• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The only thing we know about it has grey fur and the fact that it was born three weeks ago (like Nico). You'll have to find out when you get here or once we finally take him out the box. You can have all the cake you want, but not too much. This isn't a whipped cream iced cake like it usually is (so beware of the high sugar).

It's kind of random, but I found the moment where Spongebob (Yes, my sister seriously named her cat after that character) tried catching the new cat's scent cute. Before he eventually got back to throwing his feline tantrums. :rolleyes:
Pardon me for asking, but why Spongebob of all the possible names?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pardon me for asking, but why Spongebob of all the possible names?
Because she's a big fan of the show (even the post movie seasons :urg:).

Any other name would have been nice since the only sponge-like thing about him is the gray spots on his white fur.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Because she's a big fan of the show (even the post movie seasons :urg:).

Any other name would have been nice since the only sponge-like thing about him is the gray spots on his white fur.
No offense, she just have seriously low standards to actually enjoy the Dork Age of Spongebob.

Still a cute name, but a pretty unfitting one like I've said when I first seen him.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Alright, I'm probably not going to dig anything up I don't know asking for this and I acknowledge that there's not much point in asking it during off-season, but here goes:

I never really got very deep into character support for 4, and in case there's another Smash I'd like to cultivate a pool of characters I could get hyped for. However, a lot of the appeal points for characters that other people cite don't do much for me.

I don't care if the character is a villain, or what gender they are. I'm not really impressed by the idea of someone having an "unrepresented" weapon(s) or whatever. I don't really want a one trick pony that just uses only one thing for the whole moveset. But I don't really want nothing but random whatever for a moveset either. In most cases I won't have any loyalty to whatever series the character is from. I want someone who's going to be flashy, who's going to look fun to play as with every move. I want someone who's not too horribly obscure so they can actually have a fair chance of making it into the game. At the same time, though, how "iconic" someone is comes second to how they look to me.

And K. Rool just doesn't click with my tastes at all.

I have Inkling and Isaac in mind right now. Is there anything else out there that sounds like they would fit with what I'm looking for?
I recommend visiting the character discussion boards where the RTC (rate thier chances) is.

I'm guessing characters like Bandana Dee are a no going by your statement since he would pretty much all the time use the spear, probably. Or very randomy ones like Chorus Kids or potentially Lip, if I understand right XD.
I'm gonna list you the following:
  • Ghirahim
  • Midna
  • Ashley
  • Takamaru
  • Rayman
  • Lara Croft
  • Anna
  • Medusa
  • Viridi
  • Dixie Kong
  • Wonder Red
  • Ridley
  • Krystal
  • Waluigi
I think I was involved a bit too much, I want to back down quite a bit next time.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No offense, she just have seriously low standards to actually enjoy the Dork Age of Spongebob.

Still a cute name, but a pretty unfitting one like I've said when I first seen him.
Gee, you're kind of a *****. :047:

Though I guess being too nice to her would have been OoC for you. Not like my sister is a completely nice person (She's actually a selfish brat at her worst).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Gee, you're kind of a *****. :047:

Though I guess being too nice to her would have been OoC for you. Not like my sister is a completely nice person (She's actually a selfish brat at her worst).
Why thank you, because it's true to my personality. What type of girl isn't bratty, selfish, materialistic, or manipulative at their worse? Only few from what I know of based on personal experiences. :p

Your Parasect post reminds me, I've got to see if there are more Parases in my area to get a quick Parasect before I come on over. The cuteness must be seen with my own eyes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I recommend visiting the character discussion boards where the RTC (rate thier chances) is.

I'm guessing characters like Bandana Dee are a no going by your statement since he would pretty much all the time use the spear, probably. Or very randomy ones like Chorus Kids or potentially Lip, if I understand right XD.
I'm gonna list you the following:
  • Ghirahim
  • Midna
  • Ashley
  • Takamaru
  • Rayman
  • Lara Croft
  • Anna
  • Medusa
  • Viridi
  • Dixie Kong
  • Wonder Red
  • Ridley
  • Krystal
  • Waluigi
I think I was involved a bit too much, I want to back down quite a bit next time.
I think maybe I'll drop in there again sometime, but every time I have something I'm wondering I'm not sure where to put it in there.

Dee I have a bit of an interest in because I like Kirby well enough, but overall I do feel like I'd like something with more flair.

I should probably do more research on all these various characters but I usually end up just seeing the rosters and the fan-made movesets usually don't have the kind of demonstration power seeing a character in action does.

. . .That and I forgot what a couple of the characters I do remember playing the games of did.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My only real reservation with newcomers is that we don't get multiple forms/versions of the same character as different characters.

ZSS and Sheik are fine because they used to be part of a transformation gimmick that got scrapped.

But I don't really want Paper Mario or Wolf Link or anything like that all of a sudden.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think maybe I'll drop in there again sometime, but every time I have something I'm wondering I'm not sure where to put it in there.

Dee I have a bit of an interest in because I like Kirby well enough, but overall I do feel like I'd like something with more flair.

I should probably do more research on all these various characters but I usually end up just seeing the rosters and the fan-made movesets usually don't have the kind of demonstration power seeing a character in action does.

. . .That and I forgot what a couple of the characters I do remember playing the games of did.
Try to use your imagination creatively on your own to imagine how they would play in Smash, if that's not enough then look at potential movesets and try to imagine someone else's vision as closely as possible. Don't be afraid to use appropriate creative licence for characters who lack any obvious moves like Viridi (since we never saw her fight) or even any character. We all know Smash likes to make up stuff in ways that work and don't stretch it too far.

That's what I did with lots of characters, especially the ones I heavily supported like Bayonetta, and yes, nothing beats actual footage of new characters shown for the first time.

If you forget stuff do some quick research. Most important thing is to get involved, IMHO. Good luck on finding characters that interest you enough!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
My only real reservation with newcomers is that we don't get multiple forms/versions of the same character as different characters.

ZSS and Sheik are fine because they used to be part of a transformation gimmick that got scrapped.

But I don't really want Paper Mario or Wolf Link or anything like that all of a sudden.
but if we got the werehog youd be all over it :troll:

anyways i voted for bayo....granted as many of you know i want every character to come back because it annoyys me that the only series thats getting this right as of now is blazblue

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Mine is that plus only one character per 3rd party franchise, as much as I'd like certain ones.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Your avatar helps make this personality more obvious. :p
This. :troll:

Why thank you, because it's true to my personality. What type of girl isn't bratty, selfish, materialistic, or manipulative at their worse? Only few from what I know of based on personal experiences. :p

Your Parasect post reminds me, I've got to see if there are more Parases in my area to get a quick Parasect before I come on over. The cuteness must be seen with my own eyes.
That's my little Aussie she-devil for you (eeerrrrr me?).

See you once we get some seafood and raise the roof in this *****. Yes, I'm going to party like there's no tomorrow at my place.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
but if we got the werehog youd be all over it :troll:

anyways i voted for bayo....granted as many of you know i want every character to come back because it annoyys me that the only series thats getting this right as of now is blazblue
I'd probably enjoy it but at the same time I'd be thinking "this probably wasn't a good idea".

Sort of like what I'm thinking of Classic Sonic in Project Sonic 2017

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mine is that plus only one character per 3rd party franchise, as much as I'd like certain ones.
I don't have a problem with alt forms, as long as they have unique differences. I love Dr. Mario as his own character. I'd like Dark Pit more if he had more differences. Lucina feels more different in the end(they're still all great characters, mind you, imo).

I do agree with the "1 character per 3rd party franchise" thing though. I like guest franchises to still feel like guests. Now if Sonic was owned by Nintendo, I'd change my tune. But that's pretty much the only way(and trust me, there's quite a few Sonic characters I'd love in).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My reservations for characters are if we get multiple third parties, multiple versions of the same character (No Link and Epona), bottom of the barrel choices (No Brash the Bear or Big the Cat), and clones.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The way I've handled it in the past is to look at a ton of different roster standards various people have, ignore any reasons for characters to be in that rely more on representation than the characters themselves, and just pile on a whole bunch of guidelines all at once.

The problem is less than a dozen characters come unscathed out of that, most of which I don't even care about that much. And Smash itself doesn't even follow half the guidelines floating around. I need to open my horizons a bit more, the question is just who do I go for.

And yet on the flipside of the coin the only character I've consistently wanted from the beginning is Tails, who completely files in the face of any and all guidelines. So basically I overcompensate.

Last edited:
My reservations for characters are if we get multiple third parties, multiple versions of the same character (No Link and Epona), bottom of the barrel choices (No Brash the Bear or Big the Cat), and clones.
My reservations are pretty much the same, with the addition of obscure third-parties and (obviously) non-video game characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The way I've handled it in the past is to look at a ton of different roster standards various people have, ignore any reasons for characters to be in that rely more on representation than the characters themselves, and just pile on a whole bunch of guidelines all at once.

The problem is less than a dozen characters come unscathed out of that, most of which I don't even care about that much. And Smash itself doesn't even follow half the guidelines floating around. I need to open my horizons a bit more, the question is just who do I go for.

And yet on the flipside of the coin the only character I've consistently wanted from the beginning is Tails, who completely files in the face of any and all guidelines. So basically I overcompensate.
The answer is Henry Fleming. Look to your heart; you know it to be true.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alright, I'm probably not going to dig anything up I don't know asking for this and I acknowledge that there's not much point in asking it during off-season, but here goes:

I never really got very deep into character support for 4, and in case there's another Smash I'd like to cultivate a pool of characters I could get hyped for. However, a lot of the appeal points for characters that other people cite don't do much for me.

I don't care if the character is a villain, or what gender they are. I'm not really impressed by the idea of someone having an "unrepresented" weapon(s) or whatever. I don't really want a one trick pony that just uses only one thing for the whole moveset. But I don't really want nothing but random whatever for a moveset either. In most cases I won't have any loyalty to whatever series the character is from. I want someone who's going to be flashy, who's going to look fun to play as with every move. I want someone who's not too horribly obscure so they can actually have a fair chance of making it into the game. At the same time, though, how "iconic" someone is comes second to how they look to me.

And K. Rool just doesn't click with my tastes at all.

I have Inkling and Isaac in mind right now. Is there anything else out there that sounds like they would fit with what I'm looking for?
Did you see the moveset I made for K. Rool in this thread? It wasn't comprehensive or anything but I laid out the kind of specials he can have like using his Boxing Glove from DK64 and his Cannon from DKC2. Also nice to see that you have Isaac in your pool.

As far as your description is concerned with you not caring about the series I would say that Andy would be a good fit given his potential of using vehicular units to fight, using a wrench, and having healing capabilities. He is a bit obscure to the point where a lot of Smash Bros fans won't recognize him but the same was true for Robin/Shulk and they fit in just fine so that's not much of a problem. Of course there's bias on my part given that i'm a huge AW fan but all in all Andy brings to the table something that's never been done before in Smash Bros. I wrote an article on Source Gaming regarding his potential inclusion.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/06/28/ds-andy/

Other characters that might fit in your pool...

- Bandana Dee (Spear moveset would be a first in Smash)
- Llyod (Not much of a Tales fan but I can't deny the appeal of a dual-sword wielding character)
- Sceptile (With Ivysaur likely not coming back he would fill the Grass-type niche and arguably better with his moveset pool)
- Heihachi (Bias again given that i'm a huge Tekken fan but Heihachi if implemented properly can fight a lot differently from Ryu and other brawlers and implement his moves from Tekken in to Smash)
- Dixie Kong (Would much rather have K. Rool over her but Sakurai can come up with a fun gimmick with her using her hair to fight)
- Waluigi (His moveset can be based off the Mario Sports games as well as having an original moveset which would be a really fun gimmick)
- Banjo (IDK if he's likely but the moves from his games are almost perfectly tailored for Smash Bros and he's an N64 icon so there's that)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The answer is Henry Fleming. Look to your heart; you know it to be true.
I think the main issue there is that I'm just not aesthetically into steampunk. I.E. it's not him, it's me.

. . .The sad part is that the FE Amiibo compatibility got me to try the demo for Codename S.T.E.A.M., but I ended up getting a little burnt out because the battle speed was a little slow. And then they patched the ability to speed it up into the actual game after my interest already wore out. . .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Turns out the kitten mus have seen some ****. He ran into the kitchen and hid behind our clean dishes when we tried giving him his collar.

What the hell happened to make this kitten so traumatized?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
kittens are naturally scared. My kitten would always run away if I got close to him
But to have him sit behind our clean dishes for the day, we would have to rewash everything. There's got to be something to get it from staying in that one spot all day.

Told my mom very clearly that the kitten needs a small room to stay in. But according to her, the rooms would be too hot for him to live and letting him out in the front room was a good idea. Here we are, having to watch it for hours.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so we got team valor having a female leader team instinct with what looks like the professors son
and team mystic with the first trainer to identify as an attack helicopter

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But to have him sit behind our clean dishes for the day, we would have to rewash everything. There's got to be something to get it from staying in that one spot all day.

Told my mom very clearly that the kitten needs a small room to stay in. But according to her, the rooms would be too hot for him to live and letting him out in the front room was a good idea. Here we are, having to watch it for hours.
Sounds like the type of problem that she caused, but just won't have the time to solve. Any small encasement would have worked instead of a kitchen where people eats.

Just when I thought it was a non-terrified kitten. :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID