• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Be proud, those of you who enjoy "so bad it's good" stuff. :laugh:
As one who enjoyed the Street Fighter movie and the Super Mario Bros. movie because of how bad they were (the Street Fighter movie being more enjoyable because of Raul Julia's hamtastic performance as M. Bison, bless his soul....), this is a pleasant discovery.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm probably gonna be too busy to post this later, so I'll post now.

There will be a live stream of the Summer of Sonic event happening pretty much for the whole thing if I'm not mistaken. I can't guarantee if special trailers or announcements of any kind will be there (though it's definitely possible as it has happened before, and Takashi Iizuka will be attending), but it might be worth tuning into regardless, for the Q&A's and what not, as well as the concerts. And who knows, maybe I'll manage to sneak into it somehow, if people want to see my ugly mug do dumb things (that's not a guarantee I'll be showing up on it, I just mean if I pass by the camera by chance or something. :p

The stream link is here so you can check it out on Saturday as the event is on, if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQsxJk8X3yQ

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My most powerful pokemon atm is arcanine

Although it's the second best one you can get, and not the best so I probably won't power it up

It's got flamethrower instead of fire blast

Also, growlithe isn't in this area, I hatched it from eggs. So, even if I wanted to power it up I wouldn't be able to

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I wonder how Special XY is.

I only really know that X is supposedly a loner/shut-in and Y is a model.
Its actual really good.Y is a famous sky trainer and X is probably the best battler ever in the series but doesnt do it because of his fear of papparazzi. Trevor and shauna are really good support characters though the fat one is kinda just there.Not as good as R/G/B,Y OR GSC but better than D/P/P and about as good as BW i say 6.9/7 out of 10 so far

D

Deleted member

Two Smash-related questions:
  1. How would you feel if a character that has never made a single appearance on a Nintendo system (not even minor cameo and spin-off appearances like Cloud) joined Smash?
  2. How would you feel if a non-video game character (Goku, Shrek, Mickey, etc.) joined Smash?
Me personally, for #1, I've come to accept that Smash is no longer just a celebration of Nintendo, but gaming in general (featuring primarily Nintendo characters), so I'm pretty much open to the concept, plus there are some characters who aren't on Nintendo systems that I'm genuinely interested in seeing in Smash. As for #2, I could list several characters that didn't originate from video games that I at least would be okay with in Smash, but you'd probably notice that most, if not all of them have had at least some history of appearing in video games. I'm not sure if I'd be able to tolerate characters that haven't appeared in a single video game.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
  1. How would you feel if a character that has never made a single appearance on a Nintendo system (not even minor cameo and spin-off appearances like Cloud) joined Smash?
  2. How would you feel if a non-video game character (Goku, Shrek, Mickey, etc.) joined Smash?
Me personally, for #1, I've come to accept that Smash is no longer just a celebration of Nintendo, but gaming in general (featuring primarily Nintendo characters), so I'm pretty much open to the concept, plus there are some characters who aren't on Nintendo systems that I'm genuinely interested in seeing in Smash. As for #2, I could list several characters that didn't originate from video games that I at least would be okay with in Smash, but you'd probably notice that most, if not all of them have had at least some history of appearing in video games. I'm not sure if I'd be able to tolerate characters that haven't appeared in a single video game.
1.Depends on the character in question.I mean i wouldnt hate to see Dante in smash one day especially after seeing Bayonetta but im in no rush for him or someone like chief to join smash,maybe chell from portal just to see what they could do with her
2.No,never ever.I think that would be the point when smash actually jumps ships. Smash should stay video game characters only or it loses one of the main purposes of the game.A celebration of gaming not a lets just add a character just to add a character fighting game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
1. Unless it's not a Rare or Sony character, then I would be upset.

2. Goku is fine, Mickey Mouse is ok. Any other character would be awful.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I started playing Wario World, man it's a real gem. Wahaha...

Why'd this game never get a sequel? They should at least make more Wario Land games.
As a side note, now I understand why most people are disappointed with Wario in Smash. That shoulder bash...
Two Smash-related questions:How would you feel if a character that has never made a single appearance on a Nintendo system (not even minor cameo and spin-off appearances like Cloud) joined Smash?
I'd wait and see if we can get Banjo in eventually. If a character owned by a direct competitor can get in, then the doors wide open.
How would you feel if a non-video game character (Goku, Shrek, Mickey, etc.) joined Smash?
I still feel like this would delude the series, it's a celebration of gaming (as you said) and anyone outside of gaming has no place. Now Mickey has had his share of good games, but I think a character should originate from a game.

In general, with Bayonetta getting in, I feel like just about any third party character has a chance if the opportunity is there. Gimme Shantae, Earthworm Jim, Spyro and Crash, whoever else. I still want Rayman first though, and Snake's return...

Last edited:
Depends on the character. I would hate someone like Kratos, but I would be relatively ok with something like Sly Cooper or Ratchet and Clank. Or any FF character.

How would you feel if a non-video game character (Goku, Shrek, Mickey, etc.) joined Smash?

:061:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
inb4 another 'ultimate' version is released. Can we get work on Flash done already? As far as I know, that's the first (and probably only) DCEU movie NOT done by Snyder
my god this is too adorable

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Metroid Prime: Federation Force is now up for pre-purchase one the eShop.

Unlike most of my typical game buying procedures, I probably won't buy this...

...at launch.

I'll check reviews to see if I will get. The Blast Ball demo was fun but doesn't give me any ideas what to expect from the main campaign.

Ivander

Smash Legend
1: I think it depends on who joins and whatnot. Like, I'd be fine with a character like Master Chief, Sackboy, etc. Not so much with a character like Kratos or a Grand Theft Auto character and whatnot. That being said, if a character who hasn't appeared on an Nintendo console does appear, I just hope it's someone comparable to the likes of Cloud, Snake, Sonic, Ryu, etc.

2: I'd be indifferent to Goku. I wouldn't mind him, but I wouldn't exactly be excited. I'd be fine with Mickey, Scrooge McDuck or Popeye. But keep everyone else out.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

1. I would be okay with that. I feel like it could happen eventually.

2. It really depends on the character. Mickey I would be okay with. Goku, and Shrek....NO. Popeye and Mickey Mouse are the only two non-video game characters that I can think of that I'd be "okay" with and that's because they had a huge impact on gaming too.

D

Deleted member

I would rather neither happen and would be genuinely upset over either actually happening instead of just being pipe dreams or hypotheticals. But how I would truly feel would depend on who the characters in question are.
If it's someone I would actually not mind seeing, I'd be a little miffed that someone like them got in, but be ecstatic that they of all characters got in.
If it's someone I don't care for, I'd be upset that someone like them got in, but I'd get over it eventually.
If it's someone I would not want to see, I'd be pissed off and never really get over it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So Metroid Prime: Federation Force is now up for pre-purchase one the eShop.

Unlike most of my typical game buying procedures, I probably won't buy this...

...at launch.

I'll check reviews to see if I will get. The Blast Ball demo was fun but doesn't give me any ideas what to expect from the main campaign.
Still very much on the fence...

If I hear the single player is at least pretty solid and the game doesn't rely on me finding other players in order to have fun...then a purchase from me is more likely...

(still hoping for an inevitably not going to happen direct within the next day or two)

I am against both. While I understand Smash is no longer just Nintendo, I believe there has to be some kind of limit to third-parties.

And do I even need to explain why I'm against the second one?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
1) As long it's a well known & well loved video game character that doesn't feel forced in Smash, I'm fine.

2) Might depend of who. Honestly, I don't care who character is at all if they have a very fun moveset.

Come for the characters, stay for the gameplay is what I say.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
1. It really depends on the character. I wouldn't have any objections if it were a character like Ratchet and Clank.

2. I mean... I guess that also depends? I wouldn't blow a fuse if it were someone like Goku, Mickey or Batman. I couldn't really justify it, but I don't think it would be the worst thing ever.

As for characters like Shrek... stay out.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
1. Sakurai has already stated this isn't quite as important but it does help...I really doubt we're going to see characters like Master Cheif and Kratos anytime soon...

2. This is a different story...A line needs to be drawn somewhere...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Characters that never originated in video games need to stay the hell out; regardless of their impact on Gaming. Smash Bros is for video game characters only. The day someone like Goku gets in is when the series goes to ****.

Characters with no history on Nintendo platforms I could tolerate a bit but really shouldn't be in as well unless A) Nintendo has an agreement/deal with Sony or Microsoft that gets Kratos/Master Cheif in Smash Bros in exchange for something or B) companies who make said characters games go third party.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
1. Sounds fine to me. I'd love someone like Master Chief in. It's just a matter of making sure they fit well enough into the Smash universe.
2. Definitely not. Should be a video game character first, no exceptions.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm against all non-gaming characters except Mickey Mouse.
Mickey Mouse getting in Smash would be worth the initial uneasyness because well, it's Mickey flippin Mouse in Smash (with eventual friends like Donald Duck as ATs) but even someone as famous as Goku wouldn't be worth the actual horse**** that he will cause.
Honestly, only Mickey Mouse and maybe Scrooge if we wanna stay closer to gaming would be icons big enough to step into the fray imo.
Mickey is the only character more famous than Nintendo's properties either way and not only revolutionised movies, but also cartoons and comics
He's the undisputed King of all Media and all of the other fourth parties thrown around aren't even a step above the rest in thei own form of media (Shrek isn't undisputed king of children's movies, Goku isn't king of animemangathings and SpongeBob isn't the biggest cartoon by that much)

Mickey can even use props from Disney things other than his own things moveset wise to increase his imperium.

Non-Nintendo characters need to be the most famous characters of a titan series in gaming imo

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
1. It really depends...

2. No.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To be honest, Ratchet & Clank and Jak & Daxter being in Smash would be insanely amazing.

But Sir Dan.

Quick, get Sony on board.

Chrono.

Honestly, Goku shouldn't be in Smash.

...As a character.

I am 100% on board with him being a Mii Costume (assuming Miis ever come back of course).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom