• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Welp, turns out Red just looks big, he's actually pretty easy if you just strategize around it.
For the record, my team's strongest Pokemon were Lv63, Jolteon and Honchkrow, at the start of the fight.
Even with HGSS's limited learnsets and TMs.
Final team:
Rem the Poliwrath
Damp @Leftovers
-Body Slam
-Focus Punch(I want this to come back as a TM, I always loved it)
-Hypnosis(how to defeat Lance while underleveled.png)
-Waterfall

Alexander the Nidoking
Rivalry @Muscle Band
-Megahorn(never used it lol)
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab

Claire the Jolteon
Volt Absorb @Choice Specs
-Thunder Wave(don't ask)
-Hyper Beam(it doesn't learn ****)
-Thunderbolt(I can't believe I had to learn Voltorb Flip for this, that minigame got stuck in my head for a week)
-Shadow Ball

Artelinde the Honchkrow
Super Luck @Choice Scarf
-Psychic
-Night Slash
-Steel Wing(guess what I never used)
-Fly

Diane the Dragonite
Inner Focus @Dragon Fang
-Extreme Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-Draco Meteor

Keijo the Snorlax
Immunity
-Strenght
-Surf
-Rock Smash
-Rock Climb
Fight details if you care
Nidoking scored an easy OHKO on Pikachu and Iron Tail didn't even hit him.
Then came Lapras, it managed to avoid the first Hypnosis from Poliwrath and Psychic barely killed her, second turn I got the Sleep and Focus Punch spam started, it managed to wake up before Poli killed it and KOed her with another Psychic, Jolteon then simply finished the job.
Surprisingly, Red sent out Blastoise, easy "2HKO"(damn Full Restores!) and Blizzard wasn't enough to KO her, though she got to red.
Snorlax was a tricky one, Dragonite got OHKO by Blizzard so I sent my own Snorlax to tank while I healed. Seriously, I should have trained that thing because Blizzard's damage was a joke and even the Physical Crunch wasn't enough to take her down. After healing, I send Poliwrath again, Sleep and Focus Punch.
Then came Venusaur, seriously, **** this thing, Sludge Bomb almost killed Honchkrow but she managed yo survive with enough HP to sustain the Hail after hitting with Fly... and she got poisoned. Snorlax tanking came back up but the problem was switching to something that could damage it(and did I mention that thanks to the Hail, Red healed Venusaur? Because that was bull****). I switch to Dragonite but turns out Sludge Bomb was more powerful than I though, so I switch to Poliwrath Nidoking expecting one onky for it to throw a Giga Drain at his face. One Fly later, it was over but I think it took more damage from the Hail than from me.
Charizard was a *****. Sleep hax? Air Slash. Draco Meteor the *****? Dragon Pulse back. Snorlax tanking? Flare Blitz(more like "Flare *******"). The answer? THANDERUBORUTO, Jolteon was the MVP here.
The hardest part it about red's fight, aside from the leveling(which is pretty much where all of its challenge comes from) is the hail. Once you get rid of that(in my playthroughs it was always due to Tyranitar or Groudon) it's a pretty easy team IMO.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I always feel like people are angry with the idea of anyone being excited about the Switch.

Which is kind of sad because I want to do that and then I just don't feel welcome to, or like I'll be looked down on for it. . . :<
well no one is telling you "Dont be excited" or "you dont have the right to be excited" here

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
well no one is telling you "Dont be excited" or "you dont have the right to be excited" here
Well no, but hearing "Ugh, all these people acting excited, they're so annoying" isn't very encouraging.

I want to be excited, but I also don't want to drive anyone up the wall and I certainly don't want my excitement to ruin anyone else's day.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well no, but hearing "Ugh, all these people acting excited, they're so annoying" isn't very encouraging.

I want to be excited, but I also don't want to drive anyone up the wall and I certainly don't want my excitement to ruin anyone else's day.
If people's days are ruined by others being excited for something then you probably shouldn't be paying attention to them.
You want to be happy then be happy, don't let miserable people try to drag you down just because they aren't happy.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also, as much as it's cool
:137::233:

Polygonal space duck designed to travel freely through space and cyberspace, basically a simple robot.
"Spherical" upgrade makes it advance to the point that its capable of learning; acting on its own. Not quite capable of space travel yet but the dream is "tangible."

34404: Theme not found. (Yes I know it's bugged on viruses)

D

Deleted member

The hardest part it about red's fight, aside from the leveling(which is pretty much where all of its challenge comes from) is the hail. Once you get rid of that(in my playthroughs it was always due to Tyranitar or Groudon) it's a pretty easy team IMO.
Aside from 100% Blizzards, the damage actually helped me :p
Like dealing about half of his Pokemon's HP while I healed

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Thats when you just ignore them and continue on

Its best to ignore some people

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

You could just not care about that and enjoy yourself freely like you deserve to instead.

If your own positivity and personal enjoyment is such a bother to another person that it actually ruins their current day and personal life to the point of wanting to gripe, moan and complain about it verbally on the internet rather than doing literally anything else more productive with their time or just ignoring it, that's their problem. Not yours.

Just chillax, be yourself, have fun and be happy. You're not harming anyone by being excited. Especially not in here.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
To be fair they're heels and they like working people a lot.
thing is i dont think that is him being a heel.I get he wants to be to indies what cena is to the wwe i respect that.But trashing the competition isnt gonna do much for you

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So nice to finally be back home after that long journey from work.
****ing Tube Strikes.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Test tried my team on showdown.. the only issues was random crits kept hitting Snorlax and knocking it out prematurely.. can you remove this next Gen GF? And my constant reliance on a few Pokemon which hasn't been too much of a concern but I would like at least use the few I wasn't using more often..

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser How my Decidueyea daughter doing?
She got in a fight with a raging bull deity thingy and a frozen coffee table. She won by doing what she does best; shooting them in the face with the Tree of Might and the Spooky Scary Skeletons remix.

So yeah, she's doing great. <3

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Is there a Pokemon vased off Lich? Cause if not I thought up one. It's Immorticia. Ghost/Fighting type. Evolves from Mortalier. Same type but based off a regular skeleton.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As we approach the Switch Presentation, how about a new topic?

Games you doubt would happen but would blow you away at the presentation?

This can be anything, from 1st to 3rd party, any storyline, and concept, etc.

For me, I would honestly love to see either Super Mario RPG HD or a new captain toad game based on galaxy. That would be great to see in that style and HD.

Cool spinoffs would be great to see as well, like more warrior games or other unique spinoff genres like Detective Pikachu.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For me, I would honestly love to see either Super Mario RPG HD or a new captain toad game based on galaxy. That would be great to see in that style and HD.

Cool spinoffs would be great to see as well, like more warrior games or other unique spinoff genres like Detective Pikachu.
A Punch-Out!! game for the Switch from Next Level Games. For launch.

I swear I'd preorder a Switch for day one immediately if that happened.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I'm pretty interested in seeing a new Fire Emblem title for the Switch as well as a new Kirby title for the same console, so seeing either of those revealed during the presentation would be a really nice surprise for me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A Punch-Out!! game for the Switch from Next Level Games. For launch.

I swear I'd preorder a Switch for day one immediately if that happened.
With lM being kind of popular from Smash, I wouldn't be surprised if a new punch out was worked on at one point. It could be cool to have it on the go to.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Fire Emblem for the Switch.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Metroid...(yes I'm not entirely optimistic about seeing it revealed for launch)

New F-Zero and possibly an Ice Climber/Duck Hunt revival...

Smash 5 (not a port a new game entirely)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What'd be funny is if Sakurai heard about Smash 5 the same time we did

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

SUPER. SMASH. WARRIORS.

Plain and simple, a Dynasty Warriors Smash themed game with most of, if not the whole, roster from Smash 4, 3rd parties included, plus some new characters. Maybe some who didn't quite make the cut for the ballot but were very popular and wanted. (coughshantaecough)

That's pretty much my pipe dream of a game I'd love to play that won't ever happen.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

A 3D Donkey Kong game would be hype.

A proper Mario and Sonic crossover is another one.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

A new F-Zero would make me over the moon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did you know there is a law preventing the chemical DHMO added to Alcohol

But, there is no such law adding it to children's drinks? And, in fact companies save money by adding DHMO to them?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
http://www.gamestop.com/switch

Gamestop lists that pokemon in some form is coming to the switch.

Not surprising but I wonder in what form?
I'm expecting Pokken. There's no way they're letting that die off on the Wii U.

Especially since the Arcade version is still doing decently well and the latest content hasn't come to consoles yet.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Did you know there is a law preventing the chemical DHMO added to Alcohol

But, there is no such law adding it to children's drinks? And, in fact companies save money by adding DHMO to them?
If the first source I read is correct, then I'm just... disgusted that this is allowed. Like, that sounds like some pretty dangerous stuff. If not then, well... I guess need some more info on this chemical.

http://www.gamestop.com/switch

Gamestop lists that pokemon in some form is coming to the switch.

Not surprising but I wonder in what form?
Well, it's clearly not going to be a main series game, so it's a spin-off of sorts... probably Rumble, since Stadium and Ranger aren't coming back, and I doubt another Mystery Dungeon's coming.

:094:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If the first source I read is correct, then I'm just... disgusted that this is allowed. Like, that sounds like some pretty dangerous stuff. If not then, well... I guess need some more info on this chemical.

Well, it's clearly not going to be a main series game, so it's a spin-off of sorts... probably Rumble, since Stadium and Ranger aren't coming back, and I doubt another Mystery Dungeon's coming.

:094:
You just made me realize, another ranger or HD Mystery Dungeon would be amazing....

To bad they probably won't happen.

And it could technically be stars, as that's a port, but I don't see it being announced soon if real, and it will probably be out in 2018.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
New F-Zero for Switch is an instant buy for me.

Pipedream is Punch Out Switch and Dixie Long/Starman in Smash Switch port

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, don't listen to this propoganda

True facts about DHMO

• Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
  • Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
  • Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
  • DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
  • Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
  • Contributes to soil erosion.
  • Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
  • Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
  • Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
  • Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
don't ruin the joke before I finish it

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So what if Nintendo releasing Pokemon Snap on the Wii U via virtual console is a test to see how well it sells and a possible sequel will be on the Switch? Sun and Moon having similar features could also be a hint that they may be planning on a well deserved and long awaited sequel.. but the possibility is still low but one can hope :lol:

Also I put Nebby back into the bag :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Dead or Alive 6

Senran Kagura 3

Or even a REAL Ty the Tasmanian Tiger sequel.

A girl can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom