• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
...And then it went on to get mixed reception.

Makes me wonder if it'll alter the sales of the sequel in any way... (especially since they're being rather quiet about the gameplay)
I'm watching a video of the demo. Gameplay seems to have some adjustments.

There are more strategy/RPG elements such as shops, skills, field obstacles and such. There are now distinct player and enemy turns rather than all units moving in determined order, making the game play more like, say, a Fire Emblem game. This allows for more strategic gameplay the previous game lacked.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hm...

Do any of you consider Bowser to be truly evil? :bowsermelee::bowser2::4bowser:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hm...

Do any of you consider Bowser to be truly evil? :bowsermelee::bowser2::4bowser:
It varies from game to game, I feel.

Like, I can't sympathize with him in the Galaxy games since he outright wanted to conquer the universe and ends up almost destroying it in the process, but at the same time he's especially sympathetic in the RPGs and Baseball games, of all things.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Project X Zone 2 seems to be an overall improvement over the prequel.

Better gameplay, music sounds better, visuals are also improved (mainly the backgrounds and special effects), better animation for the cut-ins and there seem to be some new features added as well.

I'm really looking forward to this. Shame it only releases in February, but it will be worth the wait.

And with this, I'm off. See ya.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It varies from game to game, I feel.

Like, I can't sympathize with him in the Galaxy games since he outright wanted to conquer the universe and ends up almost destroying it in the process, but at the same time he's especially sympathetic in the RPGs and Baseball games, of all things.
It's all a performance man. He's only evil when the script calls for it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Nobody is good or evil in the Mario universe. They are all just actors, why do you think Mario lets Bowser play sports and go-karting with him?

D

Deleted member

I'm still more interested to know what Bowser Jr. got from Miyamoto
I would say he has his eyes

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think the weirdest change to a Mario character they made when bringing them to a spinoff game was with Bowser Jr. in Mario Party Island Tour. They made him go against his father, wanting to become a good guy and defeat him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ninlendo. You will never get old...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh... only if they made Super Mario Maker 3DS based on Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, and New Super Mario Bros...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
No. Not really. Maybe some point when I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after this;

Just, no, he's not evil after this.
I've said this before, but I would pay good money if this and the other character's costumes that were in the New 3DS commercial was DLC for Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Help me trend this on Twitter:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We must bond the fanbases together!

Edit: Wrong tweet. lol
Just saying, since tweets are at most 140 characters, and that hashtag alone is a whopping twenty-six, it's gonna be more difficult to get it trending than by using a smaller one.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just saying, since tweets are at most 140 characters, and that hashtag alone is a whopping twenty-six, it's gonna be more difficult to get it trending than by using a smaller one.
I thought people would be fine with any hashtag no matter the length. The shortest you can go to is #ilovePKMNandYW, and I feel that tag doesn't seem right.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
for those interested in paper jam, new screenshots

http://ga-m.com/n/mario-luigi-rpg-paper-mix-amiibo/

will talk about it more later freaking was hard to post this on phone i see a lot of new stuff.
ok, back on my pc, so let me write what is new and first, why these exists.

Remember when we learned the release date in JP and the amibo compatibility?

Well, the amazon jp and another jp stores opened their preorder, the link above told that as its sources which are there:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-マリオ&ルイー...525977&sr=1-1&keywords=マリオ&ルイージRPG+ペーパーマリオMIX

and here:

http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/13422471/

PushDustIn PushDustIn if I can get a rought translation of what all these 3 links says, that would be

:)

Ok, so the shots.

I really love the new logo. the coloring is fun and the difference between mario and paper mario are shown :)
first 6 shots is the intro, we knew the existence of the last 4 of them, but the first 2 are new. The second shows the book, probabyl after luigi knocked it, we now know the book feel on a wood like surface, but it would have been nice to know where the freak that book is from.....

The first one......not sure of what i think about this one. We see a lot of classic mario enemies seen in their paper form, this worries me because I really am worried if we woudl see paper mario exclusive characters. It would be a waste of potential if we don't tbh, but that shot only shows enemies......:(

The one with the hammer shows new stuff, notice the background. We see a really clear difference between the paper mario style and the m&l style, event he flowers :) This is really neat and the reason it's new is this battle map was never seen in any footage i ever found. The one we saw was the ONLY m&l one, I bet it's a different zone.

The msot interesting one is the one with the 2 yellow thing. See, paper mario is like......rolled and strechted, idk what the freak he is doing, but notice the HUD? You see an hand right beside of his icon. This means that whatever he is doing is a paper abilities that is new to this game. My guess is it would allow to use the yellow thingy to have one of the brothers grab the thing, Paper Mario rolling himself to have the other brother be on the other end and grab the other yellow thing. idk what the freak he is doing, but idc, it seems so cool :)

The toad screaming is new, but other than saying that you would save them, I have nothing to speculate about. The only thing I would say, is please have other npc than toads :(

Just telling a thing, the screen with the shell attack and Paper Mario encouraging the brothers is NOT new. This is one of these details I noticed in footages, it was knew beforehand.

The bridge part is completely new, gotta wonder what's there because if you have noticed, this was not int he e3 demo :)

The rocket launching IS NEW! Seriously, an attack by launching a rocket with the brothers? SOUNDS COOL!

Also, notice something very shiny and stickerstary?

Yeah, enemies having the shiny textures of SS is new. Which btw, it is NOT a bad thing, that part was fine in SS. That game not having stickers, all it does is just being better aesthetically like it was in SS so yay!

the shot after, we see AGAIN, grassy area, but notice a stone like structure? I believe this would have been a wall before. Btw, there's a thing on the right that really bothers me because I think it's something important :(

That;s it :)

So, basically, there;s some cool stuff about the way this game handles SS, but please, i really want to see other npc other than toad. Like, I could understand if it was to save dev resources, but it;s just really something that would make the game A LOT better to me instantly.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Project X Zone 2 seems to be an overall improvement over the prequel.

Better gameplay, music sounds better, visuals are also improved (mainly the backgrounds and special effects), better animation for the cut-ins and there seem to be some new features added as well.

I'm really looking forward to this. Shame it only releases in February, but it will be worth the wait.

And with this, I'm off. See ya.
Oh man, I can't agree with you more on the music part.
Objection sounds awesome in this game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
ok, back on my pc, so let me write what is new and first, why these exists.

Remember when we learned the release date in JP and the amibo compatibility?

Well, the amazon jp and another jp stores opened their preorder, the link above told that as its sources which are there:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/任天堂-マリオ&ルイージRPG-ペーパーマリオMIX【Amazon-co-jp限定】オリジナルステッカー4種セット付/dp/B0160YPJXW/ref=sr_1_1/377-9007021-7533863?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1444525977&sr=1-1&keywords=マリオ&ルイージRPG+ペーパーマリオMIX

and here:

http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rb/13422471/

PushDustIn PushDustIn if I can get a rought translation of what all these 3 links says, that would be

:)

Ok, so the shots.

I really love the new logo. the coloring is fun and the difference between mario and paper mario are shown :)
first 6 shots is the intro, we knew the existence of the last 4 of them, but the first 2 are new. The second shows the book, probabyl after luigi knocked it, we now know the book feel on a wood like surface, but it would have been nice to know where the freak that book is from.....

The first one......not sure of what i think about this one. We see a lot of classic mario enemies seen in their paper form, this worries me because I really am worried if we woudl see paper mario exclusive characters. It would be a waste of potential if we don't tbh, but that shot only shows enemies......:(

The one with the hammer shows new stuff, notice the background. We see a really clear difference between the paper mario style and the m&l style, event he flowers :) This is really neat and the reason it's new is this battle map was never seen in any footage i ever found. The one we saw was the ONLY m&l one, I bet it's a different zone.

The msot interesting one is the one with the 2 yellow thing. See, paper mario is like......rolled and strechted, idk what the freak he is doing, but notice the HUD? You see an hand right beside of his icon. This means that whatever he is doing is a paper abilities that is new to this game. My guess is it would allow to use the yellow thingy to have one of the brothers grab the thing, Paper Mario rolling himself to have the other brother be on the other end and grab the other yellow thing. idk what the freak he is doing, but idc, it seems so cool :)

The toad screaming is new, but other than saying that you would save them, I have nothing to speculate about. The only thing I would say, is please have other npc than toads :(

Just telling a thing, the screen with the shell attack and Paper Mario encouraging the brothers is NOT new. This is one of these details I noticed in footages, it was knew beforehand.

The bridge part is completely new, gotta wonder what's there because if you have noticed, this was not int he e3 demo :)

The rocket launching IS NEW! Seriously, an attack by launching a rocket with the brothers? SOUNDS COOL!

Also, notice something very shiny and stickerstary?

Yeah, enemies having the shiny textures of SS is new. Which btw, it is NOT a bad thing, that part was fine in SS. That game not having stickers, all it does is just being better aesthetically like it was in SS so yay!

the shot after, we see AGAIN, grassy area, but notice a stone like structure? I believe this would have been a wall before. Btw, there's a thing on the right that really bothers me because I think it's something important :(

That;s it :)

So, basically, there;s some cool stuff about the way this game handles SS, but please, i really want to see other npc other than toad. Like, I could understand if it was to save dev resources, but it;s just really something that would make the game A LOT better to me instantly.
*punches page into Google Translate and fixes errors n' *****
I've figured out how the Amiibo work

Scanning an Amiibo of a "Set" will get you a Battle Card specific to that Set which will help you in battle in some way.

The Sets are as follows;
Mario Set: Mario Mario, Smash Mario, Smash Dr. Mario, 8-Bit Classic Mario, 8-Bit Modern Mario
Luigi Set: Mario Luigi, Smash Luigi
Peach Set: Mario Peach, Smash Peach
Yoshi Set: Mario Yoshi, Smash Yoshi, Yarn Green Yoshi, Yarn Pink Yoshi, Yarn Blue Yoshi, Yarn Mega Yoshi
Bowser Set: Mario Bowser, Smash Bowser, Hammer-Slam Bowser, Hammer-Slam Dark Bowser
Toad Set: Mario Toad

What the Battle Cards do, we still got no idea. But it's cool none-the-less.
Very
- - - - -
The little stretched-out Paper Mario sorta reminds me of his Tube curse (Mainly because Luigi is sticking his head inside the tube, why I have no idea), so maybe Tube will have other uses?
(DKC-styled Log Rolling with Paper Mario when)
- - - - -
Paper Bob-Ombs, Paper Shy Guys and the Shiny Enemies are new additions.
Since some enemies are shiny, are we technically in pre-Sticker Star/mid-Sticker Star times? Are Royal Stickers still affecting things? Who knows? :4pacman:
- - - - -
upload_2015-10-10_21-48-43.png

This screenshot seems to get my attention the most, as it's telling me that we're in some Mountain-Area, due to the snow falling and the steep drop down below.
Makes me feel like they're gonna make a joke of Paper Mario accidentally almost falling through the cracks of the bridge.
Either that or a Blizzard just blowing Paper Mario away from the Bros.
Paper Jokes. :4pacman:
- - - - -
upload_2015-10-10_21-50-54.png

This screenshot also has my attention for a few reasons.
1) Mario & Luigi's Status Bars are completely gone. This tells me that there's some sort of scripted event going on.
2) In both Sticker Star Trailers, there's a scene in which Mario & Luigi are down, and Paper Mario is getting "revealed", Sticker-Star style. This makes me think that this is the "Tutorial Battle" for Paper Mario, to get players accustomed to the X (Paper Mario) and Y (Block) Buttons.
- - - - -
upload_2015-10-10_21-55-6.png

ROCKETSHIP
TO DA MOON
...*ahem*
I just wanted to point out that Paper Mario doesn't get to Re-Visit Space.
He's cheering on the Bros., which is only apparent in Mario & Luigi-Specific Bros. Attacks.
I wonder if Mario and Luigi can see the ruins of the X-Nauts' Base up there. :drshrug:

Chrono.

Scanning an Amiibo of a "Set" will get you a Battle Card specific to that Set which will help you in battle in some way.

The Sets are as follows;
Mario Set: Mario Mario, Smash Mario, Smash Dr. Mario, 8-Bit Classic Mario, 8-Bit Modern Mario
Yoshi Set: Mario Yoshi, Smash Yoshi, Yarn Green Yoshi, Yarn Pink Yoshi, Yarn Blue Yoshi, Yarn Mega Yoshi
Bowser Set: Mario Bowser, Smash Bowser, Hammer-Slam Bowser, Hammer-Slam Dark Bowser
So they actually plan on using the Skylanders stuff elsewhere? That's interesting, it'd be funny if Mario Maker got those 4 as costumes somewhere along the line.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So they actually plan on using the Skylanders stuff elsewhere? That's interesting, it'd be funny if Mario Maker got those 4 as costumes somewhere along the line.
There's a reason they made the Bowser/DK Skylanders also have an Amiibo Function :4pacman:
WE'VEGOTTOHAVEMONEY.mp4

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
*punches page into Google Translate and fixes errors n' *****
I've figured out how the Amiibo work

The Sets are as follows;

What the Battle Cards do, we still got no idea. But it's cool none-the-less.
Very
- - - - -
The little stretched-out Paper Mario sorta reminds me of his Tube curse (Mainly because Luigi is sticking his head inside the tube, why I have no idea), so maybe Tube will have other uses?
(DKC-styled Log Rolling with Paper Mario when)
- - - - -
Paper Bob-Ombs, Paper Shy Guys and the Shiny Enemies are new additions.
Since some enemies are shiny, are we technically in pre-Sticker Star/mid-Sticker Star times? Are Royal Stickers still affecting things? Who knows? :4pacman:
- - - - -
View attachment 77488
This screenshot seems to get my attention the most, as it's telling me that we're in some Mountain-Area, due to the snow falling and the steep drop down below.
Makes me feel like they're gonna make a joke of Paper Mario accidentally almost falling through the cracks of the bridge.
Either that or a Blizzard just blowing Paper Mario away from the Bros.
Paper Jokes. :4pacman:
- - - - -
View attachment 77489
This screenshot also has my attention for a few reasons.
1) Mario & Luigi's Status Bars are completely gone. This tells me that there's some sort of scripted event going on.
2) In both Sticker Star Trailers, there's a scene in which Mario & Luigi are down, and Paper Mario is getting "revealed", Sticker-Star style. This makes me think that this is the "Tutorial Battle" for Paper Mario, to get players accustomed to the X (Paper Mario) and Y (Block) Buttons.
- - - - -
View attachment 77493
ROCKETSHIP
TO DA MOON
...*ahem*
I just wanted to point out that Paper Mario doesn't get to Re-Visit Space.
He's cheering on the Bros., which is only apparent in Mario & Luigi-Specific Bros. Attacks.
I wonder if Mario and Luigi can see the ruins of the X-Nauts' Base up there. :drshrug:
btw, I noticed soemthing

(use the amazon links, the pic are MUCH better)

WHAT IS "ON"?

never saw this in footages, I bet it;s stuff that chnaged after dev.....

As for the no status bar, either normal gameplay OR tutorial, the yellow thign which i forgot his name is there anyway.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
btw, I noticed soemthing

(use the amazon links, the pic are MUCH better)

WHAT IS "ON"?

never saw this in footages, I bet it;s stuff that chnaged after dev.....
a-tsu-su-to.
Atsusuto.
"Assist".
Are these the amiibo cards? :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom