• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'll be magenta tomorrow.
I'll help and make this happen :yeahboi: unless someone beat me to the punch already lol.

And in about 8-9ish days I'm going to be putting Nebby in the bag. This was a fun joke username with the get in the bag Nebby meme but I only intended it to last for a month :p the question is what to change my username to..

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Played some Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and I have to say, it's pretty fun! I really can see how the series was one of the two who created the Metroidvania genre. And since I played Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission, I feel like it's going to be better and better the more I advence. :)

D

Deleted member

Good bye 2016.
Farewell 2016.
You won't be missed 2016.
Good riddance, forever and ever 2016.

Oh, and have a good year 2017 everyone.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well Symmetra just got an updated moveset.
And longer range attacks… two ults…
I need to invest in a new battery for my 3DS
And God must hate me because I got some ugly *** frog in my town on animal crossing
I haven't play Animal Crossing since last year November 20, oh no…
What's that frog's name?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So here's a question for people....

Does anyone still play Smash at least semi-regularly?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Happy New Year everyone!

It has been months since I last touched Smash. I still have to collect every trophy and clear all challenges. Just not in the mood for doing those.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

I used to play everyday, then after a tournament I stopped playing as much as I used to. Then my 3DSs controls began to fail on me, so I've stopped since then

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Casually semi-regularly. I pay attention to locals through FB but it's hard for me to make the time due to work/sleep. I need to play more Wii U as the 3DS version is bumming me out with it's stages. Also I miss amiibo collecting.

I check SWF constantly, but my actual posting activity has fallen drastically due to lack of activity within the boards themselves. The Character, Staff, and 4BR have been in a huge lull recently. My modding duties have mostly been getting rid of daily spam bots.

I would hope we get some news with the Switch Direct as I'd love to see a port (& amiibos) to help raise activity again. As grass roots as Smash is, fighting games thrive on company support and I don't want to wait until the summer tournament tour to see the site pick back up (is APEX even happening this year?).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm might as well post the move pool for the regional mankey

1 Covet
1 Nuzzle
1 Low Kick
1 Leer
1 Focus Energy
5 Fury Swipes
8 Ice Ball
12 Pursuit
15 Karate Chop
19 Swagger
22 Thunder Punch
22 Ice Punch
29 Assurance
33 Thrash
36 Close Combat
40 Screech
43 Stomping Tantrum
47 Outrage
50 Bolt Strike

EDIT: Meant Bolt Strike lol

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Official pokemon isn't ever going to give Volt Tackle to anyone but Pikachu

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's Primeape's movepool too

1 Thunder Punch
1 Ice Punch
1 Fire Punch
1 Confetti Fist
1 Gem Hand
Evo Ice Punch

Primeape evolves from an Ice Stone. The new moves are Confetti Fist which is a fairy type Drain Punch, and Gem Hand which is a Diamond type Dizzy Punch.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

It's at least two months since I played Smash at even a casual level. I tried to get into Smash competitively around wii u launch and kinda just dropped entirely when SF V and GG Xrd Rev launched. Smash 4 was the first Smash game I played post 2009, where I started to take fgs as a more serious thing. Coming from more traditional fighters, Smash ultimately felt really alien to me in a one v one setting. I always felt like I was fighting the game itself as much as the opponent. I'm also not a fan of certain mentalities and aspects of the scene. But that being said, I'm still down to hang here from time to time.

Chrono.

I haven't played Smash in a couple months but that's because RPGs have taken over my vidya time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The whole Chu line can learn it. Its Chu exclusive
and uf you mean anime, Some Raichu did Volt tackle as well
I meant they aren't going to suddenly give it to any pokemon line that isn't Pikachu

Especially not the mankey line

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I play it whenever I hang out with friends.

Heck I just played Smash two days ago.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sooooo anyone see this?

http://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/

It looks like Sakurai wanted the gun off of that figure as a reference for something.

It's hard to tell what exactly might come of this. It tells us a few things that it can't be, but it doesn't tell us a whole lot about what it actually is. Kid Icarus: Uprising actually did have a sufficient enough variety of weapons that it could get away with using a modified form of that gun, but Sakurai specifically said he wasn't touching the series again.

Maybe he's working on a new IP?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Sooooo anyone see this?

http://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/

It looks like Sakurai wanted the gun off of that figure as a reference for something.

It's hard to tell what exactly might come of this. It tells us a few things that it can't be, but it doesn't tell us a whole lot about what it actually is. Kid Icarus: Uprising actually did have a sufficient enough variety of weapons that it could get away with using a modified form of that gun, but Sakurai specifically said he wasn't touching the series again.

Well if you play as robots with guns then I doubt I'll be interested.

It could easily mean nothing except that he's a fan of Vifam, whatever that is. He may or may not use it as a reference. In link it says he sometimes uses figures as reference so who knows.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well if you play as robots with guns then I doubt I'll be interested.

It could easily mean nothing except that he's a fan of Vifam, whatever that is. He may or may not use it as a reference. In link it says he sometimes uses figures as reference so who knows.
The interview says he's interested in the rifle on the robot, not the robot itself. The rifle is being used as a reference

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sooooo anyone see this?

Custom Robo?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For the first time, after countless attempts, I've defeated Halo 2 on Legendary mode- arguably the most difficult Legendary mode of all the Halo games. I got my secret ending, and I feel pretty good about it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sooooo anyone see this?

I can only think of the EVA 101 When trying to picture the gun, just need to wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom