• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The final Summer of Sonic guest has been announced, and I have one question...

Will he dab once more?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if this is true it's taken...
Ash at least four times as long to win a game region's league than it took Goku to win the World Martial Arts tournament. And probably still twice as long given there was a time skip for Goku to become an adult.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So if this is true it's taken...
Ash at least four times as long to win a game region's league than it took Goku to win the World Martial Arts tournament. And probably still twice as long given there was a time skip for Goku to become an adult.
To be fair, Ash will be the very best, but Goku still won't be

Burruni

Smash Hero
To people saying this might be the proper end to Ash, on a high note, Serena x Ash shipping and all that.

Remember.

He's right there.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
What's the source of those titles?

Super hyped if they are true

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What's the source of those titles?

Super hyped if they are true
Rumors and logic. No actual sources.

For instance, my medium's friend's A.I. told me that there's a 92% chance that the FE mobile game is a face-petting simulator.

I'll wait right here for my article.

Depends on the items and time is 6 minutes
Homerun Bat, Mr. Saturn, and Maximum Tomato.

And can I tag along? I need to practice for next year's EVO.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd be more relieved that Ash won than be satisfied TBH.

I'm starting to wonder if Ash winning the Pokemon League was intentional to get Pokemon's 20th anniversary as hype as possible.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Rumors and logic. No actual sources.

For instance, my medium's friend's A.I. told me that there's a 92% chance that the FE mobile game is a face-petting simulator.

I'll wait right here for my article.

Homerun Bat, Mr. Saturn, and Maximum Tomato.

And can I tag along? I need to practice for next year's EVO.
Sure. I need some practice for Big House 6

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Kuba has *****ing trolled us all. The next chapter after this double issue (August 22) is the last one. Either that or Yonkouproductions mistaken the climax (today's chapter) as the last one.

There will also a be a big announcement for it on the week of that last chapter. Most are rooting for a new anime, but I think it's going to be a final film a la The Last: Naruto the Movie. Things will be much different in the magazine with another of the Big 3 gone, it's only One Piece left (a titan that shall never fall).

"My mission is to kill all Hoshidans. I will not fail"
*1 second later*
"I have failed. . ."
-Beruka

Be proud, those of you who enjoy "so bad it's good stuff". :laugh:
So i've watched Foodfight like 7 times and loved how terrible it is. . .does that mean i'm a genius? :p
:061:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So i've watched Foodfight like 7 times and loved how terrible it is. . .does that mean i'm a genius? :p
:061:
Remember: Intelligence and Wisdom are not the same thing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kuba has *****ing trolled us all. The next chapter after this double issue (August 22) is the last one. Either that or Yonkouproductions mistaken the climax (today's chapter) as the last one.

There will also a be a big announcement for it on the week of that last chapter. Most are rooting for a new anime, but I think it's going to be a final film a la The Last: Naruto the Movie. Things will be much different in the magazine with another of the Big 3 gone, it's only One Piece left (a titan that shall never fall).

This is probably Kubo right about now. I couldn't believe I've woken up at 7 AM for this.

Though seeing Rukia as a captain and little girl Nemu was nice. Even goes to show that the Soul Society can change in 10 years.

Things are definitely going to be much different. This will be the first time Jump's been competitive since 2005. All those new series fighting to get attention while so many successful series will end soon (Toriko and Gintama is definitely next). I doubt Dance Manga and Enma's Daughter will last long, but Ghost ***s already got a bright future ahead of it. The Promised Neverland will probably wind up cancelled for being too dark for its target audience, or maybe that's just me thinking hypothetically.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
so in possible pokemon anime news.....look at the titles
Ash winning the League would make me happy, but the fact there doesn't seem to be an accurate source is making me skeptical about those episode titles.

If these titles end up becoming true, a part of me will also be disappointed because I was hoping for the Team Flare arc to go much longer than just three episodes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

This is probably Kubo right about now. I couldn't believe I've woken up at 7 AM for this.

Though seeing Rukia as a captain and little girl Nemu was nice. Even goes to show that the Soul Society can change in 10 years.

Things are definitely going to be much different. This will be the first time Jump's been competitive since 2005. All those new series fighting to get attention while so many successful series will end soon (Toriko and Gintama is definitely next). I doubt Dance Manga and Enma's Daughter will last long, but Ghost ***s already got a bright future ahead of it. The Promised Neverland will probably wind up cancelled for being too dark for its target audience, or maybe that's just me thinking hypothetically.
I can agree that it was a cute moment to see little Nemu walking with her sociopath of a father that cared for her despite his initial abusive behavior. Rukia being a captain was definitely the highlight for be along with Renji still being there. I just wonder what that reacts released could be. I have a bad feeling that it's Aizen as the new Soul King or Ichigo showing off his new power.

All except for Kochikame will still be there kicking until the very end like any hard working elder. I'll definitely miss Gintama whenever it ends, which rumors point to the live action film's release being the right time when the last arc will come to a close. Ghost ***s indeed will probably stay as the token romcom/eechi of the magazine since part of me doubts Love Rush (aka Discount Monster Musume) will last long given how terrible E-Robot was. I wouldn't say Promised Neverland will be "banned" in the vein of Chinyuki when the likes of Hunter x Hunter exists. And may I remind you that 80's manga like JoJo and Fist of the North Star were just as dark, if not, more violent than most WSJ manga.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Joe Merrick (Serebii) doesn't believe it as Game Freak's already going to have released SM for about 6 months by then
To be fair, an NX pokemon game could be a spinoff, but who know how likely that is. They don't usually work on spinoffs but they might for the NX

so in possible pokemon anime news.....look at the titles
If this is true, then we are in for pretty hype fights!

The Team Flare arc being short sort of sucks, but I expected 3 episodes. Still think it would be good though. If they actually appeal to shippers 100% I'd be surprised but interested in what they do.

Either way I don't fully believe in the list yet, but it could happen. We will see soon.

Also I feel like each elite 4 fight would be two parts as they are big fights to have in the anime.

Anyway we know Alain's last 2 pokemon,

Bisharp and an Unfeastant, which is surprising, as unfastant isn't that good or popular.

Pikachu is also fighting Charziard, tyranitar, and metagross. If pikachu beats the later two, I'd be surprised. The fight is looking good though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/08/...ming-within-six-months-of-nintendo-nx-launch/

My hype for this machine is slowly dwindling upon every rumour and passing day... :ohwell:
>New Pokemon

>Not releasing halfway into the system's life cycle

Well I'll believe it when I see it. It would time out right for a holiday release and fix one of the main problems the 3DS had, but I have no idea what Gen it would be and they were tardy last time.

As for me, I have slight concerns but I couldn't care less about it trying to compete with the PS4 since any Nintendo-absent series I touched on my PS3 were Sony IPs anyway. While everyone else is worried about not getting their fantasies in hardware and third party stock I'm just gonna hope it has comfortable controls and great first party games.

"A bit of a novelty"

Please no
It's not the first time a leaker has called it a novelty, IIRC.

I'm just gonna have to see it first though. Everyone else is allergic to gimmicks but as long as I don't have to flip the controller on it's side just to use it then it's probably at least better than the Wii.

The sky's gonna keep falling on everyone else and I'm gonna keep sitting there hoping for the best until it gets revealed.

It helps that I started with Nintendo handhelds and moved to the Wii U less than a year ago, so I'm less rooted in the "TV only" Nintendo experience.
Joe Merrick (Serebii) doesn't believe it as Game Freak's already going to have released SM for about 6 months by then
*EDIT* Miscounted. But it's 10 months after Sun and Moon, not 6. The NX releases in March and six months after that is September. Sun and Moon release in November.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The girls actually comes out much better except that Blue is a pathological liar and thief and Platinum is kinda bland (although almost a lot of characters are kinda on that side of bland in DPP chapters)

You can probably tell I never been positive or a fan of PokeSpec.

Especially when people always say it's better than the anime when that actually got better but Ash just gets screwed 8 ways to Sunday when ever he is the Pokemon League because we can't let him win

Plus Ash would beat Manga Red because his team is actually diverse compared to Red's "Fire Types don't exist in my world" team
Because the PokeSpe manga is just better than the Anime. The storyline isn't the same bland, formulaic have female and male traveling partner, collect 8 badges, compete at the PKMN league, and get stalked by Team Rocket grunts. The storyline's are actually interesting with the plotline not always being about collecting badges and every character has their own goals and clearly develops over the course of the manga. Blue being the prime example of this when you compare her from the RGB chapter to the FRLG chapter. Compare that to Ash who never frigging changes at all other than the slight maturity he had in AG and DP before the writers did the personality reset in Unova. They don't stay 10 all the time which is something I loathe about the Anime.

Red's team is diverse to, what makes you think it isn't?. If they were to battle Red would be the victor seeing as Ash always becomes a scrub with every new region he goes to.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can agree that it was a cute moment to see little Nemu walking with her sociopath of a father that cared for her despite his initial abusive behavior. Rukia being a captain was definitely the highlight for be along with Renji still being there. I just wonder what that reacts released could be. I have a bad feeling that it's Aizen as the new Soul King or Ichigo showing off his new power.

All except for Kochikame will still be there kicking until the very end like any hard working elder. I'll definitely miss Gintama whenever it ends, which rumors point to the live action film's release being the right time when the last arc will come to a close. Ghost ***s indeed will probably stay as the token romcom/eechi of the magazine since part of me doubts Love Rush (aka Discount Monster Musume) will last long given how terrible E-Robot was. I wouldn't say Promised Neverland will be "banned" in the vein of Chinyuki when the likes of Hunter x Hunter exists. And may I remind you that 80's manga like JoJo and Fist of the North Star were just as dark, if not, more violent than most WSJ manga.
Damn, you're right. How can I forget about who grisly the Chimera Ant Arc for Hunter x Hunter was after all these years. I've definitely remember the first 4 parts of JoJo (Yeah, I've got a lot of catching up to do) and Hokuto no Ken being grindfests of gore. Well, at least co0mpared to things like Naruto and One Piece today, but Bleach definitely pushed the envelope with its last few arcs. Promised Neverland could be a hit if well written, but we are in a new era where everyone wants to be famous. Warthcing which one of these new series fall within a year will be an interesting read (now that I'm an official MangaHelpers member).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also i'm sick of hearing all these NX rumors from random obscure sites looking to get some clicks. Reveal the damn thing already.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
NX "leak" is revealed

Blabs about not competing with PS4, novelty, phones, blah blah blah

Everyone loses their **** over the likely fake leak "WHY NINTENDO UGH NINTENDO IS DOOMED"

Leak falls into obscurity

Rinse and repeat

This is what I call the NX leak cycle.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
uh oh (back to the rips again)
oh no (back to the rips again)
he messed up (back to the rips again)

Also who here uses/watches SaltyBet? (24/7 automated stream having over 7000+ M.U.G.E.N. CPU characters being randomly selected to fight each other, with tiers sorting characters by their average performance, 16-man single elimination brackets, exhibitions [Premium Users can select characters for a match], occasional updates [it's currently going through its sixth update process, tiering characters after they've fought 10 matches], and a fake money betting system on its official website [account required.])

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
NX "leak" is revealed

Blabs about not competing with PS4, novelty, phones, blah blah blah

Everyone loses their **** over the likely fake leak "WHY NINTENDO UGH NINTENDO IS DOOMED"

Leak falls into obscurity

Rinse and repeat

This is what I call the NX leak cycle.
Yeah I was gonna say we've seen all of this before, LOL.

You'd think people would get used to the idea by now instead of acting newly depressed and shocked every time it comes up.

People seem to insist the source all this is anchored on wouldn't lie to them, so I guess there's that, but for some good 'ol fake leak "NINTENDOOMED" you could probably find the reactions everyone was having on the last Nintenzone to that one controller that turned out to just be 3D printed.

Chrono.

uh oh (back to the rips again)
oh no (back to the rips again)
he messed up (back to the rips again)

Also who here uses/watches SaltyBet? (24/7 automated stream having over 7000+ M.U.G.E.N. CPU characters being randomly selected to fight each other, with tiers sorting characters by their average performance, 16-man single elimination brackets, exhibitions [Premium Users can select characters for a match], occasional updates [it's currently going through its sixth update process, tiering characters after they've fought 10 matches], and a fake money betting system on its official website [account required.])
I do but I've been taking a break for a bit.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of which, I've started to give Ghost ***s (Real name: Yuuna of the Yuragi Inn) another chance. It's definitely not as bad as I've remembered when reading it and it never really experienced a real genre shift like Reborn did. It's meant to be not taken serious for which everything is over the top, even the more fanservicey scenes. I wouldn't expect anything serious to happen unless something that relates to Fuyuzora's past (which can be explored in the future after enough yokai hunts). My current gripe with the manga is that the main character (not Yuuna the cute ghost girl) is kind of boring for someone who's a supposed yokai hunter. All he does his punch his way to victory and nothing more (Hence the One-Punch Man jokes he spawned). But I do give him credit for not being as spineless as most MC's in harem manga, though he's reduced to a sniveling mess when Ayame is involved.

Chrono.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...rt-character-select-art-screenshots-and-more/

Seeing this makes me wish Capcom would take another crack at an All Stars fighting game, but after two failed tries I don't think they ever will (Fighting Jam was awful and, well, you see how Fighting All Stars ended up).

Actually, I really doubt Capcom are doing anything with fighting games other than update SFV for a while.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm sure Jojo fans will love this:

Haven't watched the anime, but that's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom