• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Definitely gonna try and make as many of my pokemon competitively viable, but if not there's a definite handful I want to be that.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
If the rumors of a Smash port are true, Ninty would be insane to not at least confirm its existence.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems based on my earlier question that most peeps on here don't play Smash all that much anymore...

I still play once or twice a week with a buddy of mine...

----

In other news...

I found it!
I'm gonna go for Shiny Dewpider next....also want to look into getting a Damp Parasect so I can shiny hunt for self-destruct mons like Minior...
I still play it, usually when I have nothing to do and feel like playing something more action focused after getting off the RPG mood.
It's still one of my most played games

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I hope all of you met the new year well and that this year treats you all well. Happy New Year.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Beaten Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.

Another great game by WayForward, though to be honest a couple of things in the game rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm going to give it a second playthrough before giving my full thoughts.

Though I will say this.
Good to see Risky as the main antagonist again, really thought they would have soften her up after Pirate's Curse.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My ten pokemon that I'd want to be in the competitive scene are these:

1. Dubimoth. Dark/Fairy type. It is basically what you get from merging the mothman with a super sentai

2. Gigalien. Ground/Fighting type. It's a giant alien based off the great galactic ghoul.

3. Voltare. Grass/Electric type. It's a jakalope with electrically charged antlers, also the final form of my grass starter.

4. Maliggan. Dark/Light type. It's a succubus whose special attack is buffed with every hit it takes.

5. Flyjinn. Poison/Fairy type. It's what you get when you mix a horse fly and a djinn, with all the trickery of the latter.

6. Ghoulfriend. Flying/Fighting type. It's basically a harpy, but pokefied.

7. Dolphage. Electric/Flying type. It's a dolphin covered in an electric liquid which lets it shoot out of the water faster and reach bigger heights.

8. Whirloise. Flying type. It's a big tortoise that spuns constantly on its axis, its hidden ability pushes battlefield hazards to the opponents side.

9. Eyeflict. Dark/Water type. It's a giant creepy eyeball.

10. Himillama. Ice/Dragon type. It's a llama with fur that looks like a scarf and one of those toques with the dangling pom poms.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well goodnight dudes. Cy'all tomorrow.

Naturally I'll post more Pokemon stuff when i get home from work.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not sure, but since I see a lot of negativity about it I may as well point out I can think of WORSE ideas for direct crossovers.

Imagine Mario crossing over with some franchise that took itself completely dead seriously, like some game that goes out of it's way to be traumatic or overly pretentious with as little levity as possible. Mario is a series with not much in the way of a consistent plot, so if you HAVE to pick a Nintendo franchise to lump Rabbids specifically in with then Mario is arguably a better choice than anything else they could have picked.
I'd say Warioware makes the most sense tone wise but old Wario doesn't bring in the bucks like he used to.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd say Warioware makes the most sense tone wise but old Wario doesn't bring in the bucks like he used to.
Yeah, I'd forgotten Wario when I'd written that and then remembered afterwards. Maybe DK as well for that matter since he seems to deal with ridiculous mobs of animals fairly often, although with it's fandom maybe not.

I suppose at the very least the Mario superfamily seems to be the best fit, even if there are denser and wackier branches of the family tree that might have worked slightly better than what they seem to have went with.

I have this weird feeling thinking about the crossover where it feels strange but at the same time I can actually picture it in my head very easily. It feels like it somehow makes sense to exist, but at the same time feels unusual for doing so.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Apparently, CoroCoro claims that BotW will come out in March this year.

http://nintendoeverything.com/corocoro-believes-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-will-launch-in-spring-2017/

Lets hope its a launch title.
I hope so, they put all the hype on that game so they need to capitalise on it.

And then the WiiU can get it's last big game and finally rest. And then tomorrow's hipsters will claim it was the best system of all time and people of the past are stupid.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
To guess, or not to guess? That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the trolls and naysayers of outrageous fourms,
Or take arms against the leakers,
And by adding a reasonable guess to the pot of reddit fueled nonsense and tomfoolery,
Make myself look like an attention *****.

To be flamed... to sleep.

Guys, my uncle's sandwich loving dog who walks Reggie said BoTW has Tingle in it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
praline praline : Ideas I had for your Chimney Pokemon stuff? Mortrix > Xirstack. First one is Mortar + Brix, second is Xirb(brix spelled backwards) + Stack.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So...even with all of the controversy this game has gained over the years...I still love its soundtrack. This is one of my favorite songs:

Speaking of which, what are your guys' favorite video game songs?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Keeping my expectations low for the Switch event TBH.

Especially if the show turns out to not have that many games shown off.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
that moment you realize you only have 10 days till the switch direct because est is best time zone

EDIT
that moment when you say that 3 minutes before a new day and thus are now 9 days away

EDIT that moment when you realize your a dumbass and realize you cant time right

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I hope so, they put all the hype on that game so they need to capitalise on it.

And then the WiiU can get it's last big game and finally rest. And then tomorrow's hipsters will claim it was the best system of all time and people of the past are stupid.
I'll let the hipsters enjoy themselves this time, after all the Wii U has gone through it needs someone to love it.

All three of the games I dumped the most time into in the short year I've had my Wii U are rumored to be being ported, and the two of them I keep finding myself going back to with upgrades. This in addition to BotW and one unannounced but heavily implied other game that I own on another system already that I'll likely skip on the Wii U entirely and hopefully will be slightly better on the Switch. As a handheld player who started gaming heavily last generation I think the toaster is going to top the Wii U just by having everything I like on it but better and with other games on top of it.

Topping Nintendo's handhelds that I've played is another matter entirely, but then that burden isn't entirely on Nintendo's shoulders in the first place. *looks at Pokemon Company/Game Freak and SEGA* Not that it entirely ISN'T, either. *looks at Kid Icarus*

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the trolls and naysayers of outrageous fourms,
And by adding a reasonable guess to the pot of reddit fueled nonsense and tomfoolery,

Guys, my uncle's sandwich loving dog who walks Reggie said BoTW has Tingle in it.
I'm going to guess the Octolings aren't going to be made playable in Splatoon Switch.

Again.

Based on the fact that guess replaces suicide in this reference, i suggest never guessing. ever. :p

Also i didnt prank anyone because i assumed anyone i would care to prank would already be pranked or was made premium. . .and because i was too lazy to think about pranking anyone

For a loooooooong time it was the Phendrana Drifts theme from Metroid Prime.

but now it's something more. . .extreme
:061:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So...even with all of the controversy this game has gained over the years...I still love its soundtrack. This is one of my favorite songs:

I don't think I have a particular favorite, there's so many good songs out there. I did think of a good one upon seeing you ask, though.

This song is a good example of mixing two things together that aren't normally mixed but actually work really well. That general kind of concept is a staple of many games that I like to play, if not most of them, although it's not usually embodied so well in the music.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ah, the good ol' impossible question.
There's really no way that I can list all the songs that I consider 'favorite'.
I just like so many different kinds of video game music.

D

Deleted member

sandwich loving dog
That sounds like a great love story

Honestly, it's kinda hard to decide on my favorites but lately I've grown to like The End of Raging Winds(and its original 'Waves' version) a lot
Especially the new remix in EOV
Other than that, I'd have to say Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger, Jergingha Planetary Destruction Form from The Wonderful 101 and Cave Story's Final FINAL Boss theme

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I loved DKC2 the best out of all the DKC. I mean, I like them all- including the Return titles, but DKC2 is just simply better, in my opinion.
That HAS to be one of my favorite video games of all time. Level design is flawless, the nostalgia gives me the feels, the soundtrack is epic...the final boss is fun...secret levels are both beyond hard and amazing...watching DK struggle with the knots during the boss fight is hilarious (:laugh:)...that game is near perfect. My favorite level in that game is probably Hot Head Hop...VERY fun level.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
You know I'm going to be a little greedy add two more tracks in the mix just cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom