• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I don't think the games will be like the comics, it just means we'll (possibly) have competent writing. I've only read Worlds Collide, but I can tell you Ian Flynn understands these characters well.

Besides, even if the comics have done it for years, having one game were it's about getting the world back from Eggman instead of stopping him from taking it over is a really great idea.
Johnny mentioned this in the GameXplain discussion, what if it's not just Eggman but Eggman Nega as well? I'd like to see them do more with Nega and this would be a good opportunity to do so.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Johnny mentioned this in the GameXplain discussion, what if it's not just Eggman but Eggman Nega as well? I'd like to see them do more with Nega and this would be a good opportunity to do so.
Eeeeeeeeeh.

I would say do that if it meant Blaze was the second major playable character.

But it's Classic Sonic for now.

Makes more sense that Classic Eggman would be back, if we're getting another Eggman.

Also, Nega tends to upstage Eggman whenever he's implemented which is really fan-fictiony.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was actually in the middle of listening to that and LITERALLY just got to that part. :laugh:
That would be cool, though as a discussion this thread had a couple days ago, Eggman Nega's backstory is kind of a mess.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Went to a carnival today in my local area. It was at a park that was a pokespot.

Every 5 minutes I could get items from the park. Someone also put up a lure module the whole time I was there, so I got a lot more pokemon and leveled up. One new find was Horsea.

Also I got 6 new eggs from it, and half of the two eggs I have atm hatched.

Pretty good go day.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fenrir and Surtur got confirmed for Thor Ragnarok (as you should expect).
There's some Spidey and Guardians stuff too. Baby Groot is supposed to be great.
Kurt Russell is Ego the Living Planet.
And Star Lord's father
Brie Larson confirmed as Captain Marvel.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think the games will be like the comics, it just means we'll (possibly) have competent writing. I've only read Worlds Collide, but I can tell you Ian Flynn understands these characters well.

Besides, even if the comics have done it for years, having one game were it's about getting the world back from Eggman instead of stopping him from taking it over is a really great idea.

The Flicky Army of Death alone is a reason why this rule should be changed.
The comics also have Sonic as more of a jerk than in the games, which is also a matter of concern. In the games he typically insults people who try to attack him on purpose or otherwise just really dissed him hard when they did fight him. Eggman, Chuckles the Enchilada with his chuckling and traps, Shadow with the whole faker thing. Characters that were fought over misunderstandings without any salt rubbing involved like Blaze and Silver or never fought at all like Tails and Amy get along just fine with Sonic and don't get tense situations much at all.

Sonic and Mega Man fought because of a misunderstanding, and yet they still went off on each other. It didn't feel quite. . .right. I guess they did rub salts a bit, but considering how absurdly fast the situation patched up and how trolled they were by context I'm not sure how it devolved to that point.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The Dead Rising 4 video I saw at Comic Con should be up online in about a week (unless someone leaks it).

Here's a bit of new info I learn during the panel.
There is no time limit in the main campaign.

There will be DLC.

There are 3 different types of zombies; regular zombies you see in hordes, people who just turned into zombies (they are fast and aggressive), and zombies that will dodge attacks and take cover.

There is a big mystery going on in Willamette that you have to solve.

Taking selfies is a gameplay mechanic.

Psychopaths will have a different tone then the ones in the last 3 games. (I think they said they wanted to make them more realistic or something.

Frank is in his 50's now; I believe this is 16 years after the 1st game.

There will be one other character from a previous game that will be in this one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If this game has Boom Sonic in it too.

I wonder if they'll have Jason Griffith voice Modern Sonic.

Just a thought, it would be weird if two Sonics had the same voice.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The last (and hardest trick) of world 2 involves a breakable wall. . .I broke the wall by accident after a failed attempt

. . .I then got back to the spot after some glitchung and went to practice

AND AFTER 5 MINUTES I DIDN'T REALIZE THE WALL WAS GONE BECAUSE IT IS INVISIBLE FROM ONE SIDE. I WAS TRYING TO CLIP THROUGH A NON-EXISTANT WALL

Kind of wanted to have already beat Spyro 2 by the end of the day but I guess not. . .
:061:
First speed runs never go well, lol. Just remember that you'll never do as terribly as the first time.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Eeeeeeeeeh.

I would say do that if it meant Blaze was the second major playable character.
That did cross my mind. Speaking of Blaze I kinda want to see Marine again, she was mentioned in Colors and Generations so she could still pop up; Blaze and Marine could totally work as an alternate dimension Sonic & Tails, going up against Dr. Eggman Nega.

Makes more sense that Classic Eggman would be back, if we're getting another Eggman.
That's if he didn't go back to get his teaching degree.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The comics also have Sonic as more of a jerk than in the games, which is also a matter of concern. In the games he typically insults people who try to attack him on purpose or otherwise just really dissed him hard when they did fight him. Eggman, Chuckles the Enchilada with his chuckling and traps, Shadow with the whole faker thing. Characters that were fought over misunderstandings without any salt rubbing involved like Blaze and Silver or never fought at all like Tails and Amy get along just fine with Sonic and don't get tense situations much at all.

Sonic and Mega Man fought because of a misunderstanding, and yet they still went off on each other. It didn't feel quite. . .right.
When I read the Worlds Collide, I always felt Sonic and Mega Man had a friendly rivalry. So that never really seemed out of place for me. SEGA is also a lot more stricter than Archie, so if SEGA feels Flynn is making him a bit too unlikeable, they'll let him know.

Wonder Woman in Injustice 2 is giving me SFV Ken flashbacks.

That Wonder Woman looks face-swapped.

Chrono.

When I read the Worlds Collide, I always felt Sonic and Mega Man had a friendly rivalry. So that never really seemed out of place for me. SEGA is also a lot more stricter than Archie, so if SEGA feels Flynn is making him a bit too unlikeable, they'll let him know.

That Wonder Woman looks face-swapped.
She does... I can't unsee it.

It's very much real though.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh yeah I meant to do this

http://www.strawpoll.me/10819245
Splatoon Strawpoll

In the time since i've made that post i've gone from 200 tries to get it, to 50 tries to 10 tries to 2 times in a row

PROGRESS
:061:
Sounds like my efforts to get the Super Missiles early in Super Metroid...The Mach ball glitch is harder than it looks...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That did cross my mind. Speaking of Blaze I kinda want to see Marine again, she was mentioned in Colors and Generations so she could still pop up; Blaze and Marine could totally work as an alternate dimension Sonic & Tails, going up against Dr. Eggman Nega.

That's if he didn't go back to get his teaching degree.

I'd be down with that.

Blaze is cool and cute.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

ABORTING PREORDER ABORTING PREORDER! MAKE THE DROWNING STOP!
Could have been worse, like Carnival Night Zone Act 2 with the rotating barrel puzzles (AKA The Barrel of Doom).

They were so hated that even Yuji Naka had to publicly apologize for such a poor development choice.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Could have been worse, like Carnival Night Zone Act 2 with the rotating barrel puzzles (AKA The Barrel of Doom).

They were so hated that even Yuji Naka had to publicly apologize for such a poor development choice.
Thanks to you, I had to be reminded of how long I've been stuck at that level just because of them. It's one of those levels where I can gladly say it can go **** itself, even more than Launch Base Zone and Metropolis Zone (Them damn Badniks).

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

You just figured out the plot of Sonic 2017.

The Barrel of Doom has gained sentience and has taken over the world.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I haven't commented on the new Wonder Woman trailer, but it's definitely looking pretty sick!

At first I sort of doubted Gal Gadot upon the announcement that she was cast as her, but after seeing this trailer she appears to fit the role quite naturally...

(fyi I still haven't seen BvS yet)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just realised how much of a missed opportunity it was not getting Blaze or Big in on the Hello Kitty deal.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just watched Pokemon XY&Z episode 34. It was pretty solid. We got to see the end of Alain vs Remo at the start, and there was more footage of that compared to Ash vs Astrid in the last episode.

We see Alain's Charizard (not Mega-Evolved) knocking out Remo's Rhyperior, nicknamed "Dodosuke." Considering Remo also nicknamed his Garchomp as well, it seems like he was one of the few trainers in the anime that nicknames his Pokemon (and I bet he has nicknames for his entire team too).

Speaking of his team, the overhead screen reveals Remo also had a Gurdurr, a Pelipper, a Boufallant, and a Granbull on his team. Alain also used his Metagross (yes, his Metang has evolved) at one point, but it fell in battle. While we don't know for sure, I have a feeling the Metagross might've curb-stomped almost all of Remo's Pokemon but then lost Rhyperior, fitting because Metagross is weak to Ground.

Mega Garchomp vs Mega Charizard was pretty interesting to see. Mega Garchomp didn't get as steamrolled as Trevor's Mega Charizard Y did two episodes back. It put up a good fight, but lost. Alain is moving on to the top 2.

And now onto the main meat of the episode: Ash vs Sawyer part 1!

The battle starts off with Hawlucha vs Slaking. Hawlucha delivers several attacks in succession, but Slaking does a good job tanking up the hits. Sawyer's Slaking doesn't start attacking from the get-go because of its Truant ability, but it eventually uses Slack Off to heal the damage. Hawlucha continues to deliver some attacks, then Slaking uses Slack Off. Eventually, a few more attacks are delivered, but then Slaking gets up and uses Counter, knocking out Hawlucha in one blow. Sounds boring while reading, but if you watch it, it was a good part of the battle. Bonnie also called Slaking "cute." Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Ash summons Talonflame and orders it to use Flame Charge, and Sawyer orders Slaking to use Hammer Arm in an attempt to stop it. The Flame Charge ends up being stronger than the Hammer Arm, causing Flame Charge to go through and damage Slaking. Talonflame follows up with a Brave Bird to KO Slaking.

Sawyer summons Clawitzer, and from that get go, he orders it to use Aqua Jet, leading to a high speed chase after Talonflame. Talonflame dodges it. A few more attacks are delivered until Talonflame uses Flame Charge to collide with Clawitzer's Water Pulse/Aqua Jet (don't remember which one), but it KOs Talonflame in the process.

Ash now summons his Pikachu. It's a pretty heated battle between it and Clawitzer. Pikachu succeeds in dodging the Aqua Jet in another high speed chase. It also got its tale trapped by Clawitzer at one point when it tried to use Iron Tail, but as Clawitzer was about to use Water Pulse, Pikachu managed to pull out an Electro Ball to stop the attack in the process and free itself. After that, Ash ordered Pikachu to follow up with Thunderbolt, knocking out Clawitzer in the process.

Sawyer then summoned Aegislash. The episode ends with Aegislash using Slash to cut down several trees in an attempt to catch Pikachu and change the battlefield.

Some additional thoughts about the episode...

Each battle in the Kalos League has a different terrain. With Ash vs Sawyer, it uses a forest terrain, which is perfect considering it matches Sceptile's Grass-typing. Similarly, it's confirmed Ash vs Alain will have a mountain terrain for the battle, fitting since Charizard is a Flying-type, and the emphasis on flying high fits well with mountains (also worth mentioning that Alain vs Trevor also had a mountain terrain, and that fit the whole Mega Charizard battle atmosphere). I think it's a nice touch the writers match up the terrain with the signature Pokemon of Ash's rival for a specific battle.

Next week's episode will be part 2 of Ash and Sawyer's Top 4 match. It's confirmed Sawyer's Shelgon has evolved into Salamence, and we'll finally see Ash-Greninja vs Mega Sceptile in action.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I know some users in this social seem to be Hawlucha fans, so to all those that like the Luchador Hawk Pokemon, I can tell you Hawlucha had another glorious moment in this episode! Check out how it entered the stage at the start of the top 4 match!

See? If Hawlucha was in Pokken instead of Pikachu Libre, this would've been such an amazing entrance animation.

The popping sound here and there was not in the original episode. This was the closest video I could find that depicted the entire scene in one-go. Otherwise, I would've showed it through gifs, but it would take several of them to present the entire scene at the cost of lagging loading time.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thanks to you, I had to be reminded of how long I've been stuck at that level just because of them. It's one of those levels where I can gladly say it can go **** itself, even more than Launch Base Zone and Metropolis Zone (Them damn Badniks).
I always end up stuck at certain points in 3&K whenever I attempt, but Sonic 2 is -my game- so I guess I'll share my feels on that one.

Nothing like going up a screw only to be greeted with a pair of Slicer claws to the face. Or that one jump at the beginning of an Act that forces you to jump right into a darn crab claw. Once I finally decided to get past my avoidance of Chemical Plant Act 2 and just go as far as I could, that Zone was what ended my Sonic 2 playthroughs if I didn't quit beforehand.

Got past it eventually, though. . . .Only to have issues with Sky Fortress up until the point that I used & Knuckles and realized there was a fan I could get up to in order to avoid whatever the heck was going on at the bottom of the ship. Knuckles had to climb, but Sonic happily just jumped up. There was still an insane jumping sequence and the ringless final boss marathon after that to worry about in terms of difficulty, but from there it was just a matter of practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom