• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, turns out the human characters in Pokémon GO were designed by Yusuke Kozaki, whom you may know better as the character designer behind Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates and No More Heroes.

Source: his Twitter -> https://twitter.com/kymg

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, turns out the human characters in Pokémon GO were designed by Yusuke Kozaki, whom you may know better as the character designer behind Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates and No More Heroes.

Does this mean we can finally get PokeEmblem, especially after Mirage Sessions?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Not surprised, as soon as I saw Candela's silhouette in the game, I was totally thinking she looked like a modern Hinoka.

I wasn't wrong after seeing the final design. Didn't expect her to be a black Hinoka too, though. :p

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So.
As I'm nearing the end of Termina for HW:L (catching up on those maps after getting through most of Koholint and actually grabbing some Lv4's).

I'm just gonna spill out wants for a theoretical third version of the game built for the NX for, say, Holiday 2018. WARNING: LOT OF TEXT

New Element!
Wind Element, bridge between Weak to Fire and Strong against Electric. Neutral to Water, Light, Darkness.
How about Ice, Earth, Shadow and Spirit as new elements as well?

New Characters
Saria - Slingshot [ Wind ]
[ Fairy - Hyper - Scattershot - Faron ]

Malon - Pail [ Water ]
[ Tin - Romani - Ordon - Lon Lon ]

Linebeck - Telescope [ Water ]
[ Child's - Pirate's - Captain's - Ocean King's ]

Maple/Irine - Broom [ I dunno what element to give it ]
[ Training - Apprentice - Witch - Sage's ]

Token Breath Of The Wild Character

Token Team Ninja OC [ Cia, Volga, Wizzro, Lana, Linkle ]
The fact you have Saria not using her ocarina disgust me :p

Still, why only Saria, for new character from OoT, we just need Raura and Nabooru, for all story relevant characters, and all sages.

And if your wondering about weapons for them, easy, Kaepora Gaebora form for Raura for his weapon, he can switch between that at his Sage form, and Nabooru could easily have twin scimitars for Nabooru, or come up with something for the Mirror Shield

Also glad I'm not the only one who wants to see Maple playable, you know in the Oracle games, she can sometimes have a UFO or Vaccum cleaner?

Obviously, I expect some expansion to the story.... with a number of new maps for the included games/worlds through DLC help bridging some [Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, Spirit Tracks, Link Between Worlds]. It... gives way for various characters to have a better place IN the story itself. Something 2/3 of the DLC characters from the original didn't get in Legends.

DLC Packs
1: Wild Hyrule. Breath of the Wild seems like an easy fit...

New Weapon - Sheik's Slate [ Darkness ]
[ Ancient - Sheikah - Lanayru - Goddess ]

2: The Sky - Skyward Sword.
Being the one 3D game (currently released) without an adventure map, it seems like an easy choice. Arrows to take off Octorocks, Loftwing tiles, etc.

Character - Groose.
Weapon - Loftwing, Wind Element.
[ Loftwing - Redwing - Blackwing - Goldwing ]

New Weapon - Agatha's Bug Net [ Electric ]
[ Old - Big - Super - Princess ]

3: Old Hyrule - Minish Cap. Pegasus Boots, Gust Jar, Elzo, Ocarina [functions like Oocoo/Owl Statues] and Mole Mitts as extra cards.

Character - Vaati [ Wind ]
Weapon - Circlet
[ Picori - Shadow - Sorcerer - Nightmare ]

New Weapon - Toon Link's Four Sword [ Light ]
[ Picori Blade - White Sword - Four Sword - Triforce Sword ]

4: Land of Oracles [Labryna, Holodrum, & Subrosia] - Oracle Games
A blended mix of the two games' maps. and notable items. Cards from Seeds, Rod of Seasons & Harp of Ages.

Characters - Onox & Vera
Weapons: Chain Axe [hybrid flail and axe weapon from Concept art] & Armlets. Both Darkness Element.
[ Iron - Steel - Silver - Gold] & [ Apprentice, Witch, Sorceress, Dark Goddess]
Why should Shiek get the slate? Give it to Impa the actual Sheikah.

So you also think along the lines that Groose's loftwing should be his weapon, although that's probably something everyone thinks he should/would use

ah, the Four Swords, the one weapon we all know that Toon Link should have.

Also I have to say, why is Groose DLC? He's literally the last story important character in SS just put him in the base game.

Actually in the base game, they should have all the currently missing story relevant characters from the 3D games, 3D games only, cause hey we gotta have some DLC characters people will want.

Also just to note the Story relevant characters I'm talking about are Saria, Nabooru, Raura and Twinrova (Yes I'm adding them, since they are story relevant) for OoT, Groose for SS and Makar and Arylll for TWW. The other 3D Zelda games already have all the story important characters in them.

Just so you know, I would add Illia for story important characters, but Link stole the one think that would make sense as her weapon, that being Epona, who would've been even better for Malon, who was who I wanted to use Epona as her weapon, so she could be playable.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
>THE DUDE BEHIND "3RD GEN" FIRE EMBLEM IS ALSO THE NO MORE HEROES DESIGNER
WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN
Artists accept any job that pays. :p

He's also a manga artist and has provided designs for some anime as well.

The Ouendan games (known in the West as Elite Beat Agents) also have characters designed by him, but only in the Japanese version. (This means Fire Emblem wasn't the first time he worked with Nintendo.)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Some birthday this turned out to be.

Everything will have to be postponned just because we are giving the paranoid runt a chance to readjust to his new environment. I can understand the whole point of this was to give my brother some antidepressant treatment, but this plan is not one of the best ones.

Burruni

Smash Hero
How about Ice, Earth, Shadow and Spirit as new elements as well?

The fact you have Saria not using her ocarina disgust me :p

Still, why only Saria, for new character from OoT, we just need Raura and Nabooru, for all story relevant characters, and all sages.

And if your wondering about weapons for them, easy, Kaepora Gaebora form for Raura for his weapon, he can switch between that at his Sage form, and Nabooru could easily have twin scimitars for Nabooru, or come up with something for the Mirror Shield

Also glad I'm not the only one who wants to see Maple playable, you know in the Oracle games, she can sometimes have a UFO or Vaccum cleaner?

Why should Shiek get the slate? Give it to Impa the actual Sheikah.

So you also think along the lines that Groose's loftwing should be his weapon, although that's probably something everyone thinks he should/would use

ah, the Four Swords, the one weapon we all know that Toon Link should have.

Also I have to say, why is Groose DLC? He's literally the last story important character in SS just put him in the base game.

Actually in the base game, they should have all the currently missing story relevant characters from the 3D games, 3D games only, cause hey we gotta have some DLC characters people will want.

Also just to note the Story relevant characters I'm talking about are Saria, Nabooru, Raura and Twinrova (Yes I'm adding them, since they are story relevant) for OoT, Groose for SS and Makar and Arylll for TWW. The other 3D Zelda games already have all the story important characters in them.

Just so you know, I would add Illia for story important characters, but Link stole the one think that would make sense as her weapon, that being Epona, who would've been even better for Malon, who was who I wanted to use Epona as her weapon, so she could be playable.
A) I wanted to try to keep element additions... fairly simple.
B) THE OCARINA IS A SUB ITEM AND SKULL KID'S ITEM ALREADY. (Besides, who says she can't play it in her victory cutscene, or her special being playing her song which summons a pair of Wolfos which cross-slash the enemy).
C) Malon is /also/ an OoT character. Nabooru... really doesn't interest me when I feel that kind of fighting style is already split pretty easily between Giant Swords Dorf and Zant's Scimitars. Rauru just does not interest me. (Edit: And frankly OoT already gets a LOT of stuff. I wanted to try to get some personal favorites and expand out... as much as I wish to have HD Wizpig Ganon).
D) Hey Hey, she's gotta keep SOMETHING interesting for her special and magic mode... they actually seemed perfect for it.
E) Sheik has the slate for two reasons. One being that she's one of few "Major" characters who only has one weapon still, when it would be Impa's third. And the other is that it's more fitting for Sheik to use it, given she at least has any connection to Sheikah instead of LINK WHO USES IT CANONICALLY.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, I read the post on the Splatoon Tumblr talking about the results of the Slatfest and found the last statement quite interesting.

As for us at the Squid Research Lab, we’ll continue our investigation and research, updating you with our findings about all the latest news around Inkopolis. Stay tuned and stay fresh!
This statement kinda' feels like more news is coming. I don't really like jumping to conclusions, but the tone of it just point it toward that direction. I dunno. I guess we'll have to see when the time comes.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
New Element!
Wind Element, bridge between Weak to Fire and Strong against Electric. Neutral to Water, Light, Darkness.
Nitpick from two pages ago but, unless it was rehauled for legends, elements don't quite work like that. Each character is weak to a specific element independent of their "default" element or held weapon. Lana "is" Electric and weak to it for example, or Agatha's light and weak to fire IIRC. Also I don't think resisting elements is a thing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, I read the post on the Splatoon Tumblr talking about the results of the Slatfest and found the last statement quite interesting.

This statement kinda' feels like more news is coming. I don't really like jumping to conclusions, but the tone of it just point it toward that direction. I dunno. I guess we'll have to see when the time comes.
They update people regarding merchandise and stuff too. And I'm sure there's plenty more of that to come.

Though I mean, I highly doubt the Splatoon franchise isn't going to continue either way. If there isn't more content for the existing game, they'll definitely be updating us on a sequel eventually.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Some birthday this turned out to be.

Everything will have to be postponned just because we are giving the paranoid runt a chance to readjust to his new environment. I can understand the whole point of this was to give my brother some antidepressant treatment, but this plan is not one of the best ones.
Really? Then that sucks. I was looking forward to eating some seafood with you. >.>

Hopefully there's something I can do to make up for this, assuming you aren't suck at home watching that triggered *****.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Taxman took to NeoGAF and confirmed a few things about Sonic Mania:

-Green Hill Zone Act 1 is the "tamest of the remade stages".
-The game will have CRT filters.
-There will be remade stages from Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1251267&page=34

Also:

Two people from SEGA once again emphasising that Project Sonic 2017 is NOT Generations 2.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Omg I just had to talk with a customer that was the most stereotypical Trump supporter ever and he was pissed. It was over the phone.

Cussing me out, talking about the "******** Mormons" in his area and how our customer service is why America is so bad right now. And, of course, something about how it's all Obama's fault. He even told the apparently Mormon cashier to shut up calling her a stupid Mormon.

Wow, no wonder people hate Trump supporters

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
A friend of mine brought this up, but I would love to see Christan Whitehead make a 2D Rayman game.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Really? Then that sucks. I was looking forward to eating some seafood with you. >.>

Hopefully there's something I can do to make up for this, assuming you aren't suck at home watching that triggered *****.
Haha, I saw what you did there.

Thanks for coming up with a back up plan for the day. I would have been nice to eat out with my family, but eating out with you this night would be good enough. Better than sticking around for some fleabag that's ruining my important day.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
A) I wanted to try to keep element additions... fairly simple.
Fair enough, still was just thinking, just add spirit, shadow and earth, then we have all sages represented, well except forest, but I feel that would mix with earth

B) THE OCARINA IS A SUB ITEM AND SKULL KID'S ITEM ALREADY. (Besides, who says she can't play it in her victory cutscene, or her special being playing her song which summons a pair of Wolfos which cross-slash the enemy).
Well if Sheik and Medli can share a weapon, then so can Skull Kid and Saria, and besides, Skull Kid uses Tatl and Teal to attack, Saria could easily use, the magical music from OoT as her attacks.

C) Malon is /also/ an OoT character. Nabooru... really doesn't interest me when I feel that kind of fighting style is already split pretty easily between Giant Swords Dorf and Zant's Scimitars. Rauru just does not interest me. (Edit: And frankly OoT already gets a LOT of stuff. I wanted to try to get some personal favorites and expand out... as much as I wish to have HD Wizpig Ganon).
Well, Nabooru could also use a giant axe, since she was an Iron Knuckle and all at one point...

Plus the Mirror Shield could actually make a really cool weapon, and Nabooru makes it so another weapon doesn't just go to Link.

What do you mean by /also/ a OoT character?

Also for personal characters, I'd actually like to see Cermia and Romani playable, and this is how I want them to play. Basically have the Cart that Cremia drives as the base weapon, and have Romani firing off arrows to help fight.

D) Hey Hey, she's gotta keep SOMETHING interesting for her special and magic mode... they actually seemed perfect for it.
Umm, who're you referring to here? Maple?

E) Sheik has the slate for two reasons. One being that she's one of few "Major" characters who only has one weapon still, when it would be Impa's third. And the other is that it's more fitting for Sheik to use it, given she at least has any connection to Sheikah instead of LINK WHO USES IT CANONICALLY.
I just want Impa to actually use something that's would relate to her raise in someway, not just be stuck with weapons that really go against how people think how her race would fight...

Actually you think the Lens of Truth could work as a weapon for her?

EDIT: Actually, something that's been bothering me a while for the Gerudos, you know how all we're saying the swords are scimitars, well I can't find one that actually matches that design, so I'm basically asking we know for sure their swords are a type of scimitar?

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I wish Splatoon had had more Splatfests related to other Nintendo series. Like the Red/Blue one. That one was fantastic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly am thinking that Classic Sonic isn't going to play like he did in Generations in Project 2017. He looks like he has the boost.

Plus that road looks like something you'd see in a 3D section of the boost games. Modern Sonic also rolls at one point.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I'm still disappointed we didn't get a tie-in for Civil War.
Yeah that would definitely be a divisive (if not potentially legally arduous) one, but I'm thinking more along the lines of like... Nohr vs. Hoshido. That would've made so much sense and acted as some free publicity.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yeah that would definitely be a divisive (if not potentially legally arduous) one, but I'm thinking more along the lines of like... Nohr vs. Hoshido. That would've made so much sense and acted as some free publicity.
We already got the ultimate publicity for Fates.

Corrin in SSB4. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly am thinking that Classic Sonic isn't going to play like he did in Generations in Project 2017. He looks like he has the boost.

Plus that road looks like something you'd see in a 3D section of the boost games. Modern Sonic also rolls at one point.
I'm expecting something similar to Generations myself. Maybe with improved physics and a boost. It would be neat if his boost was nowhere near as powerful as Modern Sonic's, like in the end of Generations.
Not only that, but Mario vs. Luigi seems like an obvious choice I'm surprised they didn't do.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
We already got the ultimate publicity for Fates.

Corrin in SSB4. :p
Ehhh, didn't stop the Gen 1 starters from also getting into SMM as well as the R/B Splatfest around the VC release. Like that game needed any cross-game promotion, lol.

Not only that, but Mario vs. Luigi seems like an obvious choice I'm surprised they didn't do.
Yeah. Maybe they could've even done Mario vs. Sonic given that they're once again headed off to the Olympics together. Though obv that would require Sega on board, though they seem more than willing to lend Sonic to Nintendo these days. Well, there's always the next one (or even just a port), which I'm sure will continue the tradition.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm expecting something similar to Generations myself. Maybe with improved physics and a boost. It would be neat if his boost was nowhere near as powerful as Modern Sonic's, like in the end of Generations.
I think a good way to accomplish that is to use the boost mechanics from Advance 2&3. In those games Boost Mode isn't activated with a button press; characters will enter into this state simply by running really, really fast and keeping your momentum going, while slowing down or being stopped by an obstacle cancels the effect which means he wouldn't be able to dispatch enemies simple by running into them. Also, some of the character's moves change into high-speed forms of their normal moves which can be used without breaking stride, Sonic for example uses a different version of his skid move and keeps running.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
WE IN THE 1 MILLION VIEWS CLUB BOIS!

It jumped from around 994,000 to this within an hour too!

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So a couple days ago I bought a laptop and will be mailed to my house.

However, I might return it when I get it as there's a laptop that has the same specs but with a bigger screen and 2 more GB of RAM (8 total) for only $50 more.

Stop me if I shouldn't.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Fair enough, still was just thinking, just add spirit, shadow and earth, then we have all sages represented, well except forest, but I feel that would mix with earth

Well if Sheik and Medli can share a weapon, then so can Skull Kid and Saria, and besides, Skull Kid uses Tatl and Teal to attack, Saria could easily use, the magical music from OoT as her attacks.

Well, Nabooru could also use a giant axe, since she was an Iron Knuckle and all at one point...

Plus the Mirror Shield could actually make a really cool weapon, and Nabooru makes it so another weapon doesn't just go to Link.

What do you mean by /also/ a OoT character?

Also for personal characters, I'd actually like to see Cermia and Romani playable, and this is how I want them to play. Basically have the Cart that Cremia drives as the base weapon, and have Romani firing off arrows to help fight.

Umm, who're you referring to here? Maple?

I just want Impa to actually use something that's would relate to her raise in someway, not just be stuck with weapons that really go against how people think how her race would fight...

Actually you think the Lens of Truth could work as a weapon for her?

EDIT: Actually, something that's been bothering me a while for the Gerudos, you know how all we're saying the swords are scimitars, well I can't find one that actually matches that design, so I'm basically asking we know for sure their swords are a type of scimitar?
"Also an OoT" character" was in referance to you saying that Saria was "the only" added Ocarina of Time character, when Malon certainly touches on the niche as well.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I think a good way to accomplish that is to use the boost mechanics from Advance 2&3. In those games Boost Mode isn't activated with a button press; characters will enter into this state simply by running really, really fast and keeping your momentum going, while slowing down or being stopped by an obstacle cancels the effect which means he wouldn't be able to dispatch enemies simple by running into them. Also, some of the character's moves change into high-speed forms of their normal moves which can be used without breaking stride, Sonic for example uses a different version of his skid move and keeps running.
I completely forgot about that. That could work.
I never played Advance 1 and 2, but I have played 3, which is considered the worst of trilogy. I wish they would release the Wii U Virtual Console version of Advance 1 in this U.S.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya know im glad owain got work after fe fates team instinct is still the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom