• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Except, maybe he wasn't told to rejigger anything, maybe it was Kamiya's decision and he bit off more than he could handle
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/95919099091/game-development-myths-its-the-publishers
Good publishers (as in ones that last a long time, let's not get into an argument about the quality of their games) don't actually make decisions like this.
It still would make sense, as it's like why Fable Legends got canned, MS kept saying 'put this in' and the team couldn't keep up. MS also pushed multiplayer with lots of games recently iirc

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, Bayonetta 3 for the Swi- *blocked by Kamiya*

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It still would make sense, as it's like why Fable Legends got canned, MS kept saying 'put this in' and the team couldn't keep up. MS also pushed multiplayer with lots of games recently iirc
Makes sense doesn't mean that's what happens. There's a reason I linked that article.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I just watched a debate on the Nintendo Switch thread on NeoGAF and someone started arguing about how the Wii doesn't deserve any respect. Then at one point they threw this into one of their rants. . .

Oh boy.

There was another comment they made later on that was the icing on the cake for hilarity just due to how utterly over the top arrogant it was, but I probably shouldn't repeat it here.
I resent that person's remark.

Old crappy arcade games were my childhood.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I really feel that waiting for Nintendo Switch presentation is longer than Smash Bros' final presentation…
Didn't we hear the date for the Smash Direct only about six days prior? While for the Switch presentation it got announced a month prior.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Platinum could do with Bayo 3 and one really, really solid licensed game. Both in terms of the game itself, and the license.

Maybe they should talk to Aonuma about that Sheik spin-off he wants to make.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I still want the Jeanne spinoff. The main reason is that we have literally no idea what she was up to for the entirety of Bayonetta's 500 year slumber. So much potential right there - potentially meeting other witches and stuff, assuming there were any left then too.

iirc it won the spinoff poll Kamiya put on his twitter a few months ago.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
That's fine. We all have our different tastes and stuff. Personally I never watched NJPW before this match and this match got me hooked on their product. It's a different style than WWE which is cool unlike something like TNA which is WWE-lite.

What about Omega did he say that was dumb?
him and the young bucks,the young bucks imo are overrated team in wrestling today but besides the point.Basically saying that the NJPW is more important and prestigious and wrestling history than the wwe championship.Which is odd because without the wwe or the wwe championship i strongly doubt kenny or the bucks would be doing what there doing now but i digress

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Platinum Games is a developer I've had a large amount of respect for, even if I only played one game of theirs (Wonderful 101, which was really good).

I do feel really bad for them, and this recent Scalebound news is a major blow. Both to them and Microsoft.

Chrono.

him and the young bucks,the young bucks imo are overrated team in wrestling today but besides the point.Basically saying that the NJPW is more important and prestigious and wrestling history than the wwe championship.Which is odd because without the wwe or the wwe championship i strongly doubt kenny or the bucks would be doing what there doing now but i digress
To be fair they're heels and they like working people a lot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
it disappoints me that the title is a day behind.

Opossum Opossum

:4sonic:come on step it up!

:p
It's not a day behind though. I just don't change it until 11 pm Eastern to keep things consistent, since at 11 it'd be exactly three days until Switch time. :p

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Didn't we hear the date for the Smash Direct only about six days prior? While for the Switch presentation it got announced a month prior.
Well, if speculation it was more then just six days, but yeah so that might be the case.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In reality, we've been waiting for Switch news since E3 2015, when Reggie said they'd talk about "NX" during E3 2016.

It goes even further back if you count stuff like the Iwata Q&A's at investor meetings, but I don't count those because while the system was touched upon, we weren't given a window of when to expect a news blowout.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can't for the Tatsumi memes to happen once he's on screen.

And for a certain someone to admit he's wrong the whole time. :troll:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm browsing PC Gamer's catalog of PC games releasing in 2017 and realizing just how many ****ing games are coming out within the next twelve months. Like, specifically within the first third of the year.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In reality, we've been waiting for Switch news since E3 2015, when Reggie said they'd talk about "NX" during E3 2016.

It goes even further back if you count stuff like the Iwata Q&A's at investor meetings, but I don't count those because while the system was touched upon, we weren't given a window of when to expect a news blowout.
I lost interest in wait for the then-called "NX" prior to the official reveal.

Every FRICKIN' day, I was constantly and obnoxiously reminded with this crap:
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • DID THEY JUST LEAK SPECS?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • I'M GETTING IMPATIENT!
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • IS PAPA JOHN'S GOING TO REVEAL IT? (I'm embarrassed this actually happened)
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHY IS THERE A DROUGHT OF NEWS?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm browsing PC Gamer's catalog of PC games releasing in 2017 and realizing just how many ****ing games are coming out within the next twelve months. Like, specifically within the first third of the year.
This reminds me of how good of a month January is in terms of gaming. At least for me personally, anyway.

-News blowout on the future of Nintendo.

-The first major new Kingdom Hearts title in four years, and the first time the franchise makes a major technological leap.

-Gravity Rush 2.

Not to mention all the other stuff like NieR Automata and the Dragon Quest stuff on 3DS, that others seem excited for.

Also I get some new Rosalina merch the same day as the Switch event so that's great too.

2017 is probably gonna be one of the best years for gaming in a while.

D

Deleted member

What's the Pokemon that has the biggest flip in theme upon evolution? Just curious.
In terms of design, as a kid especially, Graveler to Golem really made no sense to me.

But the most obvious choices would be remoraid to octillery and clamperl's evolutions. I don't include Magikarp/Feebas because there theme is to go from really weak/ugly to very strong/beautiful(Plus in Gyrados does keep some traits that Magikarp has), the other examples are just unexplained as to why they make so little sense.

Though besides that though, I know this has said a million times before, but Dragonite is a pretty disappointing evolution. Especially compared to pretty much every other psuedo legendary final, well, 2-5 anyway.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In terms of design, as a kid especially, Graveler to Golem really made no sense to me.

But the most obvious choices would be remoraid to octillery and clamperl's evolutions. I don't include Magikarp/Feebas because there theme is to go from really weak/ugly to very strong/beautiful(Plus in Gyrados does keep some traits that Magikarp has), the other examples are just unexplained as to why they make so little sense.

Though besides that though, I know this has said a million times before, but Dragonite is a pretty disappointing evolution. Especially compared to pretty much every other psuedo legendary final, well, 2-5 anyway.
Remoraid to Octillery actually makes sense. It's a gun fish that evolves into a sentry octopus.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
I lost interest in wait for the then-called "NX" prior to the official reveal.

Every FRICKIN' day, I was constantly and obnoxiously reminded with this crap:
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • DID THEY JUST LEAK SPECS?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • I'M GETTING IMPATIENT!
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • IS PAPA JOHN'S GOING TO REVEAL IT? (I'm embarrassed this actually happened)
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHY IS THERE A DROUGHT OF NEWS?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
  • WHEN IS THE NX REVEAL?
I'm with Wario Bros. It may be my lack of interest in gaming consoles anymore but I'm sick of this stuff about the NX/Switch and all of these "leaks" about games.I DON'T CARE if smash is a launch title for the Switch or not, we can just wait and see.
I don't judge you if you are excited about this. It's your life. I'm not your dad. You have to get your enjoyment out of life somehow but COME ON!
Did anyone think the Switch would be this?
I'm done.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that I have 0 hype about the presentation; it will be a "convince me" direct in my case.

Still, I feel good about skipping the Wii U after watching the Switch reveal.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm with Wario Bros. It may be my lack of interest in gaming consoles anymore but I'm sick of this stuff about the NX/Switch and all of these "leaks" about games.I DON'T CARE if smash is a launch title for the Switch or not, we can just wait and see.
I don't judge you if you are excited about this. It's your life. I'm not your dad. You have to get your enjoyment out of life somehow but COME ON!
Did anyone think the Switch would be this?
I'm done.
Not that I believed it, but...

I considered that controller to be a possibility on the basis that it was Nintendo we were dealing with.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Looking at it this way...

There was a problem fetching the tweet
...that's kinda sad.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had to calculate my net worth today, so I know how much in $ amount I'm worth.

It's pretty good considering I have no job

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I always feel like people are angry with the idea of anyone being excited about the Switch.

Which is kind of sad because I want to do that and then I just don't feel welcome to, or like I'll be looked down on for it. . . :<

D

Deleted member

Remoraid to Octillery actually makes sense. It's a gun fish that evolves into a sentry octopus.
See, I knew that about octillery, but I never knew about remodraid having that theme.

But I see it now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looking at it this way...

There was a problem fetching the tweet
...that's kinda sad.
MS knows how to bring the big guns to presentations, but not how to fire said guns.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
See, I knew that about octillery, but I never knew about remodraid having that theme.

But I see it now.
I'm now imagining it being used as a squirt gun with someone clicking it's fin to make it shoot water out of it's mouth, but there's no way I can do that mental image justice.

D

Deleted member

Welp, turns out Red just looks big, he's actually pretty easy if you just strategize around it.
For the record, my team's strongest Pokemon were Lv63, Jolteon and Honchkrow, at the start of the fight.
Even with HGSS's limited learnsets and TMs.
Final team:
Rem the Poliwrath
Damp @Leftovers
-Body Slam
-Focus Punch(I want this to come back as a TM, I always loved it)
-Hypnosis(how to defeat Lance while underleveled.png)
-Waterfall

Alexander the Nidoking
Rivalry @Muscle Band
-Megahorn(never used it lol)
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab

Claire the Jolteon
Volt Absorb @Choice Specs
-Thunder Wave(don't ask)
-Hyper Beam(it doesn't learn ****)
-Thunderbolt(I can't believe I had to learn Voltorb Flip for this, that minigame got stuck in my head for a week)
-Shadow Ball

Artelinde the Honchkrow
Super Luck @Choice Scarf
-Psychic
-Night Slash
-Steel Wing(guess what I never used)
-Fly

Diane the Dragonite
Inner Focus @Dragon Fang
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-Draco Meteor

Keijo the Snorlax
Immunity
-Strenght
-Surf
-Rock Smash
-Rock Climb
Fight details if you care
Nidoking scored an easy OHKO on Pikachu and Iron Tail didn't even hit him.
Then came Lapras, it managed to avoid the first Hypnosis from Poliwrath and Psychic barely killed her, second turn I got the Sleep and Focus Punch spam started, it managed to wake up before Poli killed it and KOed her with another Psychic, Jolteon then simply finished the job.
Surprisingly, Red sent out Blastoise, easy "2HKO"(damn Full Restores!) and Blizzard wasn't enough to KO her, though she got to red.
Snorlax was a tricky one, Dragonite got OHKO by Blizzard so I sent my own Snorlax to tank while I healed. Seriously, I should have trained that thing because Blizzard's damage was a joke and even the Physical Crunch wasn't enough to take her down. After healing, I send Poliwrath again, Sleep and Focus Punch.
Then came Venusaur, seriously, **** this thing, Sludge Bomb almost killed Honchkrow but she managed yo survive with enough HP to sustain the Hail after hitting with Fly... and she got poisoned. Snorlax tanking came back up but the problem was switching to something that could damage it(and did I mention that thanks to the Hail, Red healed Venusaur? Because that was bull****). I switch to Dragonite but turns out Sludge Bomb was more powerful than I though, so I switch to Poliwrath Nidoking expecting one onky for it to throw a Giga Drain at his face. One Fly later, it was over but I think it took more damage from the Hail than from me.
Charizard was a *****. Sleep hax? Air Slash. Draco Meteor the *****? Dragon Pulse back. Snorlax tanking? Flare Blitz(more like "Flare *******"). The answer? THANDERUBORUTO, Jolteon was the MVP here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just caught a Jolly Riolu.

Think I can use it?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just realized that I have 0 hype about the presentation; it will be a "convince me" direct in my case.

Still, I feel good about skipping the Wii U after watching the Switch reveal.
I feel good about getting a Wii U. That means I can put money on the switch when they convince me to buy it

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just caught a Jolly Riolu.

Think I can use it?
Yes, especially if you want to do mega lucario

It'd be strong

I prefer special based Lucario's because of Aura Sphere and the likes, but Mega Lucario is more physically based.

And besides, I have Blastoise if I want an Aura Sphere using pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom