed down the toilet
>Wasting money on timed exclusives like Tomb Raider and Dead Rising
Damn. Also, if I remember correctly, the only other game from E3 2014 MS has left is Crackdown 3
Gears of War is also exclusive as well as Killer Instinct (not counting PC).

But yeah, MS exclusives are cursed.

Maybe it's time to bring back Blinx.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just watched a debate on the Nintendo Switch thread on NeoGAF and someone started arguing about how the Wii doesn't deserve any respect. Then at one point they threw this into one of their rants. . .

"But but but the Wii Sports..." The Wii Sports is less a game than those old arcade crapy games on old shopping malls.

Oh boy.

There was another comment they made later on that was the icing on the cake for hilarity just due to how utterly over the top arrogant it was, but I probably shouldn't repeat it here.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My pokemon in rotation right now are: Litten, Grimer, Gastly, Wingull, Yungoos, Drow, Makuhita, and Magnemite.

I dropped Meowth cause I mean I love dark types but there's better ones and I do have 2 already.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just watched a debate on the Nintendo Switch thread on NeoGAF and someone started arguing about how the Wii doesn't deserve any respect. Then at one point they threw this into one of their rants. . .

Oh boy.

There was another comment they made later on that was the icing on the cake for hilarity just due to how utterly over the top arrogant it was, but I probably shouldn't repeat it here.
there are better things to do then look at people arguue about a black box lol

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not to mention Microsoft is treating Rare like they're nothing (Rare Replay doesn't count as it's, while well done, just a retro/port compilation).

Chrono.

If it wasn't for a youtuber called Nitrorad (HIGHLY recommended youtuber, underrated as ****) I wouldn't know who the **** Blinx is
I don't blame you.

It was an extremely early attempt to cash in on the furry mascot fad except they tried it 10 years too late. He was sent out to die, basically.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't blame you.

It was an extremely early attempt to cash in on the furry mascot fad except they tried it 10 years too late. He was sent out to die, basically.
Shame too, the time powers look cool, could easily make a fun game
Not to mention Microsoft is treating Rare like they're nothing (Rare Replay doesn't count as it's, while well done, just a retro/port compilation).
They're making that Sea of Thieves game iirc, AKA 'No Man Sky: Sea edition'

Ivander

Smash Legend
...Context and/or source please? I wouldn't be able to handle it if my OTP was canon.
Valentine lines. I wouldn't say it's fully canon, but it's clear that Genji and Mercy either have a thing for each other or their friendship is alot more noticeable compared to other characters.
That being said, PharMercy fans are on a thrill today. :smirk:

Besides the Genji/Mercy lines, apparently Reaper has a new voiceline regarding "paying a visit to a friend."

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
there are better things to do then look at people arguue about a black box lol
Prooobably, but then I'm kind of nostalgic for the. . .uh. . .different old days of Smash 4 hype. I want to find a nice corner to hide in and watch people get hyped and speculate in, but all the real-time active places I've found have been a bit on the negative side and it seems like people are way less willing to go out on a limb speculating from Switch footage than they were with Smash 4 stuff, instead preferring to stick to exactly what's rumored and nothing else in more of a post-Gematsu roster complacency way.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There was a problem fetching the tweet
God ****ing dammit MS. By the way, the previous CEO was criticized for cancelled **** apparently. Phil Spencer is better in cancelling **** apparently
That's a lot of stars

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Happy birthday @Erureido, enjoy it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not know the Jetsons had a wwe crossover, I only thought the Scooby Doo one was logical and good imo.

Also I have never heard of Scalebound before.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wait, The Jetsons are getting the WWE treatment too? The Flintstones & TWO Scooby-Doo ones wasn't enough?

Hanna & Barbera must be rolling in their graves right now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hmm. . .

Made it past 100 Badges at Badge Arcade and the bunny made a joke about being able to summon Badge characters, then said not YET and asked me what kind of game I would like to play with Badges.

I wonder if that's Nintendo saying something about their plans for the future. . .are they planning on merging Streetpass Mii Plaza with the Badge Arcade in some fashion on the Switch, or am I just making a jump with that?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's a lot of stars
Better?
Wait, The Jetsons are getting the WWE treatment too? The Flintstones & TWO Scooby-Doo ones wasn't enough?

Hanna & Barbera must be rolling in their graves right now.
To be fair, we had Scooby Doo and Shaggy beat the **** out of Joker and Penguin and that Flintstones comic

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
If Platinum doesn't make Bayo 3, I don't see their future being particularly bright.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Isn't Sega in charge for such thing to happen?
Yeah, they are, which is why it's a safer play than their current means of business. Bayonetta is far more established a franchise than Nier or Max Anarchy or whatever else, so hopping back to their beloved poster girl will do the company well. Hopefully it's more original than Bayonetta 2.

Plus Bayonetta 3 has been on the rumor mill since last year so it's probably in development.

Platinum better hope NiER does well enough.

It probably won't
It'll be successful... among people who play character action games.

Character action games have been niche since GOW and DMC went away last generation, unfortunately, with the exception of Bayonetta/MGR (the latter's a spinoff, though).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All production stopping for a month is a pretty big hinderance in their development.

I'm not sure what they really expected

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
God ****ing dammit MS. By the way, the previous CEO was criticized for cancelled **** apparently. Phil Spencer is better in cancelling **** apparently
Eh, that's a shame, but to be fair, judging by that presentation at E3, doesn't seem like the game was going places.

Platinum better hope NiER does well enough.

It probably won't
Judging by the demo, it'll be a good game. A successful game? I dunno.

Chrono.

Judging by the demo, it'll be a good game. A successful game? I dunno.
That's pretty much the Platinum Games effect.

Good games that never really sell well.

For whatever reason the spectacle fighter genre doesn't sell that well.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
That's pretty much the Platinum Games effect.

Good games that never really sell well.

For whatever reason the spectacle fighter genre doesn't sell that well.
not enough mopey dads with realistic facial hair

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Inb4 the titles they promoted get axed too or simply bomb.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
At the very least Nier Automata shows a lot of promise from Platinum. However, things are looking a bit for them. It's a shame really. Kamiya of Platinum fame has made some of my personal all time favorites between Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta and Wonderful 101. The industry wold stand to lose a lot with the closure of Platinum, in my opinion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Some GAF guy said this

*Insert Kamiya tweet showing anger to MS*
July 2015: "Those ****s at MS...are they ****ing with me?"

So, let's set a timeline HEAVY with speculation. Game was announced at E3 2014 without much notice. It skipped E3 2015, but showed up at Gamescom that year in August with an announcement of four-player co-op, which was shown off with a much rougher game in E3 2016's conference. The game was then cancelled soon after.

My guess is that, in July, Kamiya was told he had to rejigger the game into a four-player co-op thing. There were never any hints he wanted to make the game a Monster Hunter-like, but I am guessing people in charge of money were expecting him to do so. It gets announced, shown off, and the response is tepid. Changing tides at Microsoft, a desire to free up the UE4 team they put together to work with Kamiya, and being unhappy with the state of the game lead to it being cancelled.

If my guess is correct, that's really sad.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I took a pic of me in business casual and someone replied I look good except my belt

I was all like, "This is the red rangers belt. It shows people I have the power and leadership of a T-Rex"

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Some GAF guy said this

*Insert Kamiya tweet showing anger to MS*
July 2015: "Those ****s at MS...are they ****ing with me?"

So, let's set a timeline HEAVY with speculation. Game was announced at E3 2014 without much notice. It skipped E3 2015, but showed up at Gamescom that year in August with an announcement of four-player co-op, which was shown off with a much rougher game in E3 2016's conference. The game was then cancelled soon after.

My guess is that, in July, Kamiya was told he had to rejigger the game into a four-player co-op thing. There were never any hints he wanted to make the game a Monster Hunter-like, but I am guessing people in charge of money were expecting him to do so. It gets announced, shown off, and the response is tepid. Changing tides at Microsoft, a desire to free up the UE4 team they put together to work with Kamiya, and being unhappy with the state of the game lead to it being cancelled.

If my guess is correct, that's really sad.
Except, maybe he wasn't told to rejigger anything, maybe it was Kamiya's decision and he bit off more than he could handle
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/95919099091/game-development-myths-its-the-publishers
Good publishers (as in ones that last a long time, let's not get into an argument about the quality of their games) don't actually make decisions like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom