• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Found the Mahvel leaker, he claims his info is 3 months old also included characters who were considered and games Capcom is making
Switch Stuff
MVC3 Remastered is coming on, Switch version is still being considered apparently (remember, 3 months old info)
Games!
DMC5 baby! And a Souls-esque Ghost and Goblins game apparently
Now for the main course! The characters for MVCI
Capcom!
Ryu, Rashid, Chun-Li, Zangief, Gill, Morrigan, Talbain, Tessa, Mega Man X, Sigma, Roll, Strider, Jin, Captain Commando, Falcon, Asura, Gene, Dante, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Nina (BoF2), Spencer, Simon Blackquill, Phoenix Wright, Rathalos (Giant Character), Masamune Date, Batsu, June, and Frank West
Mahvel!
Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doom
Personal thoughts on these!
Switch versions are always nice, DMC5 is something the fans need, and I hope Patty from the anime somehow becomes canon. GnG game might be good, but the characters, hooboy, Rashid/Whammu is always cool, Gill is finally balanced, Sigma is neat, Strider and Captain Commando returning could be cool, Gene DESERVES spotlight, Blackquill is the best AA choice, Rathalos while ****ing awesome isn't Brachydios but the fact Giants are bac from TVC is good enough! Batsu also deserved to come back, he was fun in TVC. Black Panther is not only cool but hilarious considering that old MVC3 interview, Black Widow is disappointing, Ant Man is hype, Venom is ****ING HYPE, all the Defenders other than Jessica Jones is cool, Punisher could be fun, Ultron needs redemption after his movie, Groot not being playable is a shame, Gwenpool replacing Deadpool is unjustifiable, Squirrel Girl is hype, Fing Fang Foom has enough to work with and the FOX characters there are all cool

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So here's a question for people....

Does anyone still play Smash at least semi-regularly?
I don't. Not anymore, anyways. I don't even own an SSB game. Sold it with my Wii U to get cash for an Xbox One.

I just don't like fighting games as much as I use to. I'm more into FPS's now.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Found the Mahvel leaker, he claims his info is 3 months old also included characters who were considered and games Capcom is making
Switch Stuff
MVC3 Remastered is coming on, Switch version is still being considered apparently (remember, 3 months old info)
Games!
DMC5 baby! And a Souls-esque Ghost and Goblins game apparently
Now for the main course! The characters for MVCI
Capcom!
Ryu, Rashid, Chun-Li, Zangief, Gill, Morrigan, Talbain, Tessa, Mega Man X, Sigma, Roll, Strider, Jin, Captain Commando, Falcon, Asura, Gene, Dante, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Nina (BoF2), Spencer, Simon Blackquill, Phoenix Wright, Rathalos (Giant Character), Masamune Date, Batsu, June, and Frank West
Mahvel!
Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Thor, Loki, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Ultron, Thanos, Star-Lord, Rocket (w/Groot), Doctor Strange, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Fing Fang Foom (Giant), Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, and Doom
Personal thoughts on these!
Switch versions are always nice, DMC5 is something the fans need, and I hope Patty from the anime somehow becomes canon. GnG game might be good, but the characters, hooboy, Rashid/Whammu is always cool, Gill is finally balanced, Sigma is neat, Strider and Captain Commando returning could be cool, Gene DESERVES spotlight, Blackquill is the best AA choice, Rathalos while ****ing awesome isn't Brachydios but the fact Giants are bac from TVC is good enough! Batsu also deserved to come back, he was fun in TVC. Black Panther is not only cool but hilarious considering that old MVC3 interview, Black Widow is disappointing, Ant Man is hype, Venom is ****ING HYPE, all the Defenders other than Jessica Jones is cool, Punisher could be fun, Ultron needs redemption after his movie, Groot not being playable is a shame, Gwenpool replacing Deadpool is unjustifiable, Squirrel Girl is hype, Fing Fang Foom has enough to work with and the FOX characters there are all cool
Ryce says fake
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227494237&postcount=3406

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Anyway...anyone here play Overwatch? If so, who are the most recently buffed and nerfed characters? How is the most recent patch shaping the OW meta? I don't own the game, but I'd love to get it soon, so it would be good to know.
I am pretty sure that this is already said but the meta right consists of 76, D.Va, Rein, Ana and some others that i might not be aware of.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is lazy town some children's show? From that number one song it's production value looks significantly better than children's shows that I remember

70% of Alolan Pokedex completed.

Getting these SOS-exclusive Pokemon is really tedious.... I've only managed to get Mareanie, Sableye and Goomy so far.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What would be a good name for this ghost special move. It's 60 power 15pp and does double damage when opponent is asleep.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I get the feeling I may someday have to see that in one way or another. :p
Yup. And you might regret not seeing it sooner haha.
Too many moments that turned out differently than I expected. Tho at one point I got a bit confused but didn't take long to realize something.
70% of Alolan Pokedex completed.

Getting these SOS-exclusive Pokemon is really tedious.... I've only managed to get Mareanie, Sableye and Goomy so far.
I got a few Mareanie from wonder trading. :p

-
And with that, I'm off y'all.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I liked the post when it said your sister came back, then read a parent went to the hospital. Hopefully they are ok.
Yeah my sis is alright, she just has Gastritis

My parent triped over the dog and fell on their chest so they went to take them to get it checked. the floor is concrete also so there is the reason they went so fast

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What would be a good name for this ghost special move. It's 60 power 15pp and does double damage when opponent is asleep.
Night Terror

Although isn't it kinda redundant with Hex being a thing?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I haven't played Smash as much as I should, but then I've been less games in general for a while and I figure it's probably just a mood thing that'll pass at some point. I've probably still played it more recently and with more enjoyment than half the thread. It's one of the few games I can feel a mood strike me to pick up and play at random times instead of playing it once and calling it a day, so I definitely plan on picking up the Switch version if it adds anything. I think Smash offers a nice niche in terms of what type of game genre I might be in the mood for at a given time that most other games don't offer, so it's nice to have around.

Of course, one can't live on Smash alone, but I expect that if I manage to procure a Switch early enough then I'll have enough games occupying my time prior to it releasing that being back in the mood for Smash will roll around naturally once I've spent some time playing other things.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah my sis is alright, she just has Gastritis

My parent triped over the dog and fell on their chest so they went to take them to get it checked. the floor is concrete also so there is the reason they went so fast
What is Gastritis?

Night Terror

Although isn't it kinda redundant with Hex being a thing?
Huh... I always thought that did something else.

Maybe I'll make it have a chance to make the opponent fall asleep?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
D

Deleted member

Casually semi-regularly. I pay attention to locals through FB but it's hard for me to make the time due to work/sleep. I need to play more Wii U as the 3DS version is bumming me out with it's stages. Also I miss amiibo collecting.

I check SWF constantly, but my actual posting activity has fallen drastically due to lack of activity within the boards themselves. The Character, Staff, and 4BR have been in a huge lull recently. My modding duties have mostly been getting rid of daily spam bots.

I would hope we get some news with the Switch Direct as I'd love to see a port (& amiibos) to help raise activity again. As grass roots as Smash is, fighting games thrive on company support and I don't want to wait until the summer tournament tour to see the site pick back up (is APEX even happening this year?).
My activity has been dramatically falling down since late 2016 for the exact same reason. The entire site has slowly become some sort of "wasteland," even though there indeed is some activity in it. There's not much of an incentive to post nowadays, at least to me.

And then there's Discord, which is an IM service used by many on here. Services like it are growing all the time and at the same time, forums are becoming outdated, despite being the preferred format for long messages.

Even if the Switch port officially becomes a thing and activity rises up, it'll probably only be a temporary thing until it dies down again. Perhaps Smashboards should somehow rebrand itself to attract more users. I'm not talking about changing the name of the site, but rather the brand identity as well as the XenForo layout. I'm merely suggesting ideas to keep activity up, anyways.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm trying to think up soe dex entries for my pokemon.

Here's one for Snomad Ice/Psychic type.

Not originally from Miteh when they were brought from their home region they seemingly began to unhinge.

They seem to produce a hum at a frequency only heard by certain pokemon, like Psyduck.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Pffft, all these people who left and are coming back.

I left and came back before it was mainstream.

:denzel:

By which I mean nice to see you guys again.

Last edited:

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Pokemon Prism is a Poor Man's Sun & Moon. I mean that in the best way possible.
Also, It's strange seeing SMASHboards members talking about how they DON'T play Smash Bros. I'm not judging or anything...I'm just saying.
That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom