• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it me or is One Piece is getting blacker by the second?

The living objects possessed by the souls Big Mom takes are called Homies and they go as far as dogpiling you in the Seducing Woods (though in Chopper's case).

There is no way in hell this isn't a coincidence.
Expect no less from a Yonkou with
39 daughters, 45 sons, and 43 husbands, with the latter scattered all around the world.

Oh, and there's a reason why the Thotland joke is so popular.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Expect no less from a Yonkou with
39 daughters, 45 sons, and 43 husbands, with the latter scattered all around the world.

Oh, and there's a reason why the Thotland joke is so popular.
Thus why the "Big" part of her name makes sense.

Don't you just love One Piece logic?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You mean like the other dozens of Smash clones that are nowhere even close in quality to the original?

Yeah, that'll stop ridiculous character requests. :rolleyes:
Jump Super Stars came out as a Smash clone on the DS. People will never stop asking. Besides, would you rather have your favourite character appear in Super Smash Bros, or a knockoff? Would YOU rather have Andy in the next Smash, or in a Smash fangame that exclusively features character with 4 letters in their name?
I was thinking among the lines of having a huge mass-collaboration where Nintendo gets all these different companies like Disney, Shonen Jump,, DC/Marvel Comics, Pixar, and others to get on board for a huge Smash Bros-like game. Think of it like a Smash Bros game for everything fictional non-video game related.

- Cartoon Characters
- Comic Book Characters
- Movie Characters
- Anime/Manga Characters
- Pop-Culture Icons

This concept has poop chance of ever happening but if it did then it would qualm a lot of stupid requests for these characters to be in Smash Bros.

And to answer your question Annuga I would rather have Andy in an official Smash Bros game yes but the difference here is that Andy is a video game character and a Nintendo character from a long-running Nintendo series as opposed to Goku/Shrek who never originated from a video game.
No Smash-like fighter has the brand power of the original.

For example, just because Disney makes its own Smash fighter (that would be pretty awesome, btw), won't make people stop asking for Mickey Mouse in Smash. Instead I'm pretty sure they'll shift their demand that the franchises do a crossover now, and there will more takers for the idea now, as it's easier to visualise.
Well if there was a crossover between Smash and Disney then I wouldn't mind. My problem here is non-video game characters getting in to an official Smash Bros game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And to answer your question Annuga I would rather have Andy in an official Smash Bros game yes but the difference here is that Andy is a video game character and a Nintendo character from a long-running Nintendo series as opposed to Goku/Shrek who never originated from a video game.
The fact Andy is a Nintendo character and Goku isn't a video game character is irrelevant. Both you and the Goku fan want your favourite character in an official Smash game. I think Smash should only have video game characters to, but my point was that people want the real deal

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The fact Andy is a Nintendo character and Goku isn't a video game character is irrelevant. Both you and the Goku fan want your favourite character in an official Smash game. I think Smash should only have video game characters to, but my point was that people want the real deal
But then said person would have to understand Sakurai's stance on fourth party characters and that he doesn't want them in Smash Bros. Said person would have to be grateful for a 4th party Smash Bros game existing with Goku in it otherwise the chances of Goku being in Smash Bros is zero.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But then said person would have to understand Sakurai's stance on fourth party characters and that he doesn't want them in Smash Bros. Said person would have to be grateful for a 4th party Smash Bros game existing with Goku in it otherwise the chances of Goku being in Smash Bros is zero.
This REEKS of entitlement. Not only or you forgetting the fact that it's simply someone's wish, regardless if they realistically see it happening or not, but saying 'settle for something lesser' can literally apply to anyone and is just meanspirited. Stop asking for Andy to be in Smash, hope for some fangame to put him in. Stop hoping Isaac gets in Smash, settle for Super Smash Flash 2. etc. Not to mention the power of mods exist. You're also under the assumption the person wanting Goku realistically sees him happening. For all we know those people are fully aware Goku will never happen, but still want to see their favourite character because they think it'll be cool

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Understanding Sakurai's stance on a character has nothing to do with people who genuinely still want the character...

Requesting a character does not guarantee their inclusion...we all want at least one or two 'never in a million years' picks, no reason for anyone else not to want a character despite their odds...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Smash Bros. has never been about celebrating gaming... It's about Nintendo and the companies affiliated with them. Even characters like Snake and Cloud are behind companies that had groundbreaking titles on Nintendo systems.

:4sonic: - Nintendo and Sega have a close relationship. Started from rivalry, it's evolved into a much more beneficial stance.

:4megaman: :4ryu: - Capcom and Nintendo, since the arcade days, know how to collaborate.

And so on.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Smash Bros. has never been about celebrating gaming... It's about Nintendo and the companies affiliated with them. Even characters like Snake and Cloud are behind companies that had groundbreaking titles on Nintendo systems.

:4sonic: - Nintendo and Sega have a close relationship. Started from rivalry, it's evolved into a much more beneficial stance.

:4megaman: :4ryu: - Capcom and Nintendo, since the arcade days, know how to collaborate.

And so on.
That reminds me of somebody saying certain characters shouldn't be included for not being Nintendo allstars failing to see how we've got loads of characters who don't apply to that

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There should be a Smash Bros type of game for 4th party characters so people will finally stop making ridiculous requests to have these kinds of characters in Smash Bros.
So what you're saying is that Disney should make their own Smash clone.

I'll be down for that if that means I can get Gaston and Baymax playable

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Two Smash-related questions:
  1. How would you feel if a character that has never made a single appearance on a Nintendo system (not even minor cameo and spin-off appearances like Cloud) joined Smash?
  2. How would you feel if a non-video game character (Goku, Shrek, Mickey, etc.) joined Smash?
Me personally, for #1, I've come to accept that Smash is no longer just a celebration of Nintendo, but gaming in general (featuring primarily Nintendo characters), so I'm pretty much open to the concept, plus there are some characters who aren't on Nintendo systems that I'm genuinely interested in seeing in Smash. As for #2, I could list several characters that didn't originate from video games that I at least would be okay with in Smash, but you'd probably notice that most, if not all of them have had at least some history of appearing in video games. I'm not sure if I'd be able to tolerate characters that haven't appeared in a single video game.
1. I don't like the idea, and I find it unnecessary. They're are a ton of big name 3rd party characters who've made apperences on Nintendo systems who have yet to be added into Smash. We don't need to start adding Microsoft, Sony, or Valve characters anytime soon.

2. I rather they just stick with video game characters, but if I had to add one I think it should be Goku, because of how successful his video game franchise is.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Is it meanspirted? I don't see it that way. If said person knows that a 4th party character can't happen in Smash Bros then it's just that. Wouldn't want to be a downer or anything but still.

Maybe to the delight of said individual Sakurai will work his Mashpotato Magic and bring Goku or whatever 4th party character in the game one day. Until then it's not happening. Hope you guys understand what i'm saying.
So what you're saying is that Disney should make their own Smash clone.

I'll be down for that if that means I can get Gaston and Baymax playable
More like a pop-culture sort of Smash Bros.

So people will finally get their chance to play as Cory in the House of course.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well Disney came close, they did consider a fighter at one point in time. Around the Wii era I believe. However it was ultimately rejected and never saw production.

I have Lost In Thoughts All Alone stuck in my head.

But I only know the words to the firsr part so "You are the ocean's gray waves, destined to see life beyond the shore, just out of reach," has been playing in my head on repeat for the past two hours. :skull:

*proceeds to listen to the song again while on my break*
:061:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have Lost In Thoughts All Alone stuck in my head.

But I only know the words to the firsr part so "You are the ocean's gray waves, destined to see life beyond the shore, just out of reach," has been playing in my head on repeat for the past two hours. :skull:

*proceeds to listen to the song again while on my break*
:061:
I know that feel man. I really do love that song and I would love to have the track on my Wii U if I didn't have to buy the character associated with the track.

The song that i'm most addicted to though is Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku that was used in DBGT.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is it meanspirted? I don't see it that way. If said person knows that a 4th party character can't happen in Smash Bros then it's just that. Wouldn't want to be a downer or anything but still.

Maybe to the delight of said individual Sakurai will work his Mashpotato Magic and bring Goku or whatever 4th party character in the game one day. Until then it's not happening. Hope you guys understand what i'm saying.

More like a pop-culture sort of Smash Bros.

So people will finally get their chance to play as Cory in the House of course.
It may not have been your intention, but it came across as 'Stop thinking nice things'. Not to mention a similar criticism was given by Mega Man detractors. "He's already in MvC, stop asking for him in Smash!"
Well Disney came close, they did consider a fighter at one point in time. Around the Wii era I believe. However it was ultimately rejected and never saw production.
****. I actually want to see a Didney Worl fighter just to see Stitch

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It may not have been your intention, but it came across as 'Stop thinking nice things'. Not to mention a similar criticism was given by Mega Man detractors. "He's already in MvC, stop asking for him in Smash!"
Well... Mega Man was in MvC...
Not even in the Ultimate Edition. Shame.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

****. I actually want to see a Didney Worl fighter just to see Stitch
As both a Midna supporter, and someone who would love a 'Zelda' game, I've heard things like 'You've got Hyrule Warriors!'

Totally not the same thing...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well...in other news I forgot to mention that the 15th anniversary of Golden Sun releasing in Japan happened this past Monday. Shame Nintendo never made a big deal about it. Maybe they'll say something for the NA anniversary this coming November.

D

Deleted member

"He's already in MvC, stop asking for him in Smash!"
That has to be one of, if not the, worst reasons to not ask for a character I've seen. Imagine if detractors said that for every other Smash third party that has appeared in other fighting games.

"Snake's already in Dream Mix TV World Fighters, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Sonic's had at least two fighting games of his own, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Pac-Man's already in SFxT, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Ryu is a fighting game character, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Cloud's already in Dissidia, stop asking for him in Smash!"

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That has to be one of, if not the, worst reasons to not ask for a character I've seen. Imagine if detractors said that for every other Smash third party that has appeared in other fighting games.

"Snake's already in Dream Mix TV World Fighters, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Sonic's had at least two fighting games of his own, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Pac-Man's already in SFxT, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Ryu is a fighting game character, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Cloud's already in Dissidia, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Persona already has their own fighting game, stop asking for Atlus characters in Smash!"
"Hayabusa is already in the Dead or Alive franchise, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Terry is already in King of the Fighters, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Bomberman's already in Dream Mix TV World Fighters, stop asking for him in Smash!"

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
"Homura's already in Nitro Blasterz: Infinite Heroine Duel, stop asking for Senran Kagura characters in Smash!"

Oh wait, they're unlikely to begin with. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Persona already has their own fighting game, stop asking for Atlus characters in Smash!"
"Hayabusa is already in the Dead or Alive franchise, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Terry is already in King of the Fighters, stop asking for him in Smash!"
"Bomberman's already in Dream Mix TV World Fighters, stop asking for him in Smash!"
You forgot "Castlevania Judgment exists, stop asking for Simon Belmont!"

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Empty Roster.png

so Opossum Opossum has this for a roster?Wanted to go the size of melee so there's 25 characters. Top row classic disney,2nd row pixar/modern disney movies,3rd row other properties. The 14 at the bottom are assist trophies.Wanted to add baymax,but he didnt have a icon :(

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
  1. How would you feel if a character that has never made a single appearance on a Nintendo system (not even minor cameo and spin-off appearances like Cloud) joined Smash?
  2. How would you feel if a non-video game character (Goku, Shrek, Mickey, etc.) joined Smash?
Me personally, for #1, I've come to accept that Smash is no longer just a celebration of Nintendo, but gaming in general (featuring primarily Nintendo characters), so I'm pretty much open to the concept, plus there are some characters who aren't on Nintendo systems that I'm genuinely interested in seeing in Smash. As for #2, I could list several characters that didn't originate from video games that I at least would be okay with in Smash, but you'd probably notice that most, if not all of them have had at least some history of appearing in video games. I'm not sure if I'd be able to tolerate characters that haven't appeared in a single video game.
RE: Question 1
Like you said, smash bros has evolved to the point where its no longer a celebration of Nintendo games, but a celebration of video games in general.
Cloud is the example of this. Many say that the fact that the 'big three's' inclusion in smash ( :4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:) opened the floodgates for more 3rd party characters outside nintendo, but I personally think :4cloud: is the biggest example as he is basically borderline 'not nintendo' (for a lack of a better term).

So how would I feel about it? It depends I suppose. I'd rather have a Persona 4/5 character in Smash before someone like Master Chief i.e Yu Narukami.

RE: Question 2
I wouldn't care too much to be honest.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon GO released here yesterday and it's crazy how big its impact is
Almost everyone in my class was playing it(I'd say 50 out of 63 students), people that would normally call Pokemon a "kid's game" even
During break, almost no one was sitted and everyone was walking around catching Pokemon
My city is full of Pokestops... except on my neighborhood

Also, on another note, I doubt anyone remembers this as it was about a month ago, but it seems me and that girl I mentioned before are officially dating now

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Also, on another note, I doubt anyone remembers this as it was about a month ago, but it seems me and that girl I mentioned before are officially dating now
Congrats on your newest catch Zoroarking.

Make sure she has a good time on whatever plans you two may have.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sigh, the damn furball is so obsessed that you can't even walk away from him after playing.

I can understand that he's just a kitten, but come on.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 114043
so Opossum Opossum has this for a roster?Wanted to go the size of melee so there's 25 characters. Top row classic disney,2nd row pixar/modern disney movies,3rd row other properties. The 14 at the bottom are assist trophies.Wanted to add baymax,but he didnt have a icon :(
Spiderman?
Venom?
Wolverine?
Snow White? (fyi Snow White was the first ever full colour cartoon motion picture)
Elliot?
Jack Sparruh?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Spiderman?
Venom?
Wolverine?
Snow White? (fyi Snow White was the first ever full colour cartoon motion picture)
Elliot?
Jack Sparruh?
I forgot all about Jack Sparrow lol,And i was looking for one more person to fill out that bottom row.As for Wolverine,he didnt even get a disney infinty figure because the x-men is all stuck with FOX i doubt if this was to happen nowadays he wouldnt be in there.And as for spidey *shrug* i think they'd go with the MCU version of the characters so they go with the faces of that universe cap and tony. I did have snow white in there to with the 7 dwarfs with some sort of olimar and pikmin idea but i thought with cinderella being the more famous story they go with her

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember when "Disney Princesses re-imagined as ______" was a big thing?

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 114043
You made Mulan, Hercules, Hulk and Scrooge assists, but made Lightning a full character? I'm not quite grasping your thought process there. You should have just gone all the way, made it the size of Sm4sh's roster. No need to relegate beloved characters to assists...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, I suppose I can compare it to my reaction to Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.

In which case I would probably feel awkward about it but still play the game.

I suppose that makes me a bit of a jerk in the midst of all these people actively welcoming the ideas here, but Smash's scope inflating that far kind of goes out of my comfort zone a bit. And it seems like more people are welcoming of this than adding a second character from the same third party franchise, which. . . :/

I suppose with SaASRT in mind I can extend the question: how would you feel if a non video game character was added that wasn't an icon? How would you feel if a real-life person with no connection to Nintendo was added to Smash?

D

Deleted member

I suppose with SaASRT in mind I can extend the question: how would you feel if a non video game character was added that wasn't an icon?
Depends on who it is, but I can't think of many non-video game characters that aren't icons that I'd be okay with. I will say that I felt that Wreck-It Ralph was a decent fit for SaASRT, but I digress.
How would you feel if a real-life person with no connection to Nintendo was added to Smash?
I'd scratch my head and ask "Why?". I reacted the same way to Danica Patrick's inclusion in SaASRT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom