• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just watched Pokemon XY&Z episode 34. It was pretty solid. We got to see the end of Alain vs Remo at the start, and there was more footage of that compared to Ash vs Astrid in the last episode.

We see Alain's Charizard (not Mega-Evolved) knocking out Remo's Rhyperior, nicknamed "Dodosuke." Considering Remo also nicknamed his Garchomp as well, it seems like he was one of the few trainers in the anime that nicknames his Pokemon (and I bet he has nicknames for his entire team too).

Speaking of his team, the overhead screen reveals Remo also had a Gurdurr, a Pelipper, a Boufallant, and a Granbull on his team. Alain also used his Metagross (yes, his Metang has evolved) at one point, but it fell in battle. While we don't know for sure, I have a feeling the Metagross might've curb-stomped almost all of Remo's Pokemon but then lost Rhyperior, fitting because Metagross is weak to Ground.

Mega Garchomp vs Mega Charizard was pretty interesting to see. Mega Garchomp didn't get as steamrolled as Trevor's Mega Charizard Y did two episodes back. It put up a good fight, but lost. Alain is moving on to the top 2.

And now onto the main meat of the episode: Ash vs Sawyer part 1!

The battle starts off with Hawlucha vs Slaking. Hawlucha delivers several attacks in succession, but Slaking does a good job tanking up the hits. Sawyer's Slaking doesn't start attacking from the get-go because of its Truant ability, but it eventually uses Slack Off to heal the damage. Hawlucha continues to deliver some attacks, then Slaking uses Slack Off. Eventually, a few more attacks are delivered, but then Slaking gets up and uses Counter, knocking out Hawlucha in one blow. Sounds boring while reading, but if you watch it, it was a good part of the battle. Bonnie also called Slaking "cute." Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Ash summons Talonflame and orders it to use Flame Charge, and Sawyer orders Slaking to use Hammer Arm in an attempt to stop it. The Flame Charge ends up being stronger than the Hammer Arm, causing Flame Charge to go through and damage Slaking. Talonflame follows up with a Brave Bird to KO Slaking.

Sawyer summons Clawitzer, and from that get go, he orders it to use Aqua Jet, leading to a high speed chase after Talonflame. Talonflame dodges it. A few more attacks are delivered until Talonflame uses Flame Charge to collide with Clawitzer's Water Pulse/Aqua Jet (don't remember which one), but it KOs Talonflame in the process.

Ash now summons his Pikachu. It's a pretty heated battle between it and Clawitzer. Pikachu succeeds in dodging the Aqua Jet in another high speed chase. It also got its tale trapped by Clawitzer at one point when it tried to use Iron Tail, but as Clawitzer was about to use Water Pulse, Pikachu managed to pull out an Electro Ball to stop the attack in the process and free itself. After that, Ash ordered Pikachu to follow up with Thunderbolt, knocking out Clawitzer in the process.

Sawyer then summoned Aegislash. The episode ends with Aegislash using Slash to cut down several trees in an attempt to catch Pikachu and change the battlefield.

Some additional thoughts about the episode...

Each battle in the Kalos League has a different terrain. With Ash vs Sawyer, it uses a forest terrain, which is perfect considering it matches Sceptile's Grass-typing. Similarly, it's confirmed Ash vs Alain will have a mountain terrain for the battle, fitting since Charizard is a Flying-type, and the emphasis on flying high fits well with mountains (also worth mentioning that Alain vs Trevor also had a mountain terrain, and that fit the whole Mega Charizard battle atmosphere). I think it's a nice touch the writers match up the terrain with the signature Pokemon of Ash's rival for a specific battle.

Next week's episode will be part 2 of Ash and Sawyer's Top 4 match. It's confirmed Sawyer's Shelgon has evolved into Salamence, and we'll finally see Ash-Greninja vs Mega Sceptile in action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I know some users in this social seem to be Hawlucha fans, so to all those that like the Luchador Hawk Pokemon, I can tell you Hawlucha had another glorious moment in this episode! Check out how it entered the stage at the start of the top 4 match!

See? If Hawlucha was in Pokken instead of Pikachu Libre, this would've been such an amazing entrance animation.

The popping sound here and there was not in the original episode. This was the closest video I could find that depicted the entire scene in one-go. Otherwise, I would've showed it through gifs, but it would take several of them to present the entire scene at the cost of lagging loading time.
I really wish Hawlucha could fight permanently like that. It be pretty cool. It be like how Tyson's Meowth dressed like a cowboy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Screenshot_2016-07-23-23-41-18.png

Pokemon go is a better fitness program than my actual fitness apps

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
http://www.strawpoll.me/10822142

New Straw Poll on Sm4sh's newcomers.
It was a tossup between :4shulk:, :4robinm:, and :4cloud: though Shulk won out for me due to the fact that I enjoy his gimmick and that he represents a niche series that not a lot of people know about which is good for Smash Bros. It would suck if only the titles that sell millions were the ones that got in to Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I really wish Hawlucha could fight permanently like that. It be pretty cool. It be like how Tyson's Meowth dressed like a cowboy.
That got me thinking. A future Pokemon game should expand the dress-up option from the 4th and 5th Gen games where you can dress up your any of your Pokemon for battle. It wouldn't affect any stats. It would purely be an aesthetic feature similar to the ball capsules from the DPP games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I voted Miss Rosalina because nobody else here will. :rosalina:

Also because it's technically getting two characters back.
lumaicon.png

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey guys, what's up?

Since starting summer holidays a few days ago, I've gotten back to playing Hyrule Warriors Legends. This game is stupidly long if you aim for 100% completion.

Weapons, Skulltulas, Heart Containers, costumes and so much more... O.O

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the stuff I ordered from Japan earlier this month... Hopefully, the CDs arrive the upcoming week. It's been nearly 3 weeks by now.

D

Deleted member

http://www.strawpoll.me/10822142

New Straw Poll on Sm4sh's newcomers.
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT! MEGA MAN!

If i could have voted for the DLC veterans, i would have voted for Mewtwo (Roy is a close second)

The only ones i wouldn't care if they were cut are Lucina, Dark Pit, Corrin and Bayonetta (i wouldn't some Smash 4 newcomers getting cut but that's because of my lack of attachment to most of those newcomers)

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Was going to vote :4palutena:, but I ended up choosing :4robinm:, given that I'm better with him would actually play him a lot more than Palutena.

I also realized how many of Sm4sh's newcomers I like to play as.
:4robinm::4palutena::4megaman::4pacman::4littlemac::4greninja::4lucina::4villager:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When Sonic falls asleep for his idle animation in LEGO Dimensions, he literally starts "thingken of fast".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That got me thinking. A future Pokemon game should expand the dress-up option from the 4th and 5th Gen games where you can dress up your any of your Pokemon for battle. It wouldn't affect any stats. It would purely be an aesthetic feature similar to the ball capsules from the DPP games.
This would be a fun feature to have back. Surprised they haven't done it again.

D

Deleted member

I had a vision; Bewear could easily be DLC for Pokken.

It's known as the "Fighting King of the Forest".

Tekken has characters it can emulate (i.e. Kuma/Panda).

It can promote the newer Sun & Moon like how Sceptile and Pikachu Libre were likely promotion for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. (Note, promotion doesn't necessarily mean included before release of the games.)

ESA (European speedrun marathon) just had a donator say they would add to their donation if one of the commentators licked the person running spyro 2. . .and he did it mid run on stream :108:

That's just weird
:061:

"You can actually sofilock the game if you manage to kill a thief off screen"

-The commentator as the runner kills a thief offscreen, softlocking the game
:061:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know what I hate about Sonic Mania?

That I can't play it :cry:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The currently airing Tales of Zestiria anime adaptation is so good in terms of production values.

Great animation, special effects and music, but then again it's ufotable doing the animation with Motoi Sakuraba and Go Shiina doing the music (definitely getting some KIU vibes with the music), so I suppose that would be expected.

Never played a Tales game before and most recent titles aren't available in a system I own, but thanks to cameos in Project X Zone and Smash Bros., I've been wanting to try out one of the games, so I suppose this anime will suffice for a while. At the very least, I can experience one of the stories the franchise has to offer.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
As I'm nearing the end of Termina for HW:L (catching up on those maps after getting through most of Koholint and actually grabbing some Lv4's).

I'm just gonna spill out wants for a theoretical third version of the game built for the NX for, say, Holiday 2018. WARNING: LOT OF TEXT

New Element!
Wind Element, bridge between Weak to Fire and Strong against Electric. Neutral to Water, Light, Darkness.
Old Weapons Adjusted: Lana's Spear, Zelda's Baton, Medli's Harp, Daphnes's Sail.

All Weapons Now have a PROPER Level 4 Name/Design. Some Level 3's are boosted up TO this rank with another design added for a lower one. Level 5 and 5+ take the structure of 4 and 4+ in Legends.

Old Weapon Ranks
Link
Hylian Sword
[ Knight's - White - Magical - 8bit ]
Magic Rod
[ Fire - Prism - Magical - 8Bit]
Gauntlets
[ Power Bracelet - Silver - Golden - 8bit]
Great Fairy
[ Fountain - Forest - Sky - 8bit ]
Horse
[ Epona - Twilight - Of Time - Wild ]
Spinner
[ Ancient - Enhanced - Twilight - Triforce ]

Impa
Giant Blade
[ Giant's Knife - Biggoron's Knife - Biggoron's Sword - 8bit ]
Naginata
[ Guardian - Scorching - Sheikah - 8bit ]

Sheik's Harp
[ Goddess's - Typhoon - Triforce - 8bit ]

Lana
Tomes
[ Spirit's - Sealing - Sorceress - 8bit ]
Spear
[ Deku - Kokiri - Faron - 8bit ]
Summoning Gate
[ Of Time, Guardian's, Of Souls, 8bit ]

Zelda
Rapier
[ Polished - Glittering - Gleaming - 8bit ]
Baton
[Wind Waker - Sacred - Glorious - 8bit ]
Dominion Rod
[ Old - High - Royal - Twilight ]

Ganondorf
Giant Blades
[ Of Darkness - Of Despair - Demise's - 8bit ]
Trident
[ Theif's - Gerudo - King of Evil - of Demise ]

Darunia's Hammer
[ Magic - Igneous - Megaton - 8bit ]

Ruto's Scale
[ Silver - Golden - Water Dragon - 8bit ]

Agitha's Parasol
[ Butterfly - Luna - Princess - 8bit ]

Midna's Shackle
[ Cursed - Twilight - Sol - 8bit ]

Fi's Goddes Blade
[ Sword - Longsword - True - 8bit ]

Ghirahim's Demon Blade
[ Tribe Sword - Longsword - True - 8bit ]

Cia's Scepter
[ Of Time - Guardian's - Scepter - Rod of Seasons ]

Volga's Pike
[ Dragonbone - Stonecleaver - Flesh-render Fang - Volvagia's Fang]

Wizzro's Ring
[ Blue - Red - Magical - Shadow ]

Twili Midna's Mirror's
[ of Shadows, of Silence, of Twilight, Dark World ]

Young Link's Mask
[ Fierce - Furious - Vengeful - Smiting] (Also changes Young Link's sword from Normal - Razor - Gilded - Great Fairy's)

Tingle's Baloon
[ Rosy - Rupee - Love-Filled - Mr. Fairy ]

Linkle
Crossbows
[ Simple - Reinforced - Hylian - Legend's ]
Boots
[ Winged - Roc - Pegasus - Triforce ]

Skull Kid's Ocarina
[ Fairy - Of Time - Lunar - Majora's ]

Toon Link's Sword
[ Wooden - Hero's - Phantom - Lokomo ]

Tetra's Cutlass
[Pirate's - Gerudo - Jeweled - Regal ]

King Daphe's Sail
[Windfall - Sailcloth - Swift - Of Red Lions ]

Medli's Harp
[ Sacred - Earth God's - Din's - of Ages ]

Marin's Bell
[ Witch's - Sea Lily - Wavelet - Of Awakening ]

New Characters
Saria - Slingshot [ Wind ]
[ Fairy - Hyper - Scattershot - Faron ]

Malon - Pail [ Water ]
[ Tin - Romani - Ordon - Lon Lon ]

Linebeck - Telescope [ Water ]
[ Child's - Pirate's - Captain's - Ocean King's ]

Maple/Irine - Broom [ I dunno what element to give it ]
[ Training - Apprentice - Witch - Sage's ]

Token Breath Of The Wild Character

Token Team Ninja OC [ Cia, Volga, Wizzro, Lana, Linkle ]

New Weapon Options
Linkle's Flute [ Light ]
[Recorder - Strange Flute - Spirit Flute - Faerore's Flute ]

Young Link's Seed Shooter [ Fire ]
[ Seed Shooter - Gardener's Shooter - Shooter of Ages - Nayru's Shooter ]

Toon Link's Rod [ Water ]
[ Fishing - Angler - Zora - Ocean King ]

King Daphnes' Hook [ Water ]

[ Grappling - Switch - Salvage - Triforce ]

Obviously, I expect some expansion to the story.... with a number of new maps for the included games/worlds through DLC help bridging some [Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening, Spirit Tracks, Link Between Worlds]. It... gives way for various characters to have a better place IN the story itself. Something 2/3 of the DLC characters from the original didn't get in Legends.

DLC Packs
1: Wild Hyrule. Breath of the Wild seems like an easy fit...

New Weapon - Sheik's Slate [ Darkness ]
[ Ancient - Sheikah - Lanayru - Goddess ]

2: The Sky - Skyward Sword.
Being the one 3D game (currently released) without an adventure map, it seems like an easy choice. Arrows to take off Octorocks, Loftwing tiles, etc.

Character - Groose.
Weapon - Loftwing, Wind Element.
[ Loftwing - Redwing - Blackwing - Goldwing ]

New Weapon - Agatha's Bug Net [ Electric ]
[ Old - Big - Super - Princess ]

3: Old Hyrule - Minish Cap. Pegasus Boots, Gust Jar, Elzo, Ocarina [functions like Oocoo/Owl Statues] and Mole Mitts as extra cards.

Character - Vaati [ Wind ]
Weapon - Circlet
[ Picori - Shadow - Sorcerer - Nightmare ]

New Weapon - Toon Link's Four Sword [ Light ]
[ Picori Blade - White Sword - Four Sword - Triforce Sword ]

4: Land of Oracles [Labryna, Holodrum, & Subrosia] - Oracle Games
A blended mix of the two games' maps. and notable items. Cards from Seeds, Rod of Seasons & Harp of Ages.

Characters - Onox & Vera
Weapons: Chain Axe [hybrid flail and axe weapon from Concept art] & Armlets. Both Darkness Element.
[ Iron - Steel - Silver - Gold] & [ Apprentice, Witch, Sorceress, Dark Goddess]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I voted for Cloud among that poll. While most of the others have a damn good chance of being back(one could argue Lucina might not make it again, but I hope she does. I don't like cuts in general), he is iffy due to Square being hard to work with. The other 3rd parties are super easy to get or just plain too iconic to drop(unless Namco-Bandai and Nintendo suddenly become extreme enemies, Pac-Man feels like a safe bet, obviously assuming 3rd parties are back. MegaMan and Ryu I feel are slightly less likely than Pac-Man, but that's due to Capcom sometimes being jerks. I still think they have a damn good chance). To say the least, Sonic is coming back. You can bet on it.

As for Cloud, while he's hardly one of my favorite characters in general(in fact, I don't like FFVII much, and my two favorites are Sephiroth and Aerith), there's no doubt he damn well deserves it. Likewise, I didn't get a very fun start when I tried out FFVII and I want to try it again. I don't feel I gave it a fair chance. Mind you, I like Cloud's normal version, not the crappy spin-off emo version. I don't have an issue with emo characters, but Cloud doesn't need that to be cool. Shadow I find more fun as emo instead. >.>

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I've heard that you've gotten a ****ing adorable baby cat for your birthday Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan .

Let me come over your house and pet the hell out of it! Who says that a fish owner can't love an adorable kitten? :3

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a friendly reminder, the cat is clearly not mines. But it's for my brother since his last one ran away on Christmas Day (ironically being under the care of a lady in our neighborhood). Yes, you can come over and pet him all you want. Don't forget that you also owe me a present better than the [redacted]ville Maker you've given me last year.

It's good to be 22 and committed.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So I've heard that you've gotten a ****ing adorable baby cat for your birthday Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan .

Let me come over your house and pet the hell out of it! Who says that a fish owner can't love an adorable kitten? :3
Just as a friendly reminder, the cat is clearly not mines. But it's for my brother since his last one ran away on Christmas Day (ironically being under the care of a lady in our neighborhood). Yes, you can come over and pet him all you want. Don't forget that you also owe me a present better than the [redacted]ville Maker you've given me last year.

It's good to be 22 and committed.
I'm not fan of this weird innuendo thing going on here :crazy:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, I'm probably not going to dig anything up I don't know asking for this and I acknowledge that there's not much point in asking it during off-season, but here goes:

I never really got very deep into character support for 4, and in case there's another Smash I'd like to cultivate a pool of characters I could get hyped for. However, a lot of the appeal points for characters that other people cite don't do much for me.

I don't care if the character is a villain, or what gender they are. I'm not really impressed by the idea of someone having an "unrepresented" weapon(s) or whatever. I don't really want a one trick pony that just uses only one thing for the whole moveset. But I don't really want nothing but random whatever for a moveset either. In most cases I won't have any loyalty to whatever series the character is from. I want someone who's going to be flashy, who's going to look fun to play as with every move. I want someone who's not too horribly obscure so they can actually have a fair chance of making it into the game. At the same time, though, how "iconic" someone is comes second to how they look to me.

And K. Rool just doesn't click with my tastes at all.

I have Inkling and Isaac in mind right now. Is there anything else out there that sounds like they would fit with what I'm looking for?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A new Modern Sonic render was on the USB drives given out at the 25th Anniversary Party. Looks a lot like a 3D version of the art of him in my signature.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Strange, it took me a while to finally notice that. :laugh:

Cat and fish, natural enemies joined forces as the ultimate innuendo laden post. It's like these slippery house pets were meant for each other. :troll:
Kinky...

So what color is it? Is it male? Female? Do you know what breed it is? Does it have a name? I'm just so excited to pay the little cutie a visit (and eat your cake).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Kinky...

So what color is it? Is it male? Female? Do you know what breed it is? Does it have a name? I'm just so excited to pay the little cutie a visit (and eat your cake).
The only thing we know about it has grey fur and the fact that it was born three weeks ago (like Nico). You'll have to find out when you get here or once we finally take him out the box. You can have all the cake you want, but not too much. This isn't a whipped cream iced cake like it usually is (so beware of the high sugar).

It's kind of random, but I found the moment where Spongebob (Yes, my sister seriously named her cat after that character) tried catching the new cat's scent cute. Before he eventually got back to throwing his feline tantrums. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom