• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you think you need to dress up for a meeting with my investment advisor, so do you think it's not going to matter

I didn't dress up last time, but I was also with my father last time

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
And now apparently even the Jetsons have to crossover with WWE... for some reason. I really don't what's with WWE crossovers these days, but I'm honestly getting a little tired of them.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'll go with a casual nice dress, wearing Jeans and Vans, but also wearing my dress shirt, vest and tie

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And now apparently even the Jetsons have to crossover with WWE... for some reason. I really don't what's with WWE crossovers these days, but I'm honestly getting a little tired of them.

The Jetsons need to make Reigns look strong.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I guess the WWE is the only one willing to rent out Hanna Barberra or whoever owns them IPs?

At least Scooby kind of has a history of weird crossovers already though, LOL. I mean Batman's one thing, but the Harlem Globetrotters and random celebrities that no one even remembers in the 21st Century are a sign that the WWE is kind of in character.

Absolutely no idea why they decided to have a Flinstones one, though, although I guess the Jetsons is the logical conclusion after that. . .As logical as anything involving the words "Jetsons" and "WWE" in the same sentence can be, of course.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still can't decide if I'm going to stay up for the hour long Switch presentation at 11 PM or watch it the morning after...

Why must you do this to me Nintendo?
You have it easy. Try 4 AM. :p

I have the stream bookmarked on YouTube as I likely won't watch it live. The stream should turn into an uploaded video though after the livestream ends, so I will likely just watch that the next day using the same bookmarked link. Might just skip my first class to watch it so I can still use the internet and not get spoiled by classmates.

I still can't decide if I'm going to stay up for the hour long Switch presentation at 11 PM or watch it the morning after...

Why must you do this to me Nintendo?
It airs 6 AM here. I could watch it if I didn't have school on the morning. :ohwell:

I wish Nintendo would air Directs on weekends...
Forgot to mention this earlier, but today is my birthday!:happysheep:

I haven't opened my presents or ate my cake yet, but I've been playing Fire Emblem Fates again for the birthday surprise.

Turns out they added a really nice detail where every character has a voiced of clip saying happy birthday to you. Some of them even add a spin to them to reflect their personalities.

My favorite voiced birthday clip has to be Saizo's. He says, "I'm, uh, glad you were born." That's so Saizo.:laugh:

I enjoyed Shigure's too. He sings "Happy Birthday to you" with the Lost in Thoughts All Alone melody.

I'll be playing Pokemon Sun later today to see the birthday surprise in that game.
Happy birthday!

Chrono.

Even Square are dragging Miyamoto now.
The full article is here: http://www.polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7#epilogue

It's pretty amazing, goes into details about a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Including stuff like how they planned deaths for all the party member you were not using atm.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The FF7 writing process

Open FF6.txt

Control A, Control C

Create new document

Control P

Control F

[Insert character names and place locations]

Replace with

Control S, save as FF7.txt

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I guess the WWE is the only one willing to rent out Hanna Barberra or whoever owns them IPs?

At least Scooby kind of has a history of weird crossovers already though, LOL. I mean Batman's one thing, but the Harlem Globetrotters and random celebrities that no one even remembers in the 21st Century are a sign that the WWE is kind of in character.

Absolutely no idea why they decided to have a Flinstones one, though, although I guess the Jetsons is the logical conclusion after that. . .As logical as anything involving the words "Jetsons" and "WWE" in the same sentence can be, of course.
I can easily tell you.

Vince McMahon is a old dirty ******* who's mindset is still stuck in the 1970s/80s

And he really doesn't know what's best for business (lol) in a lot of cases and tries to appease kids who he doesn't even know.

What I've said is true, he thinks this is still the 1980s and he can make more Hulk Hogans and do the Rock n Wrestling Boom again.

Him and the WWE is like a worst version of Nintendo except atleast WWE has someone with a modern midset ready to take over the business but even then that option is mediocre

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Japanese version of KH 2.8 can now be pre-loaded.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Holy hell, Scalebound is dead.

Man what true hell happen, did Platinum screw up or Kamiya just had something better in mind

Ivander

Smash Legend
Even Square are dragging Miyamoto now.
The full article is here: http://www.polygon.com/a/final-fantasy-7#epilogue

It's pretty amazing, goes into details about a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Including stuff like how they planned deaths for all the party member you were not using atm.
I heavily bet that if that death bit went through that it would've been an absolute nightmare to decide who would be the other 2 survivors for Advent Children, especially between Tifa and Aerith if Aerith didn't die before than. This is why you got to be real careful if you decide to have circumstances where any characters you don't choose die and you later make a sequel.

Chrono.

Holy hell, Scalebound is dead.

Man what true hell happen, did Platinum screw up or Kamiya just had something better in mind
I think this is just Microsoft going "we don't really care anymore" and pulling the plug.

They did something similar with Level-5 awhile ago.

D

Deleted member

I had forgotten Scalebound was a thing lol
Rip in platinum
The FF7 writing process

Open FF6.txt

Control A, Control C

Create new document

Control P

Control F

Replace with

Control S, save as FF7.txt
Wow wow, c'mon give it some credit, you forgot an important part of it

Weapon size multiplier: 2.5x

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
TBH, as good of a developer as they are, Platinum Games make way too many licensing deals and on top of their own pet projects, just have too many projects going at once. They spread themselves way too thin.

IIRC they even said as much themselves in an interview.

I likely never would have played it due to my brother selling his Xbox One, but Scalebound seemed like it could have been cool.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think this is just Microsoft going "we don't really care anymore" and pulling the plug.

They did something similar with Level-5 awhile ago.
Kamiya had to take some time off for his mental health. My guess is that MS wanted them to crunch it and Platinum wasn't used to crunch
Apparently, 4Chan (take with a grain of salt) said that Platinum is in finacial trouble and Kamiya is either going or has left Platinum.

MS is either cancelling it or giving it to a new developer.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/363334769#p363335447

Here's the thread

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also replacing the story of a character who is essentially biracial, whose two peoples are involved in a genocidal war against each other who was taken from her family and raised by the man who murdered them to become his mind controlled slave soldier in order to find and eliminate the remaining members of the other side of her family.

With some wimp who lost his memory and thinks he's some super soldier when everyone around him knows the truth he's not but refuses to tell him because thinking he's this awesome guy somehow makes him more competent.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just watched the gameplay footage of this "Scalebound" and the person talking about EVERYTHING that happens annoys me

It's like he makes comments outloud, to himself, about EVERYTHING

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

While not a human death, this news is still a big bummer.
Yeah, but there's a hundred thousand likes for this story on Insect Twitter.

Glad people enjoyed it enough to miss it. I loved driving through it personally.

Edit: Oops, double post. Some mod help me out here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom