• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Here's a quick translation :
マリオとルイージが力を合わせて冒険する「マリオ&ルイージRPG」シリーズ最新作。不思議な本から飛び出したペラペラなピーチやキノピオたちの元の世界に戻すため、新たな仲間ペーパーマリオと共に、3人で世界を駆け巡る。

A new entry in the "Mario and Luigi RPG" series where Mario and Luigi use their combined power to go on adventures.
In order to return the [sound of paper] Peach, Toads and others to their world in a mysterious book, [Mario and Luigi] need to team up with new friend, Paper Mario. The three of them will explore together.

The rest on amazon just seem to describe the various moves.

Also Amazon has a pre-order bonus for Japan (4 big stickers of different types). Not unusual for Nintendo games (even RH 3DS got a pre-order bonus via a postcard).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
can;t be, the cards appear at the bottom, you can jsut touch them, this has been known fro a while now:

At first I thought about them being the "Enabler" for scanning Amiibos.
But that blank spot at the bottom-left of the touch screen makes me think that the Amiibo function will go there.
Hmmm... :drshrug:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Here's a quick translation :
マリオとルイージが力を合わせて冒険する「マリオ&ルイージRPG」シリーズ最新作。不思議な本から飛び出したペラペラなピーチやキノピオたちの元の世界に戻すため、新たな仲間ペーパーマリオと共に、3人で世界を駆け巡る。

A new entry in the "Mario and Luigi RPG" series where Mario and Luigi use their combined power to go on adventures.
In order to return the [sound of paper] Peach, Toads and others to their world in a mysterious book, [Mario and Luigi] need to team up with new friend, Paper Mario. The three of them will explore together.

The rest on amazon just seem to describe the various moves.

Also Amazon has a pre-order bonus for Japan (4 big stickers of different types). Not unusual for Nintendo games (even RH 3DS got a pre-order bonus via a postcard).
i meant more this link:

http://ga-m.com/n/mario-luigi-rpg-paper-mix-amiibo/

Which seems to be a new site????????

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
btw, I noticed soemthing

(use the amazon links, the pic are MUCH better)

WHAT IS "ON"?

never saw this in footages, I bet it;s stuff that chnaged after dev.....

As for the no status bar, either normal gameplay OR tutorial, the yellow thign which i forgot his name is there anyway.
Based on its placement in Dream Team, it's probably having the 3D on and off. It only gave the option before starting certain bros attacks in Dream Team, but it's probably switchable in battle now.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I had a dream last night that was strange, very strange... It was more like a nightmare tbh. I don't know if I should share the specifics, but it involved my sister.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is blowing up on my twitter feed
That was always there, right?
I'm betting someone at Amazon was like "that shovel knight guy is a nintendo character right? i mean he has an amiibo!"
And then foolishly added Shovel Knight's amiibo to this page without fact checking.
Not taking this as a sign quite yet.

But holy **** if Shovel Knight is in Smash Bros. he is like the worst kept secret in the history of secrets.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm betting someone at Amazon was like "that shovel knight guy is a nintendo character right? i mean he has an amiibo!"
And then foolishly added Shovel Knight's amiibo to this page without fact checking.

But holy **** if Shovel Knight is in Smash Bros. he is like the worst kept secret in the history of secrets.
The worst-kept secret in the history of secrets was Roy/Ryu.
Shovel Butt's a close second. :drshrug:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If you reportedly use amiibo it will activate special cards.

対応するアミーボは、マリオ系、ルイージ系、ピーチ系、クッパ系、ヨッシー系、キノピオです。

The supported amiibo are: Mario type, Luigi type, Peach type, Bowser type, Yoshi type and Toad.

(type is used to refer to characters that have multiple amiibo; like Mario has two amiibo right now.)

That seems to be the only interesting information. Don't think I missed anything.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

...Amazon?

This is on Nintendo's website.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, I wouldn't take that as a confirmation just yet.

But considering the timing (the rumor supposedly has until the end of the month to be confirmed), it is a little weird that it got added there.

Khoru

Smash Champion

this is on nintendo's website
the same one that claims chibi-robo's usable in smash

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I had a dream last night that was strange, very strange... It was more like a nightmare tbh. I don't know if I should share the specifics, but it involved my sister.
General rule of thumb: if it's personal and strange, you probably should keep it to yourself.

Chrono.

The worst-kept secret in the history of secrets was Roy/Ryu.
Shovel Butt's a close second. :drshrug:
To be fair Roy/Ryu wasn't as widespread, despite being practically confirmed right out the bat thanks to the soundfiles.

The SK rumor has been a snowball that hasn't stopped since it began.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I was just thinking.....

I really hope that, after releasing the final batch of Smash DLC, they make it completely, 100% clear that it is the last batch.

Mario Kart 8 still has people talking about third and fourth DLC packs even though the Animal Crossing one was obviously the end of it (mostly because Nintendo didn't outright say that was the last DLC release), and with Smash, it would be ten times worse.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Mario Maker Mario just activates regular Mario in Smash, right?

Also, I think the ERSB leaks were worse than SK rumor as they had video evidence!

I was just thinking.....

I really hope that, after releasing the final batch of Smash DLC, they make it completely, 100% clear that it is the last batch.

Mario Kart 8 still has people talking about third and fourth DLC packs even though the Animal Crossing one was obviously the end of it (mostly because Nintendo didn't outright say that was the last DLC release), and with Smash, it would be ten times worse.
If anything we will know via Sakurai's Famitsu column.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Chrono.

Stealth's say on the matter.
Mario Maker Mario just activates regular Mario in Smash, right?

Also, I think the ERSB leaks were worse than SK rumor as they had video evidence!
Yeah, as well as the other character repeats (Yarn Yoshi for Yoshi, Gold/Silver Mario for Mario etc etc).

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Man, I can't wait for Yarn Yoshi to finally be playable!

:troll:
Actually, Yarn Yoshi works like a regular Yoshi amiibo on games that don't differentiate them. While Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World treats them differently, a Yarn Yoshi used in Smash will be treated like you scanned a regular old Smash/Super Mario Yoshi amiibo.

The same goes for Dr. Mario, 8-Bit Mario, the gold and silver repaints of regular Mario, and the Skylanders versions of DK and Bowser.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Just saying if both chibi-robo and shovel knight gets in.At the same time in the same month.I would die of hype....to bad its fake and people need to stop looking to deep into websites mistakes

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How about annoying, girly-sounding Bomberman for Smash?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just saying if both chibi-robo and shovel knight gets in.At the same time in the same month.I would die of hype....to bad its fake and people need to stop looking to deep into websites mistakes
I don't see Chibi Robo on the Smash Bros page. I think it only says he compatible on his own page. It's the complete opposite for SK; on the Smash Bros. Page but it's not on his actual page.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't see Chibi Robo on the Smash Bros page. I think it only says he compatible on his own page. It's the complete opposite for SK; on the Smash Bros. Page but it's not on his actual page.
For Shovel Knight, this is the first time this has happened on the site ever, could it be?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Actually, Yarn Yoshi works like a regular Yoshi amiibo on games that don't differentiate them. While Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World treats them differently, a Yarn Yoshi used in Smash will be treated like you scanned a regular old Smash/Super Mario Yoshi amiibo.

The same goes for Dr. Mario, 8-Bit Mario, the gold and silver repaints of regular Mario, and the Skylanders versions of DK and Bowser.
I'm aware, it was just a little joke. :p

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So many random amiibo slip ups on the Nintendo website, and as far as I know they have all been mistakes. I wouldn't look too far into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom