• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also, It's strange seeing SMASHboards members talking about how they DON'T play Smash Bros. I'm not judging or anything...I'm just saying.
Feelings on the SSB series can change after time goes by, and some of us have been here for quite awhile

The only reasons why I'm here is because I accidently bought premium again and there's good company. Better then most forums honestly.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I renamed the ghost/fighting pokemons evolved form Immorticia. It sounds more like a pokemon than Moros was.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Do you guys think we will see something about Smash in the Switch presentation?
Well, it's not a launch title, so who knows. It could first show up anywhere from then to E3, it's no guarantee it'll show up at first at all but I wouldn't completely count it out either. There's a very good chance they'll just want to focus on launch window, though, so it's not worth outright expecting. It's just not worth dismissing, either.

I disagree with the "It's just the console" responses, though, as I expect them to at least show off the games they'll be allowing people to demo across the world for the couple of days after the presentation. Smash itself is a wild card, but I at least expect what the initial trailer showed to be shown off alongside some other games like the leaked Mario/Rabbids crossover.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I really wish people that keeps talking about Switch stuff would **** right off. Like that one ***** on twitter.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Smash itself is a wild card, but I at least expect what the initial trailer showed to be shown off alongside some other games like the leaked Mario/Rabbids crossover.
I am hoping for something Smash related, but I understand if it does not happen for the time being.

About this Mario/Rabbids RPG though; does anyone believe it would be a good idea to put the famous plumber against a bunch of rabbits that went insane at some point? :crazy:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wish there was like a total of how many new moves each generation of pokemon added so I could see how mine compares.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I mean, if they're going to show off the Switch theyre probably going to show off some games.

Games sell systems

But I doubt we'll hear anything Smash Bros related.
About this Mario/Rabbids RPG though; does anyone believe it would be a good idea to put the famous plumber against a bunch of rabbits that went insane at some point? :crazy:
Not entirely. Unless its a new entry in the Mario and Luigi series then yes it would be great.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I am hoping for something Smash related, but I understand if it does not happen for the time being.

I'm not sure, but since I see a lot of negativity about it I may as well point out I can think of WORSE ideas for direct crossovers.

Imagine Mario crossing over with some franchise that took itself completely dead seriously, like some game that goes out of it's way to be traumatic or overly pretentious with as little levity as possible. Mario is a series with not much in the way of a consistent plot, so if you HAVE to pick a Nintendo franchise to lump Rabbids specifically in with then Mario is arguably a better choice than anything else they could have picked.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
From some tedious sleuthing I think I know how many moves were added per gen

1: 165
2: 86
3: 103
4: 113
5: 92
6: 62
7: 81

So my 106 is not that crazy.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm not sure, but since I see a lot of negativity about it I may as well point out I can think of WORSE ideas for direct crossovers.

Imagine Mario crossing over with some franchise that took itself completely dead seriously, like some game that goes out of it's way to be traumatic or overly pretentious with as little levity as possible. Mario is a series with not much in the way of a consistent plot, so if you HAVE to pick a Nintendo franchise to lump Rabbids specifically in with then Mario is arguably a better choice than anything else they could have picked.
Yeah, you make a point. If it actually does turn out to be true, it makes me wonder what the plot will be and how successful it may be despite the negativity going on about it (which does not surprise me since the Rabbids have been mixed in terms of reception).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If we do get some Smash news, I won't be expecting some major bombshells (we're talking about an enhanced port, after all).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I have a pokemon based off a chimney, it's a rock/fire type and it's actually one of the faster rock types.

It's called Chimbrix, so if anyone has a better idea for a name I'm all ears.

It also has a pre evo which is rock/normal and called Brix. If you wanna help name that.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Some people are trying to convince that Sinnoh Remakes won't have new megas.
Surely they jestin'.
Good god... That is both magnificent and terrifying at the same time when you merge two penguins from two Nintendo franchises together. XD

(Empoleon is my most favorite Pokemon of all time, after all, so its not much of a surprise) :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Immortal Sword thinks it's funny to make Eagler the game's Jagen.
Immortal Sword is not funny.
Just saw Your Name.

Unbelievably good. Stop what you're doing and go see it if you haven't already...just....watch it.
Please, everyone listen to this man

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I have a pokemon based off a chimney, it's a rock/fire type and it's actually one of the faster rock types.

It also has a pre evo which is rock/normal and called Brix. If you wanna help name that.
Hm well what does the pre evo look like?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If we do get some Smash news, I won't be expecting some major bombshells (we're talking about an enhanced port, after all).
It's good not to expect anything, but I actually think something big might be possible, at least in terms of what this fandom considers big.

Any new character added at all would be considered a major bombshell, even if the current rumor is for only two. If a character trailer just spontaneously dropped during the presentation or anytime else, that alone would stir some people into a frenzy.

The Ballot made a comment about using the data as a reference for future games, which was odd from the start. I smell a storm brewing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here's the stats of another of my favourite pokemon ideas. Gigalien. Ground/Fighting

HP: 75
Attack: 80
Defense: 105
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 105
Speed: 80
Total: 495

It has the ability Armored Core which doubles defense and special defense at under 25% hp. :p

Last edited:

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228

I have a dumb idea but it could work. So the pre-evo could be a single flaming brick and the pokedex entry could say something like "Novice Pokemon Trainers frequently use this Pokemon as a weapon to protect themselves from wild Pokemon or to catch their first Pokemon" or somthing.
It also have self destruct. It's just a thought.
Also I think Gigalien has a cool ability but it doesn't have the right defensive typing to be viable. I guess it could function main game wise, through.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This is first time I ever got pranked. I wonder who did it.

The purple-colored title really fits my avatar though!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I would normally say "burn it with fire" but it's a water type so . . .
Kill it with fighting!
:061:
How about "Strike it with lightning?" It has a bit of a divine retribution flavor to it.

Empoleon was my first starter and will always hold a very dear place in my heart due to that, but. . .no. Don't do that to it. It's pretty face doesn't deserve to have that happen to it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seems based on my earlier question that most peeps on here don't play Smash all that much anymore...

I still play once or twice a week with a buddy of mine...

----

In other news...

I found it!
I'm gonna go for Shiny Dewpider next....also want to look into getting a Damp Parasect so I can shiny hunt for self-destruct mons like Minior...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So I have a confession, since I missed the fateful day of December 27th being away for Christmas and all of that.

Carrie Fisher? She was kind of my homegirl. Like my original first love as a child of a character as Leia and later as a teen/adult as herself, Carrie.

She helped me through a lot. She made me realize how drawn I was towards strong female characters as Princess Leia. Before I loved She Hulk, before I loved Storm, Jill Valentine, Peach, Rosalina, Bayonetta, just before anyone...

There was Leia Organa. Then there was Carrie Fisher not shortly afterwards.

Once I got old enough to start caring about the actors and actresses behind my favorite characters I was immediately drawn to Carrie Fisher.

Her struggles, how she handled them, overcame them with a huge set of balls that most men wish they had as she took on the world with a laugh and a smile on her face despite her inner struggles.

She was everything I wanted to be as a person and looked up to as a person. Hell, I don't know maybe she's a big reason of why I subconsciously am the way I am about life. And in that regard and in her honor?

I am forever and finally changing my name to Leia Organa.

I loved you Carrie Fisher. If only I had gotten to make it to New York Comic Con this year like me and the gang had thought about? Perhaps I could have met you.

C'est la vie. It simply wasn't meant to be.

- Alex, formerly Rosalina, formerly Roger Smith, formerly LexSpec, formerly so many god damn names that you all probably secretly hate me.

Last edited:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115

Some people are trying to convince that Sinnoh Remakes won't have new megas.
Surely they jestin'.
Guess that means Mega Empoleon is perfect.

Oh wait...It was already perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom